Hedayat Mukhtarzada, owner of Art Connection Oriental Rugs in Falls Church, Virginia, opened an oriental rug repair business after immigrating from Afghanistan.
Compare quotes from top glass block installers
Get matched with top glass block installers in Raleigh, NC
There are 3 highly-rated local glass block installers.
Recent Glass Block Reviews in Raleigh
- Tile With Style IncIt was a great experience from beginning to end. I was overwhelmed and inexperienced, but Nancy patiently helped me choose everything according to my taste and stayed within my budget without settling. Tom and his wonderful, hard-working crew (Bob and Ralph) are true artists and kept me laughing through the whole process. They began a week early, finished within the time frame promised and patiently worked with me as I selected hardware, plumbing and lighting fixtures. The result is truly a masterpiece bathroom! I would highly recommend Tile With Style because they are uber experienced (tile experts), down-to-earth and honest, fairly priced, responsive, easy to work with and locally/family owned and operated. Thank you TWS
- RANDY L EMMITT REPAIRS & RENOVATIONSFirst, Randy gave me an assignment to trouble shoot a couple of different tasks with the washing machine. After detaching a couple of hoses, and clearing a vent, the problem was fixed. Randy arrived on time. I told him that the washing machine was fixed thanks to his advice. We looked at the garden light. It was receiving current, so he bent a small prong on the inside, and it worked. That took about 10 seconds. Somehow he managed to make me not feel like an idiot for that one. Randy detached the garbage disposal and cleaned it out. We believe the culprit to be some aquarium rocks, no comment. After putting it back, it seems that the motor had burned out while trying to grind the rocks. So, he made a quick run to the store and brought back a fairly priced, better, and new disposal. He replaced the current one, which works perfectly. The big task was the glass block. First, I want to comment that searching for glass block repair using the list was not easy. There are not returns in our area for that search. It wasn't until searching under 'handyman' and using one other alternate searches did Randy's name come up. This was the deciding factor for hiring him. Randy determined, and I believe him, that the person who installed the glass block was not pro. The framing for the block was tiled over, presenting a problem. Then, he noticed a big problem from the exterior. The window sill had been framed to accommodate the glass block so that the rain water ran toward the house instead of away. Then he noticed the BIG problem: the outside had never been caulked! Randy had to troubleshoot this one. He removed the current interior caulk. Then, he had to cut the exterior vinyl framing and we were able to remove one block. From there we systematically removed each block and cleaned out the sludge. As we put them back, he caulked over some visible screws to in the sill to improve the appearance. Finally, he caulked the inside AND outside of the window. Randy also put some 3/4 inch vinyl molding on the exterior of the sill to improve drainage and impede the water from pooling. After that project, Randy cleaned up and was ready to go. The whole process to about 4 hours. The billing and payment process was simple. The price was very fair. I have to say that the best part of this experience was Randy's willingness to allow me to watch and help as the repairs were being done. I know that not everyone would want to do that, but it was helpful as a first time home owner, to be able to watch and ask questions, as well as get tips and sound advice. I fully endorse Randy Emmitt, the Liberal Handyman
Glass Block Installers in Raleigh
- Business Description:Early Bird Glass INC. Is here to help you with all your glass needs window replacement, window repair, shower replacement, shower repair, commercial and residential showers and window, we supply all store fronts, shelving and all glass needsRecent Review:The repairman was very professional and repaired the broken glass on the same day of arrival.Al M.
- Business Description:From windows to mirrors to storefronts to auto glass chip repairs, Glass Doctor can handle most of your glass needs. Glass Doctor offers custom glass services, such as tub and shower enclosures, entry door glass and mirrors. Established in 1962 with one shop in Seattle, Wash., today Glass Doctor offers complete glass repair, replacement and services to the residential and commercial markets at more than 300 locations in the United States and CanadaRecent Review:Excellent experience. From quote to completion of the install. Communication was good, price competitive and the work was very well done. We would definitely look to Glass Doctor again for another project.Carol P.
- Business Description:repair broken or foged glass in windows, install shower doors, mirrors, and any other repairs to do with glass in general but no windshields.All work perfomed by owner no subcontractors. 10% discount is offered to all Angie's list membersRecent Review:Rudy is totally professional. He responded immediately when I asked for someone to give me a quote on a new shower door. Much to my surprise, Rudy assured me that he could fix the door, which he did He is very honest and very fair. He did a wonderful job repairing the door. The quality of his work is superior, and he takes pride in his work. He has 35 years of experience with glass and bathroom renovations. I feel he he would do an excellent job with any project. I would use him again without hesitation. I would recommend him with no reservations. The guy is superStephen D.
