Deer Haven Construction, Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since June 2010

3.9

Oregon Construction Contractor Board License number: 186157 Old license number 59545 was closed when we became incorporated last year....

Ace Home Services LLC

Ace Home Services LLC takes pride in offering the following high quality services with exceptional care and customer service! Our goals are simple; we strive to leave your world cleaner than we found it while providing excellent customer service. Contact us today for your free estimate! For a fraction of the cost of replacement, we can extend the life of your roof.

Fitzpatrick Painting Inc

Welcome to Fitzpatrick Painting. We are a painting contractor servicing Salem, Albany, Corvallis and Eugene in Oregon. When it comes to true craftsmanship at a fair rate, nobody beats Fitzpatrick. Our employees are experts in painting projects for both commercial and residential properties. Our employees are back ground checked, drug tested and go through weekly training to ensure that we deliver the very best to our customers.

Alpha 1 General contracting

Carpet Sales/Installation/Repair, Ceramic Tile, Epoxy Flooring, Flooring Sales/Installation/Repair, Hardwood Flooring Sales/Installation/Refinishing, Painting - Interior, Painting - Exterior

07/23/2015

Victor worked with my schedule and came to my home to discuss adding a new bath and remodeling an existing bedroom. He suggested some ideas and referred me to an architect for additional design expertise.

Description of Work
Gave me some design ideas for remodeling a bedroom and adding a new bath.

Category remodeling

02/08/2015

Deer Haven was on time to our appointment and gave us our bid. It was higher than we had hoped and during that time another opportunity came up for us to invest our money in a different way, which we chose to do.

Description of Work
We got an estimate on a kitchen remodel.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

11/19/2014

The project isn't a remodel job but some small repairs.

Category home remodeling

10/17/2014

The workers had to return twice because doors didn't fit properly.

Description of Work
Made and installed cabinet doors for kitchen and bathroom vanity. Installed hood vent over stove.

Category countertops,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

I don't understand how returning to adjust doors on old poorly built cabinets would be a bad thing. I thought we left you very satisfied! Victor

07/20/2013

Victor and his crew are wonderful. This was a big project and lasted about four months. They all tried to make the experience as pleasant as possible. If there was ever anything that was not to our liking, they changed it. Victor wants to make sure his customers are happy, and I am. This was the second time I used Deer Haven, and I would use them again (except my husband might leave if I do any mo...

Description of Work
Demolished old and installed two new decks, remodeled master bath and closet, and renovated two guest baths and kitchen

Category remodeling,home remodeling

07/04/2013

Design and plan approval happened within one week. Porch was added on quickly, bump outs and roof added on later. Gutters right after that. It all went well and was accomplished in approx. two months. Victor was accomodating and helpful with all the estimated costs we asked for. The workers were friendly and I found no alcohol or drug behavior; they were in and out of my house with no problems.

Description of Work
Replaced my mansard rood with a pitched roof, added a new front porch and door, added bump outs added gutters.

Category room remodeling

04/28/2013

I recently contracted with Deer Haven to do a variety of jobs on a house I am renovating. This included demolition, floor repair, wall repair, installing cabinets, and a host of small miscellaneous items recommended by the home inspector retained during the loan process. I am very satisfied with Deer Haven, Victor and his crew. They were on time, courteous, worked hard and accomplished all their work, as expected, and at a reasonable cost. The precision when installing the cabinets was exacting and facilitated a perfect installation of the countertops (by others) and appliances. I would highly recommend Victor Wright and Deer Haven Construction.

Description of Work
Demolition, floor repair, wall repair, installing cabinets, and a host of small miscellaneous repairs

Category room remodeling","home remodeling contractor

02/25/2013

This was a big job with many aspects. There were too many things that were wrong with their work to list here. Some was acceptable but there was a lot that was not. A customer shouldn't have to hound a contractor to do something right. Many aspects were done sloppily. The "finished" product didn't look good or many things they said they fixed didn't work well. One day, they broke my gate lock, rather than calling me to let them in, and then did a shoddy job reinstalling it. The drywall in the kitchen and closet was sloppy. The toilet wasn't straight and I actually had to mention it to the contractor who said he had noticed that and then fixed it. A customer shouldn't have to even point out something that is so obviously wrong. My guess is that he was hoping I wouldn't notice. One of the major parts of this job was getting all the doors so that they shut properly without having to be slammed shut. I had to ask the contractor twice on one of the doors. Finally on the third time, he fixed it. In the end, 2 of the doors didn't close right and the cabinet doors in the bedroom didn't close right. When I ran the water in the sink for which they were supposed to run new lines, it leaked profusely. It made me feel bad to have to repeatedly point out work that wasn't done right. Finally, the contractor quit in the middle of the job. We settled on the work they did and it was no bargain. That was in July. Bit by bit I got the job finished that I had hired them to do and in February tenants moved in. They told me that the garage door wouldn't shut and were forced to leave it unlocked. I called up Deerhaven to fix it because they were supposed to, they came out to fix it but the tenant told me later that they had to finish the work because the knob came off. Final straw. I'm going to Angies List about this company. Lousy experience, unprofessional, sloppy. Do not recommend.

Description of Work
This is a list of what they were supposed to do at an older house in the River Road neighborhood: Install 5 deadbolts on doors; Installed new glass knob/mortice on porch door (looked bad). Adjust closet cabinet doors and drawers (still don't work); Install new board and bead panels in the bathroom (didn't finish nail to wall, bowed out now) and replace the baseboard with pvc base.; Remove garbage disposal and install new drain lines (leaked after they said it was done); Clean out and dispose of junk in garage (partial); complete strand board 3/8' on missing parts of walls after insulating (didn't do); Obtain and hang three 1'x4' narrow wrap T-8 fluorescent lights with diffusers (did good on this one); Install washer and dryer with new dryer venting (didn't do); In kitchen remove wood on walls and hang drywall and hang drywall over wood on ceiling (sloppy job). Tape, prime and texture with orange peel spatter (round corners at entry) (sloppy job); Install new base and casing; Construct paint grade cabinet for above stove hood (didn't do); Run new rigid piping from range hood to existing roof vent (didn't do); In bathroom, caulk in bath fan, install new toilet; install shower door (didn't do); Replace floor strip; In closet, insulate ceiling; Install drywall (sloppy job); Tape, prime and texture (same as kitchen); Install shelves and closet rod (didn't do).

Category drywall contractor","Lighting","plumber","room remodeling","door installer

01/07/2013

Work was fine, accomplished on time.

Description of Work
Demolition of existing counter in kitchen to prepare for her appliances, granite, and tile.

Category room remodeling

01/05/2013

This was an important part of our kitchen refresh. Our home is in an older neighbor hood and we've tried to remain true to a classic style and not spend a fortune as well. Victor's suggestions on tile configuration were right on and I love the border. He was able to remove and replace the old sink with no trouble, which incidentally looks so much better now. The counter is one of the new multi-surface laminates with no seam as we requested. Kitchen work was done with as little dust and mess as could be possible. We are very happy and have several more jobs for him in the future.

Description of Work
We contacted Victor Wright after being rather confused by the bids and instructions from a couple of other contractors. He had a clear concise grasp of the job right away and we felt confident he would have no problem with our request. We asked him to remove old kitchen back splash and kitchen counter ,replace back splash with ceramic tile and lay a new laminate on the counter. Victor prepared the surfaces for the new ones with as little mess as possible. He arranged for the tile to be hung and the counter to be laid by very skilled craftsmen who each did their jobs with integrity.

Category ceramic tile installer","countertop installation","room remodeling","home remodeling contractor

General Contractor - New Structures, Remodels & Additions