The work that was done was good and the two men who came to do the work, Larry and Danny, were great. But there were a number of issues--enough that though I've used Kemly in the past, my friends have used Kemly, and Kemly has great ratings here on Angie's List, I won't use them again. Here's why: We have a 1920s era "livable fixer" that we adore. The previous owners did some work on the upstairs, including installing some wiring and hooking up some outlets and light fixtures but most of the wiring was exposed and it sort of resembled thick gray spaghetti in some places. The larger room, that we've been slowly refinishing, had no electricity and we wanted to change that so we called Kemly for an estimate. We also wanted to clean up some of the crazy wiring in the other part of the upstairs. Bill came out to give an estimate. My partner, Scott, and Bill talked about what we wanted done and the various options for doing it. There was some talk of running a conduit on the outside of the house. Bill also insisted that the work could not be done if we did not have smoke and CO detectors put into every bedroom and the basement and the upstairs. He told Scott that the work, which would require a permit, would not pass the inspection otherwise. He was very adamant on this point. He sent his estimate to us a few days later and we agreed we wanted to have the work done. I sent a check to Kemly for $1068.10 as a deposit on the work. Some days later Scott was contacted by Kemly, saying they hadn't received the payment. In this electronic age it's ever so simple to see if a check has cleared--and to look at both front and back of said check--so it was pretty simple to see that the check *had* been received and promptly deposited. I could also confirm that while Scott's name did not appear on the check that the address was printed on the check and that I had written on the memo line "deposit on [the address] job." When Scott called Kemly to explain this to the accountant, rather than apologizing or just thanking him, she became defensive and aggressive. So that wasn't so fun. The day scheduled for the work arrived and Larry and Danny arrived about an hour earlier than we expected them--and they expected to be working in the basement. I left for work, leaving Scott at home. It was, by his account, a lively day with the sort of difficulties to be expected in a ninety-year-old house but Danny and Larry met the challenges--and they managed to run the wires up the inside rather than having to resort to an outside conduit. Getting electricity to the smoke detector in the second bedroom on the main floor was one of the unexpected difficulties and that ate up more time than expected. Danny and Larry ended up hurrying to pack up and get to their next job but they left the place pretty clean. Unfortunately, when I got home I found that the room in which we wanted four outlets in fact contained only one. There was a second outlet on the landing near the room (and there is no wall between the two spaces) but we were clearly two outlets short. Since electrifying that room was really the point of having the work done, I wasn't particularly happy. I found a copy of the original estimate to confirm that Kemly had also been clear on that being a primary part of the job order. It was clearly spelled out there so Scott called Kemly to request that they return to finish the job or amend the total amount accordingly. This time he talked to Jennifer who argued about whether the work had all been done or not. In short, she was again defensive. Eventually she and Scott scheduled a time for Larry and Danny to return. Bill followed up a few days later but seemed not to have talked with Jennifer--or at least he wanted to open a fresh argument. "The first order of business with them seemed to be to establish they were not at fault," is how Scott describes his interaction with the Kemly office people. Larry and Danny returned and installed the two missing outlets using wiremold in not more than an hour. Again, they were pleasant and professional. A few hours later the inspector showed up and had a quick look at the upstairs work and the breaker box. He was happy to sign off on the job. I noticed he hadn't so much as glanced at any of the newly installed smoke and CO detectors so I asked about those--were they really required by the city in order for new electrical work to pass inspection. The inspector told us that they were good to have and might save us something on our homeowners insurance and certainly we should be happy about having them . . . but, no, on a job like this they were in no way required by the city. New construction or a major remodel would require the hard-wired smoke and CO detectors for the permitting but just putting in a few outlets and cleaning up some wiring--the work he had on his permit and had just approved--did NOT require them.