Gruwell Roofing & Restoration

Founded 2006 • With Angi since May 2009

2580 W 5th st

Eugene, OR 97477

Family owned & operated with over 40 years experience. We strive to use local products made in America. our shingles are manufactured in Oregon and come with a "your choice warranty" TM. Additional DBA - Gruwell Restorations - FKA....

08/19/2020

Daniel W.

Extremely good quality work, great communication, and integrity. We originally had the roof replaced in 2017 when it developed a leak near a large dormer. When they pulled the old roof off and it threatened rain, the team came out and worked quickly to cover the house in a temporary layer of plastic. Then, in late 2019 we noticed a leak in the exact same spot as before. Erin came out a couple times to try and determine the cause of the problem. In the end, he decided that it was a problem with the size of the dormer, and the fact that it was all slanted to one side and the amount of fall and spring rain would sometimes overwhelm the shingles in the dormer valley. He completely redid the section that was leaking, adding a waterproof layer under the shingles, and installed a custom gutter down the pitch of the roof to drain the dormer valley. All of these extra visits were covered by their "our roofs don't leak" warranty. On the whole, I have been very impressed with their commitment to good quality work. I appreciated Erin's very responsive (all text-message) communication style. We would absolutely hire them again for a future job.

Description of Work
New roof plus warranty repair

05/27/2020

Tom S.

Gruwell Roofing was recommended to me and, without hesitation, I will gladly recommend Gruwell Roofing to others (and have multiple times since my roof was completed). I am a hard customer (and always skeptical) who values great customer service, honesty, and punctuality. I pay attention to details, expect quality work, and do not want to get nickled and dimed. This is a difficult combination when it comes to finding a contractor, let alone a roofing contractor. Gruwell Roofing came through on all accounts. The entire process was effortless. Matt Gruwell is very genuine, personable, and honest. Extremely helpful and educational, as well. Never once did I feel like I was being taken advantage of. He wanted to make sure I was getting exactly what I wanted, with a few valuable suggestions added for consideration. This is a family business (also important to me) and it showed. Spending a sizable amount of money on something like a roof is painful in any scenario, but Gruwell Roofing made the financial pain a little easier to take. By the way, the roof looks great, ask my neighbors (even a reputable roofer that lives down the street was impressed with the results - no joke). TS.

Description of Work
A roof replacement

05/24/2020

Myrna W.

When my leaking skylight needed to be replaced, my choices were to go with a skylight company, or a roofing company who also installs skylights. I choose Gruwell Roofing because I wanted to be sure the roofing around the skylight was restored as it should be, plus they provided the same skylights I would have chosen with the skylight company. Matt provided an estimate and while on the roof, repaired a minor roofing problem I didn't know I had. After I accepted his bid, he came back and covered the skylight so it wouldn't leak prior to receiving and installing the new skylights. Erin installed the skylights after they arrived. Both men were pleasant and professional and the work progressed as promised. Due to the coronavirus the inside finish work has not been completed yet but will be soon. I did have one minor issue, which was choosing the color of the solar blinds. I wanted them to be light in color but also block the sunlight; the color I chose does block the sunlight but not completely. It would have been nice to have a little more advice regarding color but ultimately it was my choice. Gruwell did a great job and I'm happy with their work. I will definitely call them when it's time to replace the roof.

Description of Work
Replace leaking skylights

Category skylights

04/08/2020

Gary B.

Great. Various crews came and did jobs. Final roof looks great and they cleaned up. I walked lawn before mowing and found only one small piece missed. Good job from start to finish. Estimate was clear and exact. Carpentry in attic good.

Description of Work
tear off old roof, repair damaged plywood and roof rafter, new roof

05/20/2018

Leonard K.

