Building a new home can be a money suck. But if you’re on a budget, you can still build your dream home with these tips to save money when building a house.
Get matched with top home builders in Sioux City, IA
There are 2 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Sioux City
- A & J's ConstructionThey are very good. They did the job timely and it was very well built. It was a big job. They tried to get the project done ahead of time. They worked on weekends and they did a very good job. I would recommend them to others. I would use them again.
- BERTE & SONS CONSTRUCTIONThey did an excellent job and had the garage framed, enclosed and roofed within 2 weeks. Very friendly and easy to work with crew. Top quality work. Highly recommended.
- MARK KUCHEL CONSTRUCTIONThe team was well prepared with sufficient labor and the correct tools to get the job done quickly and safely.
- Mark Carolan ConstructionMark and his construction crew do excellent work. We had a little problem initially communicating time schedules and expectations, but have discussed this and now i find that Mark is on top of keeping me informed of all schedules/timelines. His men are pleasant, professional, and do excellent work. Mark exhibits excellent carpentry/design skills and comes highly recommended in the construction community. His crew also clean up the work area each day prior to leaving!! I would highly recommend he and his crew for any building/reconstruction projects
- QUADE CONSTRUCTION CO LCThe design work Steve did was amazing, No architect could have planned the details to better fit with the style of the home. Once the project began, they moved it to completion as quickly as possible and minimized any disruption to the rest of the house. The workmen were courteous and professional. They confined the mess to the immediate work area and cleaned up every day. The subcontractor work (which was very little) was done to the same high standards as work done by the Quade crew. The final result exceeded my expectations; they took the ugliest room of my house and turned it into the most beautiful. I never actually totaled the cost - with work of this quality, it really didn't matter. I've worked with many contractors over the years, in several different states, and none have come close to Quade Construction's quality
- YOUNG CONSTRUCTION LTDExcellent job! They tore off the old shingles and put on new ones along with all the required underlayments. They also repaired a couple of areas that were leaking. They completed the job all with in one day and it looks beautiful!! They even put sheets over my plants around the house so nothing would fall in them!! Awesome!! When they completed shingling the roof they went around the house and picked up all the trash and nails. After they left the only evidence that anyone was there was the fact that we had a new roof!
- J & T ConstructionWithin a week after bidding the project, they came and measured the project. While we finished demolishing the old structure and removing the debris (finished April 10, 2014) they were busy building walls in their shop to erect on site. 4 days later (on Monday, April 14, 2014) they were here bright and early repairing foundation and Tuesday, April 15, began putting them up! Now starting the 4th week, and with 4 or 5 rain days in between, they have exterior and interior walls erected (2 stories), sheathed, roof trusses up, sheathed and papered, stairway to the 2nd floor nearly completed, and house wrapped in Tyvek air infiltration barrier. Tomorrow they will begin to install windows. The quality is very excellent, they are very efficient, easy to work with (I made changes to the plan a few times), jovial and super nice guys - it's only a 2 man team. All the rooms are exactly the right size, square, and level. I am very impressed with their work. The new house is 1638 square feet 3 bedrooms, single story on each end, and 2 story in the center with the 3rd bedroom upstairs and has a balcony overlooking the living room. The main floor also has an office for my business, decently large rooms (each of the main floor bedrooms is 12 x 12 feet, living room is 12 x 15 feet not including the stairway.) If anyone needs a house or other building constructed, J & T Construction is the very best, cost is very reasonable ($31.32 per square foot - plus materials). You'll get very high quality and fast reliable work putting it up!!
- LEIGHTON CONSTRUCTIONMatt and his crew did a wonderful job. They completed the job accurately and in a reasonable time. We were so pleased with their promptness in arriving - around 7:00 am each day. They worked continually, being one of the rare teams who can both talk and work at the same time. The few changes I wanted, they cheerfully did. They were non-smokers (all 5 of them!) and used clean language. My kitchen, which combined an old office area and the former kitchen into one large one, is exactly the way I wanted it. Best of all, they completed all those little tasks that come at the end of a project. Nothing left for us to finish up as has happened in the past with other carpenters
- JIM BURESH CONSTRUCTION COIt was a wonderful experience building with Buresh. They take care of every detail and fix most problems before you even know about them. They insist on top quality and will accept no less. Work is completed on schedule and on time. Sub-contractors are courteous and do what they are supposed to. Could not have asked for a better experience. Our home was actually completed a full two months early
- GONNERMAN CONSTRUCTIONTim came on a Monday gave us a estimate. Tuesday the crew arrived and dug the footings and poured the cement for them. Wednesday they arrived and formed it up for the cement. No one just stood around they were constantly working.
