Before you buy an older house, there are certain things the seller or real estate agent are legally required to tell you about potential lead paint hazards.
Get matched with top lead abatement contractors in Milwaukee, WI
There are 3 highly-rated local lead abatement contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Lead Paint Removal Reviews in Milwaukee
- COBAK ENVIRONMENTALScott came out and within the first 20 minutes found a great deal of mold in several of the walls of my finished basement. He also found some mold in the bathroom and under the kitchen sink. The greatest quantity of it was in the basement walls-- none of which was visible without pulling back some baseboards and drilling a few holes. He identified it right away and the procedure was minimally invasive. I then had them do a remediation, which took place a few days later and they had to remove the outside walls in 2 place and a few small sections of the inside walls in the finished lower level. It was done in one day and they used a negative air pressure system to make sure that the mold spores that were released while they were working were all sucked out the basement window and didn't cross contaminate the house. I was very happy with the job and the price was very reasonable considering the amount of work that had to be done. I have severe mold allergies and within a few weeks after the mold was removed from my home I was feeling MUCH better. Thank you Cobak for turning my sick house into a healthy one
- AURORA CONSOLIDATED LABORATORIESAfter no returned calls from lead abatement/environmental contractors or being referred to the incorrect entity, I found this resource. I post this in the hope I can minimize the headache, delay, and the hassle I went through. I also note that information on lead testing resources is limited and home test kits did not provide results that I myself would rely on. Inside West Allis Memorial Hospital, the lab provides testing for a fee. With the usual sample and testing caveats, the results provided the necessary information for me. Another resource to try for lead concerns is your local municipality or county health department
- Testudo LLCSamantha and Doug were very professional and personable. They worked quickly which was great because I went with an hourly rate option. I had planned on having some suspect materials tested for asbestos. I only learned on site from the listing agent that my realtor had directly misinformed me and that I couldn't test for asbestos because of the way the offer was set up. I was really bothered by this because my realtor had wrongly answered direct questions about this while we were writing the offer and I didn't want to be stuck paying for a huge asbestos abatement . Samantha and Doug were totally cool. When I was talking with Samantha she just asked me a couple of questions about distance from work, etc. and effortlessly made me think of the bigger picture with just a couple questions
- AP ENVIRONMENTALTHE COMPANY RETURNED MY PHONE CALLS QUICKLY, AND TONY CAME TO MY HOME TO LOOK AT THE WALLS, AND DISCUSS WHAT I NEEDED, THE SAME DAY I SPOKE TO HIM. THE COMPANY REPRESENTATIVES WERE VERY POLITE AND HELPFUL IN ADVISING ME HOW TO HANDLE SEVERAL HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES IN MY HOME. THE LEAD TEST WAS EXTREMELY FAST AND I WAS GIVEN A VERBAL RESULT IMMEDIATELY. A PROFESSIONAL REPORT WITH DETAILED RESULTS WAS MAILED TO ME A FEW WEEKS LATER. ALTHOUGH THIS IS AN EXPENSIVE TEST (TWO WALLS WERE TESTED FOR LEAD PAINT), IT IS WORTH IT FOR THE PEACE OF MIND. I WAS UNABLE TO FIND ANY OTHER LEAD PAINT TESTERS IN THE PHONE BOOK OR THROUGH ANGIE'S LIST, SO I DO NOT KNOW IF THE PRICE IS STANDARD FOR THIS TYPE OF TEST
- Robert Schafer ConstructionRobert Schafer construction is using other peoples credit cards to put reviews on this site.
Last update on June 18, 2013
Lead Paint Removal Experts in Milwaukee
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lead paint removal expert articles
Mold, radon, carbon monoxide and asbestos are dangerous health hazards to occupants in any home. Learn how to test for these problems yourself.
Angi secretly shopped painters, remodelers, window contractors and hardware stores to test their lead-safety knowledge. The results may surprise you.
Find lead abatement contractors in
- West Milwaukee,
- West Allis,
- Whitefish Bay,
- River Hills,
- Brown Deer,
- Elm Grove,
- Fox Point,
- Saint Francis,
- New Berlin,
- Hales Corners,
- South Milwaukee,
- Menomonee Falls,
- Oak Creek,
lead abatement contractors in Milwaukee
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 3D Home Improvements3323 Hamlin Ave
Racine, Wisconsin 53403
- 3D Home Improvements
- Brewer Contracting3420 Washington Ave
Racine, Wisconsin 53405
- Brewer Contracting
- COBAK ENVIRONMENTAL810 Summit dr
Waukesha, Wisconsin 53186
- COBAK ENVIRONMENTAL
- JL Remodeling & Finishing, LLC1558 Elm Ln
Grafton, Wisconsin 53024
- JL Remodeling & Finishing, LLC
- Keystone Environmental, LLC2225 Middleton Beach Rd
Middleton, Wisconsin 53562
- Keystone Environmental, LLC
- Safe Abatement For Everyone, Inc.1520 S Sylvania Ave
Sturtevant, Wisconsin 53177
- Safe Abatement For Everyone, Inc.
- Testudo LLCPO Box 3280
Madison, Wisconsin 53704
- Testudo LLC