When you reduce power usage in your home, you can save money and the planet. Follow these simple tips—from turning off lights to preventing vampire power—to lower your energy demand, decrease utility bills, and shrink your carbon footprint.
Get matched with top energy consultants in Madison, WI
There are 7 highly-rated local energy consultants.
Recent Home Energy Audit Reviews in Madison
- Five Lakes Home Energy AuditsNot only was Teresa professional and knowledgeable, informing me of the details of the tests and recommendations for what fixes can easily be done myself or with simple fixes. But gave detailed notes of affordable and recommended options for more involved fixes. Additionally, Teresa accommodated my disability well, and discovered two minor gas leaks, aiding me in calling the utility and getting immediate repairs. I'd highly recommend 5 lakes to anyone looking to improve their home energy use, or prevent airflow problems
- Saunders Insulation SpecialistsThey did a complete home energy audit and gave me an itemized estimate so I could choose what aspects I wanted done. I chose to do everything they recommended. They removed old insulation and put in insulation up to 49R, removed mold and corrected venting for a bath fan that had not been properly vented to the out of doors. And a lot more. I was very pleased with their work. And they were FUN to work with and I learned a lot
- BENEFICIAL INSULATION LLCThe energy auditor for Beneficial Insulation, Tim Ryan, performed a blower test. He advised us of the amount of insulation needed, the venting required, and the need to seal areas with foam. He also conducted a blower test after the project. The crew from Beneficial included Phil, Chris, and Jeff. They were professional, extremely knowledgeable, and meticulous. I had many questions and concerns. They were patient with me and also found areas that needed additional repairs that they took care of. Very pleased
- American Home Consultants LLCThey were recommended by Waunakee remodeling. They have been wonderful to work with so far. Hopefully after they complete the job my energy bills will be lower. The staff is friendly and professional. I would highly recommend this company to others.
- Energy House LLCThe work he recommended definitely solved our ice dam problem. Doug is very knowledgeable and we very much enjoyed working with him. We recommend him highly!
- Trinity EnvironmentalLaura was amazing! She arrived on time and took the time to explain everything to me - even some little suggestions about things that don't really have a place in the report but are great to know. She was really easy to talk to and ask questions of. There were a lot of people and my two dogs in my house at the time she was here, and she totally went with the flow and didn't seem annoyed by the chaos. I heard about her through the Green Madison program, and she was great about promptly replying to e-mails. She was able to schedule within a week or so and got the report back to me within a week after the appointment too
- Energy House LLCVery professional, explained for me how roof venting works, and let me know that every thing was how it should be, and didn't try to sell me something I didn't need.
- American Home Consultants LLCSpent an hour with my husband looking at the attic and gave us good idea of what we need to and don't need to do to make the house energy efficient.
- Energy House LLCVery thorough & fixed areas of concern to our satisfaction. We no longer have ice dams which was our main reason for hiring them.
- American Home Consultants LLCFound multiple areas of air penetration. Used proper materials in each area to completely insulate the house. Came back and redid a blower door test, identified a few areas which had been missed the first time and sent crew out to correct problems before damages occurred. Crew was very professional and friendly. Accommodated pets not being allowed out of the house, worked quickly and cleaned up after themselves
Energy Audit Companies in Madison
- Business Description:Additional DBA - American Insulation of Madison. American Insulation of Madison is an independently owned and operated insulation and home energy inspection company based in Waunakee and serves the Central, Southern, and Western parts of Wisconsin. We perform energy audits and insulation installation partnering with Home Performance with ENERGYSTAR and Focus on Energy. Other services include New Home Certifications through WESH, (Wisconsin Energy Star Homes) Green Built Home Certification, Re..Recent Review:They did a very thorough job and thought of things we didn't even think of. Excited to be working with them. They have been very professional and answered all my questions.Nancy R.
- Business Description:Full service design, build and remodel contractor. Servicing SE Wisconsin since 2016. Our team does it all from light updates to full renovations. Our experience team of installers is ready to transform your vision to realityRecent Review:We couldn't be happier with the work that Construct Boss did for us. We had an idea of what we wanted, and with the suggestions they gave, or basement turned out better than we hoped for. The entire basement was done on time and on budgetTim H.
- Business Description:TDS Custom Construction specializes in custom remodeling and design in the greater Madison area. We are recognized for our strong emphasis on energy efficient and sustainable designs, and a commonsense approach to home performance and green building techniques. TDS is a full-service design-build contractor that employees 15 community members and has been in business since 1985Recent Review:TDS provided excellent quality and service from start to finish. They removed the old brick chimney that was between the kitchen and dining room, and they did such an excellent job containing the demo debris that I didn’t even have to dust after! They also protected our existing flooring very well. You also can’t even see the patching on the ceiling. And at the end of the job, the PM let us know of a couple other issues he spotted in the attic (replacing vents) but didn’t pressure us in any way to sign them on for another project. I highly recommend themEmily L.
