Home appraisals can come in low, even during an ultra-hot real estate market. Here’s what to do when a home appraisal is lower than expected.
Get matched with top antique appraisers in Long Beach, CA
There are 2 highly-rated local antique appraisers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Jewelry Appraising Reviews in Long Beach
- SKINNER INCA really badly managed auction house. I bought two rugs from them and sent them a check since they charge for C.C. payments. Included with my invoice I sent my resale #. I had bought previously from them and they had my resale #, The invoice # of my purchase in 2020 was Sk00108904. It showed my resale # and no tax. This time around even-though as abundance of caution I had send the check along with a copy of my resale # some one who is oblivious to sales tax laws was requesting resale # of only Massachusetts and not California. His name as he told us over the phone is Paul. I had hired and paid for a public transporter to pick up the goods so I had no choice but to pay with a credit card. I will be disputing this of course. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM
- GemSecure Jewelry AppraisalsPatrick was/is amazing. Super personable and professional. He took the time to explain everything to us step-by-step. I highly recommend him and we will be back to see him again. Thank you so much for everything 😀
- Penny and Pig Estate SalesPenny & Pig Estates Sales was a Godsend! My late brother was an extreme hoarder. I had spent weekends over the past year clearing the house and sorting his stuff and our late parents' valuables. They had resided in the house since the mid-1970s and there were a lot of family belongings to dispose of. By March I was ready to bring in estate sales company. The person recommended by my realtor is located in the San Fernando Valley and by speaking to her, I could sense that she really wasn't interested in making the long treks to the San Gabriel Valley to conduct a sale. She also was negative regarding the items I had to sell. Discouraged, I spent a few days researching other estate sellers. Based on the good reviews and their proximity in the SGV, I settled on Penny & Pig. Taking my initial call, owner Penny Katz was very receptive to my description of the estate. She came out to the house the very next day. We spent at least an hour going over what I had sorted as well as the furnishings and clothes closets. She was very honest in a tactful way, recognizing the sentimental value of the property and the belongings. She told me what she could sell and what should be donated. She also has an an excellent sense of humor, which I appreciate. I felt confident that she would do right by me. Having agreed to proceed, she scheduled the sale for the Friday and Saturday of Easter weekend. 10 days before, she sent her crew in to begin arranging the house for the sale. Meanwhile, Rafael, her transport guy, went over with Penny and me to sort through a storage unit of my late father in-law's furnishings. Penny was able then and there to determine what to sell at the estate sale and what to donate to charity. The storage unit was cleared that day. On the Monday, Wednesday and Thursday before the estate sale, Penny and her crew returned to my brother's house to continue the preparation and pricing for the event. Personal items that they found during their organization went into bathrooms (bathrooms are kept off-limits to estate sale customers). The crew was also able to find many mementos that had either been feared lost or forgotten and were safely put aside. Penny advertised the estate sale widely and it paid off handsomely. Over the course of the Friday and Saturday, Penny estimated that she had up to 400 people attend the estate sale. People bought vintage cameras, antiques and antique furnishings, jewelry, books, magazines, clothing, housewares, gardening equipment, etc. - even a car! After I went through the remaining items, Penny arranged for a charity to come in and take what they wanted. The charity gave us a receipt for charitable tax deductions. Once they were gone, Penny's crew proceeded to clear out the house, an all-day job. By the time they were finished, the house was vacant. Shortly thereafter, Penny sent me a handsome check for the sale, minus a standard commission fee and a very reasonable charge for cleaning out the house. Their efficiency made it possible for me to not only list the house for sale less than a week after the estate sale, but for the realtor to stage an Open House. Four days later, the house was sold. Had you asked me in March if this was at all possible, I would have said, "No way!" My thanks to Penny and her crew for everything
- World Gemological Services, Inc.We had just returned from overseas with purchases of south sea pearls and we wanted to verify the authenticity and value as soon as possible. Todd was able to accommodate us the same day and verify they were the real thing. He followed up with our written appraisals in a week. Great customer service
- GemSecure Jewelry AppraisalsThis was a very new experience for us as we were "nice jewelry rookies". What a great find. Patrick is truly a professional. Knowledgeable, personable, very detail oriented, willing to take as much time with us as we needed to get a deep understanding of both the science and art behind the process of accurately appraising jewelry. We were lucky, prior to meeting Patrick we bought our recent pieces from a jeweler who it turns out, was truthful with us in what he charged us for the pieces that we bought. It was very calming when Patrick gave us this news. We are now armed with the knowledge and the tools to make a much more informed decision the next time we buy something. We will be working with Patrick on all of our future jewelry purchases and also enthusiastically recommending him to our friends and family. Thank you Patrick, for a job incredibly well done!! Jeff and Mist
- Pick Up The PiecesI took the Lladro to Pick Up The Pieces in May of 2011 to see if there was any chance it could be restored. To my amazement they said yes. Not only could they replace the broken heads, they could also make the missing thumb. They estimated the repair cost to be $400.00 and told me it would take approximately 3 weeks. 3 weeks later I received a courtesy phone call with good news: my prized Lladro was ready and the repair came in $25.00 under the estimated charge of $400.00. I could not wait to get over there and see for myself. Sure enough, my Lladro was as good as new... I could not tell that it had ever been damaged in any way whatsoever! I was thrilled. I had originally heard about Pick Up The Pieces in a news story years ago (after the Northridge earthquake) and have used their services many time in the past including repairing a Waterford glass with a chipped rim, removing the yellowed varnish on an old oil painting as well as a simple repair of a tea cup with a broken handle. As with all of the previous repairs, the staff was very friendly and helpful. I felt that the repair charge was fair given the extent of the damage as well as the missing pieces plus it actually came in a bit lower than they had originally estimated which was an unexpected bonus. This was a real positive experience and I would recommend their service to everyone. 5 stars!!
