When you reduce power usage in your home, you can save money and the planet. Follow these simple tips—from turning off lights to preventing vampire power—to lower your energy demand, decrease utility bills, and shrink your carbon footprint.
Get matched with top energy consultants in Saint Paul, MN
There are 20 highly-rated local energy consultants.
Recent Home Energy Audit Reviews in Saint Paul
- Green Home DoctorsMatt and his team had a tough job with my house! It required coordinating with my roofer of choice for a week in November we were so lucky to get...70s all week! Matt's team arrived each day for work early and stayed late. It started with them tearing off a significant portion of our roof and sheathing to expose the attic open space as well as the narrow spaces in the rafters above the knee walls of our cape cod. They thoroughly vacuumed out the old insulation and just as I requested filled the vacated space with foam and cellulose. I'm already seeing a significant reduction in heating needs on like-for-like weather. His price was just as he quoted and I'm anxious to get him back out for phase 2 below the knee walls
- Charlie Mike HvacGreat. Mark was able to find the underlying issue and offered several options to fix it to match my budget.
- Aquarius Home ServicesVery well...service person very helpful and professional. Explained things well and was safety conscience.
- Aquarius Home ServicesResponded quickly to come out and diagnose our furnace that had just died. After speaking with the dispatcher a technician arrived at our house within 30 minutes. Being that it was going to be about 17 degrees that night the technician left us with two space heaters to hold us over until we could get the furnace replaced. Two days later a crew came out to install the new furnace. These guys were excellent, one of the best crews that I have ever worked with leaving me with a great deal of confidence that the job was done right. From the initial call, the receptionist, the dispatcher, the technician, and the installation crew left me extremely pleased that I made the call to Aquarius and plan to use them in the future
- Home Seal InsulationAny time you seek out work to be done on your own home, you hope to find the best company. I ended up getting bids from a few companies to insulate my 1&1/2 story attic space. Chad was the first to get back to me with a thorough coverage bid, so fast I had to wait days for others. As soon as I met him I knew he was credible and trustworthy so we booked it. Fast forward to install day, Chad as his team showed up right on time, reiterated the work that was going to be done and got to it. I had a last minute additional request around some new electrical that has been done days prior and without skipping a beat came up with a solution that exceeded my expectations. Beyond doing great work, what stood out to me is how much they enjoy what they do. Great companies employ great people. We sought out to accomplish some work on our home, but Home Seal gave us much more. Referring them to all of our friends and family. Last few noteworthy details: Less than 24 hours after the install, we had to turn down our thermostat because it retains heat so much better than before. Home Seal owns their own equipment, others we bid with had to rent it to perform the work which increased their price. Not a drop of mess was left, inside or out
- HomeSmart from Xcel Energy MinnesotaThe process went well and we appreciated how the auditors replaced all of our bulbs (40+) with energy efficient LEDs. They were helpful in providing actionable items that we can do to improve energy efficiency.
- HomeSmart from Xcel Energy MinnesotaXcel offers this service to their customers but they subcontract the work. My auditor was very professional, but answered any questions I had. The big surprise for me was that I assumed my windows were shot and I was losing lots of energy through them but according to Dirk, the auditor, my windows are OK (not great, but not bad) it's my doors that are really costing me! He printed out a dozen or so pages of evaluations and recommendations for me to keep. Well worth the time and money
- HomeSmart from Xcel Energy MinnesotaIt took several weeks to get it scheduled but other than that, we thought that having a blower test as part of the energy audit was extremely worthwhile. My husband was home when the test was done and he said that it was very easy to see where a lot of our heat was leaking out of the house through a poorly insulated attic and some crawl spaces. We had an energy audit some years back without a blower test and we did not really get good information. I would highly recommend spending the extra money for the blower test. We got a written write-up on the audit results about two weeks after our energy audit. It was a great way to help us figure out where we would get the best return for the money spent to increase our energy efficiency
- HomeSmart from Xcel Energy MinnesotaI learned a lot from this. Isaac said I should have my attic air sealed before I do anything else. He took lots of pictures. I think there is a written report coming some day. Someone else said theirs took two weeks. I am sure it will be informative and will give me exactly the information I need to move forward, but I wish I had it already. It has been 12 days. I am considering hiring Sustain Max to do some of the remediation once I get a report and a couple of estimates
