If you’re making the switch to solar energy, one of the biggest decisions you’ll have to make is choosing between solar panels and solar shingles. Here’s what you need to know before you decide which option is right for your home.
Get matched with top solar panel companies in Tubac, AZ
There are 6 highly-rated local solar panel companies.
Recent Solar Companies Reviews in Tubac
- Coconino ElectricThey came out, quickly assessed the problem, then repaired the electric solar system and got me back up and running again. They also installed a few ceiling fans for me too.
- Verde Solar PowerWell the owner Greg came right over about 6pm. He check the breakers, then the electrical connections with a meter. Then he took off the face of the inverter and looked inside. He took pictures and told me that he would order me a new one tomorrow morning and there would be no charge. There was some sort of issue with the manufacturer of the inverter which would take some time to resolve I guess. So Greg came back the next day with a brand new unit and stated that no need for me to have to wait. He will deal with the company himself and I was good to go! Still no cost to me. You just can't beat that kind customer service! read less
- Verde Solar PowerThese are true "local" solar experts for the Prescott and Verde Valley. It was a pleasure dealing with Greg and his staff. They designed and crafted the best installation for our home. We did look at other regional and national companies, but they could not match the expertise and service history of Verde Solar Power. I can't say enough how Greg successfully worked through all the APS paperwork and delays. Buy local and get the best equipment and service. Highly recommended for your solar installation read less
- Verde Solar PowerI have always wanted a solar system but being a renter could not get one. Verde Solar Power just introduced their new PowerCaddy 600 to 2800 watt inverter with 100 to 2000 watt array. It is customize-able with a variety of inverters, charge controllers, panels and batteries. You could even power a whole how with a larger battery bank that was left at the house while the PowerCaddy is taken out a camping trip or with the RV. I really like the options this thing has. Verde Solar Power has been doing solar for over 14 years. I trust their experience. Their principle engineer Greg is very knowledgeable and helpful. I highly recommend Greg and the staff at Verde Solar Power. If I had a home, I would use them to put a hybrid grid-tied battery backed system in or at least an on-grid tied system read less
- Pur Solar IncI did this better than 5 yrs ago...have two solar (passive) panels for hot water on the roof, that is pumped down to the container and pumped into the Hot water heater..
- Hayman Home CenterOne of the water pumps on my 17 year old solar hot water system was very hot, noisy and was running continuously. Fred Hayman arrived and checked the system components and explained their uses to me while he measured their functions. After his preliminary inspection he suspected that the heat exchanger pump was the culprit so he flushed the heat exchanger in both directions to remove debris or bubbles. This fixed the problem and now the system is purring again. Fortunately Fred had installed the system back in 1997 so he was very familiar with it. The fact that the system has worked flawlessly for 17 years speaks to the quality of its components and the workmanship of the installation read less
- Solar CityWe got a rebate, and then we paid so much money, and so it costs us $96 a month. Our last electric bills were $18. It depends on what time of the year, this last winter it was cooler than normal, so you are going to use more electricity. It is for the long haul, it is not for the short haul, because even when prices go up, our prices will remain the same read less
- Pur Solar IncWe have used Pur Solar for several upgrades on our ranch. The latest job came in under budget, was completed on time and the site was cleaned up after the work was completed. As professional as it gets.
