Advantage Air Duct Cleaning

Founded 2012 • With Angi since October 2012

3098 Duck Horn Dr

Eugene, OR 97404

Family owned and operated. 15 years experience. Advantage Air Duct Cleaning provides superb quality and thorough furnace and air duct cleaning in Eugene and surrounding areas. With state of the art truck-mounted Power-Vac equipment and 13 years experience in the industry, you can be confident

07/02/2018

Ruth S.

Advantage did the work as quoted in a professional and none invasive manner. They were polite even to our freaked out cats and efficient to minimize disturbing our household considering the invasive needed for the cleaning. The price charged was fair for the work required to clean our ducts.

Description of Work
Air duct cleaning for our heating and AC system.

02/24/2017

Marilyn D.

Nate Hollembaek and his staff were efficient, courteous and extremely tidy. The work was done in a timely manner (2 days total for all the services done on a 6000 sq.ft. home) and they were graciously accommodating with the last minute, end of the day, request for our chimney to be swept. Everything we asked was done with a smile.

Description of Work
We had the ducts on four heat pumps cleaned, the chimney swept and the dryer vent cleaned.

Category chimney sweep, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

08/05/2016

Michael P.

Cleaned the ducts quickly and professionally. B for punctuality since they arrived ~1 hr after the stated start time.

Description of Work
Cleaned air ducts and dryer vent

07/08/2016

Ellen S.

06/21/2016

Judy S.

Nate is fantastic! I have had previous companies do vent cleaning but none came close to how thorough he was. Our 40 year-old home had never had the vents cleaned and they were all filthy. Nate spent almost 6 hours cleaning them all out from the furnace first and then from each floor register vent. He then spent two hours assisting with our fireplace,converting it from wood-burning to an electric insert. He is very through, efficient, friendly, and excellent with creative solutions. Plus, unlike most contractors, someone always answers the phone immediately.

Description of Work
Cleaned out all heat pump vents Cleaned out dryer vent Swept chimney Removed metal insert in fireplace and screening Consulted with electric fire insert

Category chimney sweep, air duct cleaning, fireplaces, dryer vent cleaning

06/18/2016

Samuel E.

Exceptional service. Went above and beyond. Replaced a section of duct that another company gave me the run around about. And he wasn't even at the house to do that specifically. Duct cleaning was fantastic. Very helpful, prompt, courteous, fair price. 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, perfect 10.

Description of Work
Clean ducts and air returns. Replaced old section of duct work.

06/09/2015

BURRLE E.

On time, friendly, responsive to questions, cleaned up thoroughly

Description of Work
Cleaned furnace ducts and electronic filter, plus dryer vent

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

10/28/2014

Kathy M.

Did a great job. Were very responsive. This was a special Angie's list deal, and I do not remember the cost. I know that,because one of our HVAC's was located in an attic, we paid a little extra for the difficulty of getting the equipment up there to clean the ducts. Free dryer vent cleaning was also done. That evening we had trouble getting one of our HVAC's to go into air-conditioning mode. We called Nate and he came back very early the next day and fixed a condensation tray that have gotten out of place on that HVAC during the cleaning and fixed the problem. He was very responsive even in the evening and very very timely and I was surprised that he knew what had gone wrong and could fix it so quickly.

Description of Work
Clean the air ducts for two separate HVAC system. Included a free dryer vent cleaning

10/28/2014

Kathy M.

Nate did a great job and a cleaned up all of the sand that ended up on the roof because of the masonry work. It is hard to find someone to work on chimneys and as far as I concerned it was well worth the cost.

Description of Work
Nate cleaned and re-pointed the masonry on two chimneys on top of our roof. He replaced the caps and weathersealed and cleaned and replaced grout as needed. This was an all day job using skills that are not had by many anymore.

Category masonry, air duct cleaning, chimney repair

09/23/2014

Anne H.

Nate and Kevin were great. On time, cheerful, knowledgeable, answered all my questions and were very easy to have in my home. Their machine was very powerful, and removed much waste that the previous duct cleaners had not been able to remove with their less powerful machine. Nate's machine was very efficient and did not leave any dust anywhere, unlike the previous duct cleaners. Everything looks sparkling clean. I will definitely use them next time, and have already given a recommendation to my friends.

Description of Work
They cleaned my ducts with their super powerful machine, and then used a sanitizer throughout all the ducts to eliminate organisms such as bacteria and molds.

07/14/2014

Susan R.

Everything went well. Concerns about them creating a mess and damaging things were quickly resolved when they arrived. They use small hoses. the whole process took half a day for a 3000 sf. 2 story house. Very responsive and prompt return to check and resolve a noisy fan motor after cleaning. Would recommend without reservation

Description of Work
Complete air duct cleaning

06/04/2014

George B.

Very thorough. Very efficient use of time. Careful not to dirty anything inside the house. Reported on condition of chimney. We have a one-story stainless steel chimney connected to a fireplace insert.

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney and fireplace.

06/03/2014

Robert M.