- HomeSmart from Xcel Energy MinnesotaVery well! It took about 10 days to get an appointment, but it was worth the wait. The auditor was an independent who contracts with Xcel to do this work. He was very professional and seemed very experienced and knowldegable about energy use in the home. He had brought with him a historical listing of my Xcel energy bills (gas and electric) over the last year and then also asked me questions to give him background info about the house. He provided me with an informative analysis of all this info.Then he did the blower test followed by the infrared scans. The infrared scans were by far the most informative part of the audit. He left me a CD of over a dozen photos of the air-leak spots of my home. I feel I can now hire an insulation contractor knowing what areas need to be addressed (and not be taken advantage of by an unscrupulous insulating company) and the photos will also help the contractor see what needs to be done. The auditor also left me a written report of his findings and recommendations and answered my many questions. Overall, I was VERY pleased and felt it was well worth the $100, especially considering I may spend a couple thousand dollars paying an insulating company to do work. This report will give me confidence in hiring a insulating contracor
Energy Audit Companies in Saint Paul
- Business Description:My company is built on honesty and integrity. I am dedicated to providing our clients with the very best in installation, service, and repair for your heating and cooling needs.Recent Review:Great experience. Will definitely use again if a problem arrises. Professional and responded almost immediately. Highly recommend!Caitlin M.
- Business Description:Snap Construction is a locally owned and operated company offering full roof, siding, and window replacement. Financing available. 612-333-7627 www.snapconstuction.comRecent Review:Snap construction did awesome work on our home. We needed a variety of exterior repairs after storm damage. Dan was an effective communicator with us and our insurance company, and his crew completed the project in a timely mannerKurt & Ann F.
- Business Description:For more than 80 years, CenterPoint Energy Home Service Plus (HSP) has been providing Minnesotans with the peace of mind knowing their home appliance and repair and maintenance needs are in trusted hands. Generations of Minnesota homeowners have also turned to CenterPoint Energy's Home Service Plus to purchase replacement heating and cooling equipment, and have trusted us to deliver fast water heater replacement. We feature top quality brands with the strongest warranties available, and offer..Recent Review:Centerpoint Energy's Home Service Plus service used to be decent, but not anymore. Five times over the past two years HSP has been needed weeks to get out to repair AC or furnace issues. They have multiple times rescheduled or simply cancelled appointments at the last minute without any reasonable explanation. And they have begun to have SIX HOUR service windows that require us to be available all day. What is the point of paying a monthly service amount if the service is unavailable or so far out into the future we will freeze to death by the time they get their crap together to come out. DO NOT BOTHER PAYING FOR HOME SERVICE PLUS. It is a SCAMChristopher S.
- Business Description:QUALITY. PERFORMANCE. RESULTS. HIghly Accredited. Performance-Driven High Efficiency Air Conditioning, Heating and Ventilation Systems. Done-Right. Residential/Commercial. Rated #1 Best HVAC Performance Company in your Area. Highly-Skilled. Industry Trained. Factory Trained. Residential Home Energy (Auditors) Experts. Certified Water Furnace Geothermal. Certified Fujitsu Ductless. Certified Mitsubishi Ductless. Certified Wirsbo (Uponor) Radiant. Certified Indoor Air Quality Experts. R410a EPA..Recent Review:This review is based on my own recent personal Minnesota COLD Winter December experience and seriously would recommend you and your friends put this phone number into your current contact list 952 - 941-6049 Tom ENVIROWORLD USA, INC 5 Stars is an understatement. Tom from ENVIROWORLD USA showed up, COVID mask & gloves prepared, early in the morning after literally there was no heat overnight because the home furnace decided it needed a vacation! Couldn’t believe it... Tom was right on time with a text before hand, had a plan of what he was going to do after assessing the home furnace’s temper tantrum. Tom’s knowledge, experience and passion were quite obvious in his conversation ...?faithful furnace? just needed some extra love & attention. Specifically starting with a brand new computer board. (Internal cleaning and some duct work attention also appreciated) Mr. Furnace had a little tune up and again, back in service. It’s again cozy and very warm inside. “Thank You” Everything worked out better than expected and more importantly Tom did everything he promised and genuinely more than realized through his kindness. Reliable, Punctual, Health & Safety Concerns, Extremely Knowledgeable, Diagnostic & Detective Expert, Reasonably Priced & Funny too :) What a special asset to ENVIROWORLD USA. I would like to recommend Tom and I hope if you are looking for the best choice, look no further just go ahead and Contact Tom 952 - 941 - 604R M.
