If you’re seeking a landscaping feature that requires little maintenance but still looks stunning, consider one of these rock garden ideas. A rock garden can upgrade a space where nothing will grow and bring a tranquil look to your yard.
Find top-rated landscapers in your area
Enter your zip and get matched with up to 3 pros
Matching on Angi
Angi has local reviews on landscapers
- Tree Surgeons
- Gardening Services
- Landscape Architects
- Sod Installation
- Tennis Court Contractors
- Landscape Design
- Retaining Wall Companies
- Grading Companies
- Landscape Rock & Sand Delivery
- Mulch Delivery Services
- Pond Companies
- Artificial Grass Companies
- Shrub Removal & Trimming
- Backyard Design Companies
- Commercial Landscaping
- Koi Pond Services
- Backyard Landscapers
- Trampoline Assembly
- Hedge Trimming
- Pond Services
- Garden Design
- Outdoor Plant Watering
- Putting Greens
- French Drains
- Turf Installation
- Yard Care Services
- Sod Removal Services
- Lawn Repair Services
- Brush Chipping Services
- Hardscape Contractor
- Landscape Rock Removal
- El Paso
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Worth
- Grand Rapids
- Kansas City
- Las Vegas
- Long Beach
- Los Angeles
- New Orleans
- New York
- Oklahoma City
- Salt Lake City
- San Antonio
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Saint Louis
- Saint Paul
- Virginia Beach
- Washington DC
- Winston Salem
- Alabama Lawn & Landscaping
- Alaska Lawn & Landscaping
- Arizona Lawn & Landscaping
- Arkansas Lawn & Landscaping
- California Lawn & Landscaping
- Colorado Lawn & Landscaping
- Connecticut Lawn & Landscaping
- Delaware Lawn & Landscaping
- District of Columbia Lawn & Landscaping
- Florida Lawn & Landscaping
- Georgia Lawn & Landscaping
- Hawaii Lawn & Landscaping
- Idaho Lawn & Landscaping
- Illinois Lawn & Landscaping
- Indiana Lawn & Landscaping
- Iowa Lawn & Landscaping
- Kansas Lawn & Landscaping
- Kentucky Lawn & Landscaping
- Louisiana Lawn & Landscaping
- Maine Lawn & Landscaping
- Maryland Lawn & Landscaping
- Massachusetts Lawn & Landscaping
- Michigan Lawn & Landscaping
- Minnesota Lawn & Landscaping
- Mississippi Lawn & Landscaping
- Missouri Lawn & Landscaping
- Montana Lawn & Landscaping
- Nebraska Lawn & Landscaping
- Nevada Lawn & Landscaping
- New Hampshire Lawn & Landscaping
- New Jersey Lawn & Landscaping
- New Mexico Lawn & Landscaping
- New York Lawn & Landscaping
- North Carolina Lawn & Landscaping
- North Dakota Lawn & Landscaping
- Ohio Lawn & Landscaping
- Oklahoma Lawn & Landscaping
- Oregon Lawn & Landscaping
- Pennsylvania Lawn & Landscaping
- Rhode Island Lawn & Landscaping
- South Carolina Lawn & Landscaping
- South Dakota Lawn & Landscaping
- Tennessee Lawn & Landscaping
- Texas Lawn & Landscaping
- Utah Lawn & Landscaping
- Vermont Lawn & Landscaping
- Virginia Lawn & Landscaping
- Washington Lawn & Landscaping
- West Virginia Lawn & Landscaping
- Wisconsin Lawn & Landscaping
- Wyoming Lawn & Landscaping
Explore Our Solution Center for Helpful Landscaper Articles
Design the garden of your dreams, from an English country garden to a Japanese-inspired meditative space with our expert landscape design tips.
If you're looking for ways to revamp your home's landscaping, consider installing a walkway or redoing one you already have. Perfect for both your front and back yards, these materials, designs, and walkway ideas will help you install the perfect path.
Maximize your garden’s potential and turn it into a space you want to spend time in. Here are 13 inspired landscape design ideas for small spaces.
