Built To Perfection Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since August 2008

Welcome to Built To Perfection Inc, Los Angeles’ premiere construction and home remodeling company. Created in 2000 by Asher Ben Haim. Built to Perfection Inc. stand outs with the passion and love everyone on our team has towards our work. We all love what we do! We aren’t just remodelers; we

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

home remodeling (30)roofing (17)cabinet makers (12)interior painting (8)electrician (8)plumbers (7)lighting (7)countertop installation (7)tile installation (7)foundation repair (5)home builder (5)house painting (2)

06/08/2022

Cameron S.

Eddie and the team have been great. Our original vision came in over budget but Eddie worked with us to change the design and provide recommendation on materials so that we were able to get something we are happy with, within our budget.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 06/08/2022

Hello [Member Name Removed], we are so happy to hear that everything is going so smooth for you! Please know that we are always available every step of the way! if you need anything, please do not hesitate to reach out to us! we can't wait to see the finished product!

09/08/2019

Michele H.

We recently had our 2 bathrooms remodeled by Built To Perfection and this was our 2nd & 3rd projects. They did a partial remodel of our kitchen 3 years ago. Since it had been 3 years, we did talk to other builders on the first bathroom project with an unique request. We wanted to create an access to this bathroom from outside so our guests will not have to go around the house to get to a bathroom while they are using our pool. Since it’s a small bathroom and there is no space to place a door from outside, we even thought about opening more space into the guest room next to it. But one day we found some pictures online that showed a door from outside opening right into the shower area. We liked the idea so much, so we mentioned it as we were getting the estimate for the projects. Roi was the only person who was excited about our idea and said “we could do this”. He took care of all the permits with the city and did a beautiful job. The foreman, Armondo was so nice and did such great work, we ended up asking them to carry on with another small bathroom. Not only are they reasonable with their quotes, Roi communicates with us well and listen to our concerns and takes care of them to our satisfaction. No more shopping around for sure for any future remodeling projects.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/17/2019

Review for Built To Perfection Inc - 22222 Sherman Way, Canoga Park, CA - 38095519

03/31/2019

Chance K.

From start to finish, I had an great experience with Built to Perfection! I personally had never hired a construction/remodeling company, so I went into this process with only a little bit of research done on the internet. I got a few bids from other companies but Roi, our project manager, stood out from the rest because of his professionalism and price compared to others. He was extremely helpful throughout the design process and helped us pick quality materials and parts. His workers are respectful and talented too. And most of all they stand by their work. I'm actually writing this review 3 years after they did the jobs because I had to call them back to fix a shower pan issue, which they did promptly. I figured I owe them this review. I would definitely hire them again for my next remodel!

Description of Work
Two master bathroom remodels in two different homes

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/29/2019

Hi! Thank you very much for your review! And our pleasure, we always aim to provide the best customer service to our dear clients. Thanks for continuously trusting Built To Perfection, Inc.!

09/12/2016

Pamela P.

The company was able to get an appointment set up quickly. The employee arrived right on time. He was very clean cut, polite and professional. The first thing he did was inspect the attic, which he said everything look good from the inside. That was good news! I expected that he would get a ladder and look at the roof next, but no. He was driving a little compact car, no ladder. In fact I had to provide a step stool to the attic. How do you do a roof inspection and not even look at the roof? The Angie's List Deal States that it would be a "complete roof inspection". I was very dissatisfied and after a couple of phone calls I was finally given a refund. I know this review is little late as the date of service was in January. The reason I am writing the review now is that we just recently had a company power wash the roof and they found a couple of cracked tiles and a couple of missing tiles.

Description of Work
With the pending threat of el nino and the rain that was suppose to come with it, I purchased an Angie's List offer for a roof inspection. The offer from Built to Perfection was very reasonable at $49.00.

Work Completed On 01/29/2016

08/23/2016

GREGORY D.

They came out and gave us an estimate and we decline, we decided not to use them their estimate was too high. I thought their price was too high I ended up having someone come and do the job for half the price of what the offered.

Description of Work
I used Built to perfection for roofing inspection.

Work Completed On 08/01/2016

06/23/2016

Gustavo P.

