Proper lawn mower maintenance can keep it running longer. Whether it's sharpening blades or getting a professional mower tuneup, follow these maintenance tips.
Find top lawn mower repair services in Kansas City, MO
There are 5 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 5 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in Kansas City
- Jerry's Outdoor Equipment IncPlease be very careful of JERRY’S OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT . Before you take your mower there for any repair make sure you take a picture of (top, back, under side) your mower. They are very deceptive. We took our mower there which was a 2 years old. We We only use it for the summer months so it almost still brand new. The mower was still under warranty and all they had to repair was the front caster wheel as it was loose. They held it in their shop for almost 3 weeks when we got it back they replace the caster with an old beat up rusty caster that they took from another mower and the worse part is that they SWITCH THE DECK OF MY MOWER AND GAVE US BACK AN OLD RUSTY BEAT UP DECK, The under carriage is so rusty and whomever that mower belong to you see they were even try to touch it up with paint. I contact CUBCADET Headquarters and notify them of Jerry’s deceptive practice. Cub cadet said once an item is under warranty ONLY new parts should be used and that JERRYS OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT LOCATED IN SMITHVILLE AND KANSAS should ONLY use brand new parts for any equipment that is still under warranty. PLEASE PLEASE be careful of them. They will scam you. The picture shown shown should have been new parts however they took this week and caster from an old mower and place it onto my mower. “Cub cadet said this is Fraud
- MERRIAM HARDWAREMy mower had little power. It couldn't cut even moderately thick grass without bogging down. I took it to another shop and they thought they had it fixed but it wasn't. Had the same problem. I then took it to Merriam. They quickly diagnosed the problem and gave me an estimate on what it would cost to repair. I gave them the OK to repair it and it works great now
- RG Small Engine RepairWork was done at a very reasonable price. Turnaround was very fast. They asked before making repairs. Very professional and efficient. I will return for any service needs and recommend them to all my friends.
- Mower DoctorThe mower quit working and I thought I needed a new belt for the transmission. HE told me he would look at it within two days and warned me that it would be at least a week before I got it back If I chose the have him fix it. He determined the carburetor needed to be rebuilt and the Transmission belt was fine, but a bolt had fallen out of the clutch assembly. It cost me $167 to fix and I got it back on time. I even noticed that he had replaced some bolts I was missing on the body of the mower at no charge. He was considerably cheaper than the $300 I would have paid elsewhere. This guy is very polite and personable. He is easy to talk to. vI will definitely return for any future needs
- Mower DoctorWe were very grateful for the advice, the transportation and the service. I do not remember what it cost but it was exactly what they quoted us when we called to make the arrangements.
- Mower DoctorThey are easy to work with. They pick up my mower from my driveway, service it and return it. I use them every year.
- Mower DoctorOverall a good experience. The delivery of the mower was timely and courteous. Instruction on safety, maintenance and use was provided.
- RG Small Engine RepairTravis at RG Small Engine Repair replaced a bad throttle cable on my lawnmower. He provided a reasonable price and prompt turn-around. Cable now works as it should. Will certainly use RG Small Engine Repair for other items.
- Bryan's Small Engine RepairIt went well. They responded well to my questions and let me know when the work was complete. They were honest with me about the expectations considering the age and condition of my mower. It was worth the drive for such good customer service.
- RG Small Engine RepairThese guys went way beyond normal expectations, and I do mean way beyond. I use a lot of power devices and there is no other place that I will take anything that needs work from now on. It is rare that you will find this kind of personalized, professional service, and when faced with a difficult situation they did not hesitate to do what was needed to make it right. These guys are fantastic, easy to work with, reasonably priced, and provide a great value. I have more for them to work on this fall to keep all of the devices I use running in top condition. If you need any small engine work done, take it to RG Small Engine. You will not be disappointed in the effort they will make to get whatever you need working right
Lawn Mower Repair Services in Kansas City
- Business Description:Larry Ryan started Ryan Lawn & Tree in 1987. From day one, Larry's goal has been to set the standard in customer service among lawn care companies. Larry has a degree in forestry, but it was the 10 years he spent in the restaurant business that taught him to deliver high quality products and hire a staff that truly puts the customer first. Ryan partners with our customers to maintain their lawns, trees, shrubs and irrigation systems with high quality service at an affordable priceRecent Review:They were professional, courteous and quality work.Brian M.