I cannot say enough good things about Gruwell Roofing & Restoration. They performed two jobs for us, and the results far exceeded expectation. The first was the patching of a leaky roof of my former house during the rainy season, and the second was the complete replacement of the roof on my new house. In both cases, they were punctual, professional, and delivered the result within the promised time frame and estimate. In the case of my new home, they suggested that the old roof lathing be replaced with plywood, and they installed it in an extremely timely and cost effective manner. Further, I was traveling for work during the roof replacement so I did not see the work. But, when I came home, the new roof was beautiful, and there was no trace that workmen had ever been on the property. They cleaned up everything, and there was not even one spec of trash anywhere on the property... I highly recommend Gruwell Roofing & Restoration, and would suggest you hire them without reservation. Thank you for such great work!

Description of Work
Replacement of entire roof, and repairing of another

05/07/2018

Kate and Art S.

Very prompt in getting out to look over the project and give an estimate. In addition, one of the skylights had a significant leak so Matt offered to create and install (using materials and tools he had in his truck) a temporary cover to keep the rain out until the unit could be replaced. This was done without charge and in spite of the fact that I was still evaluating options and he was not guaranteed a job. I ended up getting a couple of estimates and Matt's was lower to boot. So glad I hired Matt for the job. The installation went quickly and smoothly. All debris was cleaned up and hauled away and all aspects of my experience with Gruwell was friendly, pleasant and professional. I do not hesitate to recommend Gruwell Roofing.

Description of Work
Replacement of two skylights that were leaking

Category roofing,skylights

04/29/2018

James H.

Working with Erin Gruwell and his crew was very enjoyable and stress free. They did a great job on everything and it was an efficient process as well. I thought it was going to take about twice as long but he got a crew of guys out here and did everything in less than 2 days of work. This was just done in April of 2018. He also saved me in Dec. of 2016 when he patched the previous roof that somebody else had done in 2004 during a rainy part of the year and while I was having a floor restoration done, which would have been a huge problem had he not been able to come right out and patch it up. Thanks Erin, great work both times!

Description of Work
Brand New Roof and previous work also

04/26/2018

Jeremiah C.

The roofing team showed up on time each day, knocking out a difficult re-roof that included over 30 sheets of OSB. Communication was solid. Work was exceptional.

Description of Work
Total re-roof including 7 skylights

Category roofing,chimney repair,skylights

11/18/2017

Catharine S D.

The guys at Gruwell were always on time on work days, and always very polite and easy to deal with. They left my property clean after the work was complete. I really appreciate them pushing through the project even when the weather turned nasty. I would definitely hire Gruwell again!

Description of Work
Complete roof replacement.

08/02/2017

Ann H.

Professionalism all the way from owner all the workers. They even found a solution to our "bird problem" of starlings getting into the roof and nesting by installing new bird-proof soffits. Great job on the roof, cleanup, and work was done on time, very quickly.

Description of Work
A new roof.

Myers gutter services

We are a newer company backed by extensive experience in the gutter installation and repair industry. With over 15 years experince and only the best crew around we will produce superior quality work and never disappoint. We offer competitive pricing and immediate scheduling. Our minds always on the gutters, Choose us!

Offers by Myers gutter services on Angi
    Ironhead Roofing

Ironhead Roofing is a specialty roofing contractor serving the Willamette valley. We offer a wide range of services from small repairs to large commercial projects. Ironhead Roofing is Certainteed ShingleMaster certified and IKO Shield Pro Plus. This allows us to offer the best products and warranties around. We specialize in standing seam metal roofing, asphalt shingles, Cedar roofs and both TPO and PVC membrane roofing. We also offer many different financing plans to fit any budget.

Larrabee Roofing

Yes we do service your area. Larrabee Roofing has 3 small crews. Schedule your free estimate today!! Your estimator will be your project manager on the job ensuring all materials are ordered, clean up and workmanship is perfect. You don’t pay the final invoice until a final inspection by your project manager ensures quality and clean up. At Larrabee Roofing, roofing is about family and security. We make family a priority; ours and yours. Our founder is a husband and father who is committed to operating the business at the highest standards. Every client receives a quality job from quote to installation to clean-up.

Oregon
    Oregon: Contractors
    11/04/2022
    Check, MasterCard, Visa

Skylights, roof, gutters, chimney repair, replacement & cleaning.