When you need help with a metal project and don’t have the expertise or the time, call an expert welder for your project. Here’s how to vet and hire a welder.
Get matched with top welders in St Paul, MN
There are 8 highly-rated local welders.
Matching on Angi
Share some details about your home project.
Within moments, match with highly-rated local pros.
Compare quotes and choose the best pro for the job.
Recent Welding Reviews in St Paul
- Fat Catz Fabrication & RepairGreat experience - David was very responsive, and easy to reach through a variety of ways (phone, email, or text). Explained the process well and gave several options to address our issue. Work was done efficiently, and we are very pleased with the outcome!
- Fat Catz Fabrication & RepairThe four vertical posts in two custom exterior wrought iron stair railings needed to be replaced and the entire railings needed to be sand blasted and repainted. Dave is a person that does his work above expectations. The railings were carefully removed from our custom concrete stair curbs in way to minimize damage to the concrete. They were sand blasted and painted by Adrenaline Customs in White Bear Lake. Adrenaline mainly powder coats custom auto parts. So the appearance of railings after they were painted was far beyond what is obtained with the standard paint can spray. To eliminate staining from cement spatter used to reinstall the railings, the area around each post was carefully covered with cardboard cutouts and masking tape. Nice job, Dave
- Fat Catz Fabrication & RepairI dropped the item off and it was repaired and even fortified and back to me the next day. I would recommend Fat Catz for ALL welding needs. He is a solid professional and a great welder.
- Fat Catz Fabrication & RepairDave is a total pleasure to work with and his professionalism is off the charts. He was on top of the project from day one. Dave provided a free drawing and estimate of the railing within days of contacting him. He took care of the entire job and communicated with me the whole time about what he was doing and how it was going. He even made sure that the powder coating was done perfectly by Adrenaline Customs in White Bear Lake (which I also fully recommend)! Dave came to install the railing when I wasn’t home and did an amazing job. I never had to even lift a finger and I got a perfect new hand rail for a great price. I’d use Dave and Fat Catz again in a heartbeat and will be telling anyone who is interested that there should be no other choice
- NC Shegstad & Sons Ornamental IronworksHad a vertical metal mirror that I ordered from Amazon that I wanted to mount horizontal. Sent out some requests for a welders through Angie's list and by the next morning Dave reached out. That night I had the mirror in his shop and the mounts perfectly re-positioned. Quality of service was great and price was very reasonable. I was anxious to get my new mirror up so I appreciate the prompt followup and immediate service. Recommended
- Custom Railings PlusThe whole process went fantastic. The railing looks amazing and I will definitely be calling Tim for any future work I need done. He is a pleasure to work with.
- Custom Railings PlusWe had Tim make our railing for our staircase at our cabin. My husband wanted the wood and metal look. Everything went great. So we hired him again for our deck railing. We love both!
- NC Shegstad & Sons Ornamental IronworksDave never oversold or interferred with my initial idea. When we ran onto a unusual design issue he asked me to come to his shop and showed me options to resolve what could have been a problem. His patience and understanding was remarkable. He was always concerned that from initial design to final installation it looked exactly as I had imagined. I would recommend him to the most fastidious customer. He won't disappoint
- THE WONDERFUL MUFFLER MANI was told by my Toyota dealer and my local mechanic that to repair the exhaust pipe I would need to replace my entire exhaust system for a cost of $1,000 to $1,500. I got a third opinion from this company and was thrilled to hear the damage could be repaired by welding the two pieces back together. I made an appointment to return and 30 minutes and $132 later, my car was fine. How wonderful that I didn't have to spend the extra money or fill the land fill with car parts that were still fine. I would certainly recommend this company to anyone
- ANDERSON WELDING & BOAT DOCKSThey did an excellent job. There were several peices of equipment and he was able to remember everything I requested and did exactly what I asked him. He completed the work in a very timely fashion. I would use him again and will recommend him to others.
Last update on April 21, 2021
Welders in St Paul
Cost is determined by the job. Ask for details on travel charges & service fees. Additional DBAs - Owens Services Corporation, Owens Technology Companies Inc. Additional contact names - Corinne Condon, John J Owens, Mandy Beech.
"Had a challenging install with a 60 year old boiler but with some ingenuity and extra parts got it all set up. Pleased with the work."
Honey-Doers has been serving the residential and commercial need of the Twin Cities Metro Area for nearly 20 years. Through exceptional service and quality craftsmanship,we continue to build upon our reputation and growing number of satisfied customers. No matter the job we aim to provide each one of our clients with a superior level of attentiveness, integrity and courtesy
"Kitchen looks great and I love it. Timing was as promised."
Welcome to Krech Iron Works. Krech Iron Works is an ornamental iron works business that has been serving the Twin Cities and Western Wisconsin for over 50 years. Are you looking for something to accentuate the stairs in your home? Would you like decorative features on your fence? If this is the case, then you need to call Krech Iron Works and let us create a beautiful metal piece that will improve the aesthetics of your home. Some of our services related to ornamental iron include: • Railin..
"great, they were responsive and got the work done quickly and reasonably."
custom exhaust, side pipes, cool air intakes, one piece charge pipes, turbo and super charger installs.