- Business Description:We take care of everything from start to finish. Additional contact name: Nancy ZaffareseRecent Review:We had used Tom at Tile with Style four years ago for our master bathroom and trusted he would do excellent work on the the hall bathroom. At his store, they had the perfect selection for the style I had in mind. He installed tile flooring, vanity, mirrors, backsplash, & tiled tub surround. His electrician was wonderful and tacked another job for me. He and Tom had suggestions to upgrade with an extra can light in and a timer for the exhaust fan. Tom was so easy to work with and went the extra mile to make sure I was happy. I highly recommend Tile with StyleLaura D.
- Business Description:Interior and exterior installation of ceramic tile, marble, stone, glass block, and brick paversRecent Review:We are dissatisfied with the quality of product and service from this company, in addition to their lack of professionalism when asked to address it. We contacted this company to remove old tile work in our kitchen/foyer, and to install new tile. We purchased the tile, but they supplied the thinset, grout and backer that was used. The owner (Quent Gardner) responded quickly and promptly scheduled the visit to give an estimate for demo/installation. We requested a specific type and color of grout to match another tile area, which the owner refused to do, citing inferior quality of this product. We then requested that he match the color of the grout. The work was completed in 2 days, as expected. In the course of the work, the company made no attempt to contain the substantial dust and debris from the demo or subsequent sanding, nor did they make a noticeable attempt to clean up afterwards. The grout that was used was an entirely different color than what was requested. Although it was not the color we had wanted, it was not entirely objectionable, so we didn't complain. We paid for the work by check upon completion. We made sure to seal the new tile and grout using the product they suggested and have followed their recommendations for proper care and cleaning. Within 3 months of installation, we observed extensive cracking in the grout throughout the kitchen and foyer, and it was crumbling (in large pieces, up to 1/2 inches long) in several places. We also could feel/hear a grinding noise under multiple tiles in different areas of both rooms. When the cracking and crumbling kept getting worse, we contacted the owner regarding these concerns. Again, he responded promptly by email saying the problems would be fixed, and came out to have a look. At this point the owner claimed that the problem was 'pinholes' caused by micro-bubbles in the wet grout. We have photographic evidence of the considerably-larger-than-pinhole-sized pieces. The owner then missed the scheduled repair appointment ('completely forgot'). We contacted him again to reschedule, and he canceled the rescheduled appointment the following week. The repair appointment was again rescheduled for two weeks after that, but the owner canceled at the last minute again that morning, and pushed it until the following day, when he attempted to patch the crumbling areas by reapplying grout there. This type of repair, I've been informed, is not best practice. The crumbling problems persisted, and the re-grouted patches also crumbled (within 2 days of the patch repair). I contacted the company again on a few weeks later and scheduled the repair for the following day, strongly requesting that the problem be identified and fixed, not simply patched. The owner missed the appointment ('forgot' again), and we rescheduled. That morning, I made certain to text him as a reminder of the appointment so that he wouldn't 'forget'. He showed up at that appointment to survey the problem, and now claimed that the problem was being caused my movement in the subfloor or the supporting joists. He and I looked under the house, and (with my husband jumping up and down on the floor in the kitchen) we observed no movement. Under the tiles where the grout crumbling was the worst, there were audible air pockets under the tile. He agreed to replace these tiles and regrout, but refused to use a different product, as we requested. This appointment was rescheduled on Oct 24, 2018 and I again sent a reminder text that morning. The repair was completed as agreed, but the grout is still crumbling in a few places, and a different area of tile has developed air pockets. Given that the installation was completed less than a year ago, and we have continuously observed quality issues, we contacted them again to attempt to address the problems. We made multiple attempts to contact Mr. Gardner by email, and by phone, and we received no response until I said I would file a claim with the Better Business Bureau if the issues were not addressed. He now refuses to perform any further repair, insisting that the problems are caused by the 'pinholes in the grout', and that we knew that there was subfloor movement. We have filed a claim with BBB and have requested he refund part of the fee for this service. If you want an inexpensive tile job, contact Quent Gardner. If you want your tile job done right, by a reliable contractor who proudly stands behind his work, go with someone elseAndrea K.
