If you’re looking to repair an old piece of furniture, it’s important to know the difference between restoration and refinishing. Find out what you can expect from the differing processes.
Get matched with top furniture refinishers in Modesto, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local furniture refinishers.
Recent Furniture Refinishing Reviews in Modesto
- Furniture And Repairs INC.The tech explained everything he did and was very courteous and knowledgeable. He did the job quickly and cleaned up after himself. Very happy with results.
- Lancaster PaintingExcellent service from start to finish. Worked with us coordinating their work with our roofer. Power washed the house, primed and painted with two coats of paint. Beautiful job. Provided a detailed job description. Professional, trustworthy, informative, neat and orderly, worked quietly - no loud radios. No hidden costs. They provided us with color samples. Left with us the remaining paint for touch up requirements for the future. Part of the project was to repair numerous areas of stucco. They did an excellent job. One cannot tell where the work was performed because it blends beautifully. They covered our neighbor's new fence in case of overspray, as well as the other neighbors car that was left in their driveway. They stayed on the job until it was completed. Will have them return to paint the interior of our home
- Dustin DuBurg Furniture Services"We wanted the foot ottoman portion of one of our older recliners repaired. His work was excellent. The chair had been repaired before by another party and that repair failed. He showed us why it had failed. He took the mechanism off the chair and returned with it when he said he would and the repair has held up beautifully. He even fixed the damage done by the previous botched repair Excellent work, punctual, good time estimation and good communication. We will definitely be using his services in the future.
- NIXONS OAK TREE HOUSE"The job was to refinish and repair an 80 year old oak dinette and 4 chairs. The quality of work was excellent. The repairs were done wonderfully. If you have lots of time and patience this is the place for you. They're not good on estimating how long a job will take. We were told 10 weeks. It really took 16 weeks. They do not return phone calls. You can get one if you go out there and leave a message to please call and you will then get a response. Nice high quality of work. Just not great time management or communication.
- Brock's Furniture RepairSent him a message on App after calling and leaving 3 or 4 message on phone#. Got a message back that he was retired.
- Furniture MasterThey did a very good job, went above and beyond with some extra work to make the furniture a little more attractive, I'm impressed.
- NIXONS OAK TREE HOUSEThey were a little expensive but very good. They do very good quality work. Our furniture looks like new. I would use them for very expensive furniture.
- NIXONS OAK TREE HOUSEVery excellant job was done. He is an expert wordworking/finish furniture restorore. However the job took 6 months.
- Hensley's RestorationHe quoted me a price. I was okay with the price and left the item there. He told me that he needed to call an art teacher for gilding work that needed to be done. He ended up later telling me that he could not get a hold of her. I had to go back to the location (which was an hour away) and pick up the chair without any work having been done. I was very disappointed
Furniture Repair Specialists in Modesto
- Business Description:Lancaster Painting is locally owned and has 25 years of experience in residential & commercial painting. We are fully staffed & equipped to handle any size interior & exterior painting project throughout the Central Valley, and have earned a reputation for dependability, quality service and workmanship. To help with the process of "turning your house into a home" we provide our customers with a Project Leader, specifically assigned to their painting project from start to finish. While teamin..Recent Review:Eddie was very helpful in planning and working with our budget. The painters were very pleasant and patient with my 3 year old running around. They were also very efficient and the paint came out beautiful. Love Lancaster PaintingShelby H.
- Business Description:Started by Paul Freeman, a lifetime collector of Arts and Crafts period textiles, Archive Edition offers reproductions of a hand selected collection of the finest Arts and Crafts textiles discovered throughout his lifetime. Archive Edition Textiles are copywrited reproductions of authentic Arts and Crafts patterns using modern materials. In 2014, Freeman partnered with Karl Eulberg, an executive in the furniture industry and lifetime fan and collector of Arts & Crafts. Eulberg brings a backg..Recent Review:It hasn't gone. Have you not read several previous reviews???Gene P M.
- Business Description:Welcome to Dustin DuBurg Furniture Services, Central California’s #1 Choice in Furniture Repair! Feel comfortable in knowing you’ve chosen the best! Nationally recognized, yet locally owned and operated, we pride ourselves on excellent service and quality workmanship, at a price that all budgets can afford. We offer a variety of professional furniture services throughout Central California, including, but not limited to: furniture repair, refinishing and upholstery. We are fully insured and m..Recent Review:I tried 3 times to get a quote, never got a response...Erik J.
- Business Description:Custom made cabinetry and woodwork. Everything except floors and stair railsRecent Review:Very personable; assisted in design ideas; friendly serviceCyndi E.
- Business Description:Drechsler Construction is a small independent company serving the greater bay area. The mission of Drechsler Construction is to be the contractor of choice by providing superior quality at a competitive price. I believe quality craftsmanship, completing projects on time, and dealing fairly and honestly with everyone involved are essential to maintaining my excellent reputation in the construction industry. Lic#92871Recent Review:He made arrangement to come out and do drywall repairs...but never showed up. I was good about it, and sent him a message stating that I understood that issues come up some times, out of his control. And tried setting up another date...but he never responded. If he changed his mine about working for me...the least and descent thing he could/ should have done, was call me back and explain why he coulden't except my business. He cost me a full days salary, waiting on him and he never showed up...I'll never do business with him again. HeLamar S.
