Get matched with top antique appraisers in Houston, TX
There are 3 highly-rated local antique appraisers.
Matching on Angi
Share some details about your home project.
Within moments, match with highly-rated local Pros.
Compare quotes and choose the best Pro for the job.
Recent Jewelry Appraising Reviews in Houston
- MEYERLAND JEWELERSMy son's fiancee and I met at the store just 30 minutes before closing. I had phoned that day, got the price for appraisal with paperwork for insurance purposes and was gjven a guote way below every web site quote she was gjven. I was told the paperwork might take an extra day, which was fine. The owner did the appraisal himself and went ahead and completed the appropriate paperwork the same evening. He was pleasant, professional and focused. He gave my son's fiancee his full attention, treating her with respect
- Eve's Custom JewelryShe really knows what she's doing when it comes to jewelry. I took a pendant that I bought from Jared's and the stone fell out. Jared's repaired it by gluing it back in and it fell out again. The setting couldn't hold the stone and it was just designed poorly. I took it to Eve's and she made a new setting for the stone and replaced the lost stone. It looks beautiful. I definitely think she is a master at what she does and she takes care and makes her jewelry with quality. I don't think I would have had this problem if I had bought the pendant at Eve's to begin with. My husband and I are impressed and plan to make any future jewelry purchases or repairs at Eve's
- Correll JewelersI did some extensive research online before I decided to go to Correll Jewelers. I live downtown, so it wasn't close, but the experience was definitely worth the drive. Mr. Correll was excellent and provided outstanding service. He was thorough and fully explained the potential repairs that could be done to an antique piece of costume jewelry. He resized both rings and cleaned them; one of them looked like a completely new piece of jewelry! His appraisal of my grandmother's ring was detailed and thorough. In addition, almost everything was done in a single day! All in, my bill was $265, which I thought was very reasonable considering the amount of work that needed to be done. If I ever need any jewelry serviced in the future, I will be making the drive back to north Houston to visit Correll Jewelers
- Correll JewelersThe owner is very fair and I trust him - I shopped around quite extensively before coming to Correll Jewelry and he was the only one that told me the truth about the pros and cons of fixing my piece of jewelry. I put in a dollar amount for the appraisal because this site forced me to enter in an amount. I believe the Owner charges appraisals according to the AMOUNT of items being appraised and WHAT is being appraised. Some appraisals take longer because he has to do extensive research on some stones, etc to make sure that he is giving you an accurate and fair price. I will definitely do business again with this Jeweler and highly recommend him! Oh, my brother also used him recently to do some custom engraving on an expensive Tiffany piece of jewelry for a gift. He did a great job
- MEYERLAND JEWELERSI called ahead, and they suggested I come earlier in the day. I went at 11am on a Wed., and my rings were appraised right away, while I waited. It took about an hour for 4 rings, and the appraisal values were what I had expected. The report prepared is great, nicely put together and includes photos of the jewelry. The cost was $75 per item, which seemed a little high. I would recommend them
- BANKS INTERNATIONAL JEWELRYVery well. The appraisal and terminology were explained to me and I felt comfortable that I knew the quality and value of the diamonds in the ring when I left.
- Lyn Huck Estate & Appraisal ServicesShe was very honest and understood the sensitiveness of selling our personal property. She was pretty accurate when assigning prices to my antiques.
- Jewelry Appraisal ServicesProfessional, courteous, reasonably priced - able to offer a variety of jewelry services in addition to appraising in a custom setting
- JOHN FORD JEWELERSThey are excellent in repairs and appraisals as well as they have all nice jewelry. All first, their security is optimized. A telephone appointment is a good idea so they have security. They have excellent service and excellent security but it is not a great, big, open, wide, store, but a small store with high-end things. They are prompt. They give excellent appraisers. Everything is excellent
- Correll JewelersAbsolutely Wonderful. Very happy with the service, quality of the work, and knowledge the owner has about his industry, and workmanship. Not to mention the fact that all the work is done right there on the spot. He does not ship off to someone else, and take weeks to get it back. This guy truly knows what he is doing, and does a great job at it. Thank you again :
Last update on November 20, 2016
Jewelry Appraisers in Houston
David Oriental Rugs provide a full range of services and oriental rug repair such as appraisal, cleaning, and restoration to care for all kinds of Persian rugs, oriental rugs, Antique rugs, Oushak rugs, Tabriz rugs, Silk rugs and Wool handmade rugs, Karastan rugs, Indo-Persian, Hooked, Braided, Kilim, Soumaks, Antique Heriz, Serapi, and many more in the Greater Houston area. Whatever your style, whatever your price point, you'll find the perfect Oriental Persian rug for you home in our Orient..
