KEMLY ELECTRIC INC

Founded 1991 • With Angi since March 2005

1148 NW 50TH ST

Seattle, WA 98107

Kemly Electric has been providing expert quality service and repair to the greater Seattle area for over 20 years. Our highest priorities are excellent workmanship and stellar customer service. We don’t just do a job, we make you glad you called us. Based in historic Ballard, Kemly’s offices are in an area of town that’s home to generations of hard working tradespeople. For all your residential and commercial electrical projects, contact us when you need a licensed, bonded and insured Seattle electrician. Whether your electrical service needs are small or large, call us for advice or an estimate. Our electricians have at least 5 years experience in residential projects, and at least 8 years field experience in commercial residential installation. We’re the Seattle electrical contractors you can trust with your home and business....

09/16/2021

Laura L.

Excellent work. The estimator spent time understanding the layout and scope of work and gave useful insights. The two electricians were friendly, informative and did a careful and thorough job. Full cleanup at the end and only minimal number of patches to do.

Description of Work
Rewired old knob and tube on 2nd floor of home.

10/07/2020

Charles S.

The kitchen exhaust fan for my house is mounted on the roof. I purchased a replacement fan and had to have roofers build and install a new curb/platform on which the replacement fan rested, and install and seal the membrane roofing material around the new curb. The roofers didn't do electrical work, so I needed to find an electrical contract which would connect the fan to the power source, and install the replacement control switch in the kitchen. This was not a difficult job, but I found it very difficult to find an electrical contractor willing to get up on my roof to connect the exhaust fan to power and complete to complete the installation. I contacted over 25 electrical contractors and was told they would not take a job which required an electrician to get on the roof of my house. Kemly Electric agreed to perform the work, and were very flexible about scheduling to perform the work. The electrical work needed to follow the roofers completing the fan installation, but the roofer kept rescheduling my job. The Kemly Electric electrician arrived 4 hours earlier than scheduled to perform the job on the day it was scheduled. It took less than an hour, and he installed the connection so that any future work on the fan would make it easy to lift the fan off the curb/platform on which the fan was installed. The electrician was polite, thorough, provided complete communication on what the job needed, the work he performed, and provided pictures of the work. Kemly Electric charged a fair price for the work performed, and is on the top of my list when I next need an electric contractor.

Description of Work
The kitchen exhaust fan for my house is mounted on the roof. I needed to have a replacement fan unit connected to power, and the switch in the kitchen installed.

Category electrician,home remodeling

07/05/2018

Anita R.

The electricians arrived on time, were very considerate, finished the work early, cleaned up after themselves, and did a great job. When we discovered that evening that using some of the outlets tripped the new breakers, they returned the very next day to fix it. They had incorrectly wired the breaker for one set of outlets, and another outlet had been incorrectly wired (not by them). The fixed both problems rapidly and we've had no problem since then. My only real complaint was being billed for supplies we didn’t use. The estimator had been very patient with our asking for bids on several different options/configurations and with our many questions. He made a few errors on the original bid (later corrected), and also made some assumptions about the DPD's requirements that I found (by contacting the local electrical inspectors for the DPD) were not correct. When we finally signed the contract for the work, the price was based on having to use 15 Arc Fault breakers (significantly more expensive than standard breakers). The electricians ended up having to use only 2 Arc Fault breakers and 13 of the standard ones. But they still expected us to pay the full bid price (based on all expensive breakers), which we did. Even with that, they ended up the same as the middle-priced bid we’d received (and less than two higher bidders).

Description of Work
Install a subpanel in a mother-in-law apartment, transferring those circuits from the main electrical panel

03/13/2017

Ronald M.

The electrical rewiring project went very well. An electrician and apprentice worked for 8 days on the house. The electrician was very experienced in rewiring old houses, understood old house construction and knew how to route new wires through walls to access the first and second floors while minimizing the number and size of holes in the walls and ceilings. Lath and plaster walls/ceilings require a different approach and power equipment to minimize damage to the adjacent plaster when compared to modern day drywall. This is very important to minimize damage to the adjacent plaster areas around the holes. Both of these guys worked very hard to get the job completed in the shortest time. They were very good at solving problems they encountered and there were a number of challenging ones. I was also impressed as the job neared completion it became apparent the work would require an additional day beyond the original estimate. To finish the job on the scheduled Friday the company sent out a third electrician to complete the work in the eight day, estimated time frame. After the work was completed the city electrical inspector found only one outlet location that had to be changed to pass inspection. This was an easy 2 hour fix. I gave them a "B" for cost, but that was because I wished it was less expensive but that may not be a reasonable expectation. Otherwise I'm extremely pleased with the work.

Description of Work
I had a 1908 home in the Seattle area with knob and tube (old) wiring mixed in with more recent wiring. I wanted to update the wiring to get more outlets in the house, update the ceiling light wiring and switches plus get grounded circuits installed. The home had lath and plaster walls which require a different technique to cut into for routing wires. Two floors of the home had to be totally rewired and a new electrical service panel installed. Some new light fixtures and a ceiling fan was installed.

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

01/16/2017

GUY T.

Electrician was courteous and listened to my description of the issues and interacted well explaining what needed to be done.

Description of Work
Replacement of GFI outdoor receptacle. Troubleshooting burned out circuit breaker.

01/16/2017

GUY T.

Work was good and communication with electrician was very good.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot problem with smoke alarm circuit.

09/23/2016

Jack Z.

Work was done quickly and accurately. Once contract was signed and I made the deposit, the work was done within a week. They cleaned up after each day. Kemly's bid was less than a third of the highest estimate that I received from other electrical contractors.4

Description of Work
Upgrade service to 200 amps, install mast for service entry, replace entry panel, move meter and install outlets in kitchen.

09/19/2016

Donna R.

Outlet successfully installed on time and at price quoted.

Description of Work
Install outlet

06/21/2016

Rebecca S.

We had Kemly Electric come out to give us quotes for a few projects. Bill was very knowledgeable and gave us great advice, answering any questions I had about those projects and other electrical stuff in our house generally. He then sent comprehensive quotes. We decided to move forward with having wall sconces installed in our living room and connecting them to a switch that wasn't being used. The company had a great scheduling system and was very professional every step of the way. The electricians arrived on time and completed the project quickly and efficiently. They did their best to avoid leaving extra holes in the walls, and they cleaned up thoroughly afterwards. I would definitely hire Kemly Electric again, and I've already recommended them to multiple people I know looking for an electrician.

Description of Work
Installed four wall sconces.

Category electrician,lighting

02/08/2016

Elizabeth C.

A++++++++. Kemly Electric is great. I wanted under cabinet LED light bars installed in my kitchen. I called Kemly on Friday and they said a scheduler would call me back so I could make an appointment for someone to come out . She called back within an hour and said there was a cancellation and someone could come out on Monday (today) between 9am and 12pm. So this morning, Tom called at a little after 9am and said he would be at my place in 30 minutes. I appreciated that he called me because some places are not that communicative. Tom showed up and said he could do the job in a couple of hours. ( I had had another electrician come out and said it would take him 4-6 hours!) So Tom got busy and did a fantastic job - within 2 hours. He even had to drill through a couple of my backsplash tiles. He finished in 2 hours, as promised, and my lights look amazing! I even got a senior discount! And Tom clean up afterwards. He was professional, quick, and friendly. I definitely recommend Kemly and I will absolutely use them again if I ever need electrical work. Thank you, Kemly and Tom!!!!

Description of Work
Hard wired under cabinet LED light bars in my kitchen.

Category electrician,lighting,home remodeling