- Business Description:Locally owned & operated.Recent Review:This review is for not showing up. Employer was scheduled to complete the work. Kept rescheduling and delaying the project. Eventually never heard from again.Chris J.
- Business Description:Onofrio Construction, Inc. is a full service professional construction company that has been satisfying Customers since 2001. We have built a solid reputation on quality workmanship, excellence and integrity. We offer interior and exterior services for commercial, multi-family, and residential in the areas of roofing, siding, painting, welding, decks, fences, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, sheet rock, doors, windows, concrete, asphalt, and much more. We guarantee our work to your satisfactionRecent Review:If your community HOA is going to contract with Onofrio, my neighbors and I would recommend that you oppose it. Onofrio subcontracted the roof replacement with an incompetent bunch of roofers. There were very slow, put the wrong vents on the dryer exit vent pipes, and pulled exhaust vent pipes from gas furnaces and dryers. Some of my neighbors had leaks which were not there previously and wood floors were damaged. Onofrio was very slow if at all to respond to requests to fix. It took longer than 3 weeks before I got a response on the dryer vent, The person they sent out first (who was an Onofrio employee) to replace the wrong dryer vent exit argued with me that I was wrong. When I finally showed him from inside the attic that I indeed knew what I was talking about, his response was just "oh". At least the second person they sent out (who wasn't an Onofrio employee) did a standup job on the vent exit replacement and repairing where the exhaust pipe had be pulled out. I've made sure to tell everyone that I know not to use OnforioANN Q.
- Business Description:Custom Renovations, Inc is a locally owed company. We have been serving the triangle area for 26 years. We service residential and commercial properties , provide free estimates and a detailed invoice for our customer. We are fully insured and carry all applicable licenses
- Business Description:We provide all masonry needs, we have 12 employees and two subcontractors so no jobs to big or to small. All proposals are free. From now thrue Oct.1,2010 special 5% discount from any Angie's list members, We have build multible small fish ponds with stone water falls this year
- Business Description:Family owned and operated, Raleigh Tile's business partners consist of Jay Glover and Bryan Glover who oversee every aspect of the business from estimating to installation. With combined experience of more than 30 years, this father-and-son team has the knowledge and expertise to handle any of your bathroom or kitchen renovation needs. We are licensed, insured at Raleigh Tile, we understand your home represents a significant investment. It is our mission to provide a quality installation with..Recent Review:About a week before the job was scheduled, I got a call from Jay indicating he is taking another job and could not do my job! When asked if he could recommend someone - he said no. <br /> I cannot believe that I was left hanging and had paid for all the materials (now sitting in my garage). I can'd believe I paid for Angies list service; what a waste. <br /> I cannot believe that his sight is still up and that Angies' list is still caring an A rating for this contractor! This gives all contractors a bad name and makes services like Angies list useless. <br /> <br /> <br /Dan L.
See all 3 highly rated companies in RaleighJoin Angi now
Explore our Solution Center for helpful glass block installer articles
Glass blocks provide an inexpensive, innovative solution for those wanting to build a curved shower or partition wall.
Find glass block installers in
glass block installers in Raleigh
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Touch of Tile154 Mels Meadows Drive
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
- A Touch of Tile
- C & S CONTRACTING INC4605 TREADSTONE CT
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Capital City Enterprises, LLc.4501 New Bern Ave STE. 130 - # 318
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Carolina Odd Jobs Inc802 Banner Elk Rd
Benson, North Carolina
- Constructive Design Group4613 Forestdale Rd.
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Corasaniti Home Services214 Rocky Lane
Hillsborough, North Carolina
- Custom Renovations Inc.2208 Timberlake Dr
Raleigh, North Carolina
- C & S CONTRACTING INC
- Four of a kind Home Improvment1613 Cool Springs Rd
Sanford, North Carolina
- Four of a kind Home Improvment
- J&R Home Improvement and More1421 E Broad Street Suite 241
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
- J&R Home Improvement and More
- ONOFRIO CONSTRUCTION INC8804 Gulf Courtt Ste I
Raleigh, North Carolina
- ONOFRIO CONSTRUCTION INC
- STARNES & SONS CONSTRUCTION108 BARBEE CT
Carrboro, North Carolina
- STARNES & SONS CONSTRUCTION
- Uzzell Masonry Stone ServicePO Box 1314
Wendell, North Carolina
- Uzzell Masonry Stone Service
- Wood Peace ConstructionPO Box 415
Butner, North Carolina
- Wood Peace Construction