Radon is an invisible gas and every home is susceptible to it. Mitigation systems can significantly decrease the carcinogenic risks posed by radon.
Get matched with top radon inspectors in Houston, TX
There are 2 highly-rated local radon inspectors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Radon Mitigation Reviews in Houston
- ComfortSpecComfortSpec technician was punctual and professional. He answered many of the questions I posed and helped me understand areas in the home that might be deficient. His thoroughness is well appreciated.
- On Call Home InspectionsTom Langford did a great job, easy to talk to and a well documented report w photos included. Transmitted digitally too. He also pulled and dropped off a water sample for testing at a laboratory. Radon testing as well.
- Accredited Home Inspection Services LLCI accompanied him during his 4-hour inspection and he graciously answered numerous questions and voluntarily provided additional information that went above and beyond that typically provided by a home inspector. His report was very thorough (>40 pages with many representative photos) and was provided within 4 hours of the completion of the inspection. In addition, he was willing to provide additional information to my wife and I after our review of his report and did so in a very timely fashion
- Jack's RemodelingHe was phenominal. I give him a double A. He was incredible for all the work he did. Jack made it easy on me to. He saved receipts and we didn't have to do down payments. He made a very bad experience into a very good experience.
- Absolute Home Inspections LLCPerformed inspection and testing as requested in a timely fashion. Report was very thorough and helped us get our future home repairs done prior to purchase! I would highly recommend his services.
- AYERS & ASSOC REALTORSWhen we finally found the house we liked, we were willing to make a high offer but she told us that she could get us a better deal so we made a lower offer which was accepted. We were extremely happy with her and certainly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a realtor in the Houston area.
- Aadvanced AairWe did experience some of the issues described below - a bit of a lag between calls, etc. However, it didn't really bother me for some reason. Now, Krogers, Meijers, my credit card companies, etc., they are 24/7 companies, so I have different expectations. This is a small company run by a guy who's frequently out in the field. If I didn't get a call back, I just called the next morning and dealt with a pleasant person. System was installed - poor guys set off the alarm (a problem with the real estate company not communicating, not theirs), and this slowed them down, but they didn't say a word about it (we found out from the neighbors). Anyway, system seamlessly installed. They came back to check. Pretty smooth
- ELLIOTT & ASSOCIATES INCAs required by Illinois law, all homes must now be tested for radon when sold. Our house is on the market, so we had a radon test performed per the relocation company's request. Levels in one portion of the basement were approx. 5.2. EPA recommends less than 4.0. Called out Elliott and assoc. per the realtors recommendation and received a quote within a day, work was performed within the week. Gentleman that gave me the quote even admitted that if the test would have been performed in the summer, we would have passed and not be out the almost 1000 dollars for radon abatement. Work only took 2 hours, instead of the 1-2 days quoted. Some mess left behind (ends of caulk tubes, etc) and there was confusion about them taking credit cards, (they said yes, but did not mention the 20 dollar service fee)but a check was mailed to them the next day
- Preferred Home Inspections IncSpoke with the owner to set my appointment on the Thursday before the Tuesday appointment. On Monday I learned that he canceled my appointment because I did not return his confirmation call immediately (I returned it three hours later). This surprised me since we just set the appointment a few days earlier (at minimum it is a strange business practice). We set the appointment for later in the the same evening - 5 PM. 90 minutes after the appointment time we had not heard from them. Not even a courtesy call. We called the next best Angie's list member with high rankings and found they offer a similar service for about 40% less. I am giving them a C because I am assuming this was a rare scheduling issue as their other reviews are great
Last update on July 1, 2021
Radon Testing Companies in Houston
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful radon testing company articles
Did you know mold, radon, lead or asbestos may be hiding in your home and making you sick? Read these tips to locate and rid your home of these health hazards.
A Cleveland-area member grew concerned about the presence of radon in his home after tests found high levels of the gas in his neighbor’s house.
Find radon inspectors in
- West University Place,
- Southside Place,
- Spring Valley Village,
- Hedwig Village,
- Bunker Hill Village,
- Piney Point,
- Hunters Creek,
- Jacinto City,
- Galena Park,
- South Houston,
- Jersey Village,
- Meadows Place,
- Brookside Village,
- Deer Park,
- Missouri City,
- Sugar Land,
radon inspectors in Houston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Buyers Protection Group (BPG)4300 Alexander Drive Ste 200
Alpharetta, Georgia 30022
- Buyers Protection Group (BPG)
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
Leominster, Massachusetts 01453
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- GreenWorks Inspections & Engineering600 N PEARL ST
Dallas, Texas 75201
- GreenWorks Inspections & Engineering
- Texas Country Inspection, LLCPO BOX 771
Warren, Texas 77664
- Texas Country Inspection, LLC