- The Solar StoreWe had signed up for a rebate through our electric company, to have a complete solar system installed at our house. We finally received word that we were approved, so, with confirmation in hand, we began looking for a company to do the project and we decided on ?The Solar Store?. We decided on a 32 panel system mounted on a framework structure, that could also act as a covered parking area. The contract was completed on May 23rd of 2013. It was proposed to us that it would be that after The Solar Store received an initial deposit, they would file for the permits and that it would take about 6 weeks for the permits to be approved and once the permits were in hand, it would be another 4-6 weeks to complete the project. Things are never as good as they sound. The Solar Store received their initial payment in the first week of June 2013, with the understanding that the project had to be completed by September 21st, which was the due date. After well over 6 weeks we had not heard anything, so I made a call to the county. The permits are filed under the address and she was not showing any permits being filed. It is relevant to point out that under the terms of the rebate, the person(s) has a set time limit in which to complete the project, if it is not completed, then the rebate is forfeit and given to the next person(s) on the list. A one time extension of 30 days, past the due date, is allowed. Calls were made to the Solar Store to ascertain when they would get started and all we received was one excuse after another. During one phone call it was revealed that the plans had been approved but were just sitting on a desk, like they had forgotten about. I actually have lost track on the number of times I called them, furiously letting them know how inept I thought they were and for all the calls, all we received was more excuses and promises. The due date was fast approaching and they had not even made a tire track on my property, to show any progress. We filed for our one time extension, and I called and told them that it does not matter when they start, they only have until October 21st to complete the system or there would be no payment from our electric company, and we would not be making up the difference. On the 10th of October they finally started! 11 days before the deadline, not 11 working days, just 11 days. I told them that I had no confidence that they would be finished in time. The sub-contractor, who was tasked with digging the trench line and the concrete foundation, was on scene and he told me what his plan of attack was. It dawned on me that The Solar Store failed to inform him exactly where our power lines were, in relation to our house. He assumed from the front, and I pointed out to him that the power comes from the back of the house and I was about to point out to him that The Solar Store had not even bothered to contact the locate company, to locate our underground utility lines, when he made the same observation. Another delay. I want to point out that this sub-contractor (Campas Construction Co, out of Douglas Arizona) did a great job! Despite the delay, of the locates, he managed to do what he said he would, in the time he said he would do it. Unfortunately he could not finish because The Solar Store did not provide him with the mounting hardware for the structure. On the good side; The Solar Store did complete the project....sort of. They could not pour the foundation because not only did The Solar Store not have the hardware on site, that needs to be embedded in the concrete, they did not have ANY of the framework structure on site. A call to the electric company was made, by The Solar Store, and they got approval to install the panels on a temporary grid, until the hardware and frame could be installed. The system is operational, but not to the design we agreed upon. The company, that manufactures the framework/structure, attempted to deliver it to my house using Fed-Ex because that is what they were directed to do and I had to be there to sign for it so I had to arrange to take the day off at the last minute. I was expecting The Solar Store to send a crew to off load it, but I was wrong. When the truck arrived, and no Solar Store crew on hand, I asked the driver if this was normal. The driver explained that they usually delivered it to the installers, not directly to the house and when they do there is a crew with equipment to off load it. The framework was in a crate approximately 4 feet tall, 3 feet wide, 15 ft long weighing over a thousand pounds and all the driver had was a pallet jack. I refused the load as I was not about to have the driver attempt that undertaking. To his credit, he would have off loaded all those pieces by hand, had I requested it but I?m not going to make him suffer through that. I took a day off from work, for no reason. After debacle I called The Solar Store and asked to speak to the owner, she was on vacation. I then asked if we were the first customers that they had ethisver had, because the amount of ineptitude was reaching epic proportions. I also wanted to know why I was expected to take time off from work and oversee the delivery of anything when I was paying them to install it. A few days later we received a call from Fed-Ex, informing us that a second delivery was going to be attempted and that I would need to be there to sign for it. Are you kidding me? It took another round of phone calls to get it sorted out. The county came out to inspect the framework and concrete forms and once again, there was no mounting hardware, so the inspection failed. It is now into November and my system is still not completed, in fact, I came home one day and found my system had been completely disassembled! It seems that the temporary install was in the way of where the overhead structure needed to be assembled, so my solar system is going to be off line for at least another week! As a teenager I worked construction and we built entire houses, in less time than The Solar Store has taken, so far, and they are not even completed yet. I did some checking and it seems that a lot of the solar companies have exceeded their capabilities, to get systems installed apparently because the feds are going to drop the incentive so they want to get in as many projects as possible and it seems that The Solar Store is one of the worst. The project is now in it?s sixth month and it is almost done, it is operational and the structure looks great, but the final inspection revealed that no one bothered to drop in marking/warning ribbon in the electrical trench. Once that has been completed we should receive a pass on the final inspection. If we could offer any suggestions, it would be to get a completion date written into the contract, otherwise, you might suffer as we did. If they are not willing, then I would move on to someone else read less
- Northern Arizona Wind & SunI purchased the solar tracker from them 2 years in advance to my installing it. The reason that I did that is because I lived in Michigan but knew that I was going to retire in Arizona. I decided not install it before I moved because I didn't want to risk the tracker being stolen. When I went to install the tracker 2 years after I purchased I figured out that I had the wrong tracker. I still had the tracker in the original paper work with the receipt included. I tried to return the tracker and get one that would be compatible with what I have. I finally was able to get them agree after several phone calls to supply me with the brackets that I would need to make the adjustment to make sure the tracker was going to be fully optimal. However, after many phone calls I keep getting the run around and I have not been able to get them to keep to their word read less
Solar Panel Installers in Tubac
- Business Description:Our goal is to help Arizona homeowners take advantage of better ways to power their homes, save money and increase property values. As Arizona's solar power experts, we’re leading the industry with a 25 Year Production Guarantee. This means YOUR SYSTEM WILL PRODUCE AS PROMISED. We also will provide you with 25 years of system monitoring at no cost. We pride ourselves in having an option for almost any homeowner looking to go solar. Our presence across the nation allows us to have great rel.. read lessRecent Review:panels installed 1/20over next two months have been trying to get them to finish lost paperwork fail to inform TEP work completed .failed TEP inspection installition never completd . one part of compant has no idea what other part is doing. still no sola read lessAlan K.