- Business Description:All Energy Solar provides turnkey solutions for the design, engineering, installation, maintenance, monitoring, and financing of solar electric systems. With hundreds of high-quality residential, commercial, agricultural, and government projects completed, you can be assured that All Energy Solar has the ability to meet all of your solar energy needs and a vested interest in making your experience as easy and affordable as possible. Contact us today for a free assessmentRecent Review:Beautiful! Of all the outfits I have had work on my house, these guys had the best planning and communication process of all. They kept us up-to-date every step of the way (and there are a lot of steps) with frequent communications (calls and emails) over the entire length of the project (about seven months for our situation). BravoWILLIAM M.
- Business Description:We are a full service high performance insulation company. We also perform home performance audits that include infiltration testing and infrared imaging.Recent Review:Lee's team of insulation specialists did a phenomenal job of spray foam insulating a very, very small crawl space in our home (as well as some boxsills). We have had several construction professionals in our home recently, as we are considering a major renovation to our house, and they have all commented on how well done the job is, and how amazed they are that insulation specialists were able to access such a small space. The team arrived on time, did their work quickly, and the administrative team was very communicative, personable, and kind. We'd highly recommend Duerst to othersCarrie S.
- Business Description:More to comeRecent Review:Not only was Teresa professional and knowledgeable, informing me of the details of the tests and recommendations for what fixes can easily be done myself or with simple fixes. But gave detailed notes of affordable and recommended options for more involved fixes. Additionally, Teresa accommodated my disability well, and discovered two minor gas leaks, aiding me in calling the utility and getting immediate repairs. I'd highly recommend 5 lakes to anyone looking to improve their home energy use, or prevent airflow problemsJoe F.
- Business Description:Madison, WI based residential home remodeling and repair company. Tony Trapp is a licensed contractor in the state of Wisconsin, and carries full Insurance, Liability and Workman's Comp. Since starting in 2002 Tony Trapp Remodeling LLC has built a network of experienced vendors and professional contacts to most effectively and quickly meet your remodeling and repair needs. Award winning. Additional DBA - Tony Trapp Repairs LLC. Locally owned & operatedRecent Review:This company was a bit sad. They were responsive to come over, review my shower remodel. I was told I would get a quote back in around a week. That was a bit over a month ago and after multiple emails asking about the quote I get the standard response it will be there shortly. At this point I would not hire them regardless of their quote. No faith in their committment to their clientsGreg C.
- Business Description:Hill’s Wiring has been in the electrical contracting business for Over 100 years. Since 1916 we have been known for high-quality electrical work and conscientious project management.Recent Review:Very well. The work was done as expected. Helpful suggestions were made about what we could do ourselves.Mary L.
- Business Description:Offering utility bill auditing services to insure you are paying the right rate.
- Business Description:Energy Efficient Solutions, LLC, has been in business since 2001. “Working today to achieve a greener today and more efficient tomorrow” has been our belief since we opened our doors and remains so today. We create upgrades to facilities to become more energy efficient thus saving on clients utility cost. To date we have saved our clients in 9 states more than $5,000,000 (see our counter updated daily on our home page). Becoming more energy efficient is proven to be advantageous to client..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful energy audit company articles
What does SEER mean when purchasing an air conditioner unit? SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, and it determines how much you can save on energy. We’ve rounded up the top facts to help you figure out what SEER rating is right for you.
While going green for the sake of the environment is important, there's another compelling reason to change your habits: your wallet.
Find energy consultants in
- Cottage Grove
- Sun Prairie
- De Forest
- Cross Plains
- Black Earth
- Mount Horeb
energy consultants in Madison
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Duerst Insulation Technicians7361 DARLIN DRIVE Ste 4
- Duerst Insulation Technicians
- Energy Solutions, Inc.2386 Dahlk Circle
- Energy Choice Center1301 Seminole Boulevard Suite 155
- Energy Efficient Solutions, LLC2997 Yarmouth Greenway Dr
- Energy House LLCN52W27222 Elizabeth Dr
- Energy Performance Lighting243 Bonnie Road
Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
- Enviro-Tech Window Concepts5014 Voges Rd
- Energy Solutions, Inc.
- Five Lakes Home Energy Audits6001 Hammersley Rd
- Five Lakes Home Energy Audits
- GreenLink Energy Solutions3020 Forest View Rd
- GreenLink Energy Solutions
- Lewis Brothers Heating & Cooling1059 Michael Ct
Glendale Heights, Illinois
- Lewis Brothers Heating & Cooling
- Miller Tyme Roofing and Construction, LLC.5509 Pony Farm Drive
- Miller Tyme Roofing and Construction, LLC.
- Nick Electric3941 Lewis St
- Nick Electric
- Pure Dwelling LLCPO Box 863
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
- Pure Dwelling LLC
- USA Alarm Service, Inc510 S Clearwater Loop 100
Post Falls, Idaho
- USA Alarm Service, Inc