- GemSecure Jewelry AppraisalsIt was great. He was very professional and was very thorough with his explanation of the process.
- GemSecure Jewelry AppraisalsPatrick met me promptly at my appointment time. I had 3 rings for appraisal. He looked at all 3 and told me that 2 of them would appraise for less than $1000 and that it wasn't worth my having them appraised. He gave me an estimated value for each of them. He then proceeded to examine the 3rd ring and provided me an overview of what he was doing and how he was doing it. The whole process was relatively quick and I received my written appraisal in the mail about a week later. Patrick also offered to speak with my son about engagement rings as my son is in the market for one now. The experience was a great one and I would definitely recommend Patrick to others
- DEFINITIONSTHIS JEWELER IS VERY PROFESSIONAL, HIGHLY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND HONEST. THE STORE WAS VERY NEAT AND PLEASANT, THE STAFF WAS KIND. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BUSINESS TO ANYONE AND HAVE USED THEM SEVERAL TIMES.
- STUART H SALSBURY APPRAISAL SERVICESIn addition to Angie's list, my insurer (Farmers group) also recommended Stuart Salsbury in Los Angeles. This was the '1st' name on their list (home owner's insurance). I was amazed at their responsiveness and willingness to help. They were the ultimate professionals. Although I don't have any 'Picasso' prints, I do have a collection of original art and signed prints. These are now well-documented (photos) and will be stored off-site in my bank in the event of future fire, theft loss with consideration to my home owner's insurance policy. I didn't send pictures, documentation of my normal home furnishings to Stuart Salsbury...that is NOT in their area of expertise. I will photo-document my 'normal' home furnishings separately and store them away from my home (bank). And for their services? Their recommendations? Advice? How much did they charge me as an expert Los Angeles appraisal firm? Nothing. I offered to pay for their services in reviewing my photo-documentation...the return of my photos. They declined. And who will I use when the time comes that I actually need a professional appraisal firm? Stuart Salsbury of course
Last update on August 31, 2022
Jewelry Appraisers in Long Beach
Explore our Solution Center for helpful jewelry appraiser articles
Whether you’re looking to buy, sell, or refinance, you’ll need a good home appraiser. We’ll show you what to look for when hiring a home appraiser.
Find antique appraisers in
- Signal Hill,
- Hawaiian Gardens,
- Harbor City,
- Los Alamitos,
- Seal Beach,
- San Pedro,
- La Palma,
- South Gate,
- Sunset Beach,
antique appraisers in Long Beach
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 58 Facets Jewelry331 N Story Pl
Alhambra, California 91801
- 58 Facets Jewelry
- COLLINS ASSOCIATES351 CAPELLA
La Habra, California 90631
- COLLINS ASSOCIATES
- Duveen & Edwards Inc5234 Calatrana Dr
Woodland Hills, California 91364
- Duveen & Edwards Inc
- Johnson Inc Gold & Coin Collection Buyers7853 Gunn Hwy. #189
Tampa, Florida 33626
- Johnson Inc Gold & Coin Collection Buyers
- KING RICHARD'S ANTIQUE MALL12301 WHITTIER BLVD
Whittier, California 90602
- KING RICHARD'S ANTIQUE MALL
- legacy estate salesP.O. Box 4025
Chatsworth, California 91311
- legacy estate sales
- Sarah Leonard Fine Jewelers1055 Westwood Blvd
Los Angeles, California 90024
- Strictly Contents Restoration2515 Oakmont Ave # 1
Santa Ana, California 92706
- STUART H SALSBURY APPRAISAL SERVICES7308 Pacific View Drive
Los Angeles, California 90068
- SUN CITY COIN26010 MCCALL BLVD STE A
Sun City, California 92586
- Sarah Leonard Fine Jewelers
- World Gemological Services, Inc.120 Tustin Ave. Suite G
Newport Beach, California 92663
- World Gemological Services, Inc.