- Business Description:We are a fourth generation family business that specializes in the sale and restoration of vintage pianos. We sell and restore pianos for clients all across the United States. We have worked with clients such as Stanford University, Roanoke Civic Center, and the City of Sacramento. We have also worked with celebrities such as Justin Rose & Stephen Colbert. Visit our website for videos, interactive diagrams, and photos of our restoration work, pianos, and informative information.Recent Review:<strong>***IMPORTANT***</strong> When you invest thousands of dollars in a piano, I highly recommend any consumer do their homework. It took me 8 months to find the right company and my research paid off. The following review reflects my efforts in locating Lindeblad Piano and total satisfaction since then. <br /> <br /> <strong>It was critically important that I find a business that:<br /> </strong> <ol> <ol> <li><strong>Has been in business for a long time and Better Business Bureau approved</strong>. A family-owned business for 80+ years with a BBB rating of A+ told me they had experience and gave me peace of mind. This increased my comfort level in dealing with a business more than 200 miles from my home. </li> <li><strong>Stands behind ALL their work</strong> - While warranties can vary cases by case (usually 10 years) I received a 20 year warranty on all workmanship and parts, which was better than I expected. They also met a competitors' 10-year warranty on the soundboard. FYI Steinway only gives you 5 years on a <em>new</em> piano. </li> <li><strong>Restores Steinways</strong> - I plan on keeping this piano for decades and I wanted to make sure they knew what they were doing with such a high-end instrument. Of the 120+ pianos restored last year, more 75% were Steinways. </li> <li><strong>Could answer tough questions</strong>. During my 8 months of investigating piano retailers and restorers, I spent a half day at a Steinway dealer in Boston to hear their argument of why I should <em>not</em> buy a restored piano. I did expect a hard sell for a new piano but some of their points and literature were compelling. Aside from using the Steinway parts, they said that setting the bridge height is the most difficult and requires the elite expertise of a Steinway restoration technician. When I asked if I had a Steinway that I wanted restored, they said only the Steinway factory was qualified to restore a Steinway. Lindeblad patiently answered ALL my questions. Additionally, the Lindeblad business is in its 4th generation with the original founder a former builder at the NY Steinway factory. He passed down this craftsmanship (including authentic Steinway parts and the proper bridge technique) to his family. </li> <li><strong>Pleasant to work with and accessible</strong>. To be frank, I wanted a company that appreciated my business. This means that if I had a problem, I could get a hold of someone and have my problem resolved quickly. Ultimately, I found that Lindeblad met and exceeded expectations. The end-to-end process at Lindeblad is a model that all businesses should aspire to - from the sale, planning, restoration process, to the photos of the finished product and delivery, they wanted to make sure I was completely happy - not just satisfied - with everything. Each member of the family had their own skills and it was a pleasure to work with each of them.</li> <li></li> </ol> </ol> If you're in th market for a piano - at any price - I know you'd be happy with their work and service. However, my opinion is less important than your peace of mind. I recommend asking any member of Lindeblad every question that comes to mind until you have no doubt. <br /William N.
- Business Description:Since 1988, Residential and commercial remodling, repair, room additions, kitchen/bath updates, small electrical/plumbing install and repairs
- Business Description:Hi my name is Barry Heckman. Classic Carpet Care is family owned and operated. My family and I have been serving Realtors and Property Managers in the Central Valley since 1996. In 2005, due to high demand, we branched out to Residential services as well. We have 3 Truck Mounted cleaning vans and one repair and installation van. Please feel free to call if I can assist you in any way
- Business Description:All kinds of wood furniture repair and refinishing.Recent Review:Sent him a message on App after calling and leaving 3 or 4 message on phone#. Got a message back that he was retired.Harry M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful furniture repair specialist articles
Wear and tear can damage even high-end leather furniture. Leather sofas can often be greatly improved with a little conditioner and some TLC. This guide breaks down what you need to know in order to bring your leather couch back to its former glory.
Just like humankind, furniture styles have grown and adapted in limitless ways throughout history. From ancient times to the modern era, find out how your ancestors furnished their spaces to make them feel at home.
Find furniture refinishers in
- French Camp
furniture refinishers in Modesto
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Brock's Furniture Repair400 12th St #10
- Brock's Furniture Repair
- Classic Carpet Care1852 w 11th St #347
- Classic Carpet Care
- Drechsler Construction547 Zurich Dr
- Drechsler Construction
- Furniture Master1316 Vanessa Ct
- Furniture Master
- G G & G CABINETS3420 S HIGHWAY 99
- G G & G CABINETS
- Mr painter painting co.5451 9th St
- Mr painter painting co.
- NIXONS OAK TREE HOUSE301 MAZE BLVD
- NIXONS OAK TREE HOUSE
- Sew Creative Upholstery1400 Lander Ave
- Sew Creative Upholstery
- Village Home & Design Center1121 Vera Ave
- Village Home & Design Center