Your chimney sweep may not wear a top hat and dance on the ceiling, but they will keep your home safe by providing chimney inspections and cleanings. Follow these steps to learn how to hire a qualified and trusted chimney sweep in your town.
Get matched with top chimney sweeps in Lost Creek, WV
There are 1 highly-rated local chimney sweeps.
Recent Chimney Sweep Reviews in Lost Creek
- Prouty's Chimney Sweep IncG. Prouty was prompt, courteous and professional. Work to the furnace chimney was quick, thorough and clean. Unfortunately we discovered the sealed fireplace is not wood burning but he did suggest alternatives.
- Clean Sweep Chimney SweepExcellent! Three individuals showed up exactly on time and went right to work. They were polite and friendly. Showed my wife and I ways to get the best efficiency from our stove and areas to be concerned with. very clean results for such a messy process. They repaired a crack or two for us and put new pipe on (i had bought prior to them coming) for me. I enjoyed the company and the information. I will be calling them again! Thank you read less
- Spikes Chimney SweepThey were very friendly and professional. They're a real honest to goodness company. They made it through the '08 market crash.
- Stan's Fireplace & Chimney ServiceWe recently purchased this house. When I looked in the fireplace/chimney, It look awful. Using Angie's List, I selected Stan's Fireplace and Chimney Sweep. I used the on-line scheduler (which was very easy). Stan and his assistance arrived promptly on-time. They inspected the chimney and cleaned it thoroughly. (Finding many birds nests, a dead frog and a mason trow. Our chimney also need a chimney cap installed and Stan had one available. They were very efficient and neat. The completed everything in just over an hour. I would highly recommend them for chimney cleaning read less
- Ash's Chimney SweepThey were prompt, fast and efficient. No problems were detected. They were available by phone when I called for the initial estimate. The other company I called, I had to leave a voicemail to ask for an estimate and never got a return call.
- Spikes Chimney SweepI called them back in August to do an estimate. They said they serviced Buckhannon, but it would be 2 weeks before someone would be in my area. I thought that was odd, but okay. The technicians arrived late, but were very friendly and thorough. The write up of the estimate was sloppy and unorganized. It was like they were using big crayon and none of the lines or boxes existed. Then they told me it was going to be $125 for the estimate. Wow. No one told me that I had to pay for the estimate and then the price. I was surprised. I paid them and told them I would be needing suggestions on wood burning inserts that fit my fireplace and that I wanted it EPA certified with clean burning technology. I also told them I wanted the work done the first or second week of September. They told me no problem, that someone from the office would be in touch with me that day. So I waited. The day came and went and no calls from them. I called the next morning. I started off with asking why I wasn't told there would be a $125 fee for the estimate. All they did was apologize. Then I asked why I hadn't heard from them about a wood burning insert as of yet. They said they were busy. They asked me for my email and said they would send me options that day. A week went by before I heard from them again (because I called). I also reminded them I had a target of first or second of week of September to have it installed. They said no problem. Now you're wondering why I stayed with them. Because I couldn't find another company that does this kind of work. There is another one (Clean Sweep) in Clarksburg, but they never answered their phone or returned calls. I sent them my choice of wood burning insert via email and asked for a total cost on the whole job. Again, they didn't return coorespondence. First week of September, I called them again. Had to remind them I needed a total cost of the job. I was told I'd be called at the end of the day. Nope. I called the next day. They said they'd call back in an hour with the price. Nope. So I called again and they said it took time to put together a total cost and they were busy. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It's like they didn't want my business. It doesn't take that long to calculate some numbers and I told them so. I told them they had two minutes and hung up. I got a call back and they gave me a price of 6006.00 and they needed 50% up front to order the insert. Fine. They said they would call me back to get my card information. 3 days passed. I had to call them again. Needless to say, I didn't get it installed until the end of September. The technicians were friendly. I paid the last half of my balance. They gave me instructions on how to work it and left. Two weeks ago, we went to start our first fire in the new insert. We couldn't get a fire started. Strangest thing. My husband went to turn on the fan. Didn't work. Then water started coming out from the side of the wood burning insert. Where did that come from? I also noticed the wood burning insert is crooked. I called these people the next day. Tracy says she's new and will have to check if I'll have to pay for a new fan and repairs. She did call back and I was told I didn't have to. She told me I'd have to wait until they're in the area again. Seriously?? I'm still waiting. It's cold at night and we can't enjoy our fireplace. I will be contacting the owner regarding is rude office staff (except Tracy) and poor overall service read less
- Clean Sweep Chimney Sweepshould have taken maybe 2 days and turned into 2 months. Tube would not go down the chimney. So they cut out brick that might have been blocking . didn't replace with the matching pattern, just put pieces to fill in the space. Smoke now pours out around and through the tube coming out of the top of the chimney. also the top of the chimney bricks they say were loose and took more than half of the side of the chimney down to help get the tube in. replaced the bricks it looks like my kids could have done a better job. I do not suggest using this company! read less
- Clean Sweep Chimney SweepMr. Mark Fisher came to our house to install a liner in our chimney. He stated it had a lifetime guarantee and he would return to install the damper. Fireplace has never worked. Smoke billows into the house. We have been calling him for 10 months and he has not returned any of our calls. We paid almost 2,000 for a service we are unable to use. Do not use him! Terrible service read less
Chimney Sweeps in Lost Creek
- Business Description:We would like to add you to our long list of safisfied customers. We believe you will be happy to have a company that puts you first. If you are already a customer, we would like to take this opportunity to say "thank you". You have made us what we are today. Service Areas We have two locations in West Virginia; Wood County (Parkersburg) and Harrison County (Clarksburg). Some of the cities we serve include: Parkersburg, Williamstown, Elizabeth, Vienna, Marietta, Belpre, Coolville, Little Hock.. read lessRecent Review:Very professional, prompt, friendly, you call them if you have a problem and they're there, they come right out.Judith and Dennis B.
- Business Description:Chimney sweeping and repair, dryer exhaust cleaning, oil wood and gas stoves & gas logs.Recent Review:Ash's showed up and performed requested workBrooks S.
- Business Description:Owner operated.Recent Review:The house washing was fine. They had a good crew and did lots of scrubbing. <br />Catherine H.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful chimney sweep articles
Counting down the days until fireplace season? As a responsible fireplace owner, hiring a chimney sweep is your first step to a safe and cozy home. Check out the yearly prices for chimney cleanings, inspections, and common repairs.
Don't fall victim to chimney sweep scams or chimney cleaning scams. Unreliable companies tend to solicit new homeowners and elderly homeowners most often.
Find chimney sweeps in
- West Milford
- Jane Lew
- Mount Clare
- West Union
- French Creek
- Pleasant Valley
chimney sweeps in Lost Creek
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!