House Builders in Sioux City
- Business Description:I have been in the home const. and remodling industry for 39 years. We can help you with all of your home improvement needs! Custom Cabinetry kitchen and bathroom remodeling decks room additions Etc we accept all major credit cardRecent Review:In the middle of his busy day he made time to stop by and help us out when all others were going to be 2 to 3 weeks. He took care of the leaking pipe and was very affordable! I recommend!!Terry R.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Recent Review:I spoke with someone at the office on Tuesday morning. I was told a specific person serviced my area and that person would call me back. That person called back the following Monday. I already have the work done by another company. I guess they don't need my businesNancy S.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:DUCTS IN A ROW is a privately owned air duct cleaning business owned and operated by Nick Braafhart. Ducts In A Row offers professional air duct and dryer vent cleaning services and sells electrostatic air filters. Ducts In A Row has provided central Iowa with honest, friendly, professional service since 2003. Please contact Nick at 515-577-6460 for a free estimate or for more information regarding indoor air qualityRecent Review:Nick did an outstanding job. Fast and professional service. Price was very fair.Allan T.
- Business Description:We do subcontracting and hire subcontractors We bill at the end of the month or if a small job as soon as we finish. Prompt payment on all materials and labor
- Business Description:Family owned and operated residential and light commercial, contracting and sub contracting services. Additional Services: Handymen. Hardwood Flooring Sales, Installation, Refinishing. Interior Design & Decorating. Painting - Interior. Remodeling - Basements. Remodeling - General. Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom. Remodeling - Modular & Mobile Home. Remodeling - Sunrooms & Patio Enclosures. Siding. WindowsRecent Review:esInitially it started out well but as is typical in this industry, things start to fall off. He is able to do most phases of construction but prefers trimwork. The scope of work that we had didn't fit where he wanted to be. If it was a single job that he was being hired for, I think he would be good. He did good work but we do a lot of custom stuff and that throws our subs off sometimes. Super nice guy and I felt that he was trustworthy. <br /Dean K.
- Business Description:20+ years Construction/Master Carpenter experience. 7+ years in one of a kind custom Treehouse's with slides, rock walls, ziplines, bucket pulls, trap doors, etc. Custom Sheds and furniture. Custom wood tables to custom porch swings. We accept all major credit cards and Pay-Pal. $200 Consultation fee (goes towards project)
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
If you’re a fan of the Victorian era, a Queen Anne home may be perfect for you. Learn more about Queen Anne’s romantic, revival architecture and how to incorporate key pieces into your home for a regal and unique decor style.
Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Find home builders in
- South Sioux City
- Dakota City
- North Sioux City
- Dakota Dunes
- Sergeant Bluff
- Le Mars
- Elk Point
home builders in Sioux City
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Mark of Integrity2317 15th ave no
Fort Dodge, Iowa
- Abbott Construction Co3122 Pierce St
Sioux City, Iowa
- Allstar Roofing LLC4221 Tyler Street
Sioux City, Iowa
- Anderson-Bleil Construction LLC208 4th Ave Box 153
- Armstrong Construction314 Lantry St
- Audino Frank Construction Inc2805 W 4th St
Sioux City, Iowa
- A Mark of Integrity
- Born Again Interiors522 Highview drv.
- BRAND CONTRACTING377 Lakeshore Dr.
North Sioux City, South Dakota
- Brauninger Construction3929 160th Street
- Brincks Construction & Cabinet Co.413 E GROVE ST
- Brown Wegher Construction125 Gateway Dr
North Sioux City, South Dakota
- Buck VanderWilt Builders1012 4th Ave
- Born Again Interiors
- Cabinets By Stac508 W Sheridan Ave
- Christian Bros. Excavating L.C.2070 485th Street
Sioux Rapids, Iowa
- City Builders2009 Center St
Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Creating Spaces528 36th Street
Des Moines, Iowa
- Creative Home Renovations2909 20th Street
Sioux City, Iowa
- Crittenden Design Building Systems207 Iowa Ave
- CUTHBERT CONSTRUCTION2619 JENNINGS ST
Sioux City, Iowa
- Cabinets By Stac
- Dave and Son Construction1770 285th Street
Marble Rock, Iowa
- Dave Navarro ConstructionP.O. Box 1268
- DOUG W JOHNSON-RES/COML CONTR31412 E HORSE LAKE DR
Sioux City, Iowa
- Downing Construction Inc2500 W. 2nd Ave.
- Ducts In A Row939 Main St
- Dynabilt TechnologiesPO Box 726
- Dave and Son Construction
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- Howey Construction Services LLC210 Center St
Vermillion, South Dakota
- Howey Construction Services LLC
- J & R CONSTRUCTION2709 MYRTLE ST
Sioux City, Iowa
- J & R CONSTRUCTION
- Northwest Builders of Iowa Inc2185 Fox Ave
- Northwest Builders of Iowa Inc
- S.W.E. Construction1000 S 7Th
- Schaus-Vorhies Water Treatment609 W. Grimes
- Shandy Home Improvements LLC5328 240th Ave
Albert City, Iowa
- Skyline Construction2541 Randolph St
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Sundall Construction Co1696 260th Ave
Spirit Lake, Iowa
- S.W.E. Construction