If you’re looking to add a level of protection to your home’s appliances and systems (like plumbing), you may be considering purchasing a home warranty. Keep reading to learn about the various pros and cons associated with common home warranty plans.
Get matched with top home warranty companies in Sacramento, CA
There are 2 highly-rated local home warranty companies.
Recent Home Warranty Reviews in Sacramento
- Carruth Home SolutionsPrompt with the estimate. They arrived on time to start the job. All questions and concerns were answered.. quite professional. Would recommend them to my friends.
- Fidelity National Home WarrantyI was called back promptly to make an appointment and the nature of the problem was explained to me clearly. The solution was made quickly and efficiently. They were responsive and they did the job!
- Fidelity National Home WarrantySeveral times they fail to have a vendor available quick enough for me like when I had a water heater go out I had to find my own plumber because they just didn't have anybody that could take care of it quick enough and when you have a tenant just sitting here without any hot water they get unhappy really fast. It's been a couple of time where I actually had to arrange my own vendor and they do reimburse you for most of what you end up paying but not all of it. It's a good price for what you get and I tell anybody that I run into that has rental prosperity to get the home warranty from them I talk them up all the time
- Fidelity National Home WarrantyMy home warranty company is Fidelity National Home Warranty and I called them about 8 months ago. I pay $75 each time. I think they need to include more things in their services.
- Fidelity National Home Warrantyin The 2nd worst company that i have ever worked with on 5/5/2013 and started a claim with the company. I explained that i only have one bathroom in my house and it was an emergency I had no shower the drain clogged and would not drain 2 days later they finally called to tell me someone would be out the next day. the person came i couldnt fix the issue said that he would send someone out the same day i waited all day and at the end of the day i called the home warranty they said sorry they would send would call someone else. they lied they didnt call anyone else they sent 2 DAYS later a person from the same company who said that he couldn't fix it so then i called again i was upset they said they would have someone out the next day nothing. they still didn't send anyone out. finally i got a call from a company called the plumbatior saying they would be out ASAP the NEXT day it had been a week at this point, he didnt show i called the home warranty again they said they would work on it. finally a 3rd person came out looked at the tub said that he could cut the pipes mind you all he did was LOOK at the tub when i called to tell them this they sided with the plumber and when i asked to speak with someone else he said that he just keep repeating the same thing over and over again. I left a message for the manager marked as urgent and he still has not got back to me... by the way i was charged for this and they have done nothing yet other than send people out that DON'T even do anything other than look at the tub NOT even the pipes and say that its not possible and they are going to cut the pipes. horrible company DO NOT USE THEM!!
- Fidelity National Home WarrantyThis company won't replace a 22 year old microwave oven that leaks microwave energy, has a door that is off adjustment with a burn on it. I bought a microwave tester that costs three times more than the technician's tester and has A ratings. It registered maximum microwave leakage. The technician had a tester that has been evaluated by the International Microwave Institute to be unreliable in their 2012 report. The certified technician didn't know that his tester has to be calibrated regularly and also said when I asked that he had never had his tester register a microwave leak at all. Three minutes after he left a representative from Fidelity National Home Warranty called me to say that my microwave would not be replaced and she was quite rude. The Home Warranty contract only allows to replace a microwave if it won't heat anything. So in my opinion, this is a reckless policy when it comes to microwave ovens and should probably be illegal to sell a warranty plan with this limitation for this appliance. But it appears that since microwave leaks do not cause immediate harm that can be seen or death to the user they can get away with it. My conscience wouldn't allow that if it was my company and that is the truth. The technician and home warranty company did not offer to repair it. I would have declined to anyway
Home Warranty Companies in Sacramento
- Business Description:Home repair, Heating and Air and more! Please review our website at www.chsforme.com to learn even more of our services! In addition to ANGIES LIST,, we are rated as a top pro contractor on another lead sites with over 150 each 5 star reviews between them. We are a full service residential HVAC and home repair company. HVAC / General Contracting Work. We pride our company on reliability, great communication, integrity, and quality work. We are a son and father team that has over 60 years..Recent Review:I highly recommend Carruth Home Solutions! They restructured and redesigned my deck so that both sides had steps for safer access and created a much more open, attractive design. They used Trex materials to rebuild it, which will last for decades with no dry rot, and to finish it off they installed beautiful sturdy white railing around it. So now my deck not only looks amazing but it’s also very safe and sound. In addition to being skilled craftsmen, everything was masterfully planned, and the crew communicated well with me, we’re friendly and professional, showed up on time and worked efficientlyMary R.