They coordinated their cleaning with the installation of a new outdoor and indoor heat pump installation. That saved me some money because Advantage didn't have to open up the return air section of the indoor unit. They arrived on time and thoroughly cleaned every run. We noticed a big difference in dust over the next few days....almost none.

Description of Work
Cleaned all our heat pump vents outflow and return. They had never been cleaned. Big difference in noticeable dust. Went from dusting everyday to once a week.

03/07/2014

Sarah S.

I would totally recommend Advantage to anyone, they were tidy, cheerful, thorough and a pleasure to do business with. They will come back in a few years when it is time to clean it all out again.

Description of Work
I had lots of duct cleaning done, really a lot as I have three separate units and it was a complicated job. I loved the service provided, the good attitude and the amount of hard work it took to get my system clean and tidy. Sheet rock dust from our original build years ago came out. My system is running smooth and has reduced wear and tear after getting all the dirt out of the ducts.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

02/21/2014

George B.

Very thorough and efficient. Used drop cloths throughout area and cleaned up after themselves. Explained what they were going to do and showed pictures of results. The ducts had not been cleaned for some 50 years and were filthy as the initial inspection showed.

Description of Work
Cleaned return air ducts and heating supply ducts. Replaced hard-to-find somewhat expensive furnace filter and supplied an extra filter for later use. Repaired under-house return air duct that had come apart. Came in under budget. Estimate was less than two other reputable air duct cleaning companies. Price is based on number of return air and hot air vents. We had 10.

Category air duct cleaning

[removed member name] Thank you so much for your positive review! They're worth their weight in gold and certainly help us grow our business and build a trustworthy reputation. We're very proud to provide the absolute best quality service in the community at a fair price. We value your business just as much as your opinion. Thank you again for taking the time to do this for us. Very much appreciated! Sincerely, Nathan Hollembaek

02/02/2014

Ann L.

Were very efficient and thorough. Actual price was slightly below estimate. Extremely courteous and made careful not to make a mess. Outstanding service. I would ask them back, but now my vents are so clean I won't need help for awhile!

Description of Work
Cleaned all the air ducts and my dryer vent in 3200 square ft. house.

Category air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

It was a pleasure working for you and cleaning your duct system and dryer vent. We're so please that you're so happy with our services. We sincerely appreciate you taking time to write this wonderful review for us! Thank you again!

01/05/2014

Delia S.

Friendly professional & punctual. Unfortunately my heating system blew up a few days later& I had to replace my furnace. Nate did refer me to a professional & my furnace was replaced in time for my company arriving for Christmas. Thanks Guys!

Description of Work
Duct cleaning

Category air duct cleaning

Thank you for your review, although we regret we couldn't earn an A rating in all categories for the service you received. Unfortunately, there is no way to know when a furnace our heat pump is going to fail. We did remove the blower, take it apart, wash the fan and thoroughly cleaned the blower motor. We are very careful as to not damage any electrical components of the system. We do not sell or repair furnaces as it is not our speciality. Cleaning is our specialty and we take much pride in it. We also feel we provide the best service in town at the absolute best price of any of our comparable competitors. We would like Angie's List members to know that we did inspect the furnace and it was at the end of its life prior to the cleaning. We value every customer highly and we try to treat each one as you are our only client.

01/04/2014

Robert F W.

Excellent !!!! Nate and Kevin showed up on time and were very friendly and knew the job at hand. They went beyond what I had expected. Excellent workmanship and very professional!!! They were done on the time they estimated and they explained in detail what they were going to complete and they did. I would recommend Advantage Air to anyone!!!

Description of Work
Cleaned the air ducting on the whole house and then cleaned the blower fan unit. Nate pointed out the problem areas and then showed us what its supposed to look like when cleaned. Very thorough!

Category air duct cleaning

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We value these reviews as much as we value your business. Just taking the time to do this for us is so powerful and helps us grow our business and spread the word about how our service really is the best. It was our pleasure to meet you and perform your cleaning for you. Thanks again!

12/31/2013

Julie R.

They were great! We needed them on short notice to come clean our air ducts the day after archer floors put in our new floors & made a ton of dust. We have a 7 month old baby so it was important that we got the air cleaned ASAP! They were very understanding & fit us in the day that we needed them. They came out & did a wonderful job at cleaning our ducts, were very respectful of our new floors, they put down drop cloths through out the house and took their time to make sure the job was done right. They did the job just before the holidays so with all the Christmas visitors & children & it slipped my mind & i was late paying them but they didn't call relentlessly bugging me about it and were again very understanding. I would use them again in the future! In fact I will be recommending them to my mother for her new house.

Description of Work
Cleaned air ducts

Category air duct cleaning

We appreciate your review more than you know! Your positive review is just as important as the work you have us do for you! Thank you so much again and Happy New Year!

12/18/2013

Marshall F.

They did a great job! They didn't even spend half an hour here. They did it quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Our dryer wasn't running and they cleaned out our dryer vent.

Category dryer vent cleaning

11/19/2013

Steve G.

Perfect. Showed up and did a great job. Nice guys too.

Description of Work
Cleaned dryer duct.

Category dryer vent cleaning

10/04/2013

Diane G.