- Business Description:Aquarius Home Services has been providing homes and families with safe, clean water via Kinetico’s advanced home water systems for 30 years. Aquarius provides free on-site testing to evaluate the quality of water coming into your home, determining the whole house water system that is right for your family’s needs. Kinetico offers the most efficient and environmentally responsible water treatment systems in the world. We didn't stop at water softening, our drinking water systems and specialty ..Recent Review:Fantastic! Rance is a repeat service person and always professional and informative!! Have used them for almost twenty years and have never been dissatisfied! Highly recommend!! Just make sure he’s available should we need them again!!:Anna D.
- Business Description:At Joel Smith Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., we are your full-service heating and air-conditioning experts. We have been a family owned and operated business serving the twin cities suburbs since 1994. We have a field experience of 29 years. Let us help you create a custom comfort environment for your home. Having a positive customer relationship is at the foundation of our business philosophy. We are committed to servicing each individual customer with innovative indoor comfort systems, a..
- Business Description:Metro Air Heating & Cooling in Prior Lake, MN, is a Bryant Factory Authorized Dealer offering residential and light commercial heating, air conditioning and ventilation contracting plus sales/service/installation of HVAC systems. Metro Air also offers radiant, in-floor heating and full sheet metal shop capabilitiesRecent Review:Great! The furnace works better than it ever has! They were prompt, quick, quiet and clean! Would definitely hire them again!Brian B.
- Business Description:Twin City Home Remodeling is the team you can trust to deliver the results you are expecting. We have the ability to bring your ideas to life and the team that can execute your projects from start to finish. We go to great lengths to address your specific whole house remodeling needs, whether on the interior or exterior. We have almost 2 decades worth of experience as a company and a combined experience of over 180 years in all aspects of home remodeling and custom work. Communication and Qua..Recent Review:I reached out to Joe at Twin City Home Remodeling for a quick turn quote on a window project. After our great experience with TCHR installing new windows in our current home a couple of years ago, when I needed a quote for windows for a new property I knew who to call. We had limited time within the inspection period to get the information so that we could be informed about the costs of a new house. Joe again went above and beyond and turned around a quote in the limited time needed. These guys do quality work and are great to work with. In 2018 I hired Twin City Home Remodeling to replace the windows in our 1924 bungalow. I wanted windows that maintained the quality feel of the home. The TCHR team was knowledgeable and great to work with from start to finish. They answered all of my questions and did high quality work. They custom stained the window to match each section of our home beautifully. There was an issue with the manufacturing and Joe went above and beyond to make things right. I would highly recommend themMichelle S.
- Business Description:Home Seal Insulation is a family owned insulation contractor in Minnesota that prides itself on helping homeowners and builders realize their energy savings potential. We offer a variety of services to better assist, and educate our customers. No matter the size of your project, the experienced professionals at Home Seal Insulation will analyze, plan, and carryout the most energy efficient outcome for your home. We want to keep our customers energy bills down! Whether you have ice dams, uncom..Recent Review:Any time you seek out work to be done on your own home, you hope to find the best company. I ended up getting bids from a few companies to insulate my 1&1/2 story attic space. Chad was the first to get back to me with a thorough coverage bid, so fast I had to wait days for others. As soon as I met him I knew he was credible and trustworthy so we booked it. Fast forward to install day, Chad as his team showed up right on time, reiterated the work that was going to be done and got to it. I had a last minute additional request around some new electrical that has been done days prior and without skipping a beat came up with a solution that exceeded my expectations. Beyond doing great work, what stood out to me is how much they enjoy what they do. Great companies employ great people. We sought out to accomplish some work on our home, but Home Seal gave us much more. Referring them to all of our friends and family. Last few noteworthy details: Less than 24 hours after the install, we had to turn down our thermostat because it retains heat so much better than before. Home Seal owns their own equipment, others we bid with had to rent it to perform the work which increased their price. Not a drop of mess was left, inside or outJosh V.
