Sun Badger Solar

Minnesota: Contractors
02/29/2024

Serving Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin

Arlington Heights, IL 60005

We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment
Tesla Powerwall Battery + Solar Energy

Tesla Powerwall Battery + Solar Energy

solar companies202060005
Brand new home solar installation with Tesla Powerwall batteries. Solar + Storage

Sun Badger Solar provides high quality, professionally designed solar arrays to home and business owners in Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Florida. Customer satisfaction is our top priority! We treat each project as if it was our own home or business. Sun Badger utilizes the newest technologies on the market to insure your system is built to last, with only Tier One equipment. Our staff has over a decade of experience in the Solar industry, and can help find the best, most economical solution to your energy needs. We also have multiple financing options that can help make solar a reality for anyone on any budget!...

solar companies (18)

06/10/2022

kenneth H.

Long process but well worth it. Sun badger does a great job with communicating all steps. I researched 4 solar companies and chose sun badger. I couldn’t be happier.

Description of Work
Solar install

Work Completed On 06/09/2022

05/16/2022

SUSAN B.

Communication was fantastic throughout the entire process. Every question and concern was addressed. There was much educational and technical information presented along the way so we knew what was happening. The crews were hard working, professional, cleaned up, explained things and they really love their jobs. There were some delays to due supply chain issues for the meters and some weather related issues but we were made aware of those.

Description of Work
solar array installed on roofs of home and garage

Work Completed On 05/09/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We are always here if you have questions, even now that your system is energized! We look forward to the many sunny days ahead for you and your solar system! ☀️ Don't forget about our referral program through our Sun Badger Solar app!

05/03/2022

Patricia M.

Installation was completed in a timely and professional manner, along with good attention to clean up of work areas at the end of the day. All interactions with the Sun Badger team were met with courteous responses and detailed explanations each step of the process. Sun Badger team did an excellent job of coordinating their scheduled work with WE Energies and the village inspector, as well as obtaining all the necessary permits for the project. Communications was very good, though there were a couple instances where workers showed up without advance notice of their visit from the project office.

Description of Work
Install solar panels

Work Completed On 05/02/2022

Thank you for your feedback! We take pride in our customer service and the work that our install teams do for our customers! We are here for you shall you have any questions going forward. Don't forget about our referral program as well!

04/06/2022

Correy L.

We signed a contract back in January, was told by Marina S. The sales person that are system would be installed by spring. April 6 they have not got anything started. February 3 the master electrician came out to are place and thought the panels were in poor location blocking are view and picked out a new location by are Polebarn. He told us it could be back fed threw are Polebarn and the trenching would cost the same. I didn’t hear anything for a month so I called the office trying to figure out where everything was at. I was directed to the project manager who didn’t answer or respond to messages. I then received a few days later a email stating that they wanted a additional 6000 more then the already signed contract. I was told April 6 that they would not honor what the electrician had told me and also are system was not going to be in by spring even though that’s what the sales person promised in order to get us to sign there contract. This is not the first time they have pulled this read there reviews and run far away

Description of Work
Solar system

Work Completed On 04/06/2022

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed]. We have reviewed your complaint and we have found that while we understand your frustrations with the length of your project and changes that occurred, we have communicated clearly to you and explained in detail what to expect going forward. When our electrician arrived on site to review the location of the ground mount and trenching, we had realized that there was potential for shading based on the tree-line in the specified area. We presented options that included: 1) removing or altering the tree line 2) moving the location of the ground mount with similar trenching distance, or 3) moving the ground mount to a location that would be further away without shading. We negotiated the cost of trenching to lower the additional cost, if you went with option #3. In regards to the contract, if changes need to be made, this requires a Change Order. The contract states: “A Contract Change Order simply means an amendment to this Contract that changes or modifies the obligations of Sun Badger and you. Contract Change Orders may change the system equipment to be used, the total price of this Project, the time Sun Badger has to complete its work (if, for instance, additional time is needed for you to address an Excluded Work item per Paragraph 3 of this Contract’s General Terms and Conditions), or any other matter controlled by this Contract.“ We are sorry you believe Sun Badger is at fault here. When choosing to install solar there are potential delays and increased pricing can occur IF changes have to be made to the design. At all times we did our best to communicate any new details with you and presented clear expectations of your solar energy project. At the end of the day, you have chosen to decline our communications and have verbally assaulted our team members. If you have additional questions or concerns we encourage you to speak directly with our attorney. Thank you.

03/20/2021

Mike A.

everyone was great at communicating what was going on from quote to completion

Description of Work
solar install

Work Completed On 03/19/2021

Thank you for choosing to go solar with Sun Badger! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

03/18/2021

Vijay D.