- Business Description:With over five years of appliance repair experience, I am ready to help you with your appliance needs.Recent Review:Vic was very responsive and made an appointment quickly. He diagnosed the problem and ordered the replacement part. When he came to install the replacement part, he found another problem and had to order THAT part. So an extra service call was required. Vic was professional, friendly and responsive throughout the processKaren B.
- Business Description:CP has been providing quality home warranty products since 1998.Recent Review:Warning: if you are in the market for a home protection company, avoid "Complete Protection" out of Liberty, MO, found at [*** Link removed ***] Do not fall for their false claims. They provide neither "complete protection" nor quality customer service. I have a refrigerator that is less than 2 years old and today still costs $2500 new. The icemaker is freezing up and I requested service. Service company, Kitchen Ace Appliance out of Houston, was chosen and dispatched by Complete Protection to do the repair. In the process of the inspection, the serviceman scratches the face of the refrigerator. He tells us he cannot complete the repair of the icemaker without parts being ordered and requests authorization. Complete Protection decides not to repair the icemaker. Instead, they want me to go out and buy a new fridge and with proof of buying a new fridge, they will issue a $500 check. They will not pay for anyone to repair the icemaker, it's buy a new fridge or they will not do anything further. Icemaker remains broken even though I have a so-called "warranty" and no one wants to take responsibility for scratching the surface of the fridge. Complete Protection are fraud specialists. This is the language from their contract, "C. PROTECTION SUMMARY: 5. The Company will provide repair service on Your protected items to restore them to standard operating condition as a result of normal usage and electrical or mechanical component failure." This is a straight up lie. In their contract, they contradict themselves by saying "12. The Company will determine, at its sole discretion, whether a protected system or appliance will be repaired or replaced. If the Company declines to repair a protected item, You will be reimbursed towards the replacement and installation of a new protected system or appliance per the schedule in Section G." Section G says they will provide $500 for a new fridge. Really? Who can buy a new fridge for that amount of money. So no repair and refusal to pay the funds for a new icemaker without first paying thousands of dollars for a new fridge. Worst home warranty ever. #CompleteProtectionIsHorrible #CompleteProtectionWorstHomeWarrantVictor R.
- Business Description:American Residential Warranty (ARW) is nationally recognized as a leading innovator in the Home Protection services industry, and our focus on outstanding service and customer satisfaction is a core part of our success. With years of Home warranty experience and top tier partners we are able provide top quality service to homeowners throughout the country. Additional DBA - American Protection Plans LLC. Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, jbrauser@arwplan..Recent Review:was great experience. on time and saved me lot of money. Company they used was great.Josh B.
- Business Description:At BPG, we believe home inspections shouldn't end at the driveway. Our inspectors and engineers undergo thorough background checks and must meet ongoing training and performance standards -- they are a selective group of professionals.With so many inspection companies to choose from, how do you select one that fits your needs? We've earned a solid reputation for standing behind our work and providing distinct value advantages that help protect our clientsRecent Review:They broke a tile in the bathroom and left it and insulation all over house. Said many non issues were issues due to incompetence, like not knowing how to operate a gas fireplace, or what a drain stopper looks like (even though it is in their photoStefan S.