They did a wonderful job. Stress free, on time, professional

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 02/21/2016

03/04/2016

Lavinia W.

Very well. Checked roof, gave me lots of good info about roof materials. Didn't try topressure me, but believes I need a new roof in six months. We will check back with him when we are ready to do the work.

Description of Work
inspect roof

Category remodeling, roofing

Work Completed On 02/11/2016

03/04/2016

Jill C.

I've given them $13,000. ?After giving me a bid that seemed too high to take down a wall, ?I called another contractor for a second opinion. ?He said that the bid for my part of the renovation was too high and said that the bid for taking down some walls was also too high. ?Then I texted them and said don't order any supplies, refund the money back to my credit card. ?I just said our relationship is terminated, thanks for the work you have done and I'm hiring another contractor. ?Then, between phone calls and texting, they are harassing me. ?They've threatened to put a lien on my house, sue me, and call the police today. ?Roy asked me if I moved back home before my rent was up at the hotel that he wanted me to give him the leftover time so he and his wife could have a vacation at the hotel.

Description of Work
The provider upgraded the plumbing and also the electric. Then hired them to do a remodeling job of my kitchen and all the flooring in the house.

Work Completed On 03/04/2016

OMG! And thank god that we do everything by the book! Please feel to contact me to 818-335-1431 to hear the real story. To make it short, We got hired by mis [Member Name Removed] after she had a water damaged and water damaged company did the process to dry it out. We got hired to do a rough, pluming and electrical, finish, pluming and electrical, complete Kitchen (Cabinets, counter, top,backsplash) Flooring 1000sf ,new kitchen window and paint. All materials are included for the total $45,000.00. (Great price for all that work). We start the work on time worked every day, pass electrical and plumbing inspection. the next day we get a text in the morning to stop work. we try to call mis [Member Name Removed] to understand what happened but got no answer. we kept trying and got a text not to contact her anymore treating to contact our bond and CSLB and Angies list. I'm sorry but there are ways to handle things and this is not the way. if you have an issue lets sit and talk and come to a solution. I left you a massage that I'm going to the police out of concern to you because the same "contractor" that gives you that idea answer the phone ones and changed his voice to make me think its you (we spoke many times before so I know it was not you) so this makes me think that you are acting under duress because it is not normal to act like the way you are acting. he advise you not to talk to us and not answer the phone so we will not prove you wrong and mass up his plans. You (him) please contact the CSLB and our BOND company (as you said on the text )so they can step in and check what is really going on, I will do it my self on Monday. Again you can contact us via phone to solve this issue on the best side. Best regards.

02/13/2016

Kim K.

They were very professional and working with Roi, the project manager, made the job seem stress free. The men working on kitchen were professional and did great quality of work. Always arrived on time and stayed till job completed to satisfaction. This was my first time remodeling a kithchen and Roi was always on top of things and responding immediately to any questions or concerns I had. They are always striving to make the customer happy... I would use them in the future....

Description of Work
Built to Perfection remodeled my kitchen and painted living

Category remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/26/2015

02/01/2016

GLORIA F.

From start to finish, Built to Perfection (BTP) was a good and (we felt) honest partner to work with. From initial consultation, Roy was up front about the work and costs and also provided options. Work started on time and was completed before the expected due date, which was impressive! We had an old (unknown date) patio room attached to the rear of the house. BTP came in to demo that room in a day and begin rebuilding by the following day. Even though the footprint is the same, the space appears bigger than it was before and the quality is fantastic. We also had old A/C pipes extending from the house to the patio room. BTP removed those as well and capped them so they would not leak in the future. BTP finished the job ahead of schedule and paid attention to the finer details like, placing some trim around the inside perimeter to cover old gaps (from prior room) and installing a dimmer switch for the lights, which is awesome! Our family loves our new room! We would hire BTP again for a job in the future.

Description of Work
Company removed old patio room and replaced with a new one, finished the inside (house) walls to match the new room, removed and capped old A/C pipes on top of roof.

Category electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, sunrooms

Work Completed On 12/04/2015

12/20/2015

Michele H.

