Custom Hardscapes LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since December 2011

Custom Hardscapes is a locally owned and operated business serving Middle Tennessee. We are committed to quality installation and customer service on a personal level with each individual client. With over 20 years experience in hardscape construction, we work with a variety of materials from brick,pavers, natural stone, and concrete. As a member of the Better Business Bureau and Certified through the NCMA (National Concrete Masonry Assocation), the ICPI (International Concrete Pavement Institute), we have the experience, training, and knowledge to construct your project in a professional manner. Locally owned & operated....

Lpm masonry

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Monkey Construction

We offer quality service at an affordable price. Contact us today about a free estimate!

Mid-Tenn Trades

We take great pride in our experience, expertise, quality, and customer service that we provide to meet the consumers needs. It is our mission to provide excellent workmanship and complete customer satisfaction from start to completion of a project. In order to understand the needs and expectations of our customers, we take great care to work and communicate with every customer in a professional manner. Our reputation is based on service, safety, and quality, regardless of how large or small the job. In todays busy lifestyle and every day expenses we value both your time and ours and therefore we do not give free estimates. Our phone consultation be it one call or more is charged at a rate of $50.00 and if we come to your home or business to do an estimate we charge $75.00 either of which is credited to your project if we enter an agreement or within 60 days we contract a project of $2250.00 we double the face-value of the fee as credit to your project. With over 35 years of professional remodeling, major structural repair, home building, handyman and general home maintenance and repair experience, we are here to meet and exceed all your decking, fencing install and repairs, general maintenance, home repair, painting, pressure washing desires and needs to make you home the house of your dreams. We also do lawn maintenance, house cleaning and much more. Ask about our senior and veteran discounts. Our basic cost for most all services except house keeping and lawn mowing is $300.00 that includes the first hour of labor, plus materials then there is an hourly rate per man per hour thereafter. However most projects we do give a written estimate that is valid for 96 hours...

10/01/2020

8 months after the work was completed the wall collapsed. One year latter they have not remedied the problem. Unprofessional defensive attitude, takes no responsibility, and very sorry we hired him.

Description of Work
retaining wall

Category masonry,pavers, gravel,hardscaping

12/05/2016

Very professional - punctual. Easy to work with - great product, lovely selection of stones. Pavers match driveway perfectly. Excellent work.

Description of Work
Pavers off driveway

Category hardscaping

09/22/2016

Brien was responsive and engaged throughout the project. The end result is better than we hoped it would be.

Description of Work
We had a deteriorating 7 ft high railroad tie retaining wall supporting a concrete driveway. Brien gave us great advice and ideas about how best to not only replace the wall but greatly improve the integrity and style of the project. He gave us a competitive bid and promptly got his crew to work. The crew was great.

Category masonry

05/12/2016

Not really knowing what our options were nor what we were actually getting into, Brien did a great job explaining all the details and leaving us with lots of alternatives as far as material, layout and cost. The crew worked pretty hard in spite of the cold weather and made sure that everything looked as clean as possible once they left for the day which I really appreciated. It took a little longe...

Description of Work
Brien and his crew built us a patio in the backyard with a fire pit and retaining/sitting walls as well as a walkway leading to it from the driveway in front of the house

Category hardscaping,patios

05/05/2016

I left a message looking for a call back to discuss my needs. They called back two days later. The gentleman wanted me to figure out if the job was worth his time. He didn't want to be bothered coming out and giving an estimate just wanted to throw a number out on the phone and have me agree. Most unprofessional company I have every been in contact with. Perhaps they should include that they only ...

Description of Work
I needed a 40 ft retaining wall and various hardscapes throughout my property. My neighbor who has an a long and high wall needs it replaced roughly 60ft maybe more. We thought it made sense to do them at the same time. PROVIDER DID ZERO - COULD NOT BE BOTHERED TO COME TAKE A LOOK AND GIVE AN ESTIMATE.

Category concrete repair,masonry,stamped concrete

I'm very sorry but this review has been posted for the wrong company. I never spoke with this member, and would have been happy to meet with them right away for a price quote. As you can see by all of our positive reviews we do many small jobs and always complete them with quality & care. We take a lot of pride in every project from the start to finish. Thank you

02/10/2016

Overall, this was a good experience. The patio ended up looking great. Brian and his crew were punctual and worked hard from beginning to end. Brian was great about bringing me samples of the pavers and countertops for the outdoor grill area, so I always knew what I was getting in advance. The only issue we had with the project was the fireplace/grill company, Embers. There was a bit of a miscommu...

Description of Work
We had a screen in porch taken down and a patio with built-in grill and fire pit built in our backyard.

Category landscaping,hardscaping,patios,outdoor kitchens

12/04/2015

Service was great. Everything was completed on time and within budget. Excellent experience.

Description of Work
Poured concrete driveway, walkway and patio.

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways,landscaping,hardscaping,patios

11/09/2015

Work was completed in March 2014. By November, we had begun experiencing structural issues with the roof and gutters. Brien asked me to contact Jon Rossi (whom Brien had hired to do his roofing work) and let him know. Instead of Brien taking the initiative, I attempted to contact Jon and he was unresponsive. I let Brien know that my multiple attempts to contact Jon were unsuccessful. I didn't take...

Description of Work
Custom Hardscapes built a covered patio and fireplace behind our home.

Category landscaping,hardscaping,patios

10/27/2015

It took about 3 weeks, turned out beautifully. It is exactly as we envisioned. He didn't do wood work, but provided us with the name of a deck builder to finish the job.

Description of Work
We had tiers placed in the front of the townhouse, a large patio with gas fireplace, a garden bed and small path put in to get to the deck from the back.

Category decks,landscaping,hardscaping,patios

10/15/2015

Brien and his crew did a great job on our back patio. Brien is very professional and his crew worked very quickly and efficiently. It was an easy contractor to work with. No issues.

Description of Work
Removed failed slate tiles from patio and installed pre-cut natural stone over existing concrete patio. Brien also repaired a broken section of brick wall and installed landscaping boulders.

Category concrete repair,landscaping,masonry,pavers, gravel,hardscaping,patios

Residential & Commercial Installation & Custom Hardscape Design, Stonework, Patio, Retaining Walls, Masons, Landscape Lighting, Fireplaces, Driveways & Pergolas.

Check, Financing Available