Whether you’re looking to buy, sell, or refinance, you’ll need a good home appraiser. We’ll show you what to look for when hiring a home appraiser.
Get matched with top antique appraisers in Baltimore, MD
There are 5 highly-rated local antique appraisers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Jewelry Appraising Reviews in Baltimore
- Vincent Lash & CoVincent Lash has years of professional experience in the jewelry and silver business and appraisal business. He does not buy items, only appraises them for complete confidence in the integrity of his appraisal. He has modern tools to give exact or close to exact information on the metals composition in the silver and the quality and age of the items. He is also a published author of several books involving jewelry, He took his time examining and explaining our pieces and provided a written appraisal within 2 days - over a weekend! We thoroughly enjoyed our time with Vincent Lash and feel totally confident in his appraisal and advice
- Danielle Broussard AppraisalsDanielle was great she couldn't help me as it was not in her expertise, but she tried to still help the best she could.
- Vincent Lash & CoVincent Lash is a jewelry detective extrodinarie. With his excellent professional training, state of the art equipment (a portable electro spectrometer! which determines metal content), years of experience with gem stones, diamonds and pearls, and his keen eye, Vincent is the perfect person to go to when having your fine jewelry appraised. In the past my jewelry had been appraised by long established, reputable jewelers, but Vincent found discrepancies in my paperwork, such as mis-counted stones and Mikimoto Pearls that were NOT Mikimoto Pearls! Vincent requests that you bring your jewelry paperwork. While showing Vincent a pair of “Mikimoto Pearl” earrings with the corresponding paperwork, from a VERY reputable jewelry store in Ann Arbor MI, Vincent took one look at the pearls and said “those are not Mikimoto”. Even with the paperwork, he did not waver. We went back to that jewelry store the following week and showed them the “Mikimoto Pearls” and paperwork and told them about Vincent’s recent statement. At first they seemed confused because the original Mikimoto hardware had been changed and apparently that is where Mikimoto marks their jewelry, while Vincent had noticed the missing hardware as well, Vincent had also noticed the subpar quality of the pearls. I called Vincent on the phone, from the jewelry store in Ann Arbor and while on speakerphone, Vincent explained that he had noticed the hardware issue, but Vincent was insistent that the pearls were not Mikimoto (‘A’ quality 1998). Vincent said “maybe older Mikimoto pearls from the 1950’s”. Immediately, after the call with Vincent and because Vincent was so well informed, no questions were asked, we were given a new pair of ‘A’ quality Mikimoto Pearls! As an extra bonus, when we went to pick up the earrings, they had also given back the older pearls. Now, thanks to Vincent we really do have ‘A’ quality Mikimoto Pearl earrings! Vincent’s appraisals are very reasonable, and well worth the expense. Granted, my original 5 pieces of jewelry, turned into 25! But I appraisals for jewelry I had not previously known were valuable. I had a dirty, dingy chain holding a huge 1970’s peace symbol, Vincent saw the piece and asked to see the chain. He put it into his electro spectrometer and we discovered it was a 14k gold chain worth over $2300! It is for these reasons I call Vincent Lash the jewelry detective
- Vincent Lash & CoVincent Lash is amazing !! Very professional and individualized Service ! This was the second time we have needed his service and it was consistently excellent. Thank you Vincent
- Vincent Lash & CoHe was exceptionally professional, skilled, thorough, and detail-oriented, while at the same time being equally personable, attentive, good-humored, and very comfortable to work with. Vince explained everything clearly and worked out a flexible payment plan that worked for us. The service he provided was clearly a financial investment, but it was well worth it. With his appraisals, we are now able to appropriately insure our belongings, providing us with reassurance and peace of mind
- Vincent Lash & CoI highly recommend Vincent Lash for jewelry appraisal. Mr. Lash is highly qualified, experienced and extremely detail oriented when it comes to the jewelry appraisal process. I received exceptional service and a very detailed and descriptive appraisal which included: high quality photographs under magnification, silver and gold analysis, precise measurements and weights and overall gemstone quality evaluation. Thanks Vince