Found ?Build to Perfections? on the Angie?s list. The reviews were impressive so we hired them for our project. The date of the order was 8/31 and completed 12/14. It took a long time to finish because the appliances took time to be delivered and I was also out of town a lot this fall ? which made the scheduling difficult. The crews had to come back a few times to correct things during the process. The installation of the downdraft could not be corrected 100% unless we had to start all over and spend $$ to change the location of the original vent, which didn?t seem like a good idea. Our recommendation is to have your new appliances available for the team to measure and fit before the job gets started, and make sure that existing hookups can accommodate the new parts put in place. You really don?t want to find out that something is not lined up right. Our new countertop (Quartz) had minor scratches that they couldn?t take out completely (now it is only visible to us, not to our visitors), Roy offered us $300 discount to close the case, which we appreciated. Over all, we really like the new features in our kitchen. Roy is sweet and always wants to make sure that we are happy with the work. All of his crew are skilled in what they do and very pleasant to deal with. The cabinets they built are so well made and beautiful. Thank you for all your hard work! Will use them again.

Description of Work
Partial kitchen remodel including rebuild of island.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/14/2015

12/19/2015

Michael H.

After I purchased the deal on Angies list I called the provider an set an appointment for several weeks later. On the day of the appointment the appointment they were a no show. I called to see if they were coming and I was told they cancelled the appointment because I did not answer my cell phone when they called to confirm earlier that morning. Mistakes happen so I called and we set an appointment for two weeks later. They called, I answered and a couple of hours later a man showed up. I showed him were I wanted to build a closet addition through my bathroom wall and into the garage. Then the "bait and switch". He told me that my project wasn't actually an addition so it would be covered in the Angies list special deal. It would cost about $2000 for a drawing for my new closet. He then tried to sell me on the fact that they build very custom cabinets and he just finished a closet (showed me pictures). I told him I was not going to spend $2000 to have a drawing done of my closet. He acknowledged that it would be that hard but he had to have someone else do it. He could tell I was upset so he told me he would send me a drawing in a week. That was a month ago and I haven't heard from them. My experience says these guys are a rip off and should not be allowed to advertise on Angies list.

Description of Work
Showed up and looked at my project. Then tried to up sell me on another service. He provided me NOTHING.

Category custom cabinets, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/23/2015

Hello [Member Name Removed] I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If you can please contact me at my cell phone I would like to hear more from you. Looking forward to hear from you. Best regards

11/03/2015

Christopher F.

Asher and his crew did a wonderful job matching the look and feel of our existing structures. Their attention to detail is excellent, and they take pride in the work that they do. While the project extended longer than we had hoped, this was mostly due to circumstances beyond anyone's control. We are thrilled with the end result, and look forward to using it for many years to come!

Description of Work
Construction of an 170 sq ft. garage addition.

Category remodeling, garage builders

Work Completed On 10/08/2015

Review for Built To Perfection Inc - 22222 Sherman Way, Canoga Park, CA - 27495531

Thanks for your thoughtful review. We were glad to be of service and congratulate you on your completed project! Best of luck to you! Sincerely, The Built To Perfection Team

09/29/2015

Lori M.

Asher was always on time, available for questions and clarifications. All of his laborers were conscientious thourough and hard working. Asher was fair and was always sure to remedy any problems that arose. The work came out beautiful.

Description of Work
Replaced HVAC and hot water heater to tank less. Replaced floors throughout downstairs. Renovated kitchen. Refaced fireplace. Painted.

Category remodeling, water heater repair, fireplaces, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/25/2015

09/26/2015

Alice O.

I wanted to gut my kitchen and start over. I have an older home and was also concerned that my wiring was faulty so I asked to have the house re-wired and the kitchen remodeled. Everything was in writing and a payment schedule was agreed on. They pulled the City permits and met with the city inspector during the project.The workers were prompt, cheerful & courteous . They recommended some changes that improved the overall design and were very hard working and accommodating. When I requested a few changes that were not in the contract and pointed out a few details that needed attention, they were amazing. They were very prompt to make changes and at no additional cost. The project manager, Roi, and the team lead, Luis, were great to work with and very responsive. The overall work was done on schedule and I love the finished product. I would definitely recommend Built to Perfection and i would not hesitate to use them again. I give them an A plus rating.

