Is your lawn mower pull cord frayed—or worse, did it just come flying off before you went to mow? Learn how to replace a lawn mower pull cord in this guide.
Find top lawn mower repair services in Madison, WI
There are 4 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 4 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Matching on Angi
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in Madison
- Mad City Small EnginesWe had started the mower for the 1st time for the season (not having taken for maintenance it while) and was making strange noise when pushing it. We called the local Madison repair places and they would not be able to look at it for 3 -6 weeks. I called Owen and he said he could come the following Sunday (1 week). He was able to do some diagnosing over the phone to try determine the severity of the issue and see if it warranted him having to come or try to repair to save money vs replacing mower. He came next Sunday from Cross Plains to my house in Madison on Mother's Day! He was on time and had checked in several times prior to make sure it was still convenient for us for him to come prior to his appointment. It was so convenient to have him coming to work on it at our house. He provided of things he was going to look at by order to determine the cause of the issue and prevent the most work by order of inspection. I had asked if he could change the oil as well. He was again up front about the cost and inform how I'd be able to do it to save costs but he'd do it if I still wanted it done, which I did. Owen was able to fix the problem and save additional costs by being able to use, repair/clean/re-lube existing parts. He offered to have broken wheel ordered and installed but provided me with source for same price to avoid extra cost of trip to to come out again since it would take some time for them to be delivered. He provided instruction and pointed out the ease of replacing them so we could do it. He was very professional, transparent, and reasonably priced. He cleaned up the carburetor in addition plus provided the oil change without the additional service charge. He was very professional, efficient and easy to work with. I will definitely look to forward to working with him in the future and recommending him friends and others
- Mad City Small EnginesOwen came to the house, checked the mower with me. Asked if I wanted him to take it apart to ascertain the actual failure and repairability. He took it home, disassembled the engine, and discovered that the connecting rod had broken. This is a terminal failure, and (economically) unrepairable. I asked him what it would cost for his time & effort, was given a quotation, and paid it on the spot. Serious young man who understands what he's doing
- Mad City Small EnginesOwen did a fantastic job! So convenient with him coming to my garage. He left a very detailed checklist of what he performed and what he recommends for the next service. Top notch in every aspect!
- Baker Mower Repair LLCRepaired drive wheels. Gave options to choose from based on least expensive to most expensive. Gave expert advice on the repairs based on age of mower. Went the least expensive route as mower is over 10 years old & other things will start to go wrong or break. Kevin was upfront with what could be done. He did the repairs within a day after dropping the mower off. Definitely would use him again
- Mad City Small EnginesGreat! I called and Owen came the next day to service our lawn mower. He was professional, courteous, did a great job and was very reasonably priced.
- Mad City Small EnginesOwen did an outstanding job. I was very impressed both by his skills and his ability to explain the issues and how he was going to resolve them. The price was more than reasonable and the work was completed quickly. I'm already scheduling a tune-up on both my snow blower and my lawn mower.
- Baker Mower Repair LLCKevin got in touch with me right away, and was able to set up an appointment for me to drop the mower off on a Saturday, which is very convenient when you've got the ol' 9-5 M-F job as I do. He was very friendly and professional, came off as a guy I would definitely trust. I haven't used the mower yet since the grass hasn't started growing yet, but I trust he did a great job. He even cleaned and oiled it; I thought my mower was green, it turns out it is actually black underneath all that dried grass and mud. I should probably clean it more. Or just take it back to Baker Mower. Kevin got the work done in just a couple days, and called me to say it was ready. He was very flexible with scheduling and it was just a short drive to drop it off in Sun Prairie. I'm sure I'll be back if my mower or snowblower ever gives me trouble
- Haight's Mobile Maintenancevery informative. I had questions about gas, cans and mixutre for my edger, and he was very helpful. Mower was not starting well, and now runs great! Havent' used the snow blower yet, but Im sure it will run well now that it has been serviced properly. it so wonderful not to have to put the mower in the car and take somewhere, this service comes to you
- DORN TRUE VALUEDorn Hardware has the same staff day in and day out that knows the store, the products, and they will go out of their way to help you. The selection of hardware bets any home center or other hardware store in Madison. I'll drive further to go to Dorn because I know I'm wasting my time at other stores
- Baker Mower Repair LLCI didn't have any problems with the company as they were professional and responsive. However, I needed them to come pick up the mower but I live outside of their service area.
Last update on May 10, 2021
Lawn Mower Repair Services in Madison
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
When your lawn mower won’t start, it can ruin a whole day's worth of yard work. Luckily, you can easily troubleshoot using these tips.
Lukas Moreland started his lawn care and lawn mower maintence business when he was just 14. Find out what motivates him to keep the business going.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- Shorewood Hills,
- Maple Bluff,
- Cottage Grove,
- Sun Prairie,
- De Forest,
- Cross Plains,
- Black Earth,
- Mount Horeb,
lawn mower repair shops in Madison
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Haight's Mobile Maintenance4894 Haight Farm Rd
Fitchburg, Wisconsin 53711
- Haight's Mobile Maintenance
- Prairie Power Center666 S Thompson Rd
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin 53590
- Prairie Power Center
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
Canton, Michigan 48188
- RepairClinic.com Inc
- Top Notch Landscape303 Mountain Ave 122
Waukesha, Wisconsin 53188
- Top Notch Landscape
- Weed Man - Arlington Heights IL188 Shepard Ave
Wheeling, Illinois 60090
- Weed Man - Arlington Heights IL