"They changed their name to St. Cloud's exhaust. He was extremely helpful, gave it a good going over and has always done great work for us. He always gives us a nice deal. He uses very good quality parts. "
N.C. Shegstad & Sons Ornamental Ironworks is a family owned local business that has been handed down 3 generations, and has serviced the Twin Cities for over 60 years. We are equipped with the technologies and skills in all areas of fabrication and repair. Our products are built to measure, personal preference, and style. If there is something specific you are looking for, please let us know and we will accommodate you
"Dave and I played a bit of phone tag to get to the time when we could meet and quote. There were many designs I liked from his collection but I finally narrowed it down to one. He broke out the bit of fancy-ness so I could compare with a more bare bones look. I chose the fancier one. I had a written quote from another firm who didn't meet with me personally but the reviews of Shegstad sold me on this firm. He had them installed within a week and they are beautiful.
We provide well and pump repair for residential, commercial, farm and industrial pumps and wells, including 24-hour emergency well and pump service. Our company is fully insured and bonded.
"We were impressed from start to finish. I contacted him by email because our well water had a foul smell and his repsonse was immediate. He explained throughly what needed to be done and came out within days to do what was necessary to remmedy the problem. We had a issue once we turned the water back on and called him and he walked us through everthing we needed to do to correct the problem. Was very professional, accomadating and we highly recommend him! <br /> <br />
Fat Catz Fabrication & Repair provides high quality service at a reasonable price. With over 25 years of welding experience, owner David Lindsey understands metals and proper technique. He works with ornamental iron, steel, aluminum and stainless steel. Fat Catz is mobile and capable of completing repair work at your location. In addition to repair, David designs and builds railings, trailers, garden sculpture, window boxes and more; working with you to incorporate your ideas and vision for t..
"The four vertical posts in two custom exterior wrought iron stair railings needed to be replaced and the entire railings needed to be sand blasted and repainted. Dave is a person that does his work above expectations. The railings were carefully removed from our custom concrete stair curbs in way to minimize damage to the concrete. They were sand blasted and painted by Adrenaline Customs in White Bear Lake. Adrenaline mainly powder coats custom auto parts. So the appearance of railings after they were painted was far beyond what is obtained with the standard paint can spray. To eliminate staining from cement spatter used to reinstall the railings, the area around each post was carefully covered with cardboard cutouts and masking tape. Nice job, Dave.
Since 1970, the professionals at Loftus Ornamental Iron have provided clients in the Plymouth, Minnesota area by providing custom-made ornamental iron that will add a unique aspect to any property. As a family owned and operated business, we pride ourselves on providing a superior level of service to all of our customers. Whether you are looking to add a piece of ornamental iron to the interior or exterior of your home, our team of dedicated professionals will work with you to create a custo..
"Very professional. They gave a budgetary quote based on my measurements and then came out for a final measurement. Issue with my step configuration meant a change in the order which was handled nicely. They installed for me while I was out of town and sent me an invoice for the agreed-upon price. EXCELLENT quality and really easy to deal with. <br />
What began as a fence building company, Huff Building Co has grown to fulfill building needs from city to city all over the United States. With over 75 years of combined building experience, our general contractors will meet you and quote with no cost at all! Please see our services below: *Custom Homes *Multifamily Builds *Bath Remodel *Bed Remodel *Kitchen Remodel *Living spaces *Additions *Deck/Fence. * Flooring We has sourced and compared all vendors for all building materials to guarante..
"Went really well. Julian Huff and crew worked hard and diligently to get our fence completed on time."
Ornamental Iron & Aluminum fabrication, powder coating, & installation. 3rd generation, established 1952, both residential & commercial applications. Small, family owned company. Sub-contracting services provided to many long established metro area cement contractors & home builders. Areas not serviced: Benton, Good Hue, Le Sueur, Mcleod, Rice, Sibley, Stearns & Meaker Countie
"We live in a walk up rambler, and the railing up the steps was so wobbly we weren't sure it would last through another winter. The great thing about Angie's List is we could look for a good provider of outside railings. Accent Ornamental did a fantastic job matching the railing design to what we originally had. I cannot comment on the appropriateness of the price as we got one bid only.
See all 8 highly rated companies in Saint PaulJoin Angi now
Find welders in
- West Saint Paul,
- Sunfish Lake,
- South Saint Paul,
- Mendota Heights,
- Inver Grove Heights,
- Little Canada,
- North Saint Paul,
- Saint Paul Park,
- Falcon Heights,
- Lake Elmo,
- Cottage Grove,
- Saint Anthony,
- Vadnais Heights,
- North Oaks,
welders in St Paul
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- ANDERSON WELDING & BOAT DOCKS492 PRIOR AVE N
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55104
- Fat Catz Fabrication & Repair1601 Scheffer Ave.
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55116
- Henry Thomas Ltd1412 Albert St N
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55108
- THE GREEN GUARDIAN/GREENER PASTURES LAWN CARE889 PIERCE BUTLER ROUTE
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55104
- ANDERSON WELDING & BOAT DOCKS
- Accent Ornamental Iron & Powder Coating354 S Adams St
Cambridge, Minnesota 55008
- Accent Ornamental Iron & Powder Coating
- Bastian Well Service Inc.1200 Andover Blvd NW
Andover, Minnesota 55304
- Bastian Well Service Inc.
- Iron Maiden Metal Fabricating, LLC3442 North 2nd Street
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55412
- Iron Maiden Metal Fabricating, LLC
- Krech Iron Works6163 Cahill Ave E
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota 55076
- Krech Iron Works
- Loftus Ornamental Iron Inc9837 13th Ave N
Plymouth, Minnesota 55441
- Loftus Ornamental Iron Inc