We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Matthew Horwich LLC

Founded 2002 • With Angi since June 2014

14 Bristol Lane

Rocky River, OH 44116

In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoint...

03/05/2019

Tyrone G.

Matthew was originally hired to assist my nephew in preperation for the Parochial High School Admissions exam. Building a relationship with Matthew was the best thing for my nephew. Matthew was very safe going into this situation creating a trusting a environment. Not knowing what he was walking into, Matthew quickly learned that my nephew’s academic inabilities were far more important than preparing for an high school entrance exam. Immediately Matthew begin working on creating a plan of action. He is very patient, yet intentional about holding my nephew accountable. Moreover, he follows up and send reminders for my nephew (I.e. don’t forget to bring your book home from school, remember to work on your math). Although we have a long way to go, it’s safe to say that we are seeing some progress. Thanks Matthew.

Description of Work
Academic Tutor

Category tutoring

Working with [Member Name Removed]'s nephew has been very rewarding for all of us. I am in close touch with his mother and uncle to discuss his weekly progress. We have planned several things improve his sessions and I am enthusiastic when I see his proficiency grow. I am hoping to work with his younger brother as well. Thanks [Member Name Removed].

01/23/2019

michelle C.

Matthew is a great tutor. He assisted me Math for ASVAB which is an entrance exam for the Military. He helped me refresh my math skills. Not only did he do a good job teaching me the material he also taught me in a way that I would be able to remember everything. He is also very flexible and definely cares about his students! Thank you!

Description of Work
Tutor Math

Category tutoring

I worked with [Member Name Removed] who is currently a Sergeant in the US Army and in training to move up further in the ranks. She was focused, determined and an attentive learner. It was my pleasure to have the opportunity to work with her.

08/05/2018

Robert C.

I hired Matt based on positive reviews. What a great choice. My daughter had taken SAT's 3 times before contacting Matt. She was 30 points away from qualifying for a substantial scholarship. With only one more chance and 3 weeks to prepare, I decided to give Matt a chance. He was very professional, punctual, and made my daughter feel at ease. He provided study materials and gave very helpful instructions and tips. Her score went up an unbelievable 60 points in 3 weeks! She was able to get the scholarship and is set to start college in 3 weeks. I would recommend him to anyone and will definitely use him again.

Description of Work
SAT Tutor - Online

Category tutoring

Working with [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed]'s daughter [Member Name Removed] was a pleasure. She was always came prepared to each of her lessons. Since we do not live in the same state, we conducted the sessions online. [Member Name Removed] remained focused each time, and I could see her scores go up steadily each time we completed a practice section. Earning a scholarship based upon academic performance on standardized tests can mean opening the doors to a dream school. I can't wait to hear about it.

11/02/2017

Anna P.

Matthew is great! He was able to get my son up and running online in no time. He is very responsive and organized. Got my son who has ADHD to do his work and he actually doesn’t mind being tutored now.

Description of Work
Algebra and biology tutoring

Category tutoring

I met with [Member Name Removed]'s son [Member Name Removed] a few times a week over the course of his school year. Algebra and Biology were the primary areas of focus. However, we took a broader approach and worked on such diverse subjects as English composition and Global Studies. Although it is challenging to teach, it is also difficult to instill academic ambition and self-motivation. I believe that [Member Name Removed] gained knowledge, a better work ethic and self-sufficiency. I am looking forward to hearing about another successful year.

10/24/2017

Justin T.

I hired Matthew based upon other reviewers' impressive reviews, and satisfaction of how well Matthew was able to teach their child. Others have stated how well Matthew was able to teach younger children successfully by identifying specific needs, and communicating in a way a younger person can understand the best. I agree. After spending many sessions with my 15 year old daughter, I saw that Matthew has the ability to identify specific needs quickly, communicate effectively towards the student's needs, and is passionate of the student's success. I enjoyed watching my daughter, Hannah, work together with Matthew. He really brought new confidence to Hannah, and was passionate about her succeeding. Although this year's tennis season is coming to a close soon, my daughter and I would like to continue sessions next season. Thank you very much Matthew!

Description of Work
Tennis Lessons

Category tutoring

I worked with [Member Name Removed]'s daughter [Member Name Removed] during her tennis season. She always came with an enthusiastic attitude and was ready to absorb any coaching tips I would give her. I saw significant improvement in a short time. She is a valued member of the girls team at her high school, and a tough competitor. I look forward to hearing more about her future successes.

10/23/2017

Carroll N.

Matthew explained his approach to coaching and the plan so we were able to make an educated choice on the best tutor for our son. Matthew was responsive, organized and worked very well with our son. He communicated directly with our son and cc:ed me so that I was aware of the plan and f/u. His scores did improve on the SAT and we were pleased with the investment.

Description of Work
SAT prep coaching/tutoring for HS Senior

Category tutoring

I enjoyed working with [Member Name Removed]'s son Declan for several weeks before he completely his final SAT. His score improved and he was accepted to one of his top choices on his list of prestigious music schools in the country. Declan is a very focused young man and is sure to be successful in university.

10/18/2017

Rhonda A.

After speaking to multiple tutoring companies, we discovered Matthew. Matthew was very professional and made my son feel comfortable. They had a total of 5 tutoring sessions covering Math, English, Science and Reading. My son took the ACT after his tutoring sessions and scored a 23. We were very pleased with the progress our son made by going from an ACT score of 19 to 23 after only 5 sessions with Matthew. I would highly recommend Matthew J. Horwich to anyone needing tutoring.

Description of Work
My son was struggling with his ACT scores. He took the test twice on his own and only scored an 18 and 19. My son needed help so we looked into tutoring.

Category tutoring, accountant

Working with her son Chase was such a pleasure! He studied diligently and used the techniques, tips and tricks I taught him. He reaped the benefits and was accepted to the college of his choice. Nice work Chase!

DETROIT AUTO CLINIC LLC

Detroit Auto Clinic, LLC. is Cleveland's one stop auto service shop for all your foreign or domestic auto repair needs. We are dedicated to provide our customers with the highest quality repairs. Our experienced Mechanics are trained to diagnosis and ready to perform all the repairs and maintenance necessary to keep your vehicle running right.

MARY ANNE'S PLACE

We can take care of all of your sewing and alteration needs.

My Computer Works

Accountants/Tax Consultants
    Apartments
    Electronic Gadget Repair
    Hospitals - Intensive Care
    Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, LSAT, GED Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, QuickBooks Special Needs: ADHD, Dyslexia, Autism, Asperger's, study skills Music: theory, ear training, improvisation

none