"Hand an amazing experience at David's Rug store. Went in to have some rugs cleaned which by the way came out amazing, but not only did they do a wonderful job cleaning my rugs, they also were able to sell us some beautiful Modern Rugs. The current rugs that we had were older and more traditional but we were looking to upgrade to newer colors. Their showroom is massive! Entire second floor which was a surprise to us. Everything was so neat and organized which made it very easy for us to find exactly what we wanted. David and his team were so professional, kind and patient with us. We are so glad we found this place to make it our go to rug store. Make sure you DO visit if you are in the market to clean your area rugs or buy a beautiful hand made rug! Thank you again David.
Johnson, Inc. (a Numismatics co.), Nationally known, specializes in Coins, Currency, and Gold & Silver bullion items. We have two categories of service: Online Face to Face personalized service or In-Home for Florida residents. Estate acquisitions and trusts is our specialty. Our ONLINE APPRAISAL Service allows your items and our specialty to meet face to face regardless of distance. We back all our services up with your guaranteed satisfaction! Call or schedule your services today
"Suzzanne is a wonderful find; I cannot recommend her highly enough. I purchased the service and then ended up not using it for several months. She was extremely patient, did not rush me at all, and honored the purchase even though it had been almost 6 months. She is extremely pleasant and cheerful, and made a tedious task much easier. She mailed out a kit to me in advance with materials that we might need for the appraisal, including a magnifying glass. This was very helpful and there was no additional charge for the kit. Suzzanne's schedule was very flexible; she worked with me to find a time that was convenient for me. She did not have rigid work hours but instead said that she could even be available for an evening video conference if needed. During the appraisal, she was very patient and easy to talk to. The full service took about 2 hours for what was (to me) a rather large collection. She was patient during the call when I needed a few minutes to get reorganized, etc. She was obviously quite knowledgeable about currency, asking very specific questions about certain coins, etc. (E.g., "On the back of that coin, under the eagle, is there a letter 's'?") I requested that the appraisal be broken into four groups and she readily accommodated that request. She completed her appraisal and provided it to me within less than 24 hours (more like 12 hours, really). She offered to talk to me either by email, phone, or additional video conference to answer any questions I might have about the appraisal. I am extremely pleased that I found Suzzanne through Angie's List and recommend her services without reservation.
We are a national appraisal association of 300 members. We appraise antiques and art. Some members are dealers and gallery owners but all of us are anxious to serve you. Check our websites http://www.newenglandappraisers.org (click) "Find an Appraiser" for names and phone numbers of our members.
"I was considering selling some silver flatware I inherited. I was unsure of some local antique shops. I calling this business (NEAA) after finding them on Angie's List. I talked to a guy named Ed Tuten. I was very impressed with the amount of time Ed spent with me on the phone. He gave me several tips and advice on how to prevent getting ripped off by any unscrupulous buyers. He referred me to a lady he knows in Florida (where I live). She ended up referring me to someone in my town. I still don't know if I will sell anything, but I feel I know a lot more about how to go about it after talking to Ed. His advice was very much appreciated! <br />
Whether you're selling a diamond engagement ring, your mother’s Tiffany jewelry, Your father's Gold & Silver Coin collection, or it's time to sell a Rolex watch you no longer wear, we'll appraise your jewelry for its highest worth, then make you an offer you can’t refuse. At Global, we make selling your jewelry, diamonds and gold valuables an honest, private and free experience via free mail-in service via FedEx insured overnight shipping
"During the holidays I was given antique pieces of fine jewelry that were heirlooms and in my family for several generations. My husband and I really weren't sure where to start in evaluating what do with them as far as selling them or keeping them and we really didn't even know what the quality was, we just knew they were old. <br /> We found a few other places that told us they were real gold, and we could sell them and have them melted down and be paid based on the total gold amount. I just didn't feel right about having these items melted, they felt like they were worth more than just gold- 2 gorgeous antique broches and a watch. <br /> We found Global Gold and silver online and set up an appointment with Steve.. It felt like he appreciated the items for more than just their value in ct wt of gold and educated us on where they were from. Because of their age, he also told us they may not be melted down and that they may be able to be resold at auction or in the marketplace which made us feel a lot better about moving forward. <br /> We sold the items to them at what we feel was a very fair negotiated rate which was above everyone else's price and left feeling comfortable that our family's antiques were left in good hands. We definitely recommend. <br />
Worstell Auction Company (WAC) is a full service, third generation auction company excelling in live, on-site, and on-line auctions. We continually exceed our client’s expectations while building long-term business relationships. Our aggressive marketing strategies and cutting edge web technology, combined with old fashioned grass roots advertising insures our seller’s strong results. Strategically located adjacent to Hobby Airport, our 11 acre, secured auction facility, with 50,000 squa..
