Window replacement costs ah an average cost of $650 per window
Reviews of Stained Glass Repair Services Near You
Stained Glass Repair Near You
We were unable to find pros for your Stained Glass Repair project in Ashburn, VA
Similar to Stained Glass Repair
Stained glass is treasured for its beauty, ability to transform a drab window or lamp, and its inherent value. When a stained glass chandelier, lamp shade or window is damaged, repair is a must.
Types of Stained Glass
Though many of us recognize famous stained glass, such as Tiffany glass, stained glass is available in more than twenty different types. A great artist or craftsman can combine these into beautiful abstract or realistic designs:
- Full-antique glass, with trapped air pockets, bubbles, and handmade flaws adding to interest
- Architectural glass, smooth on the outside (for minimal weathering) and textured on the inside, often used in sidelights and transoms
- Rondels are circular glass pieces often set into larger pieces
- Cathedral glass is a single color, translucent and often machine rolled
- Flashed glass is two layers, with the top layer sandblasted to expose the other color beneath
How Much Does Stained Glass Repair Near You Cost?
The national average for repairing stained glass windows, lamp shades and chandeliers falls in a range between $175 and $412. Be sure to call three companies for price quotes to ensure a good price for your area.
Given the intricacies of stained glass, the challenges in cutting and joining glass pieces using lead came, and the skill needed to repair another artist's work, stained glass repair can be a pricey proposition.
Your costs can vary, because some areas have few resources for repair, while other, more populated areas may have many repair options. An on-site repair, for a window or inset panel, will cost more than taking a broken lamp to a repair shop.
Explore Our Solution Center for Helpful Window Installer Articles
The typical cost to install triple pane windows is between $300 and $2,740
The typical cost to make a window bigger is $2,000 to $3,000