If the refrigerator in your new home doesn’t fit, or you have a strong attachment to your current one, you’ll need a strategy for shipping it safely. Here’s how to properly ship a refrigerator and tips for avoiding hits and dings along the way.
Get matched with top moving companies in Empire, AL
There are 19 highly-rated local moving companies.
Recent Movers Reviews in Empire
- Movers PlusGreat. The movers were very professional and quick. They worked hard and moved everything faster than expected. I would absolutely hire again.
- Modern Piano MovingModern Piano is a throwback to the days when companies were run by people who cared about their customers’ service and their own reputation. Every single aspect of this move went perfectly and courteously. The quote was reasonable, the dispatcher kept us advised as promised, and it was disassembled and reassembled (a baby grand) professionally by men who really knew their business. I agree with other reviewers below - it would be a mistake to entrust a valuable piano to anybody but these folks
- Changing Spaces Moving IncIt went amazing! Chad and his crew arrived on time and immediately got to work! All the guys on the job were extremely professional and polite. I worked there in the past and they have a standard there for work ethic and professionalism which made it a no brainer on using changing spaces. 100% would recommend them to everyone and if I need services again I will be giving them a call
- Crocker Moving ServicesThe guys were great and on time! Dee & Lance were hard workers and very professional. I would definitely use their services again!
- Crocker Moving ServicesCrocker was on time and made quick work of moving some old office furniture out and helped bring in the new. Great work and would call them again for any type of move.
- Crocker Moving ServicesThey made the move as easy as a move can be. Showed up on time. Did not goof off. Took care with our belongings. I would not hesitate to use again or refer to others.
- Crocker Moving ServicesCrocker Moving provides an excellent service. They helped move my office & I was quite impressed by their work ethic. They were punctual, worked quickly & cautiously. They took great care of all items while also keeping in mind that their time was my money. I appreciated the hustle that they displayed & how well they communicated so that they could get the job done as efficiently as possible. 10/10 would recommend
- Movers PlusBest moving experience ever. On time, modern truck and moving equipment, as well as a polite, careful, efficient crew, all at a reasonable price.
- Motivated Movers of BirminghamAwesome experience! The movers were on time and moved all of our furniture. IN THE RAIN! I thought they were going to cancel because of the weather, but they did not. They lifted a lot of heavy furniture and placed it exactly where I wanted it without leaving a scratch on any of my walls! They were personable, professional, thorough AND the price was right. I highly recommend this company
- Movers PlusIt was awesome the guy's where very respectful and just a pleasure to work with and very informative on what & how bestway it would be for them to start loading the truck and etc. They will be doing my next move for sure.
Movers in Empire
- Business Description:Changing Spaces Moving, Inc. is a residential and commercial, local and L-O-N-G distance moving company serving Birmingham, Huntsville, Orange Beach and Gulf Shores Alabama. We are a family owned and operated mover, not a franchise, that provides local and long distance moving with personal attention to detail. Our people are prompt dedicated professionals who are ready and willing to assist you in every phase of your moving process. Let us help you reduce the stress related to moving your be..Recent Review:It went amazing! Chad and his crew arrived on time and immediately got to work! All the guys on the job were extremely professional and polite. I worked there in the past and they have a standard there for work ethic and professionalism which made it a no brainer on using changing spaces. 100% would recommend them to everyone and if I need services again I will be giving them a callJordan P.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:Shady company, look elsewhere. I went with them based on price and that they were “highly rated”. According to the estimator, I needed 1 truck. When moving day came, they couldn’t fit everything in 1 truck. In fact, it wasn’t just a little bit leftover, but quite a bit. They had someone come out the next day to pick it all up and would later pack it on 2 pallets at their warehouse that I had to pay to ship across country. I didn’t have any other options since we had to be out of the house and were moving long distance. The items on the truck made it on time and safely. It was the pallets that never arrived. When I finally called to check the status (2 weeks after they were picked up), I found out they were just sitting in the warehouse and weren’t shipped yet. They hadn’t even gotten an estimate of the cost. Then they gave the wrong phone number to the 3rd party company that was transporting it so they couldn’t arrange delivery because they couldn’t get in touch with me. Finally the day came to have it delivered (6 weeks after pickup) and the 3rd party transport company asked if I had packaged the pallets up myself. I said no, the professional movers did that we paid. He said it was one of the worst jobs he’s ever seen and kept telling me it’s just items and they can be replaced. He also made a point to give me detailed instructions on how to file a claim for broken items because he knew things would be broken. The 3rd party transport company pays for 100% replacement value but normally works with the shipper, not receiver. I filed a claim with the transport company anyways and reached out to All Service Moving on it. All Service Moving said they would pay me the full amount right away if I signed the incident waiver signing away my rights. This included not holding All Service Moving responsible for anything related to the damage as well as not be able to post any negative review, rating, post about them. I’m sorry, what?!?! Due to their negligence and incompetent job, items were damaged and I can’t share that to prevent others from experiencing the same? Obviously, I refused to sign. I kept my claim with the transport company. Although our claim settlement was only 1/3 of what I was asking for, I’d rather receive the lower amount and still be able to write this review so others are warned. Let this be your warning to run away, far away from this companyLisa O.