Retail jewelry store with emphasis on custom design, re-design and repair/restoration of all types of jewelry. First Saturday of every month 10am to 2pm. Closed all other Saturdays.
"Jan has been our jeweler for over 10 years. We have purchased lovely, unique pieces from her...pearls (a speciality of hers), gemstones, and costume jewelry...rings, necklaces, bracelets. She has designed beautiful custom pendants and rings for me, and for family members. I have always been quite satisfied with her service and recommend her highly.
Established in 2012. We have been helping people trade their unwanted jewelry for Cash!! We are family owned and have been in business since 2012!! We are honest and professional! We treat all our customers with the utmost respect!
Knowledge and Experience you can trust. Over 58 years in the jewelry industry. We appraise all types of jewelry from all time periods including fine watches. Appraisals while you watch and wait. We do not buy or sell jewelry. Trust your jeweler, but verify with an independent opinion.
Houston Estate Sales can liquidate the contents of a home or business.
"Valerie was referred to me by another estate sale person that couldn't do my estate sale. She came out and viewed all of the contents of the home. She gave me an estimate that the contents should bring a total sale of app. $10,000. We signed a contract and she and her staff began working and preparing for the sale within a week. <br /> My mom and dad <strong>did not have a lot of antiques or high priced items. </strong>This was a sale made up of a lot of small items. <strong> Valerie and her crew spent over 300 hours preparing for this sale. </strong>She advertised it in the local http://estatesales.net as well as her own website. She took and displayed a lot of pictures on the two websites. <br /> She had a preview day on Thursday for her VIP customers and e-mail list. Friday and Saturday were for everyone else. Besides advertising on the websites, she put out l <strong>ots of signs near the house. She takes cash and credit cards (a must) </strong>for the drive-by customers. She had all exits of the house sealed off except the front door. This prevented any "leakage" out those exits. She had plenty of staff (men and women) to run the sale. She had almost all things priced; except for the very inexpensive items where she had a display sign with the amount. <br /> When the sale was complete, it brought in app. $12,000 and 90% of the items sold. Valerie and I were both surprised. The first two days everything is full price. Third day is 25% off (before noon) and 50% off (after noon). Everything was very streamline. <br /> <strong>If you are thinking of doing your own estate sale---DON'T DO IT! </strong> <br /> Valerie's pricing expertise, e-mail list of followers and knowledge of how to run an effective sale is priceless. And she charged 40% for all her efforts. Money well spent! Do yourself a favor and let her and her team do the work. You won't be sorry. I would definitely use Junkhound Sally (Valerie) again. <br />
We have financing available. We are both Graduate Gemologists with the GIA and Certified Gemologists appraisers with American Gem Society
Family owned and operated. We take pride on every piece we repair and create and we offer a 1 year guarantee on repairs and a lifetime warranty on custom work.
We are a 10 employee buisness and growing. We do a great job of getting your items sold to a world market.
Family owned and operated pawn shop offering loans to consumers for 10% per month. We offer a full service jewelry buying and repair service to include watch repairs. We are a full service brick and mortar operation in Sugar Land that is A+ rated with the Better Business Bureau.