- Business Description:Mr. Handyman is open for essential services during this time. As your one-call solution for a wide range of home maintenance and repair needs we are available for unavoidable fixes and all outdoor repairs. We are committed to the health and safety of our customers and employees. Our uniformed technicians are fully insured professionals. We arrive on time in uniform and a marked van with the tools to complete the job right. Mr. Handyman technicians are skilled craftsmen with an average of 1..Recent Review:The initial visit was awesome --- very detailed, good communication, etc. Repairman needed to come back and that took some time to accomplish. He was very good.Bill D.
- Business Description:I'm an experienced and professional handyman serving the Kansas City area. I started this business to turn my lifelong passion and professional experience into a dream job that I love, because I get to help out my neighbors with my skills. That passion and experience have helped me master a diverse skill set that will deliver top-quality work, every time. I am confident that I can solve just about any problem or complete any project in your home. Above all else, I bring my sense of honor to m..Recent Review:Responsive, reasonable rate, great skills, good person.Tom S.
- Business Description:I have been in the business of helping home owners enhance their living environment since 1976. I have provided quality home repair services for over 40 years, and hope you’ll give me an opportunity to serve you in the capacity of knowledge and expertise. My formula for success is integrity, quality, and customer serviceRecent Review:Very professional good work and everything cleaned up will recommend and will use againRichard S.
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts a..Recent Review:I am a landlord with several properties. I have two major complaints with this vendor after years of use. First, they have gone to the wrong property for service by not listening to the service address requested. They don't have the software to store multiple address and have sent repairmen accordingly. Second, their phone service is terrible. Multiple cell phone calls were unable to establish a connection that worked. As a final result, I used a land line and it to was bad and after being on hold for ten minutes, I cancelled the latest appointment and will not use them again. Their service tech's are pretty good, if you can get them to the correct propertyRon P.
- Business Description:We are Kansas City’s best earth friendly lawn care service. Our exclusive Eco-Pride system focuses on total lawn health. We work with homeowners to get them a lawn that will make them proud. We have been working with homeowners in Kansas City since 1995, helping them with lawn fertilization programs, lawn renovations, anything with sprinkler systems and tree and shrub programs. Our lawn coaches have answers for your questionsRecent Review:They are professional, dependable and fairly priced. Top notch service. Wouldn't use anyone else.Jon B.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:A small hometown company. We specialize in complete lawn care, storm clean up, yard clean up, light handyman work, light landscaping, light hauling, snow removal, snow plow services, firewood, gutter cleaning and gutter screen installation, and general labor. We provide services of all kind's designed to fit your wallet. All estimates are free. S&D Lawn Services has ben in business for 4 years. The company is owner operated with on call employees 24/7. Payment methods include all major credit..Recent Review:S&D lawn services originally bid me $10,500 for a retaining wall. After the work was started, they ended up eventually billing me $15,288.91, which was almost $5,000 over (50% over) his initial bid. In addition to the retaining wall, I hired Scott to also dig out a water line, place some drain tile, plant grass at my house, and dig some trampoline holes. This was an additional charge of $4,828.26. The