- Business Description:Hoffman Weber Construction is a family owned & operated business. Like most companies, our goal is to provide a great product and service. However, we back it with industry leading product warranties, a long-lasting labor guarantee, and a focus on understanding homeowner needs with the goal of surpassing them. We go into every job taking the high road and ensuring every aspect of your project is well managed and well executed. It's what you – the homeowner – expect every time. It is, in fact,..Recent Review:Do not work with Keyth Hendricks. Half of what was ordered the day we put money down was later not available. And they take no responsibility for these ongoing issues.Steph H.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful energy audit company articles
What does SEER mean when purchasing an air conditioner unit? SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, and it determines how much you can save on energy. We’ve rounded up the top facts to help you figure out what SEER rating is right for you.
These small changes will give you extra cash without a lot of extra effort. Here are four money-saving tricks:
Find energy consultants in
- West Saint Paul
- South Saint Paul
- Mendota Heights
- Inver Grove Heights
- Little Canada
- North Saint Paul
- Saint Paul Park
- Falcon Heights
- Lake Elmo
- Cottage Grove
- Vadnais Heights
- North Oaks
energy consultants in Saint Paul
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- All Energy Solar1264 Energy Ln
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Alternative Energy of America601 Carlson Parkway Suite 1050
- Anderson Heating1446 7th St
- Aquarius Home Services 3180 Country Dr
Little Canada, Minnesota
- Atreas Contracting LLC13570 Grove Dr
Maple Grove, Minnesota
- All Energy Solar
- Bakken Electric, LLC817 Vandalia St Ste 1
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Blue Horizon Energy121 Cheshire Ln
- Blue Ivy Energy-Corrie Sampson3060 El Cerrito Plaza Ste 370
El Cerrito, California
- Building Hubww7935 Stone Creek Dr #140
- BWS Heating & Air Conditioning7251 Washington Ave S
- Bakken Electric, LLC
- Direct Solar of America3101 N Central Ave Suite 760
- Direct Solar of America
- Green Home Doctors4737 County Rd 101 # 163
- Green Home Doctors
- Hoffman Cooling & Heating5660 Memorial Ave N Suite 2
- Hoffman Weber Construction2155 Old Highway 8 NW
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Home Pro America10523 165th St W
- Home Seal Insulation221 SOUTH WILLOW STREET
Belle Plaine, Minnesota
- HomeSmart from Xcel Energy Minnesota3115 Centre Pointe Dr
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Houle Insulation Inc381 118th Ave NW
- Hoffman Cooling & Heating
- Kyrios Heating and Air 4253 Lyndale Ave S
- Kyrios Heating and Air
- Neighborhood Energy Connection1754 University Ave W
St Paul, Minnesota
- Neighborhood Energy Connection
- Owens Companies930 E 80th St .
- Owens Companies
- Quality Insulation Inc3509 Raleigh Ave
- Quality Insulation Inc
- S.M ENGINEERING CO9 9TH AVE N
- Safe House Fire Safety & Inspection ServicesPO Box 290183
- Sedgwick Heating & Air Conditioning1408 Northland Dr. Suite 310
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Select Insulation Systems Inc20701 Elk Lake Rd
Elk River, Minnesota
- Snap Construction Inc8200 Humboldt Ave S Ste 120
- Solar Wolf Energy202 Worcester St
- St. Croix Energy Solutions2217 Vine St Ste 200
- Sternberg Electric Service, Inc.1915 Highway 36 W Ste 7
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY LLC103 Orlin Ave SE
- Superior Exteriors MN Inc.4520 Tower Street
- SUSTAINABLE RESOURCES CENTER1081 10th Ave SE
- SustainMax, LLC3905 Clinton Avenue
- S.M ENGINEERING CO
- TENTUTORING1047 29th Ave SE
- Terry Derosier's Dr. Energy Saver2211 11th Ave East Suite 140
North Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Tier1 Restoration Services LLC23385 Union Trl
Belle Plaine, Minnesota
- Top Notch Cleaners, LLC4280 School Blvd
- Twin City Home Remodeling LLC85 3rd Avenue SE
New Brighton, Minnesota
- USA Alarm Service, Inc510 S Clearwater Loop 100
Post Falls, Idaho
- USA Alarm Service, Inc
- Whole Builders Cooperative2928 5th Ave S
- Whole Builders Cooperative
- Yeti Construction1455 Eldridge Ave W
- Yeti Construction