- Business Description:Additional DBAs - Fidelity Home Warranty, Alliance Home Warranty Co, FNHW, Chicago Home Warranty.Recent Review:On September 16, 2021, the air conditioner went out in my rental. I was particularly concerned because the tenant is an elderly woman, and we live in a very warm climate with temperatures near 100 degrees. I filed a claim with Fidelity National Home Warranty on-line, and paid the $75.00 service fee at that time. On September 20, a local vendor diagnosed the problem as a blown compressor. Then, the nightmare began. After hearing nothing for a few days, I contacted the vendor. He told me he submitted his diagnostic report to FNHW on September 21 and had not received authorization to replace the blown compressor. I then called “customer service” at FNHW. After being disconnected several times, navigating through countless recorded instructions, then being placed on hold for over half an hour, I was finally able to talk to “Gabriella” at Fidelity National. I explained my emergency situation, and she said it takes 2 days to approve the repair (it had already been 3 days.). That was 14 days, and numerous calls, ago – each with the same obstacle course required to reach anyone. And the claim, which is very clearly covered by the policy, has still not been approved. I have attempted to contact the company 9 times, but have only been able to reach a real person 5 times. Wait times have exceeded an hour and, two times, I was disconnected mid-sentence. On both occasions the person to whom I spoke had my phone number but did not call me back. Each “customer service” person has had a very heavy Hispanic accent, and are difficult to understand, but it is apparent that they all have the same script. Basically, it is “I am so sorry for your inconvenience, but we have to wait until the “Approval Department,” approves your claim.” When I have asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, the “customer service” rep says they are not available at the moment, but that they would call me back. Nobody has ever called me back. If Fidelity National Home Warranty is actually functioning as a legitimate business, it is the most poorly run organization I have ever encountered. But I don’t believe even the most incompetent company could consistently display the level of total ineptitude and outright indifference I have witnessed. Instead, I believe that they have purposefully adopted a business model designed to avoid paying legitimate claims by frustrating claimants to the point that they decide to pay for their own repairsWilliam G.
- Business Description:Surface Link specializes in repairing, restoring and modifying countertops and upgrading or replacing sinks, in commercial and residential settings, all over the United States and Canada. Replacing a countertop can be costly and timely — Surface Link offers a low cost alternative to restore your countertop to like-new condition in less than a day. Why choose Surface Link over another company? At Surface Link, we focus exclusively on repairing countertops (Corian, Granite, Quartz and Solid Sur..Recent Review:The contractor never acknowledged the request. I never heard from them at all.Jay W.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang..Recent Review:They told me it was a covered repair and to get the work done and submit invoice and they would reimburse us. We got it done and submitted the invoice. After 3 months of constant follow up they covered part of the parts charge and none of the labor. Then, following up again, they responded with, WE ARE CLOSING THE BUSINESSDebra C.
- Business Description:Inspection services for Residential, Manufactured Homes, Apartments, commercial Properties. As well as Pool and Spa Inspections.
- Business Description:Our technicians at Swift Service are factory trained professionals and have a combined 30 years of in home service experience. All technicians are EPA certified in residential air conditioning/heating and refrigeration. At Swift Service our technicians have ongoing training that keeps us up to date on new products as they hit the market. Our techs know the newest products inside and out. CEO Daniel Arias was a senior LG Service Technician who after 10 years decided to leave the company ..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home warranty company articles
When considering a home in a rural area, you may not have access to a municipal sewer system. Learn all about living with well water and a septic tank before taking the plunge.
How long does a contractor have to warranty their work? Warranty lengths may vary by contractor and by state. We’ll cover how long work warranties typically last and what to look for in a warranty before you start your next home project.
Find home warranty companies in
home warranty companies in Sacramento
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- American Residential Warranty901 NW 51st St Ste 100
Boca Raton, Florida
- American Residential Warranty
- Dwayne F. Brown, REALTOR®9250 Laguna Springs Drive Suite 100
Elk Grove, California
- Dwayne F. Brown, REALTOR®
- EAGLE EYE INSPECTION SERVICES, INCPO Box 4364
- EAGLE EYE INSPECTION SERVICES, INC
- Fidelity National Home WarrantyPO Box 8127
Walnut Creek, California
- Fidelity National Home Warranty
- High Tech Home Warranties4208 Six Forks Rd, Suite 1000
Raleigh, North Carolina
- High Tech Home Warranties
- Independent PlumbingPO Box 189503
- Independent Plumbing
- MoistureFree Warranty20227 Railroad St
Cornelius, North Carolina
- MoistureFree Warranty
- Qualified Repair Appliances7037 Palm Ave
FAIR OAKS, California
- Qualified Repair Appliances
- Rescue Link8880 Ward Pkwy
Kansas City, Missouri
- Rescue Link
- Thomas R. Allison Construction1079 Sunrise Ave. B-139
- Thomas R. Allison Construction
- Zion Builders Inc2309 W Alpine Ave
- Zion Builders Inc