We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling

Solid General Construction

Founded 2009 • With Angi since July 2013

Forest Creek Area

Orangevale, CA 95662

We are still open during the pandemic!.... And eager to serve you! Solid General Construction is a small company that accepts medium to large residential projects. We are a Mom and Pop shop who's goal is to get your construction or remodeling project done quickly and professionally. We keep a
Orangevale Guest House project
Orangevale Guest House

general contractors

201995662

02/03/2021

Hugo V.

My wife and I had Nick from Solid General Construction redo our master bathroom. Nick did an excellent job and exceeded our expectations. He transformed our original 1978 bathroom to modern day master bath out of a catalog. From day 1 we knew what was being done and what was next on the agenda. The communication from Nick is what I appreciated the most. Even after we decided on an item, such as the tile pattern, Nick would listen to what my wife wanted and worked WITH us to create a great concept. His attention to detail and craftsmanship is shown in the finished product. I can't wait to get Nic out here again for our kitchen remodel.

Description of Work
Full Master Bathroom Remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

01/10/2021

Lori K.

Nick and Zach were outstanding from start to finish. They demonstrated high level skills across all aspects of my project. I recommend Solid General Construction without hesitation.

Description of Work
extensive remodel to substantially increase bedroom square footage

Category drywall, electrician, picture framing, remodeling

01/10/2021

Lori K.

Solid General Construction had a solid performance in executing my recent room addition. The price was competitive, their skillset was exceptional, and from start to finish I was extremely happy with the project. Nick and his brother Zack were very pleasant to work with. They arrived early every morning and cleaned up before leaving each day. I can’t recommend Solid General Construction enough!

Description of Work
Room addition

Category concrete repair, drywall, electrician, fencing, flooring contractor, picture framing, lighting, roofing, siding, replacement windows, house painters, interior painters

12/22/2020

Andrew M.

Excellent, exceeded our expectations. Provided valuable feedback in planning our remodel and made the finished product much better than my wife or I could have ever hoped for. Very professional crew, showed up on time and left their work area cleaner than they found it every day. These guys go the extra mile to make sure you are satisfied. We will definitely hire again

Description of Work
Install wall, framing, electrical, drywall. Paint

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, sunrooms

03/12/2020

Joy P.

Great! Nick was excellent with setting expectations, planning and onsite management. There were no surprises! Both he and Zach have great pride in their work and it shows in the final project. There were present on site from the beginning until the very end and made sure all details were attended to before moving on. I would recommend them for any job, large or small.

Description of Work
In-Law suite extension

Category contractors, ceramic tile, concrete repair, flooring contractor, remodeling, garage builders, woodworking, interior painters

12/17/2019

Dennis S.

It was great. It was a professional job and it was a good job.

Description of Work
They replaced a big section of my wooden fence.

11/27/2019

KAREN P.

SGC was a referral from our paint contractor as a viable source to repair some wood siding (due to dry rot) prior to having our house painted. Nick was extremely professional in all manner of speaking. He returned all calls promptly, answered all our questions, was very competitive in his prices, and was true to his word. We were extremely pleased with the workmanship and end results of the project. When we called to inquire about a couple of items, Nick was very patient and prompt in responding. We would not hesitate to recommend him highly, and will definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
We needed a wall of siding replaced prior to painting our house.

Category siding, home remodeling

06/23/2019

Alaina W.

Nick and Zack were always on top of the job, very professional and hard working.

Description of Work
An in-laws quarters home

Category contractors, ceramic tile, concrete repair, decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

04/17/2018

Jim R.

Work turned out very nice and would recommend

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category home remodeling

03/30/2018

Lori P.

Nick and his team are awesome! Work was done professionally, within budget and on time! Siding, trim and fascia boards were replaced due to dry rot. The area around the entry stairs was a bit tricky to repair, but Nick custom created a fix to alleviate future water problems and the front entrance looks beautiful! Nick also recommended a small fix of removing a windowsill on the bedroom windows as it was causing dry rot around my windows. The fix was perfect; like there was never a windowsill there. They also took time to explain if I had questions. Look no further than Solid General Construction. It's all in the name! Thank you, Nick and crew!!!

Description of Work
Siding, trim and fascia boards replaced

Category contractors, decks, remodeling, siding, woodworking, home remodeling

03/22/2018

Shannon L.

I was extremely disappointed with them. It took me two months of MY repeatedly reaching out to them to get them to come look at the job. After I finally got them to come out, I never heard back from them about a job date. I finally gave up, and emailed them that I was going to find someone else for the job. I felt even more disappointed when THIS TIME they emailed back fairly quickly, and said they were sorry but just too busy. They didn't even attempt to regain my faith in them. I guess they either don't care about one-day jobs OR they don't care about repeat business. I thought they were an excellent company, and my previous review confirms that, but I won't contact them again, and won't recommend them for fear they will exhibit the same poor treatment to friends.

Description of Work
After giving Solid General an EXCELLENT review following their first job (replacing an exterior door and removing a wall A/C unit), I contacted them to replace my front door with a more decorative model, and remove a heavy security screen.

Category home remodeling, doors

03/09/2018

Wes D.

Great! Nick and his crew were quick and efficient. They event went above and beyond by rebuilding and customizing my old gate to make it look and function like new, no charge! They were super nice and very talented.

Description of Work
Fence Framing and construction

Category picture framing, garage builders

03/02/2018

Thomas M.

Work was completed quickly and to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Carefully uninstalled toilet and removed old water damaged bathroom flooring with mold growth. Replaced floor and installed new tile we had picked out. Patched some holes in drywall as well.

