Solar pool heaters warm your pool in cool weather without the hefty operational costs and energy bills that come with a traditional pool heater—that's worth a cannonball.
Get matched with top swimming pool companies in Birmingham, AL
There are 2 highly-rated local swimming pool companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Pool Installers Reviews in Birmingham
- Stone PoolsI was very pleased with his work. He was very expensive still but he did do a very good job. He also stained my deck. The pricing for me was high but he backed it up with the work. I don't mind paying the price if you do the work. The painting, the guy that does the painting was awesome. He was very good. I would use him again
- All About Pools of AlabamaThe weather held things up some. Chris Johnston was in frequent contact and was on the spot when he said he would be. His work is excellent. There is not one wrinkle in the liner and the bottom is smoother than it was previously.
- All About Pools of AlabamaPrompt, efficient and professional! Will use this Company for all my above ground pool services!!!
- EARL's SPAS & POOLSUnprofessional company that I will NEVER recommend to anyone. I understand that they are busy but it’s clear they don’t want people’s business. He came out 6 weeks ago to write up a quote and told me I’d have it in two days. As the weeks went by josh was completely unresponsive to my multiple requests for an update. He twice answered the phone and swore I must’ve lost the email and promised to have the quote to me that day. Once again I never got it. If your too good to do my $100k project then good for you, but be a man and tell me. Don’t continually waste my time. I have no respect for this guy or his company. You can’t trust his word and if you can’t trust his word you can’t trust anything about them. Run far away from them
- Wheeler PoolsThey told us they would be done in 6 weeks. They drank beer while on the job. Regardless of what time they showed up they left at 1 o’clock every day. They were going to dig the hole, put in concrete, do electrical work, and do the entire job from start to finish. They argued the fact that we didn’t pay for the landscaping and wanted another check. We gave them another payment and they said that they would come back and completely finish the job. They never showed and just started to ignore my phone calls. They didn’t finish the job and we had cracks in our concrete. We ended up having to hire another person to finish the job correctly. We went with them because they gave us a good price
- Pell City Pool, Spa's & Patiothe company subbed out the concrete work in the bottom, we had tons of sand in our yard they tried to wash away with a water hose. so it didn't start out well. they showed up on different days from scheduled, different times too, they also went in by removing the gate from the frame twice and left it open. not very professional. this process lasted several months start to finish. the person who presented herself as the owner kept telling my husband "don't worry, we will make you happy" . we were right to worry. they sold us Hayward brand skimmers and installed Waterway brand. we do not have the model number to even buy spare parts for the waterway skimmers without pulling them out of the concrete. they cut the top off the liner to make it "fit " now if the top coping is leveled, it would not fit. overall: the liner does not fit correctly in the corners or across the top under the coping, the steps still move, the skimmers were not installed level to one another and are the wrong brand. we gave them ample opportunity to make this right, but no corrections were made, exc for the ring on the steps
- Blue Haven PoolsTheir services were lousy, I wouldn’t recommend them for anything. Things weren’t done the way they were supposed to be and when they were supposed to be. We had the tile on the back wall replaced, and the workmanship was not good.
- Stone PoolsMy experience with them ended up terrible, because he has not come back and fixed my pool yet. He is not trustworthy. I have been trying to get him back ever since. He calls me and says he is coming and never comes. The pump he put in was pumping good until it stopped pumping, it was not coming up anymore. Because it was leaking, they came back and resealed the bottom of it and it still was leaking and the pump was not working. I even went to a lawyer and the lawyer called him and talked with him, and he promised the lawyer and me to come in at the end of summer and here it is we are going into spring. I got him from the phonebook. When I first called him, he came out and he showed me some pictures of some of his work and then quoted the price. The reason I had put his name on the list is because I thought he had done a good job until a couple of days later when it started leaking again. I would like to tell other members "do not trust him.
Swimming Pool Companies in Birmingham
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated company serving the community for over 40 years. Our goal is to make you happy, so you'll think of us again when you need us and refer your friends and family to us in the future. We strive to gain your trust and build an ongoing relationship with our customers. Call B & J Pools, LLC, today! Financing AvailableRecent Review:B & J Pools installed us an in-ground pool late last year. They do great work. I would recommend them to anyone. Stayed on the timeline they presented and completed the pool on time. We love our pool and kids have been in it everyday this summer. Highly recommend B&J pools.Dan C.