total we were billed for EVERYTHING was $20,617.17. The first complaint I have is the water line job. Not only did he place the line incorrectly/not deep enough, but he lied to me about it and changed his story multiple times once most of the 200 feet was already buried and he was caught. When I confronted Scott about the water line not being deep enough, he did not own up to the mistake. He first tried to say that it was no big deal because he could just put insulating wrap around it and it would be fine. He then tried to claim that the shallow water line was MY FAULT. He claimed that I told him to grade the property and shave a foot off the depth of my soil after the water line was placed. This claim is false, but even if it was true, HE SHOULD HAVE REFUSED to grade the property WITHOUT TALKING TO ME ABOUT THE RISKS because it would have made the water line too shallow. There is no way I would have consented to a grading job if I knew it was going to cause my water line to freeze. The second complaint I will mention is the rental equipment. Scott rented equipment for weeks at a time, and many days that equipment just sat on our property unused. He later complained about the equipment rental costs and that I needed to give more money to cover it. This is one main reason why I had to pay significantly over the initial bid. The third complaint I have has to do with S&D’s professionalism at times. Scott raised his voice at me multiple times over phone, and even hung up on my wife one day when she asked him to keep one of his appointments. He would commit to working on certain dates/times, would not show up, and would not communicate as to why he didn’t show. Lastly, I have concerns over the competence in this company if the scope of the work is beyond lawn and tree work. As mentioned above, he didn't put in the water line to code, but he also wasn't backfilling the wall correctly either. In both cases I had to have another contractor tell me how to fix the problem. I ended up paying a total of $18,669.60 for S&D's jobs, and not a single one of the projects that I paid them for was ever completed. After almost four months of waiting, I had to just pay other people to finish everything. It was an incredible loss of time and money for meLance C.
- Business Description:We offer fast quality service & repair work for all your small engine needs. From tune-ups to major engine repairs. We work on anything with a small gas engine, residential & commercial- push mowers, riding mowers, snow blowers, tillers, edgers, chippers, generators, ect. Please give us a call or visit our web site for more informationRecent Review:I don't know how to choose a Rating because they never responded to my inquiry about service. I guess that's 'bad' even though they didn't do any work for me.Thomas R.
- Business Description:Projectquote connects homeowners with local service providersRecent Review:Tyler Horvath, the owner of Projectquote LLC, is a serial scammer in charge of running fake websites below that are scamming and deceiving and defrauding people across the country. They are typical phishing fraudulent websites with nothing more than a contact form for unsavvy victims to fill out. They are fake websites masquerading as contractors. They are just fake websites to scam you. Beware of these fake websites listed below. His full name is Tyler Benjamin Horvath and, based off his arrest record, he was born on June 3, 1986. He is associated with Overland Park, Kansas; Kansas City, Missouri; Leawood, Kansas; Lawrence, Kansas; and Manchester, Missouri. Tyler Horvath secretly works for HomeAdvisor. Tyler Horvath lives in Overland Park, Kansas, which is just 1 minute away from the HomeAdvisor office in Lenexa, Kansas. He is an ethically and morally bankrupt dirtbag who engages in affiliate marketing, the lowest form of marketing there is, he is the owner of Marijuana SEO, and he continues to scam and defraud countless people. They say to try calling and mailing Tyler Horvath, the owner of Projectquote