- Business Description:Why buy power from your utility when you can make your own cleaner, cheaper, renewable electricity? Not only can you bring your bill down, but you also protect yourself from ever-rising electric rates. There has never been a better time to go solar so that you can take advantage of tax benefits, net metering incentives, and add value to your home! I've dedicated myself to helping both people and the planet through providing solar power. I've helped dozens of customers go solar. I take an .. read lessRecent Review:Gabi Shapiro is an outstanding professional for Apricotsolar . He provided superb information and excellent information about solar panel installation, options and value, plus tax and energy savings. I'd ask for his help again not question. The issue came up at almost the last minute- his company Apricotsolar, switched solar panels offered to Tesla from another company. This was Apricotsolars' decision and we will not work with Tesla, for business and principle reasons. All other things considered, this corporate decision caused us to drop Apricotsolar from our decision. Again, Gabi was outstanding, Tesla in our view is not read lessAnthony R.
- Business Description:Powur is a solar energy installation company that has installed thousands of residential solar systems across 18 US states since its founding in 2014. Powur has partnered with a number of industry leaders to provide homeowners with quality solar panels, inverters, backup batteries & solar generators, & other energy efficiency upgrades designed to reduce the monthly utility bill as well as help the environment. POWUR DIFFERENCE Your solution to low cost, clean, reliable energy your family c.. read lessRecent Review:Gary was very knowledgeable and helpful during this process. He worked very diligently to get us the best deal.Toni L.
- Business Description:It all began with the notion of giving you, the homeowner, the Power of Choice. American Solar & Roofing is an expert in residential solar systems and roofing services, providing quality workmanship and first-class customer service to homeowners across Arizona since 2001. Visit www.americansolarandroofing for your free, no obligation consultation today read lessRecent Review:It was great. They did a great job and they did few extra things that other companies didn't do this days.Brian L.
- Business Description:Rite Way Heating, Cooling & Plumbing has been helping improve customer's homes in Southern Arizona since 1959. We are of course fully bonded, licensed and insured. We are locally owned and a well know fixture in the community. We currently employee over 150 wonderful people in Tucson and you likely see our trucks all over town. We are dedicated to building science and modern technology, which is why our HVAC installations are well known as some of the best around. We pull permits on almost ev.. read lessRecent Review:July 14, 2021 I contacted Rite Way because my air conditioner condensation pump was not working properly. Jesus came out and replaced it. It was a smaller unit and not the size we needed but he said it should work until they ordered the right size. Long story short, that unit made a hellacious noise, would not shut off, ran loudly for 24 hours around the clock. It eventually stopped running altogether which in turn stopped our air conditioner in this over 100 degree Tucson temps. I called Rite Way and spoke to Shelby, a very accommodating, pleasant woman. So, Rite Way sent Markus Knauss out the next day. That turned out to be an incredibly wonderful choice! He came on time, was dressed neatly and professionally and addressed us very pleasantly. Markus assessed the situation quickly, changed out the condensation pump with the correct size and replaced some leaking copper tubing on unit and also on roof. He spent a lot of knowledgeable time on making sure our problem was fixed correctly. He knew his products well and did not try to up-sell anything we did not need. Markus, with his professional, knowledgeable, pleasant ways is certainly an asset to Rite Way. I am basking in the wonderful air conditioning read lessRichard H.
- Business Description:Free Phone Consultation. Not sure if we can help? Give us a call, it's on us! We are more than happy to talk with you and discuss your computer problems. Fast service. In some cases we can help you right now! If not, we will schedule an appointment that fits your schedule. If you receive our answering service, please leave us a message. We will call you back as soon as possible. Domestic Based Support. Our company is based right here in the United States and all of our technicians speak clear.. read lessRecent Review:It went fabulously. I will not use anyone but Alexander. PeriodDiane J.