After reseraching for about 6 months and getting quotes from three different solar contactors, finally decided to go with Sun Badger. The Matthew Stoltz the Solar consultant at SunBadger was excellent. Mickey Kennedy the project manager from SunBadger sent me updates every Friday on the status/progress of the project. The process of getting permits was so smooth, I just had to sign few documents and done. The installation took just 2 days. It’s just been a week now the system was generation good for the few sunny days we had. I like the ENPHASE app where we can monitor the system. After the system was up and running, Lindsey Stellflue from SunBadger called me and explained about the SunBadger app and ENPHASE app. showed me how to access the warranty information and shared their service contact. Over all I am very much satisfied for choosing SunBadger. I highly recommend SunBadger for family and friends.

Description of Work
Great Solar Installation Company With Excellent TEAM

Work Completed On 02/12/2021

Review for Sun Badger Solar  - Serving Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, Arlington Heights, IL - 39254554

Thank you for your feedback! Sun Badger Solar strives to make this experience a smooth process for our customers, while keeping you updated along the way. I'm happy to hear we did just that for you! We look forward to the sunny days ahead for you!

03/16/2021

Benjamin A.

We have mixed feelings about our experience with Sun Badger Solar. In short, the equipment itself is great and the sales and installation teams were outstanding. However, a simple miscalculation on Sun Badger’s part, and refusal to own up to the mistake from upper level leadership, including the president, Trevor Sumner, really soured our experience, so unfortunately we cannot recommend Sun Badger. In our experience, it appears that Sun Badger put profit over customer commitment. Here’s our experience in more detail, for those to whom it’d be helpful. The positives: Everything about our experience with our salesperson, Jake H., was outstanding. He helped us understand all our options and was very attentive to our questions, thoroughly addressing all of them to ensure that we were making the best possible decision for our needs and our property. Even after the initial consultation and throughout the process, Jake and the others on the project management team were available and responsive if we ever had any questions or wanted to touch base. About a week before the installation was scheduled, we found out that the panels we had planned on were not available, but that a similar higher-producing panel in the same size was. Sun Badger offered to swap these in, like for like, which we very much appreciated. The panels themselves are high quality and performing as they should be. The negatives: Our most significant negative experience in the process was that on the day of the install the installation crew informed us that the number of panels Sun Badger had laid out in their design would not fit. Our roof surface is a simple rectangle, so calculating the number of panels should be simple math. The installation crew rearranged the panels in such a way that they could fit as many as possible on our roof, but we were still left with 2 fewer panels, which translates to a system that produces 7% less energy than expected. This may sound like a small percentage, but when our goal was to max out our production to get as close as possible to the 120%-offset limit (as set out by our utility, Xcel Energy), 7% makes a big difference, especially considering how that multiplies over the 30-year life of solar panels. Had we known the original panels wouldn’t fit when we should have known—right after the engineering site visit—we would have re-designed, with different panels that would get us closer to our energy production goals. Instead, we were faced with a day-of-install decision of either delaying our project until the following year to accommodate a redesign (and therefore accept a lower federal rebate rate), or opt for a lower-producing system. We went with the latter. This caused another issue on the financing side since we had signed the financing documents at the beginning of the process, and could not now change those documents with our lender. Sun Badger did credit us for the panels that were not installed, so we could apply those funds to the principal on our loan, and they have assured us that they’ve changed the loan process so that this won’t happen to future customers. With regards to the miscalculation, Sun Badger says they’ve made system changes to avoid this error in the future. However, when we approached Sun Badger for any sort of good-faith gesture of compensation to help make this right for us, the best they could do was an Amazon or restaurant gift card. In fact, Sun Badger largely avoided owning responsibility for the error and the long-term negative impact it will cause us over the life of the panels. Sun Badger also avoided apologies by saying things like, “at the end of the day, you still have a great system and are getting thousands back in rebates.” True, but we are not getting our planned return on investment. The empty words and platitudes don’t address the problem. Sun Badger’s leadership’s lack of responsibility is the most disappointing part of this whole experience. We don’t question that the panels themselves and the installation are great, and our experience with our salesperson, Jake, was great. But if the best that we can say is that the product itself, installation, and the salesperson were great, you’d be better off finding another solar company that can accurately design a panel layout and will do the right thing for their customers.

Description of Work
Solar system install and grid interconnection

Work Completed On 12/01/2020

Mr. [Member Name Removed] thank you for your comments. Sun Badger takes care to install the highest quality and newest technology products, and we ensure the best possible customer experience. We apologize that you found our efforts did not meet your expectations. As you noted, Sun Badger took responsibility for providing you a no-charge upgrade to the original panels selected for your design, and we also refunded you for any panels that were not installed and any financing fees related to the slight change in your design. As explained, you are receiving the maximum production possible out of the solar array we installed on your home, given the physical space available on your roof. We explained changes to our design procedures to prevent future situations like yours from occurring. And we offered you gift card compensation, which you declined because you demanded something of a higher value in exchange for not writing a review. You have an excellent, well designed solar array which we are very proud of, and which will save you thousands of dollars on your electric bill over its life. We stand by our work and believe Sun Badger has treated you more than fairly. But of course, we are disappointed you didn’t feel our efforts and offers were sufficient. We are confident you will enjoy your solar energy system for many years.