Category contractors, picture framing, handyman service, plumbing, garage builders, home builders, home remodeling

02/12/2018

Cate D.

Well! Nick and his crew were very efficient, attuned to every detail, on time and on budget. They were able to adapt to some changes and made the extra effort to get everything right at the end. Very happy we could hire them!

Description of Work
We used Solid General for adding a couple of rooms to the back of our house

Category contractors, drywall, picture framing, remodeling, home builders

02/02/2018

ED S.

They did a good job. They were right on time, nice, friendly, quick, gave advise, cleaned up as if they were never there. Nick, the boss, was great.

Description of Work
Installed two fence posts and put blown down fence back up.

12/20/2017

Cheryl C.

This is a professional company. Rain & winds tore down the neighbor fence and our side fence. SGC gave us a detailed estimate and it was agreed upon they'd return (did the job in two phases: 1. $550 - Replaced 3 posts - neighbor fence). 2. %1,650 - Returned and built a new redwood fence (after rainy season)

Description of Work
$ 550: Repair Fence (3 posts); 1 person (Kevin); 1 day $1,650: NEW-Replace fence (keep 3 posts from repair); 3 people; 1 day Amounts don’t include cost to paint fence; but they will do that and better if we provide the paint Brothers: Nick Bossio (and Zack) Orangevale, CA 95662 (916) 308-9611 [*** Link removed ***]

11/16/2017

Ellen D.

I e-mailed Solid General Construction on a Sunday evening. I received a call from their office on Monday and an appointment was made for Nick to come to my house to give me an estimate on Tuesday morning. Nick was prompt, knowledgeable and professional. Nick discussed options, patiently answered my questions and gave a reasonable estimate. It was a pleasant surprise that Nick and his crew were available to complete the work the same day. They did what they said they would and the work quality is good. It was a good experience overall. I would definitely hire them again. R

Description of Work
Rebuild of side gate Replacement of gate post Replacement and painting of damaged siding Securing of loose second story corner siding

Category fencing, siding

09/21/2017

Sally G.

They did an excellent job - finishing in about 1 & 1/2 days...since I was a new customer they threw in a replacement for my gate for free.

Description of Work
I needed a fence on one side of my property replaced. They used redwood.

09/16/2017

Shannon L.

Nick sized up both jobs, and provided estimates within just a day or two. Zach, Nick's brother, was in and out in one day. He did both jobs himself. He's a superhero!!! The second day their stucco guy came and repaired all of the exterior stucco, and then Zach returned to paint the exterior around the door frame, and he repainted the bedroom where the a/c unit was removed (both inside and out!). There is NO WAY anyone could tell now that an a/c unit was ever there! They were amazing!!!! Highly, highly recommended!!!!

Description of Work
Replaced exterior entry/exit garage door (not a roll-up door for the car) including framing, and removed a wall-mounted a/c unit in bedroom.

Category drywall, picture framing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors

08/20/2017

Krystin L.

Nick and SGC were amazing. Great crew of guys and great work. We wanted to reuse as much of our original fence as possible, since it was less than a year old, and retain all the boards for other projects. They were very mindful of that when removing the fence and we couldn't be happier with our new fence and our view!

Description of Work
Removed solid fence and put up new framed hogwire fence.

07/31/2017

Craig B.

The new redwood fence looks awesome!!

Description of Work
100 feet of redwood fence

07/20/2017

Belva S.

Didn't go at all. I cancelled the job because Solid General Construction didn't respond to my calls for an appointment. I never did speak to anyone. In fact, their recorded answering message says they don't make return calls until Fridays. But Fridays came and went with no return calls. They did make 1 call whenI wasn't available and left a message about phone problems (unlikely over that period of time!) By that time I'd lost faith in them.

Description of Work
Fence Post Replacement.

07/18/2017

Ann Marie D.

My first interaction with Nick, the owner, was when he came to my home to give me a price estimate for work that I wanted done. Nick was very personable, attentive, and knowledgeable as I walked him through the house showing him the various improvements needed. Nick was extremely prompt in providing the written price estimate. Compared to other estimates I had received, Nick’s overall estimate was comparable. My deciding factor to go with Solid General Construction vs. another company was Nick’s personality... come to find out, the entire team at Solid General Construction are friendly, polite, knowledgeable, and skilled. There were no bait & switch surprises… the price estimate that was provided was what I got. After projects were started, there were a few add-ons that I requested, and each time Nick provided an accurate estimate for the add-ons. I had a fairly long list of home improvement projects that needed to be done. Prior to starting, Nick had provided me with a calendar schedule outlining all of the projects with dates as to when they would begin and be completed. Nick stuck to the schedule and actually finished the work a week early. Solid General Construction’s work was done well, on time, at a good price, and by a talented team. I would recommend them to anyone who has home improvement needs… I will definitely use their services again.

Description of Work
Install Jacuzzi bathtub,; Install bath tub and shower wall combo, Build pony wall in bathroom, Replace exhaust fan in bathroom, Install bathroom light fixtures, Replace toilets, Install recess lighting in kitchen, Replace insulation and drywall, Replace backyard fence and gate, Install sliding glass door in kitchen, Pour concrete paths, Build Redwood pergola with metal roof, Install ceramic floor tile, Install laminate flooring

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, electrician, fencing, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, patios

07/17/2017

Tom P.

Good quality work was completed on schedule at a fair price

Description of Work
Nick remodeled a 3 BR rental including new floors, paint, a total bathroom upgrade and a minor kitchen upgrade. He also did significant landscape clean up.

Category electrician, fencing, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, hardscaping

07/13/2017

Carlos F.

It took a while for them to coming and perform the work because they couldn't enough material, but they got it done.

Description of Work
Fence replacement