- Business Description:Movers Direct, llc is a full service moving company. We offer packing service, packing materials, piano movers, local and long distance moves. We specialize in residential and commercial. Movers Direct was voted Best of the Best moving company for 4 consecutive years in Chattanooga, TN. Call today and get your move on the booksRecent Review:EXCELLENT! The process from start to finish was spectacular and highly professional. They packed up our entire home (approx 1500 sq ft) and drove it 2200 miles to our new home, unloaded and helped to set up furniture (bedroom sets etc). Chad and Garrett were very attentive to detail, extremely careful with the packing and unloading, and absolutely trustworthy. USE THEMPATTI A. S.
- Business Description:Moving APT provides long-distance moves, packing and storage. Call Moving APT for the best cross-country moving, at affordable prices.Recent Review:I'm going to start out by saying I'm no stranger to cross country moves (I've moved to Hawaii from Kentucky, Ohio from Hawaii, and Ohio to Florida). I've done it three times and this will be my fourth permanent move. If I could give negative stars I would. The whole point of my post is so someone doesn't have the same thing happen to them as it did me. First I had called several companies for quotes and they gave me the one. Around 1K less than any other company. So I booked with them. It was explained to me my belongings would arrive 14-21 days however, most customers received their home goods closer to 14. We specifically chose a week and half earlier pack date so when I arrived in Vegas my belongings should be shortly behind me. I was fully aware it could take the 21 days total. Move day comes. The movers arrive 4 hours early which was great. They were professional. They did say the gentleman on the phone underestimated my cubic feet however. The price went up by a little over 1K. I was slightly confused to how this could be considering my belongings were in storage units with exact dimensions. However, I went forward as once they are there to pack and I had flown in (I'm a health care first responder working with Covid) I was almost at their mercy as I was on an extremely tight schedule. When the price did go up the moving company told me they had to get preapproval for the new price and would call them. I was assuming "them" was APT. The packing went without a hitch and during that time I was given many papers to fill out. One of which had first delivery date. It was NEVER explained to me by marking a date (because I was told to fill everything out in it's entirety) it would DELAY my move until THAT date. I unknowingly put down the first day that would be best for me which was the day after my arrival to Vegas. I should clarify Moving APT only contracts out moving companies they themselves do not move your belongings. They are what was referenced as a shadow company. So let's fast forward to 11am the original move time. T. Shields called from Moving APT. She was quite surprised the company was already there. She also didn't know they had increased the price. Now my belongings were already on the truck and there was two trips left to have everything moved. The manager on site spoke with her and to my understanding everything was resolved. It was not. T. Shields calls back to inform me her price was also going up as the company gets money as well even though this WAS NOT told to me when I signed the new paperwork. My new cost was 2K total in price. Making a 4K move now a 6K move. She told me I could speak with whom I wanted but she would be calling back to get the rest of the money. Also might I add when she called back she did reduce what the movers had quoted because they over priced their packing materials used. I explained to her in no way was I ever told about this. And I had assumed the phone call earlier was to them. The movers had left at this point and she was surprised they were gone. She told me I should have called to which that was never explained to me and when the manager on-site had called "them" it was not Moving APT but their company. Remember they contract out. So now Ive called for an update to see if my home goods have left the warehouse. I have zero response for over 48 hours despite being told each day I called that I'd have an update by end of the working day. So today I get an update and since I put down October 5 as my first available date my move starts TODAY. So now I'm at the 14-21 day window. I told them again NO ONE explained this to me. To which their reply was well it kinda is what it is. For those of you who don't want to read: 1. Don't pick them. They are poor with communication and my move went up by 2K on pack day. 2. My move dates was completely misquoted and they do not explain anything to you. 3. They contract other moving companies. Find them and book directly with them. It will save you a lot of headacheSarah S.
- Business Description:Elizabeth's Moving Company is a local full-service moving and storage company in Chattanooga Tennessee. We provide white glove moving, packing services, storage services, and piano moving.Recent Review:While it may excite our spirit to move to a new home and start a new adventure; the experience of actually moving all our stuff is never something we look forward to. There is stress produced in ways never thought possible. The only way to offset this is to hire a company who specializes in stress reduction. Elizabeth’s Moving is one of those companies. There is a reason they have so many positive reviews. Here is another one. From the moment they returned my initial inquiry, it was clear they take customer service seriously; and it’s not just for show, they want the customer comfortable and satisfied with the work they do. The gentleman who initially provided us information, then came to our house and did the walk through, was professional, polite, and made certain to address all my questions and concerns. I wish I could remember his name. He provided an estimate within 24hrs and had boxes delivered the same day once we gave him the go ahead. The scheduler contacted me, with no issues getting our move on the books. Then we spent a few weeks packing. Ugh. I received a courtesy call the day prior to moving day, to ensure we all had the same start time scheduled, and on the day of the move they showed up within minutes of our agreed to time. Four very professional, very polite, and very cheerful young men showed up with two trucks and commenced loading. They methodically and carefully wrapped our furniture, loaded our boxes, and worked as a team to get things taken care of. I want to mention them by name because each one was phenomenal to deal with; Colby, Zeke, Zack, and Colton. Their relaxed demeanor, sense of humor, and polite disposition made what could be a very stressful experience an enjoyable one. We made a local move, so two days later they showed up again with all our stuff and we had exactly the same experience with unloading. Zeke was on another job and I can’t remember the young man who joined us instead, but he needs a pat on the back too. They never complained, never acted tired, or gave me any impression of anything other than professional attitudes in all our interactions. After unloading both trucks, Colby walked through the house with me to make certain everything was where we wanted it and double checked to ensure everything arrived safe and sound, which it did. If you desire a moving experience that bypasses the stress, use Elizabeth’s and ask for Colby, Zeke, Zack, and Colton; they won’t disappoint. Highly recommendBrad C.