03/01/2021

Tarek F.

I inquired with this company to get solar for my home. They called and promptly set up a phone call with Noah R. I accepted the calendar invite and five minutes later I get a notice that the appointment was cancelled with no explanation. I replied to the cancellation notice asking if they needed to reschedule. The response I got was “Isn’t your roof in the direct shadow of the tall building to the south?” I reply that I don’t know because I have not moved in yet. No response. I keep pushing and I get another email saying, “Too shady.” That’s how professional they are. They didn’t even have the decency to explain unless I pushed. If you don’t equal $$$, they don’t care to even talk to you. That says a lot about a company. I would avoid them.

Description of Work
Solar panels

Work Completed On 02/28/2021

We are disappointed to hear of your experience evaluating solar energy options for your property. Sun Badger Solar’s mission includes helping inform customers about solar energy products, offering high quality systems and providing the best customer service. We take care to be honest and upfront with our customers, and ensuring it makes sense for our customers to invest in solar energy. Unfortunately in your situation, your home is completely shaded by a large building to the south. With this evaluation, our sales team did not feel it would be appropriate to quote you a system and canceled the meeting we had set up with you. We informed you of the reasoning shortly after the meeting was cancelled, and apologize we did not provide the explanation prior to canceling. If the circumstances of your home’s location changes, we would be happy to schedule another appointment and review your options for solar energy at that time.

12/03/2020

Rick S.

For a young company they are very committed to improving and providing great service. My experience wasn’t perfect but in the end I’m very happy with the product and company. I’m even part of the referral program. Come save the planet or at least get rid of you power bill. It feels good to do it. 😃

Description of Work
Solar Panels

Work Completed On 12/03/2020

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We appreciate your feedback and are always striving to improve so that we can keep our customers happy! ☀️ Congratulations on going solar!

11/25/2020

Craig P.

I interviewed 3 companies for my solar installation. I felt that Jared from Sun Badger did a great job of answering my millions of questions, and provided me with good apples-to-apples comparisons between the various panels and installations that I was looking at among the 3 installation companies. In the end it was Jared's no pressure approach, informative manner, and the companies ability to improve on the original quote to compete with other installer offers that sold me. The financing offered by Sunlight Financial also offered some of the best rates I came across as well. Once the contract is signed, they use an application called Basecamp to communicate with you and the rest of the install team. I'm not a huge fan of the structure of the app itself, but in the end it didn't really matter. There was really little communication needed after determining my solar design and signing the contract. Prior to Basecamp, the initial presentation and communication via phone and email with Jared was superb. After that, with Basecamp, you are updated and the various milestone of the install. There was one hiccup that occurred that had me a little upset for a bit. I posted a message on Basecamp regarding the upcoming expiration for the reservation of my Focus on Energy incentive. I had not received a response and so I had to take it upon myself to contact Focus on Energy to get my funds reservation extended. During my exit interview with the company they were very apologetic and insisted that should not have happened. In the end I got my incentive, so I can't hold a grudge. There was only one visit by an electrician that I really needed to be home for, so he could inspect my attic. Other than that the entire installation occurred with the need of anyone needing to be home. Access to my electric panel was via my garage in which I could just give them my garage code for entry. I signed at the end of June and install was tentatively scheduled for October. Once October came I was given a date for install, but that was cancelled for an unknown reason. It ended up to be about 4 weeks later (roughly) that they were able to come and install the panels. Initially they wanted to get it all done in one day, but due to weather it was spread out over several days. Once installed the wait for the electric company was about 3 weeks I believe, to change out the meter and give the OK to operate. In the end the delay in installation worked out to my advantage, because funds for a $500 rural bonus from Focus on Energy were freed up and so I got that extra money. I should disclose that Sun Badger says they will compensate me with an Amazon gift card for writing this review. I do not know how much, but the compensation does not affect the content of this review. It only provides incentive get of my butt and actually write a review. My system is 7.935KW with 23x LG Neon2 panels and Enphase IQ7+ microinverters with an estimated 88% offset. In South Central Wisconsin.

Description of Work
Solar Panels

Work Completed On 12/04/2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review! We are glad to hear you chose us based on the trust you were able to form with our sales team. We are here if you have any questions, even post-project! Hopefully you are able to refer your friends and neighbors to earn even more money back through our Sun Badger Solar app!

Solar Panels, Solar Energy, Free Solar Site Assessments , Solar system maintenance and service