LLC, at (913) 961-8446 and 6005 W 128th St, Overland Park, KS 66209, 5601 W 136th Terrace #105, Overland Park, KS 66224, and 14317 Manor Ct, Overland Park, KS 66224. No response. Tyler Horvath is a worthless lowlife internet spammer who scams people. He ought to man-up and find a real job. People would be stupid to stay close to him. He will drag everybody down with him. Tyler Horvath should be arrested and locked away in prison for the rest of his life for running such scams. If Tyler Horvath of Overland Park, KS had any brains and any decency, he'd cease and desist running these fraudulent websites immediately before he finds he's under investigation by the State Government(s) and the Office(s) of the Attorney General and receives a court summons. jensonbrothers.com ( Jenson Brothers ) wisestuccospros.com ( Wise Stucco Pros ) wiseeifs.com ( Wise EIFS ) wisesiding.com ( Wise Siding ) wisedrywallpros.com ( Wise Drywall Pros ) bucksiding.com ( Buck's Siding ) stuccorepairnow.com ( Stucco Repair Now ) jemstuccoservices.com ( JEM Stucco Services ) jemsiding.com ( JEM Siding ) jemwallservices.com ( JEM Wall Services ) jemdeckstaining.com ( JEM Deck Staining ) jweifssiding.com ( JW Eifs Siding ) drywallrepairnow.com ( Drywall Repair Pros ) brushmowingpros.com ( Brush Mowing Pros ) baseboardpaintingpros.com ( Baseboard Painting Pros ) eifspros.com ( EIFS Pros ) mwstuccopros.com ( MW Stucco Pros ) mwwindowcleaning.com ( MW Window Cleaning ) stuccoaces.com ( Stucco Aces ) stuccopaintingpro.com ( Stucco Painting Pro ) jeffsleafremoval.com ( Jeff's Leaf Removal ) firewoodfinder.org ( Firewood Finder ) deckstainingpros.com ( Deck Staining Pros ) foundationwaterproofingpro.com ( Foundation Waterproofing Pro ) powerhousesolar.net ( Power House Solar ) jointhomeservices.com ( Joint Home Services ) Documentation of the scam phishing websites that Tyler Horvath is in charge of: [*** Link removed ***] A Dropbox backup of the documentation of the scam phishing websites that Tyler Horvath is in charge of:: [*** Link removed ***Randall K.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
If your lawn mower will not start, it may have a clogged air filter or bad spark plug. A lawn mower repair pro walks through how to fix and avoid problems.
Reel lawn mowers make a comeback over power mowers thanks to their operating ease and affordability. Learn if a rotary mower is a smart choice for you.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- North Kansas City
- Roeland Park
- Sugar Creek
- Kansas City
- Mission Hills
- Prairie Village
- Lake Quivira
- Weatherby Lake
- Shawnee Mission
- Overland Park
lawn mower repair shops in Kansas City
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- AES LAWN PARTS1651 E KANSAS CITY RD
- AES LAWN PARTS
- Greenstone Lawn and Landscaping15505 E 48th Ter
Kansas City, Missouri
- Greenstone Lawn and Landscaping
- Icscom LLC8808 W 119th St
Overland Park, Kansas
- Icscom LLC
- MITCHELLS RENTAL YARD1400 S 4th St
- Mower Doctor22435 Quivira Rd
- Mr. Handyman of Lee's Summit, Raymore and Grandvie676 SE Bayberry Ln Ste 102
Lees Summit, Missouri
- MITCHELLS RENTAL YARD
- New Age Cleaning and Remodeling8427 Kessler
Overland Park, Kansas
- NORTHEAST LAWNMOWER SALES & SERVICE5616 ST JOHN AVE
Kansas City, Missouri
- Northern Tool + Equipment4023F S Noland Rd
- NORTHLAND FEED4807 N BRIGHTON AVE
Kansas City, Missouri
- Nuts and Bolts - Overland Park11200 Antioch Rd
Overland Park, Kansas
- New Age Cleaning and Remodeling
- QUALITY FABRICATIONS731 NE Swann Circle
Lees Summit, Missouri
- QUALITY FABRICATIONS
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- Reynolds Lawn & Leisure12902 Shawnee Mission Pkwy
Shawnee Mission, Kansas
- RICKS LAWNMOWER SALES & SVC INC26307 E COWHERD RD
Blue Springs, Missouri
- ROBERT'S SMALL ENGINE REPAIR916 S CRYSLER
- Ryan Lawn & Tree - Kansas City3007 E 85 St
Kansas City, Missouri
- RepairClinic.com Inc
- Wildwood Small Engine Repair Also Mobile 1502 NE Hardage Cir
Lees Summit, Missouri
- Wildwood Small Engine Repair Also Mobile