Baker Door Company

Founded 1960 • With Angi since June 2010

Two Locations in Mechanicsburg and York! Baker Door Company is a garage door specialist for residential, commercial, agricultural and industrial applications, proudly serving the York, Harrisburg & Mechanicsburg communities since 1960. We have more than seven employees ready to give you the fastest

standard + Garage Doorsstandard + Garage Doorsstandard + Garage Doors

garage doors (47)door installation (5)

05/05/2021

ken S.

Very well. On time for reasonable price.

Description of Work
Fixed new door openers

Work Completed On 05/05/2021

04/13/2021

JEFFREY W.

Everything was great! Jane in the office took care of the appointment and Jim came out and did an awesome job with the work. Highly recommend working with this company. Ask for Jane and Jim.

Description of Work
I needed a new garage door opener and safety cables.

Work Completed On 04/12/2021

10/28/2020

Jay M.

excellent work, timely knowledgeable

Description of Work
operator installation

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

04/05/2019

Jason M.

Totally awesome staff. Problem was identified and fixed quickly and easily. 15 minutes and the door was up and running again. Very nice work!!

Description of Work
Garage Door Spring needed to be repaired.

Work Completed On 04/05/2019

01/14/2019

James T.

Replacement of springs and adjustment of door went fine. Lublication or replacement of bottom seal much cheaper to do yourself.

Description of Work
Broken garage door spring

Work Completed On 01/14/2019

11/30/2018

Charles J.

Service was prompt, the technician was punctual and knowledgeable, and the price for the repair was less than we were expecting. Definitely would call Baker Door if we need help in the future.

Description of Work
Service automatic garage doors

Work Completed On 11/30/2018

10/26/2018

Jonathan M.

Excellent service! Technician came the same day I called. He repaired our broken spring promptly and lubricated both doors. I’ve noticed that sometimes it’s hard to get them on the phone, as I got the answering machine several times. That is my only small negative.

Description of Work
Broken Spring Repair

Work Completed On 10/24/2018

08/24/2018

R S.

I did not use this company - they did not contact me - I reached out to them and provided all my information as well as door models etc I was pricing - they did not get back to me with an offer - I again had to cal them. End result was they could only come to my home for a determination of what the pricing would be during normal business hours -- Sorry I work and am willing to take off for the install, but not just to get a price quote.

Description of Work
Two garage doors replaced

Work Completed On 08/24/2018

Good afternoon Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking time to write a review. We strive for excellent service in all areas of our operation, and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Please know that we have reviewed our internal notes from your request, and although we do not typically have this type of issue, we have added some additional methods of following up. We hope to gain your trust in the future. Sincerely, Chris Lynch Office Manager

06/11/2018

Christy & Matt D.

I’ve had Baker come to our office and do work previously. They’re always fantastic and they come pretty much the next day. We are having trouble with the keypad and we actually purchased a new Chamberlain keypad from the Internet and Baker installed it and re-keyed all of the clickers.

Description of Work
Replace the keypad for the garage

Work Completed On 06/06/2018

Good morning Christy and Matt, Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you in the future. Have a wonderful day, Chris Lynch Office Manager

10/12/2017

Wanda L.

They did a good job and we were pleased with them. I wasn’t home at the time, my husband was, and he talked to them. I wasn’t available. The work turned out very nice. They were very responsive. They came when they said they would. They were very professional.

Description of Work
They put in a new garage door. It was two doors.

Work Completed On 06/15/2017

08/12/2015

Paul L.

Excellent service from the first time I called. Gentleman came out to provide estimate, very informative and professional. I compared their quote with two other companies, Baker was a better product at a comparable price. Installers showed up on time as scheduled, removed old door and installed new one in about half a day. We are very happy with the new door, it looks great, and more importantly, it is an insulated door that has made a significant difference in the garage temperature as well as the comfort of the two bedrooms above the garage. I definitely recommend Baker, and actually one or our neighbors has since used them after seeing our new door.

Description of Work
Replaced old wood garage door, included all hardware and rails.

Category garage doors, doors

Work Completed On 10/24/2014

07/23/2015

Summer N.

They came over on time, reviewed what they were going to do. Gave me information on the current garage door openers as well as the ones we were having replaced and also examined our garage doors to see if any work would be needed to be done on them as well. He was great! He did an excellent job and we would recommend Baker Door Co to everyone!

Description of Work
Replaced garage door openers. Excellent work, very fast and very thorough. We would definitely recommend to anyone in need of service for their garage doors!

Work Completed On 06/20/2015

07/18/2015

George P.