- Business Description:Buddy Lee's Shipping and Transport, LLC is a small bonded and insured business that provides moving/relocating service and express delivery service. We are based out of Tuscaloosa, Alabama. We currently have 5 part-time contract employees that are willing to provide you with excellent customer service. We accept cash, checks, cash app, and money orders. PayPal Credit and debit are paid using our PayPal account on the business website. Our goal is to be the most affordable moving/relocating se..
- Business Description:At Don Kennedy and Sons our mission is to provide safe, effective, and professional residential and commercial property moving solutions, together with the services that are needed to keep the base of the building safe, dry, and secure. Whether this means installing special systems to keep moisture out, or adding pier supports to ensure structural integrity of a building or home - we can help. Our services include: -house moving -foundation settlement repair -waterproofing systems -crawl ..
- Business Description:Cost is deteremined by the job. Additional email: email@example.com. Agent for united van lines.
- Business Description:If you cant move it our guys can do it at guys move it. We pack load and unlaod your furniture or whatever you need moved.Also provide junk removal and house cleaning services.
- Business Description:United Freight of America is your all inclusive transport solution. CONTACT US FOR A QUOTE. please include pick up and Drop off locations and vehicle informationRecent Review:Extremely smooth process! Very happy with their service, would def recommend.Adam W.
Deals in Empire for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
Regularly cleaning your dryer vent can prevent dust, lint, and other debris from building up. That buildup can be dangerous, but so can cleaning the dryer vent yourself. Here’s why it’s best to let a professional do the job.
You’ve amassed quite the collection of valuables, and you’d like to keep it that way. Boxing up delicate items requires a steady hand and a full-proof plan. Use these tips to learn how to pack fragile items for your next move.
Find moving companies in
- Mount Olive
- Garden City
- Sylvan Springs
moving companies in Empire
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Faithful Move A Move of Faith1105 Suncrest Lane
- A Wise Move4500 5th Ave S Bldg D
- ABF U-PACK MOVING2400 REPUBLIC DRIVE
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- All My Sons Moving and Storage131 West Oxmoor Road. Suite 131
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Allegheny Valley Transfer Co Inc1512 Lebanon Church Rd
- AMBASSADORS MOVING & SHIPPING12325 Acadamy Rd.
- ANew Kinda CleanPO Box 645
- AROUND TOWN MOVING L.L.C.439 Foothills Parkway
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- A Faithful Move A Move of Faith
- Back Lion Music Equipment Rental5379 Harvest Ridge Lane
- Bates Moving & Storage815 Benny St
- BIRMINGHAM DOOR TO DOOR Shuttle1009 Gadsden Hwy
- Buddy Lee's Shipping & TransportPO Box 793
- Bussie Customs 39395 Co RD 443
- Back Lion Music Equipment Rental
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC175 Walnut Ave
Bronx, New York
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC
- Jack of Trades2228 Pup Run
- Jack of Trades
- KEVCOR MOVING & PACKING CO1970 Chandalar Office Park
- KEVCOR MOVING & PACKING CO
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- Matthew Horwich LLC14 Bristol Lane
Rocky River, Ohio
- McCorquodale Transfer Inc381 Summit Blvd
- Metro Movers, LLC2569 Mountain Lodge Circle D
- Mobile Attic - Birmingham3751 Industrial Pkwy
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- Motivated Movers of Birmingham1969 A Chandalar Dr
- Move Doctors2837 C Georgetown Drive
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- Mansion Movers
- NATIONAL EXPRESS AUTO TRANSPORT, INC. 7950 NW 53RD ST
- New Latitude3535 Grandview Pkwy
- New Latitude Moving Company, LLC100 West Oxmoor Road
- New Planet Moving & Storage4420 Andrews St Ste D
North Las Vegas, Nevada
- Next Step Moving2170 Highland Ave S
- NATIONAL EXPRESS AUTO TRANSPORT, INC.
- One Man and a Pickup1006 54th St E
- One Man and a Pickup
- Quick Transfer USA860 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, New York
- Quick Transfer USA
- Reliable Moving Company Inc1320 50th St N
- Reliable Moving Company Inc
- United States Logistics300 N LaSalle Dr Ste 4925
- United States Logistics
- Zippy Shell Birmingham1507 Wellington Road
- Zippy Shell Birmingham