Description of Work
Remodeled the kitchen and re-wired the entire house (3300 Sq Foot, 2 story). Also added LED recessed lighting in some rooms.

Category electrician, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/21/2015

09/08/2015

Terry C.

It did not go very well it was a rip off, a total rip off. I got $300 for an architectural drawing and I got 6 months to do it. It ended up in June and I tried to get a hold of them in May and they were out of business. The website wasn’t working and the number was disconnected.

Category home builders

Work Completed On 06/17/2015

That is shocking! This person never purchase anything from us! We do not have any record shows that we even talk to this person or ever contacted by him. Our website always works and the phones are fine! www.builttoperfection.com 818-340-7721. P.s we are working with Angies list to remove this "Review".

08/25/2015

Eileen W.

It went very well. They were open to discussing what I wanted and even offered alternative ideas. They didn't try to up selling me on a bunch of other projects which I appreciated. My original plan was to remove the wall separating the service porch in my 1926 bungalow from the kitchen and to relocate the water heater. But with their help we came up with an alternate and actually cheaper plan to cut an opening in the wall but not remove it and to conceal the water heater behind a custom cabinet. The workmen were always punctual and took great care to keep the rest of the house tidy. It took approximately three days to demo, patch, and paint the walls, and to patch the floors. The custom cabinets arrived the following week and took less than a day to install. The best compliment I have is that the kitchen functions better and yet looks like it was always like this. In an old house I really appreciate that.

Description of Work
Minor kitchen renovation

Category custom cabinets, drywall, plumbing, remodeling, water heater repair, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/17/2015

Review for Built To Perfection Inc - 22222 Sherman Way, Canoga Park, CA - 27495407

08/10/2015

peter D.

it all went on time and per plans, nice crew good clean up

Description of Work
remodel kitchen and dinning room

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/05/2015

08/04/2015

Alfredo S.

They did a good job, but the job was estimated to take one week and it took about three weeks. The work was okay. The quality was good. I have no complaints there. They stuck to the price. I wasn't charged any extra.

Description of Work
They replaced some cabinets and added some cabinets. We modified the kitchen a little bit.

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/13/2015

07/20/2015

Kimberly T.

The people are very professional. they come on time each morning, and cleaned up after they did the work. they are polite and respectful. Whatever problems they caused, they are willing to fix it once they are told about the problem. While they worked on the foundation, they triggered the earth quake gas valve that shuts off. I talked to the worker, and he turned it back on each time before he left, and lighted up my pilot light for the water heater so I would not be caught without hot water in the early morning. I really appreciate that.

Description of Work
They braised the house onto the foundation, made piers (30 of them) under the house to support the house, pour concrete around the foundation, and lifted the sinking corner of the house.

Work Completed On 05/27/2015

06/15/2015

Jason S.

If your going to use any Contractor for home construction or rebuilding, Built To Perfection is the place to have in your back pocket. They were very responsive and professional from start to finish. Roi the project manager met all of our demands and then some. he even provided a better financing option for us to help pay for our work done to our home. He worked well with our budget and was reasonable with the pricing. They were fast in completion of demolition of my home patio to rebuilding it brand new in about 4 total days of work. They completed my door in 2 days and made sure we were satisfied with every project before for final payment. Bottom line they made it happen and would recommend them to do more work on our home and to anyone else.

Description of Work
Built To Perfection helped with building our patio and helped with a new front door and screen.

Work Completed On 05/26/2015

04/29/2015

Amy A.

All of the staff and workers were extremely responsive, very prompt, and very professional and pleasant.They performed the work that was promised, but needed a little guidance from the customer (me) along the way to ensure the best quality results. When I wanted something that was different from what people normally want, I received some resistance (perhaps out of fear that I didn't really know what I was asking for) but in the end, they provided everything as I wanted it. I'm satisfied with the end result. Now I just need to get used to LED lighting after living with fluorescent for so many years!

Description of Work
Upgraded kitchen lighting from fluorescent to LEDs. Installed crown moulding in the niche where the fluorescent bulbs had been and painted the ceiling.

Work Completed On 04/27/2015