- Vincent Lash & CoVincent has all of the state of the art appraisal equipment. He analyzes the pieces while you watch, the jewelry is never out of your site, compared to some companies that want to send your piece out to an appraiser. If the piece is an older piece he will even tell you the history of the type of jewelry- so you learn about it as well. He photographs it with a high end camera and photographs it next to a ruler so the photo and the size of the item are side by side. He provides a very detailed description. Because I have seen a number of appraisals from all types of places, I can attest to the fact that the quality and thoroughness of Vincent's appraisals far exceed what you are provided even from an established jewelry store. He takes pride in his work and it shows. He may not finish the full appraisal while you are there because of the price of some precious metals fluctuate he utilizes his industry resources to compile the most accurate pricing. He will email you the finished full color appraisal in a non-editable format . Being cognizant of theft he does not include the owners address on the document, only their name. He has a special program to have your jewelry reappraised in the future as values increase/decrease. He loves what he does and it shows in his interest. He is professional, smart and knowledgeable about his field. There may be times that a client is disappointed in the value of their item and challenge him but he can back up his appraisal with a reasonable and clear explanation. I think all of us know that buying jewelry in a jewelry store or a foreign country leaves room for markup. Vincent is accountable to the client, not the jewelry seller so I am confident that he provides the accurate assessment , even if sometimes that may be a disappointment to the client . He handles those kinds of disappointments with class and grace . I believe there have been times that he has discovered that a trusted jeweler has been less than forthright . HIs appraisals will arm the client with credible ammunition if they were treated improperly by their seller. Vincent is very client centered in his approach and if a client has 10 or more pieces , he will appraise in the privacy and convenience of their home. If a client has one or two pieces or less than 10 you can ask his schedule as he regularly visits insurance agents offices- at their invitation- and he can appraise at an agency in your local area. He travels as far as Virginia I have held a number of jewelry appraisal fundraisers, and even adding an additional premium to the appraisal, his rates are far below the rates of local jewelers. One day I called about 5 different jewelers and found they had prices ranging from the lowest of $80 to the highest which was a percentage of the value of the item! Many of them needed to send it out to an appraiser. Vincent is always willing to speak to groups about jewelry and he is very entertaining. I absolutely recommend him even as a second opinion on a piece of new jewelry, certainly to appraise older jewelry and I have also used him to appraise clocks. I have clients that have used him to appraise jewelry and silver. Here is a review I have written about him in the past, and I still stand by every word. Vince is truly independent and when he gives you an appraisal, you can be confident that it is an accurate reflection of the value. Vincent is a Graduate Gemologist and I urge you to talk to him about your fine jewelry, silver, and clocks. Vincent has integrity, expertise and by the way, his rates are very very fair. He is also very accommodating and will even go to a clients home to appraise items . Vincent provides an excellent value for his service. You can go further, and pay more, but not get anything better than what Vincent Lash provides.
- Vincent Lash & CoIt could not have gone better. Mr. Lash answered all of my questions, and gave me an education about jewelry appraisal.
- Vincent Lash & CoHe came to my mother's home, and spent 6 hours doing a detailed appraisal of her jewelry.. He examined each piece very carefully and took pictures of each piece. He answered all of our questions while doing the appraisal. Upon completion, he provided her with a written appraisal, including pictures, which she could then forward to her insurance company. We highly recommend him to anyone looking for an expert appraiser
- Vincent Lash & CoVincent was very professional and provided a thorough appraisal. He took the time to answer my questions, and I was very pleased with his service.
Last update on June 11, 2020
Jewelry Appraisers in Baltimore
Explore our Solution Center for helpful jewelry appraiser articles
Home appraisals can come in low, even during an ultra-hot real estate market. Here’s what to do when a home appraisal is lower than expected.
Find antique appraisers in
- Sparrows Point,
- Brooklyn Park,
- Curtis Bay,
- Windsor Mill,
- Linthicum Heights,
- Gwynn Oak,
antique appraisers in Baltimore
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Alexander's Postage Stamp CompanyPO Box 665
Parkton, Maryland 21120
- Alexander's Postage Stamp Company
- Bijoux Jewels10749 FALLS RD
Lutherville Timonium, Maryland 21093
- Bijoux Jewels
- CIRCA Jewels415 Madison Avenue 19th floor
New York, New York 10017
- CIRCA Jewels
- Danielle Broussard Appraisals1898 Delvale Ave
Dundalk, Maryland 21222
- Danielle Broussard Appraisals
- Vincent Lash & CoPO Box 265
Churchville, Maryland 21028
- Vincent Lash & Co