We've moved quite a bit and always have the air ducts cleaned on each home we buy unless it's new construction. This house had a slight but persistent musty smell despite a deep cleaning so we figured duct cleaning had not been done in a long time, if ever. Nate showed up on time, in a good mood, and worked alone for about 5 hrs. He explained what he was doing and why as he went along and even though I've hired businesses to clean air ducts before I learned a few things thanks to his good communication habits. In the garage he also cleaned the furnace coils and noticed a very thin line of faint rust and mineral deposit low down where the air conditioning condensation line ran through the sheet metal of the furnace. He showed me how someone had wrapped pipe insulation around the condensation pipe but only up to where it went through the sheet metal, instead of wrapping it the full length of the pipe. Where the pipe ran through the sheet metal hole the bare metal touched the side of the hole and caused water from the pipe "sweating" to run down the inside of the furnace. There it pooled on the bottom and raised a nice crop of black mold and more bad smells. This is AFTER the two furnace and AC guys had been there the previous week to do maintenance on this unit which included cleaning the same coils. They missed this entirely, Nate did not. They were embarrassed when I had them come back and fix it. We're grateful to Nate for a job well done, a house that smells fresh instead of musty, and the bonus of 10 colorful Lego blocks he pulled out of one of the ducts. We would absolutely hire him again or recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Cleaned the air ducts in a one-story house we had just bought.

06/24/2013

Mary S.

He concluded that my ducts were clean and I would not need his services for many more years. He could have suggested I needed a major cleaning and I wouldn't have known any better. We have to trust the professionals and he was indeed a professional that can be trusted. I can't think of any higher recommendation for any business service provider. He did not charge me anything for the service call and his time and effort.

Description of Work
Provider gave me an honest appraisal of my needs. He inspected the floor vents and even crawled under the house to investigate my perception of odors emerging from the vents.

12/04/2012

Jeremy R.

The ducts at my primary residence, as well as two of my rental properties were long overdue a professional cleaning. Advantage Air Duct Cleaning was recommended to me by an HVAC contractor friend of mine. Nate, the Owner/Operator of Advantage, coordinated schedules with my wife and my tenants. Not only did Nate do a great job cleaning the ducts, but he also brought to my attention a fire hazard that one of my tenants had created and a separate, unrelated maintenance issue underneath one of the homes. My wife inadvertently created a schedule conflict the day that Nate was to clean the duct work at our home. Although I'm sure that this wreaked havoc on his schedule, Nate was very understanding and accommodating. The bottom line is that Advantage Air Duct Cleaning did an excellent job from start to finish! I plan to use them again in the future and I will also recommend them to my friends and family!

Description of Work
Performed HVAC & clothes dryer vent duct cleaning at three properties.

Category air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

10/18/2012

Edward C.

Advantage Air Duct Cleaning is a small business owned and operated by Nate Hollembaek. He is a family man, who learned his trade from his grandfather. Nate showed up on time and was polite, courteous and professional. He took the time to explain to me the importance of having my ducting cleaned about every 5 years and the procedure he used to clean them. Nate also cleaned my clothes dryer vent, free of charge! Once he was done cleaning my ducting, Nate took the time to clean the area and left it just as clean as it was prior to his arrival. Nate also does chimney cleaning. I would recommend Advantage Air Duct Cleaning to anyone in need of this type of service. **I misspelled the business name in the heading. It should be Advantage Air Duct Cleaning. ** I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Description of Work
Furnace and air duct cleaning.

Category chimney sweep, heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

Bates Construction and Excavation, LLC

Bates Construction and Excavation, LLC is a small company, locally owned and operated by Laura and Ryan Bates-a husband and wife team. Our goal is to bring superior craftmanship and quality to every job we do leaving our clients a finished product that they will enjoy with their loved ones for years to come. We want our legacy to be that of honest, hardworking Americans who take pride in their work and truly make a lasting impression in our community through integrity and dedication to each and every client we earn business with.

Alpine Heating & Air Conditioning

Alpine Heating & Air Conditioning provides an honest affordable solution to your heating and cooling problems or inquiries. We pride ourselves in the ability to work one on one with our customers to ensure they receive exactly the solution that fits their needs. When we are not working hard for our customers we are getting the most up to date training for the products and services we provide. Our product manufactures have placed their highest level of trust in our business and they have given us the ability to provide the best warranty in the business. Yes that means lifetime unit replacement warranty's. Our highly trained technicians are certified to provide the necessary testing needed for state, federal, and local incentive programs. We currently carry a full line of energy efficient products recognized by all incentive or tax credit programs. We provide 24 hour emergency service for residential and commercial systems. We carry a standard $65.00 service call ( includes up to one hour of work ) We offer multi-point inspections / diagnostics with all preventative maintenance services standard $99.00.

Perfect Climate Mechanical LLC

We specialize in all phases of heating and cooling services, installs, repairs, maintenance, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Satisfaction

Residential, commercial & industrial air duct & furnace cleaning, dryer vent cleaning, masonry repair, wood stove installation & removal, insulation removal, filters, diagnosis, damper repair, chimney caps, chimney repair relining & inspections