AMTECH APPLIANCE SERVICE

Founded 1974 • With Angi since May 2000

Amtech specializes in Appliance Repair. We are family owned and operated and offer very fair and affordable pricing! We specialize in repairing the following: Refrigerators, Washers, Dryers, Dishwashers, Stoves, Garbage Disposals, Ranges, and Microwaves. In April 2017, we added a service designed

appliance repair (40)small appliance repair (2)

11/17/2022

Jorge A.

The company was kind and professional. They arrived promptly and assessed the issue. They did not charge us for the call, estimate, or time. Once we replace the dishwasher, if we need it looked at, we know who we will call.

Description of Work
The dishwasher board was fried.

Category small appliance repair

Work Completed On 11/14/2022

02/16/2022

Catherine F.

After no luck with other repair places, I called AmTech Appliance Service (AmTech) and left a message. Melissa called me back within ten minutes. She asked the make, model and age of my refrigerator and let me know it was an older LG brand which AmTech no longer services (too many issues with LG). Melissa let me know the problem was most likely my compressor and an approximate cost of a new compressor. I appreciate the kindness, helpfulness and empathy Melissa showed. Although no repair was scheduled, I was given very helpful advice on brands to consider for my soon to be purchased new refrigerator. I will be calling AmTech for any appliance repair in the future.

Description of Work
Kenmore (LG) refrigerator repair (both refrigerator and freezer were not working)

Work Completed On 02/16/2022

03/04/2021

Gail M.

Technician came on time, did great work and price was reasonable. Everything is working great. I would definitely rehire him and highly recommend the services of Amtech Appliance Service

Description of Work
Washer/Dryer repair

Work Completed On 02/18/2021

01/28/2021

Gregory T.

Gave them a call as my ice maker on my Samsung fridge stopped working and needed it fixed or replaced. I explained my issue and they said that they dont fix Samsung or LG fridges. Well then why are those brand on your website as ones that you fix. They said that those brands give them a lot of trouble and not worth fixing. I was willing to pay whatever price as I dont want to buy a new fridge. They need to fix their website branding, its misleading.

Description of Work
Needed fridge ice maker fixed or replaced

Work Completed On 01/04/2021

There may have been a miscommunication we do work on Samsung and LG appliances. We do not however work on their ice makers. We have had too many issues with them freezing up. We do not want to charge a customer to come out for an issue that is going to be reoccurring. There have been too many times that we defrost them and get them working only to have the customer call us back in 6 months to a year for the same issue. The issue is in the design and to our knowledge there is no permanent fix that we are aware of. We are only willing to repair things that we can guarantee are going to be a permanent fix and that is just not the case with this situation.

01/25/2021

Karen M.

Excellent. Amtech is a family business and I highly recommend them. They called me the same day when Angie’s list contacted them. They came out the next day and resolved the problem. I was informed that I would pay for service call and parts. I was happy with the reasonable price and was told that I had the option of being billed or to pay that day.

Description of Work
Oven repair

Category small appliance repair

Work Completed On 01/25/2021

12/26/2020

Cathy S.

He was great. I called 4 people before I could find someone who could come out the same day. He spent a lot of time trying to figure it out and decided it must be the fan. The fridge refused to run the diagnostics. He had to order parts, but he kept in touch to let me know how it was going. But by the time he came back with the parts the fridge had started working again, and still is. He charged me for the service call, ( and he came out twice), and said if the fridge ends up needing that new part there wouldn’t be any more fees to have it replaced. He really seems to know his business, and he wore a mask , ( this is during the pandemic). I will definitely call him again.

Description of Work
Refrigerator was alarming and not cooling

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

02/22/2020

Ernie S.

Great Service from this company. Replaced main LED in refrigerator and diagnosed wire shorting out in freezer LED. Returned the next day with a freezer LED and replaced it at no extra charge for additional service call or light. An expensive repair that was made a little better by this company. I would recommend them for any appliance repair. Good people providing great service.

Description of Work
Defective LED Lights in Refrigerator needed replacement

Work Completed On 02/12/2020

02/04/2020

Rick M.

No work was performed. They never called me back.

