Basements are valuable additions, but they're prone to moisture. Here are six types of basement waterproofing products to protect your space from moisture damage.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Mobile, AL
There are 5 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Mobile
- AFS Foundation & Waterproofing SpecialistsWe moved into our newly built house in May 2012 and had problems with water since day one. After trying all sorts of solutions (mainly using hydraulic cement and painting with Xypex), we needed to get a better and final solution. We called three different service providers. One never called back. The second one asked for follow-up information twice and then never answered any phone calls again. AFS was the only provider that followed through. Their office is in Birmingham so neither the salesperson nor the men performing the service were local. However, we were told that they are in the area at least once a week. The salesman provided a quote and a drawing and explanation of what would be done. He called a couple of times as we were making up our minds and offered to answer any questions or concerns we had. The work was done over two days. The men cleaned up as well as possible after the work was done. The water leakage was stopped as of that last day. One and a half months later, there is still no sign of water in the basement. Our only complaint is that we had a concern later that week and twice called the Birmingham office. It was Friday afternoon and no one was available. We were promised a call back and that never happened. Our concern went away so we didn't try again, however, they made no contact with us in response to our calls. There is a lifetime warranty on the work so we have some confidence in the work because of that, but we weren't very happy that they never called back
- AFS Foundation & Waterproofing SpecialistsVery professional great advice that to his benefit even after seeing the job did not fall into what they do he provided excellent advise
- HAMMOND CONSTRUCTION LLCGuest cottage, they were nice to work with, very professional. I had them start on the guest cottage while we were waiting for the crawl space to dry out on the house. I didn't think to get an estimate before they started on the siding on the guest house. They did a great job, but I was surprised at how much it cost. I had to stop work so we could get a handle on how much the whole project would cost. House, we had a big problem with moisture and mold in the crawlspace deteriorating the OSB sub-floor. Our house is bayfront with high atmospheric humidity, a high water table in the soil, and the crawl space flooded during Katrina. They figured out how to fix the sub-floor without taking up the floor, which was a wonderful thing. It saved us a lot of expense and work. We would have had to take up the floor, which is tongue and groove heart pine. We would have had to move out, which would be a huge expensive hassle. We would have had to take up the baseboards and try to label them to get them all back in the same place. We no doubt would have had to replace some of the flooring, which would have been damaged taking it out. We would have had to refinish the floors when all was put back together and paint the baseboards and shoe mold. They went from underneath and found all the weakened sections, removing them and replacing with plywood. We didn't even have to move the furniture or rugs! They put in new fans with humidistats to help control the humidity in our crawl space. Also new plastic over the dirt. After they were finished, we had the sub-floors sprayed with polyurethane foam, which provides a vapor barrier to the sub-floors, gives us insulation under the floor and provides more rigidity to the floors
Last update on April 13, 2015
Basement Waterproofers in Mobile
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
The basement is a common breeding ground for moisture, as water can easily seep into the concrete foundation. Learn about how to act preventatively and reduce moisture problems in the basement.
If you’re struggling to keep moisture out of your basement, you’re not alone; lots of homeowners have the same issue. Here are the top tips for keeping your basement dry.
Find waterproofing contractors in
- Spanish Fort,
- Grand Bay,
- Bayou La Batre,
- Point Clear,
- Mount Vernon,
- Bay Minette
waterproofing contractors in Mobile
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Fantasy Flooring and Tile Design LLC11035 Diana Estates Dr., South
Wilmer, Alabama 36587
- Fantasy Flooring and Tile Design LLC
- MDH Construction Services, Inc.108 5TH ST
Daphne, Alabama 36526
- MDH Construction Services, Inc.
- PAIR CONSTRUCTION CO INC dba Pair Foundation Solut8700 WARM SPRINGS RD
Midland, Georgia 31820
- PARROT STRUCTURAL SERVICES LLCPO BOX 1050
Calera, Alabama 35040
- PAIR CONSTRUCTION CO INC dba Pair Foundation Solut
- Southern Pest Control Inc3211 Old Mobile Ave
Pascagoula, Mississippi 39581
- Southern Pest Control Inc