A & A Painting & Carpentry Co

Founded 1987 • With Angi since February 2013

All skilled traders and home improvement contractors operating in the State of Connecticut are required to be licensed or registered by the State Department of Consumer Protection. License or registration identification is required to be on all advertising, business cards, signage, and contracts. You can check to see if a contractor or tradesperson is licensed or registered by going to: https://www.elicense.ct.gov/

22 Summit Ridge Rd

Shelton, CT 06484

New Canaan: Oenoke Ridge Road

New Canaan: Oenoke Ridge Road

decks & porches202006840
Interior and exterior paint job started and completed in New Canaan in June of 2020. Several rooms on the interior were painted and refinished ranging from bedrooms and bathrooms, living and dining rooms, and the entrance/foyer areas. On the exterior, we applied a Mahogany stain to the deck to seal and protect.

We are a medium-sized company with 27 years in the painting industry, with 6 full time painters and 1 carpenter. We do not sub-contract our work, we do all the work our self, we ask for 35% deposit, 35% at the half work completed and 30% upon completion of job....

house painting (18)interior painting (16)woodworking (6)general contractors (4)pressure washing (3)decks & porches (2)deck cleaning (1)wallpaper hanger (1)handyman (1)drywall (1)

06/25/2020

excellent work definitely hire him again

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He did Trim and painted my sunroom

CATEGORY woodworking,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/25/2020

04/30/2019

It went very well, they started on my preferred date and worked 6 days a week for 2 weeks to complete the job. I had expected it to take at least two weeks. They were punctual, polite, friendly, and thorough. It was 20 years since it was last painted so there was a lot of prep work that was needed. They also had to remove wallpaper from 6 rooms, prepare the surface, then repaint. I was very satisf...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Painted the entire inside of the house

CATEGORY house painters,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/15/2019

02/12/2018

Ronaldo and his team did an exception job. They went beyond the expected in everyway. They worked neatly, showed up on time and did great work. They are especially skilled at caulking and repair work. They transformed old and beat up rooms into fresh, clean and beautiful spaces. I have dealt with many contractors over the years and A and A ranks at the top. I give them my complete recommendation.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Painting of entire interior of my home.

CATEGORY interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/12/2018

12/02/2017

Overall the Ronaldo and his team did an excellent job. Their workmanship is first rate and the painters were polite and kept the work area neat. The only minor complaint I would have is that sometimes Ronaldo would be late or not show up for appointments. Would recommend them without reservation.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Painted entire exterior of house.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/18/2017

11/26/2017

Worked with us on timing and always responsive to questions and requests.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Painted entire exterior of house.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/10/2017

10/14/2017

A&A Painting and Carpentry is run by Roland and his team of workers. The work was very professional and high quality. Taking the old stain off along with cleaning mildew the siding took a few days of effort, but the team was able to create an generally even appearance down to the original cedar shingle color. New stain looks great and we are expecting to get 10-12 years of protection from it. Trim...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Large 10 year old house - 3 story with cedar shingles and attachments (large pergola, two decks, fence). Entire house and attachments were power washed to remove old stain, some mildew and discoloration. New natural cedar stain was applied to all siding, window trim and attachments were repainted (Satin white). The west facing side of the house had discoloration from 10 years of hot afternoon sun and the siding color ranged from brown (cedar tannin) to gray. We wanted to even out the color as much as possible so that after new stain was applied, the west side of the house would be nearly all the same color. Front door needed new stain and some carpentry work required to repair minor wood rot deck railings and pergola bottom siding.

CATEGORY pressure washing,woodworking,house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/02/2017

Thks , Mr. [Member Name Removed] . Ronaldo

10/09/2017

It was very easy and the job was great. Easy to communicate with, and always went above and beyond. Very helpful.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
painting kitchen cabinets, built ins, fireplaces, touch ups

CATEGORY contractors,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/20/2017

08/02/2017

Ronaldo and the team were great. It was a bit of a crisis, as our house is currently for sale. He got the team in right away and did an excellent job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Ronaldo and his team have done several projects for us, but the most recent one involved fixing a ceiling and bathroom after a toilet created a flood situation.

CATEGORY drywall,handyman service,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/26/2017

07/06/2017

Iniial work was done on time and looked like it was done well. Agreed on a fixed price for additional work but after it was done the painter wanted additional funds since it took him longer than expected. I refused to pay since it was a fixed price. As an alternative I gave him some additional work at a fair price. However he tried to make back the money by taking shortcuts and NOT doing the work ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Sanded and painted exterior of house.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/13/2015

This is NOT true. I have been in this business for 28 years now and always I keep my word. I do what is in my power to keep all my customers happy ! Unfortunately, I tried to keep this customer satisfied, but sometimes, no matter how much you do, it is never enough. I decided to go into this business not for the sole purpose of revenue, but more so to transform people's homes into what they have a...

03/02/2017

Both jobs went extremely well. The team was on time, did a very clean job, and much attention was given to detail. Several of my friends were favorably impressed by the results. Inside the house they painted bedrooms, closets, windows, trims and ceilings; In addition I needed to pull the wall to wall carpet in the dining room ; the hardwood floor needed to be sanded and finished with polyurethane....

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This is the second time Ronaldo (A&A) worked at my house. Two years ago he painted my house outside and just now he and his team painted my entire house inside.

CATEGORY house painters,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/02/2017

Photo for A & A Painting & Carpentry Co - 22 Summit Ridge Rd, Shelton, CT - 34542665

Residential & Commercial Painting Services -Interior & Exterior Painting -Power Washing -Drywall Installation & Repair -Wallpaper Installation & Removal -Cabinet Staining and Cabinet Re-finishing -Stairs, Decks, & Woodwork -Siding & Shingles Replacement -General Carpentry -Lead Paint Removal -Bathroom & Kitchen Renovation -Tile epoxy painting -Interior Faux Finishes -Cleaning & Painting Metal Structures -Metal Roof Coating -Factory & Shopping Plaza Painting -Project Management -Epoxy Cement Floor

Carpet Installation Plumbing Electric