- Business Description:DSLD Land Management is a full service design/build landscape contractor firm located in Birmingham, AL. We are a family owned and operated company and pride ourselves in exceptional quality workmanship, consistently exceeding the expectations of our clients. During our initial consultation all on site factors are considered from function to form, with special emphasis given to economy and value added workRecent Review:We hired DSLD about a year and a half ago to do some landscaping, hardscaping, and repair of damaged sidewalks and curbs. We needed some plantings on a hard-to-access hillside because we had a problem with weeds on the barren landscape there. The bid also included cutting down a couple of small trees on the hillside. We had a 3-feet diameter transient pool of standing water in the backyard, and had some broken sidewalks and curbs. We thought his price was high, but we were rather desperate to get our problem solved efficiently and thought he would deliver. We didn't do our due diligence, which is entirely on us. I should have recognized that we were not off to a good start when I stated I wanted a day or two to think about the proposal and he added pressure to sign the agreement that day, which we ended up doing. His team of workers for the landscaping portion, which included at least one of his sons, were efficient, pleasant, responsive, and professional. They did what was proposed, and some of the work was ultimately very helpful (the subterranean drain eliminated a 3-yard diameter pool of water in the back yard) and/or structurally sound (e.g., storm drain covers no longer fall into the drains). However, some of the work didn't accomplish what we stated we wanted. For example, they cut down a couple of small trees at ground level; the trees almost immediately grew back, requiring us to spend even more time on the precarious hillside to deal with them. David suggested we chop it up, add root killer, etc., but the whole point of paying him 50K was for him to get rid of the tree. It was our understanding that he was going to install a weed barrier on the hillside. When we inquired about the barrier during the course of the work, he told us that was not appropriate to install a physical barrier on the hillside; he said he would go back and spray something to help with weeds. This was surprising to us, since there had been a physical barrier there in the past and he didn't tell us he wasn't planning to install one this time. Millions more weeds grew back amongst the tiny plantings he installed; when we inquired, he suggested that we should get out there and weed the hillside for a few years until the plantings fill in and its longer necessary. 1.5 years later, we are still drowning in weeds. While I understand that it takes time for plantings to grow, the frustrating part is that none of this was communicated in advance when we were sharing our problems and the solution we wanted. The sidewalks and curbs were a big part of the job; unfortunately, they don't look good to me. We found out later that David hired someone he hadn't worked with before to do the sidewalk repairs; the job was totally unsatisfactory to us and to David. To address the terrible work, David's team revised the work and did improve the situation, but I think it really should have been entirely redone. I am still not happy with the sidewalk and curbs. I hoped that somehow it would get better over time, hence the delay in posting this review. Also, I was concerned about the bright white concrete he used to smooth over the steps of our historic home. The pictures below show how it looks one and one-half years later, as I hoped it would mellow over time as he said it would. It has, but I still think this job is inappropriate for the setting and I wish I'd understood more about how this would really look. As I walk around our neighborhood and see my neighbors' sidewalks and other hardscaping, it underscores my belief that DSLD did poor work on the key hardscaping elements, and failed to either understand or know now to adequately address some of concerns. A couple of months ago, we asked David to come back out to reevaluate the work on the sidewalks and curbs, and the very small hardscape patio where he added concrete between the stones, which were cracked within a short time. He said the curbs were chipped due to cars hitting them, and that he could superficially repair them but that the problem would recur and the color wouldn't match. While I believe that cars hit them, I don't believe the damage had nothing to do with the way the curb was built. I could be wrong about this; I am not a curb builder. In the end, we spent $50K of our hard-earned dollars for what I think is worth about 10-15K at the most--I'm really glad that a few parts of the job were helpful. I've had lots of work done around our home that was performed by a wide variety of contractors, including a large interior remodel. In the case of DSLD, I believe that we overpaid for suboptimal work. Going forward, I will require a line-by-line proposal, with each item very clearly defined and I will obtain at least two bidsMartha Anne R.