Description of Work
Never called back.

Work Completed On 02/04/2020

01/21/2020

Eileen S.

Beautifully! I would call Amtech again .

Description of Work
Needed new igniter for LG gas oven.

Work Completed On 01/07/2020

11/15/2019

Athena A.

Great!! He also made additional great recommendations!!!

Description of Work
Oven grill replacement.

Work Completed On 11/02/2019

07/24/2019

Barbra V.

Josh was very informative and walked us through the issues that were causing our leaky dishwasher. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Dishwasher Repair

Work Completed On 07/24/2019

Thank you!

04/18/2019

Chao Z.

The dishwasher works fine after service. But the leaking problem for the washer still persists after work.

Description of Work
Repairment of dishwasher and washer

Work Completed On 04/18/2019

We Can come back if we need to. For scheduling please call 262-377-8516 Your number is not listed here.

04/09/2019

GEORGE B.

Showed up the next day. Had the necessary parts. Very personable. Very professional. I will definitely be calling Amtech Appliance Repair for our next fit-it.

Description of Work
Igniter for gas stove

Work Completed On 04/09/2019

Review for AMTECH APPLIANCE SERVICE - 4454 N. 110th Street, Wauwatosa, WI - 37810320

01/22/2019

Gerald W.

Their service was prompt, professional and complete. We are first time users and they treated us as friends. Would definitely use again if needed.

Description of Work
Repair gas oven

Work Completed On 01/17/2019

12/10/2018

John D.

I initiated a request for quote through the Angie's process and never heard back either through Angie's or externally. I ended up going with a different Angie's service provider.

Description of Work
Dishwasher Service Call

Work Completed On 12/04/2018

We did not receive your email or call? This is unfortunate. Hoping to be of service in the future! Amtech Appliance Service 262-377-8516

07/31/2018

PAUL B.

Dan, the owner, made the job go quickly and smoothly. That's about what you are looking for when hiring expert help. He's a good communicator and friendly.

Description of Work
Replace dishwasher rack slide.

Work Completed On 07/31/2018

05/05/2018

marie E.

they showed up on time very professional. they had to order the part. the next day they tried to install it. unfortunately the part would not work with my washer got another part the next day and the repair man was willing to wait until i got home after work. which was late and he came over and installed the part right away. this company was very understanding of my extremely hectic schedule and was willing to help me after hours. will use again extremely happy with there service's.

Description of Work
my washing machine wouldnt unlock and it wouldnt wash any more.

Category appliance repair

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!!!

04/26/2018

CHERYL F.

It went fine. It didn't take long and he was nice.

Description of Work
They fixed the door of my washer.

Work Completed On 03/26/2018

Thank you so much! A great review is worth a million to Amtech!!! Holly

03/20/2018

Ann S.

I was able to get on their schedule within a couple days of calling. Once it was determined what parts were needed, they ordered them and were back to install within a week. Very efficient, friendly and helpful. Will be calling them again in the future!

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair.

Work Completed On 03/05/2018

08/24/2017

Jake M.

Dan was very friendly and flexible with our schedules. I initially ordered the door but it was the wrong type so Dan ordered the proper part and returned a week later to install.

Description of Work
Replaced stove door.

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

Thank you!

07/14/2017

Sandra H.

Did work efficiently & made suggestions to avoid mouse problems in dryer. Very good.

Description of Work
Took dryer apart to remove dead mouse.

Work Completed On 05/22/2017

05/15/2017

Arvind S.

All the belts and all the parts were changed - he was very professional

Description of Work
The dryer was making squealing sound

Work Completed On 03/31/2017

Thank You [Member Name Removed]!

04/20/2017

Angela K.

It went super well. He had to replace a control panel which then allowed him to see exactly what was wrong. He made a couple stops at my home in a very timely manner, which was much appreciated!

Description of Work
I just moved into my new home and my Frigidaire washer was not working properly. I was concerned because I was under the impression I was going to have to purchase a new washer, which was not in the budget! I was referred by a co-worker to call AmTech. Holly took down all my information and Dan came right over to diagnose the problem. He worked diligently to fix my washer! It now works and I couldn't be happier!