Things went great. The technician was prompt to respond to the damaged spring and make the needed repairs. A sales representative came out to provide us with the information needed to choose a new door. We brought in three different companies for information and quotes before we decided on Baker Door. The choice was a combination of product quality, professionalism of the entire team, helpfulness and price. Once we made a decision on what we wanted the order was placed for the new door. It took less time than expected for the door to arrive which was nice. We even added a new garage door opener to our order after the door was ordered. That was a decision that we waited to make until we priced the door and labor and decided if it was worth doing at this time. Eventually, we decided that doing all of the work at once was the best choice for us at that time. When the door arrived they scheduled a technician to come during a time that worked for our schedule. Not an easy task due to my unique work schedule. The technician was prompt, courteous, friendly, knowledgeable and willing to share his knowledge. He was efficient and the quality of work was great. I am particular about the details and his work was quality work. His professionalism was outstanding and he was willing to share information about our new equipment, how to maintain it, what to expect from the door and opener moving forward. Overall, this was a great experience working with Baker Door and I would recommend them to others who may need their services.

Description of Work
Initially made repairs to a broken tension spring on our garage door opener. Later, removed old garage door and garage door opener. Replaced door and opener with new.

Work Completed On 03/23/2015

07/07/2015

Jean H.

They were very nice. They just came, they were prompt, good and the price was right. If I needed work on this door again I would get them. They were friendly, they were in here and out of here. They did the job.

Description of Work
Baker Door Company came in to check out the garage doors and fixed the light. They showed me how to get my car out if there was no electricity.

Work Completed On 09/25/2014

04/01/2015

Donald S.

It went fine, they did a great job.

Description of Work
They put new window stripping around the door and straightened it.

Category doors

Work Completed On 12/20/2014

11/24/2014

Timothy B.

Examination was completed in 10-15 minutes.

Description of Work
Examined garage door and provided lubrication.

Work Completed On 07/01/2014

10/23/2014

N A.

It went well they were prompt and professional. I would definitely recommend them to others in the future.

Description of Work
They fixed my garage door.

Work Completed On 07/31/2014

10/05/2014

Brad W.

Provided a timely quote and responded to repair within 2 days. Repaired our garage door wtihout any problems. Would use again.

Description of Work
Repaired garage door

Work Completed On 09/29/2014

09/27/2014

Jean H.

It has worked better ever since. The deal was over with and they still honored it. They were nice to deal with. They did great.

Description of Work
They inspected the garage door and showed me how to open it if the electric went out. They also found something wrong and fixed it.

Work Completed On 08/20/2014

09/09/2014

Phyllis M.

Everything was done to my satisfaction, and was able to be completed they came to check the garage door.

Description of Work
Replaced cables, springs and remote.

Work Completed On 07/24/2014

08/11/2014

Courtney E.

The provider came within the specified time and completed the job well. I was just a little irritated that the original work I signed up to have (tune up) didn't take place. I paid $79 and all the guy did was come and look at the garage and tell me what else was wrong. He then came back another day to complete the work and charged me an additional $260 for less than two hours work. I can't complain about the craftsmanship as they did a good job, I just feel cheated out of my original purchase.

Description of Work
The provider came out to do a tune up, but I ended up getting two springs and weather stripping replaced.

Work Completed On 08/06/2014

07/29/2014

Carol H.

Jim, from Baker Door Company called us later to see what day would be good for him to come and install a new door motor and openers. Tuesday, 7/29/14 was the best day for us. He called early in the morning to let me know what time he would arrive. He arrived a little earlier, which was great. He immediately got to work and in no time it was installed, including sensors at the bottom of our door so it won't shut if something is blocking it. We didn't have that before. Jim then proceeded to show me how the installed opener on the wall would work. It is completely different from the one we had and I love it. He gave me 2 remote openers, far better than than the ones I had. He did such a great job. I am so pleased with my garage door opener. Towards Fall, I need to contact Baker Door Company to have a Sales Associate come out to give us an estimate for a new garage door. Jim said the current door will not last much longer. He said the sales dept is backed up right now. I will call them soon to try to get an appointment. Jim, once again, was courteous and professional. I really like this company and their product. Thanks Angie.

Description of Work
When he came out on 7/25 to do an inspection, he found that our garage door opener was about to go out. It was 21 yrs. old. Sure enough, it stopped working. We made arrangements for a new one to be installed by Baker Door Co.

Work Completed On 07/29/2014

07/21/2014

Herb L.

They called this morning to set up the appointment. They mentioned a service charge that would apply that was not mentioned in the original deal I had purchased. The extra costs would not make the deal worth it for us. We are requesting a refund.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $79 Garage Door Tune-Up