- Business Description:Clearwater Pools & Spas is a family owned and operated business. Andy Lockhart and Jim Collier opened Clearwater Pools & Spas in 1981. Our number one goal at Clearwater Pools & Spas is customer satisfaction. A pool is an enjoyable experience, and Clearwater wants to make sure you enjoy it
- Business Description:American Tubs designs and manufactures a complete line of premium quality Walk-In Bathtubs that are ideal for people with Limited Mobility, Seniors, Disabled and people with pain, arthritis, stress and other debilitating conditions
- Business Description:15 EMPLOYEES. IN-HOUSE POOL RENOVATIONS. COST DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES.Recent Review:Started out well. Completed 95% quickly. Noticed immediately that pool was leaking and that the filter and vacuum pipes had not been installed correctly (not sealed). It took over one year for them to come back and repair! We also purchased/ordered a diving board which took 6 months to get them to come back and install. If you don't live in Birmingham don't bother calling this company. They made lots of promises and sounded eager to do business with us even though we were not located in Birmingham. They failed at keeping their wordAnn N.
- Business Description:adding a new pool or spa to your backyard can be one of the most rewarding and healthful decisions a family can make. The memories created by owning a pool or spa are priceless and irreplaceable. With Earl s, creating your own personal paradise has never been easier. Serving the residents of Alabama since 1973, our commitment to excellence has earned us the reputation for hard work, integrity, and superior customer service. Our staff has many years of experience and look forward to assisting ..Recent Review:The installation of the pool and spa was great but the concrete on the decking has several rough spots and 3 months after installation it cracked in a few places. They did a great job on the stone work. We had a landscape architect draw up our plans and Earl's was a little difficult in working with his plans. I did get very frustrated during the process because several times Earl's would not show up for several days at a time and they did not call to tell me they were not coming. Communication was not the best. It has been several years now and the pool is fantastic! We love it! Hopefully over the past few years they have gotten better at showing up and communicatingJohn D.
- Business Description:Construction and Management Solutions, LLC specializes, in Home Remodeling, Restoration,Water mitigation and Damage Repairs.
- Business Description:Our one piece in-ground fiberglass swimming pools are constructed using only the most proven gel coats and vinyl ester resins available. This, combined with an average thickness that is greater than industry standards, allows us to produce what we believe is one of the strongest and most reliable in-ground fiberglass swimming pools on the market today. Our confidence in our fiberglass swimming pools is backed by our Lifetime Warranty, in addition to a 10 year non-prorated internal finish warr..
- Recent Review:The weather held things up some. Chris Johnston was in frequent contact and was on the spot when he said he would be. His work is excellent. There is not one wrinkle in the liner and the bottom is smoother than it was previously. <br /R Chris D.
- Business Description:Sharp Remodeling Birmingham is a State Licensed Home Builder Remodeler. We've Built and Remodeled in Birmingham since 1986. We have sub-contractors and regularly hired employees. We design kitchens and bathrooms using our state of the art 3D software. Sharp Remodeling Specialty Birmingham is your home improvement company. We do it all. We remodel, install, tear out, we offer granite, marble, all wood kitchen and bathroom cabinets, paint, repair, we do electrical, plumbing, and pour driv..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful Swimming Pool Company articles
An above-ground pool is a more affordable way to splash your way through summer, but it still has expenses. Find out your potential above-ground pool cost here.
Removing a hot tub typically costs a few hundred dollars. Rates for moving hot tubs vary based on the hot tub’s size, installation method, and where you’re moving it to.
Find swimming pool companies in
swimming pool companies in Birmingham
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Cox Pools Service, Inc3616 5th Ave S
Birmingham, Alabama 35222
- Cox Pools Service, Inc
- DSLD LAND MANAGEMENT CO1178 Dunnavant Valley Rd
Birmingham, Alabama 35242
- DSLD LAND MANAGEMENT CO
- Elite Pool Services3974 Lorna Rd
Birmingham, Alabama 35244
- Elite Pool Services
- Hollywood Pools1441 Montgomery Hwy
Birmingham, Alabama 35216
- Hollywood Pools
- Quality Creative Landscaping6104 Old Quarry Rd
Birmingham, Alabama 35235
- Quality Creative Landscaping