- Business Description:#1 RATED HVAC AND PLUMBING PROVIDER IN SOUTHERN AZ. 24-HR EMERGENCY SERVICE. ALL INSTALLERS AND SERVICE TECHS AT OUR AWARD-WINNING COMPANY HAVE AT LEAST 10 YEARS EXPERIENCE! Guaranteed highest quality at an affordable price. Our team has well over 100 years of experience. We offer all major brands like Lennox, Trane, Rheem, and Amana. An A rating with the BBB read lessRecent Review:installed May 9 2020 and nothing but trouble with complying with THEIR contract. No attic support, warped outdoor compressor pad, NO COPPER TUBING PROTECTION (from the bare metal cutouts in the unit), no room balancing, noise, Noise, NOISE. I think that they believe I will just give up and not make them DO THEIR JOB but they would be wrong! This unit was not donated to us, we paid $32k CASH and that was OUR mistake but we are calling our lawyer. Eight service calls for a new install is out frigging rageous!!! read lessLori P.
- Business Description:H2o Concepts was established in 1991 and incorporated in 2000, with a vision of providing residential and business owners with the best water conditioning and treatment systems. In 1996, H2o Concepts discovered a technology that was developed a decade earlier in Germany. This new technology would be called " AMPFORCE™ Technology" by H2o Concepts. H2o Concepts combined the "AMPFORCE™ Technology" and their existing H2o Concepts "specialized water treatment media mixture" to make up the new wate.. read lessRecent Review:I would recommend not to purchase . Reasons , service is horrible, check Angis list , they give it a fail ! I have had discolored water and contacted H20 with no solution . i then took samples to a Laboratories and had samples tested.The report showed that the TDS Total dissolved Solids were 4 X higher the the EPA allows . I was told by the Laboratories it would be recommended to bypass the conditioner . I have proof of this from the Laboratories and still H20 concepts still will not agree to replace the defective unit . Attached see video of water out of my faucet ..Save money and buy from reputable buisness . i would not buy from this Compan read lessEugene L.
- Business Description:14 employee. We have financing options for Solar products. Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Description:We specialize in trouble shooting, installation and cleaning of solar panels, low voltage, breaker panels, security cameras in addition to all the small jobs that you want to have done around your house or business. Not job is too small or too big for us. Let us take a look at it with a free estimate and we will give you ideas and solutions to your projects. Our 25 years of experience allow us to have the knowledge we need to do the job you want. Our family owned operating company will make.. read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful solar panel installer articles
What are the best states for solar energy? As the popularity of solar energy rises, the cost falls, making solar power accessible to many homes throughout the United States. Discover the top five states with the best infrastructure for solar panels.
Increase leads for your HVAC business with time-tested marketing strategies that work. You’ll gain new customers and keep your past customers in the loop. By stepping up your advertising efforts, you can become the clear choice in your market.
Find solar panel companies in
- Agua Linda
- Rio Rico
- Green Valley
- Corona De Tucson
- Fort Huachuca
- Huachuca City
- Sierra Vista
- Oro Valley
- Miracle Valley
- Saint David
solar panel companies in Tubac
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 303 INC.3597 W Lenihan Ln
- 303 INC.
- Coconino Electric1000 W Rte 66
- Coconino Electric
- Direct Solar of America3101 N Central Ave Suite 760
- Direct Solar of America
- Evo2Go/ Evo2Go SolarPO Box 65399
- Evo2Go/ Evo2Go Solar
- Global Solar Energy
- Global Solar Energy
- H2O Concepts International Inc22405 N 19th Ave
- H2O Concepts International Inc
- Levelup Enterprises, Inc.18862 N. 62nd. Drive
- Levelup Enterprises, Inc.
- Nova Home Services
- Nova Home Services
- Old Bisbee Enterprises General ContractorsPO Box 469
- Old Bisbee Enterprises General Contractors
- Petersen Dean Roofing & Solar Systems2224 W Shangri la Rd
- Petersen Dean Roofing & Solar Systems
- Rite Way Heating Cooling & Plumbing4551 S Alvernon Way
- Rite Way Heating Cooling & Plumbing
- VES Engineering & SurveyingP.O. Box 4785
Rio Rico, Arizona
- VES Engineering & Surveying