Enhance the beauty of your natural shoreline using native plants, water-loving plants, and proper shoreline restoration contractors to get the job done right.
If you’ve been wondering which summer flowers would work best for your yard, look no further. From partial sun perennials to full sun annuals, there’s no shortage of recommendations for growing flowers that bloom all summer and withstand the heat.
Find out how to transform your lakefront home into a tranquil haven where you can enjoy your outdoor space and stunning lake view.
Late summer to early fall is one of the best times to establish new lawn growth for many parts of the country. Learn how to grow new grass this fall.
Exterior home improvements like driveway resurfacing, exterior painting, masonry repair, landscaping and chimney repair can add value and curb appeal to a home.
These adorable butterfly garden ideas, plants, and design tips will help you bring colorful winged visitors to your garden year after year. Then, use our printable coloring pages and garden log to get the whole family involved in your garden.
Learn how to grasscycle with our expert tips. Reduce garden waste, fertilize your lawn, and improve your turf with this guide to grasscycling 101.
Do you have unwanted tenants taking up space in your garden? Here's how to kill grass in flower beds without harming the surrounding blooms.
The secret to having the perfect Bermuda grass lawn comes down to maintenance. Keep reading to discover how to make Bermuda grass thicker in your yard.
Discover everything you need to know to level up your golf game by installing a DIY putting green right in your backyard.
Landscapers discuss home water features and the value they add to your property. Learn which features -- such as a fountain or pond -- will work best for you.
Hiring Local Landscapers
Five Questions to Ask Landscaping Pros:
Big or small, your project is a significant investment. That’s why we recommend interviewing at least three qualified landscapers before making a hiring decision. Ask the following questions to determine whether a pro is the right fit for your project:
1. Are you a full-service company, maintenance company or both?
Different landscapers have different specialties. Some offer beginning-to-end services, from the very first design drawings all the way out to long-term maintenance, and others work on specific tasks.
2. How will form impact function?
Landscaping serves an aesthetic purpose, but its functionality should also be a consideration. Working with a pro who can create a design that will work with your yard’s appearance and usability is critical to your project’s success.
3. What kind of industry specialists do you have on staff?
The best landscaping companies have a deep knowledge of the best practices, including those specialized to your local area. For example, a skilled horticulturalist will know the best plants for your region and the ideal times to plant them, while an arborist will have the knowledge necessary to maintain trees.
4. What installation process will be used?
This can actually be broken down into a few categories: how they are going to build your project, what materials they will build with and what equipment they will use.
Landscaping companies should have some standard building practices and construction details for how they build each type of project.
5. Will this landscaping work with my climate?
Be sure your landscaping is suitable for your home’s environment. Work only with pros who are able to provide insight into what kind of landscaping will work best in your climate.
- How much do landscapers typically charge?
The average cost to hire a landscaper is between $40 and $80 per hour. Depending on the level of effort or task, there could be cheaper options like hiring a local teen to mow your grass, but it's to use someone qualified and licensed to do the digging, building, or leveling work
- How much are typical landscaping costs?
The average cost for a landscaping job is around $140. However, each project is different and costs can range from $100 for aeration, to several hundred dollars for lawn fertilization or leaf removal.
- Should landscapers be certified or licensed?
It depends. Is it not required for typical landscapers to be licensed since the work doesn't often require formal education or training, but for landscaping architects, where the work doesn't require technical and specialized skills, all 50 states do require the professional to be licensed. Each state has their own requirements for licensing and certifications. Check our state licensing tool to review the local landscaper guidelines.
- What questions should I ask a landscaping contractor?
There are several questions or things to know before hiring a landscaper to do any work at your home.
Are you bonded and full insured?
How long have you been in business?
Do you have any industry specialists on staff?
Will stay on the project until completion?
What's your guarantee policy?
- How many landscapers are in the US?
According to the U.S.B.L.S for 2017, there are 912,360 landscapers employed in the US. Landscapers make between $10-$20 per hour with an average of $14.28 per hour. California has the most landscapers employed (106,580) and Florida is the second highest (82,000). New York, which is the fourth most, has the highest average wage at $15.94 per hour.