Carl's Custom Painting LLC

With Angi since July 2009

Carl's Custom Painting LLC is a complete exterior and interior painting company servicing the Eugene, OR area. We work new construction and re-painting jobs. We will do all of the full prep work and full clean-up. We use the best quality paint. Please ask about our winter specials....

Affinity Painting LLC

Additional Contact name - Shelley L Nelson.

Ace Home Services LLC

Ace Home Services LLC takes pride in offering the following high quality services with exceptional care and customer service! Our goals are simple; we strive to leave your world cleaner than we found it while providing excellent customer service. Contact us today for your free estimate! For a fraction of the cost of replacement, we can extend the life of your roof.

Alpha 1 General contracting

Carpet Sales/Installation/Repair, Ceramic Tile, Epoxy Flooring, Flooring Sales/Installation/Repair, Hardwood Flooring Sales/Installation/Refinishing, Painting - Interior, Painting - Exterior

08/01/2015

I am an out of town landlord and realized as my rental unit was about ready to be rented that there were some water marks on the popcorn ceiling which had been painted 20 yrs ago in the 40 yr old duplex. I called and Carl called me back quickly and was able to book it with just a few days notice. The crew arrived as scheduled at 8 AM and job was done in no time. Carl said they did two layers of pa...

Description of Work
Had my popcorn ceiling painted

10/15/2014

Description of Work
We have a multilevel home that is very difficult to paint so I went on Angie's list to find a qualified painter. I paid special attention to the reviews of previous customers. After choosing Carl's Painting They spent three days prepping our home and on the day they painted their crew showed up on time and did a great job. Our home now looks great and fits in better with our neighborhood.

08/14/2014

We wanted to schedule the job, but he never got back to us via Angies List or by email.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate for a job

06/16/2014

He does an awesome job. He is super reliable. He does meticulous work.

Description of Work
He's painted various areas in our home.

09/26/2013

Was very pleased with the job. He did a good job and was super fast! He came in the morning and put on the first coat and returned later in the day to apply a second coat...and we live 15 miles outside of Eugene.we have another project coming up in the near future and will definately call Carl again!

Description of Work
Painted our master bath.

10/24/2011

He came in here and he went to town. He did a superb job. Some of the other people quoted us $2500. He took three days to complete the job. The doors were already primered. He said the doors really need another coat and said he would put another coat on it. He already quoted me a price. These doors were intricate. I gave him another $100. I thanked him from the bottom of heart to work hard and to do a good job. He did an excellent job in a really good price. He knows that to make a bucket or a big job, he needs to work hard. He really did it. I will call him anytime for inside and outside work. He has got a work ethic. He is pleasant. He charged us $600 and I gave him $100 more. We had people from other company quoting us $2500. This guy touched it up and made it look very nice. The other guy was talking like it was a blank surgery. He did a very nice job. He is good. He is punctual. He knew he made me happy, but he wasn't. He is an excellent young man.

Description of Work
Carls Custom Painting LLC put coats of paint on all interior doors in the house. He touched up the walls, and sanded few places around May.

Category interior painter

12/31/2010

First of all, I had always been told (even by Angie's List info) never to accept the lowest bid. IT IS TRUE! DON'T DO IT!! In spring of 2010, we had LOTS of rain in Eugene and no one was painting their houses. Carl's Custom Paint obviously needed the work and made a bid of $2,800 on my 2500 Sq Ft home. I accepted it. The job started out well, until I realized they were cutting corners. They tried to get by with painting only one coat on the lower shakes of the house. When I pointed it out, they quickly put on another coat. After painting the window trim, I could still see the old color through it. I asked how much to do a third coat, and I got no answer. I was told that "most people don't paint a light color over a darker one." It was obvious at this point that business was picking up, they had other jobs coming up, and didn't want to work on my house anymore. The doors were also painted with only one coat, and now, 7 months later, they are peeling badly! The worst experience was–they painted my small concrete porch with the trim paint. When it started to peel, and I questioned the type of paint, I was told that regular house paint is appropriate for painting concrete and that I just needed to not walk on it for 3 weeks so it would dry properly. I called six paint companies and they all told me "you don't paint concrete with regular house paint. It doesn't have the right adhesives to stick." At least, when it started peeling, Carl, with my prodding, acquiesced and refunded my $100––although he would not admit to any wrongdoing. This is not a very honest person. Basically, I think that Carl is a good painter. I think he has a lot of skill and will do a great job on your house. But, DON'T give him the job if his bid is a lot lower than expected. You really do get what you pay for.

Description of Work
The painter prepped and painted my 2500 Sq Ft home in S. Eugene and also prepped and painted a concrete porch on the front of the house.

Category house painter