Should you paint over damaged plaster? In almost all cases, the answer is no. Here’s why you should repair that damaged plaster before you paint. Plus, get tips for the best results.
Get matched with top plastering contractors in Memphis, TN
There are 2 highly-rated local plastering contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Plastering Reviews in Memphis
- BP PAINTING COMPANYGreat quality work as well very timely. They were in and out in two days. Left the house super neat and clean. Definitely recommend these guys
- Kreunen Construction & RestorationThey did a fantastic job. My wife was concerned about her plants and flowers in her flower bed being trampled and roofing nails and pieces of shingles left in the yard. They cleaned up everything andcwe didn't lose want plant or flower! They did such a good job, my son his having his roof replaced next week
- France Paint CoBruce and his workers were always courteous and dependable. They kept the property neat. The workmanship was excellent.
- France Paint CoFrance Paint Company painted the interior of our house with two coats was completed on schedule (4 days) and on budget as quoted. They moved and restored all furniture as needed without any issue.
- QE Restoration LLCefficient service. Pleasant. Had leak problem in later and they returned same day. Called and made sure all seals were secure. No further problem.
- EASLEY CONTRACTORSThere was major storm damage and the insurance covered the work. They were quick to call back. They were very easy to get hold of and to work with. The workers did a good job and cleaned up after themselves. They handled the entire project in a timely and efficient manner. They did a good bit of work
- Healy's Home HelpLarry scraped the horrible looking popcorn off the ceiling and put on three coats of mud to smooth it out and mudded the walls in two rooms. The price might sound high for this, but believe me it was a lot of work. These aren't small rooms and the walls in one were bad enough that they needed three coats of mud over every square inch to make them look good again. He put up plastic over the doorways and didn't get any dust at all in the rest of the house. The rooms look and feel completely different now. I am very pleased with the results. Larry was always on time and was very pleasant t deal with. He tests for lead paint and then follows proper procedure if he finds it, so you can be sure you're not going to be getting lead contaminated dust where you don't want it. I highly recommend
- Healy's Home HelpMr. Healy was in every way a true professional. He provided a timely response to my request for a quote. Examined both ceilings, made a sensible assessment of what need to be done and outlined what might occur if thing were not as they appeared. He even tested for the presence of Lead in the ceiling. As it turns out Lead was present so his quote include the cost for the renovation and removal of the effected material following OSHA/EPA guidelines and provide me with information materials concerning the process. He completed the ceiling on time and on budget and went above and beyond providing an excellent repair. I would highly recommend him and plan to use him again for repairs in my own home
- CHARLES SCAGGSCharles is the most trustworthy person. If I had 5 million dollars on the table and left for an hour it would still be there, and so would Charles. He does all sort of things for me and comes out even after working another job. He even does all sorts of things at my son's house too; he has even babysat my grandkids while my son worked. He is hardworking and does the best job and very dependable
- Walls & CeilingsIt was ok, however, he didn't tell me until he finished that I needed to paint and replace the wood around the closet. He didn't have a receipt book to show work or amounts.
Last update on November 26, 2020
Plaster Contractors in Memphis
Explore our Solution Center for helpful plaster contractor articles
Plaster is a great way to finish your walls with durable materials that also look great. Discover the cost to plaster your walls and other factors to consider.
You can find plaster walls in a lot of older homes. What’s behind these walls—whether that’s lath or calcimine—can have an impact on how long they last. Finding out the age of your house can help you determine what you’re dealing with.
Find plastering contractors in
- Hickory Hill,
- Olive Branch,
- Horn Lake,
- West Memphis,
plastering contractors in Memphis
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Atlas Home Services, LLC2094 Hampton Hill Dr
Memphis, Tennessee 38134
- Capital Construction89 N Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee 38104
- EASLEY CONTRACTORS3136 SUMMER AVE
Memphis, Tennessee 38112
- Healy's Home Help4395 Fizer Curv
Memphis, Tennessee 38117
- PEGASUS PAINTING/CONSTRUCTION3543 Bellwood Dr
Memphis, Tennessee 38128
- Walls & Ceilings3635 S Lloyd Cir
Memphis, Tennessee 38108
- Atlas Home Services, LLC
- B Quality Painting LLC5790 Bridal Cv
Arlington, Tennessee 38002
- B Quality Painting LLC
- Carpenter Works Memphis2129 S. Germantown Rd
Germantown, Tennessee 38138
- Carpenter Works Memphis
- France Paint Co849 Accomack Cv
Southaven, Mississippi 38671
- France Paint Co
- Hendrix Home Builders and Residential Repair9135 Broadway
Olive Branch, Mississippi 38654
- Hendrix Home Builders and Residential Repair
- Kreunen Construction & Restoration6879 Crumpler Blvd Ste 201
Olive Branch, Mississippi 38654
- Kreunen Construction & Restoration
- QE Restoration LLC4816 Harpeth Peytonsville Rd
THOMPSONS STATION, Tennessee 37179
- QE Restoration LLC
- Top Notch Contracting5731 Kuykendall Dr
Southaven, Mississippi 38672
- Top Notch Contracting