Lemons Auctioneers, LLP. is a full time Live and Online auction company. We are experts in the live and online industry liquidating assets for Oil Company's, Business Liquidations, Governmental Agencies and Specialty Industries. We have 6 professional and experienced full time employees who conduct various duties within our industry. Our auctioneers all have numerous years of experience in the auction industry. All auction proceeds are received in an escrow account and dispersed to the Se..
Professional appraisals of fine art for insurance, damage and loss, charitable donations, estate and gift taxes, probate, bankruptcy and equitable distribution purposes. Expert witness testimony, review appraisals in fine art legal cases. Certified appraiser by the Appraisers Association of America, Accredited member of the International Society of Appraisers & USPAP compliant
Give us a call now at (855) 217-8675 in Houston, TX, and have fun discovering our vintage clothing line and other vintage items!
Uncompromising quality and integrity in all of your precious metals purchases and sales. Specializing in gold & silver bullion. Avoid gold and silver retailers selling you their inventory at high premiums! We pay top prices for jewelry, sterling, diamonds and watches! Fisher Precious Metals is a national gold and silver dealer. Listed as a national dealer with the United States Mint, Fisher Precious Metals is a trusted resource for gold and silver coins and bars. Established in 1995, the firm..
"I dealt directly with John Fisher and I was treated with respect and courtesy. My purchase was small but John spent a great deal of time with me to answer all my questions. John knows as much about the previous metals market as anyone I have met. I would recommend Fisher Precious Metals without reservation. Their prices are fair and they are very responsive. It is nice to find someone you can trust in this business.
Fine Art Restoration. From light to heavy cleanings, paint loss restore, patching of holes or re-lining, fire and water damage and more.
"She really knows what she's doing when it comes to jewelry. I took a pendant that I bought from Jared's and the stone fell out. Jared's repaired it by gluing it back in and it fell out again. The setting couldn't hold the stone and it was just designed poorly. I took it to Eve's and she made a new setting for the stone and replaced the lost stone. It looks beautiful. I definitely think she is a master at what she does and she takes care and makes her jewelry with quality. I don't think I would have had this problem if I had bought the pendant at Eve's to begin with. My husband and I are impressed and plan to make any future jewelry purchases or repairs at Eve's.
See all 3 highly rated companies in HoustonJoin Angi now
Find antique appraisers in
- West University Place,
- Southside Place,
- Spring Valley Village,
- Bunker Hill Village,
- Hedwig Village,
- Piney Point,
- Hunters Creek,
- Jacinto City,
- Galena Park,
- South Houston,
- Jersey Village,
- Meadows Place,
- Brookside Village,
- Deer Park,
- Missouri City,
- Sugar Land,
antique appraisers in Houston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Andrew Jewelry12117 Jones Rd.
Houston, Texas 77070
- Bagdad Oriental Rugs5869 Westheimer Rd
Houston, Texas 77057
- BANKS INTERNATIONAL JEWELRY17101 Kuykendahl Rd Ste 255
Houston, Texas 77068
- Compass Rose Estate Sales & Appraisals300 St. Joseph Pkwy #417
Houston, Texas 77002
- David Oriental Rugs3221 Fondren Rd
Houston, Texas 77063
- Eve's Custom Jewelry1109 Bay Area Blvd Ste A
Houston, Texas 77058
- LEWIS & MAESE AUCTION CO1505 Sawyer St
Houston, Texas 77007
- Andrew Jewelry
- ASHLY FINE RUGS20425 Katy Fwy Ste 300
Katy, Texas 77450
- ASHLY FINE RUGS
- Global Gold and Silver7 W 45th St Ste # 1200
New York, New York 10036
- Global Gold and Silver
- Johnson Inc Gold & Coin Collection Buyers7853 Gunn Hwy. #189
Tampa, Florida 33626
- Johnson Inc Gold & Coin Collection Buyers
- New England Appraisers Assoc6973 Crestridge Road
Memphis, Tennessee 38119
- New England Appraisers Assoc
- White Morpha LLC3864 Hwy 290E
Paige, Texas 78659
- White Morpha LLC