Proper lawn mower maintenance can keep it running longer. Whether it's sharpening blades or getting a professional mower tuneup, follow these maintenance tips.
Find top lawn mower repair services in Petersburg, OH
There are 1 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 2 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in Petersburg
- Greenville Tire & Rubber SupplyGreenville Tire and Rubber Supply were prompt, courteous and helpful. They knew what they were talking about. They've been established for some time now. I get tires for my car there too. They seem to be very fair in price. They also do automobile inspection. My mother is going to get some tire for her car and I recommended that she go to them
- VERNON'S INDUSTRIAL INCWe were referred to Vernon's by the handler of the warrenty on our tractor. They picked our tractor up in a timely fashion, repaired it and returned it within 3 days. In the mean time we were kept informed of the work needed and repairs done.
- CORTLAND MOWER SALES INCI chose them because they were nearby. It was easy to get the equipment to them, meaning that timely, they said yes, they could get it done quickly. They do well. I will continue to use this company in the future.
- FOUR WAYS SALES & SVCTook root tiller to their facility, they do not usually work on my manufacttor of device but agreeded to check it out, they did a good job.
- CORTLAND MOWER SALES INCWhen the mower was returned to me, I checked all fluid levels before using it. They had failed to add transmission fluid. I have never done business with them since. The questionairre asked for approximate date of service...it was actually near 2000 this service was performed, but this year was not among those listed
- AGNEW FARM EQUIPMENTDuring every phase of the repair, employees were rude, unfriendly, unappreciative, unresponsive, and most importantly unable to fix what I paid an excessive amount of money for. Here's how my experience went: - Loaded broken lawn mower into truck and drove to Agnew Lawn and Garden. There was one person behind a counter and one customer ahead of me. Even though it was obvious I was there for a repair, the man at the counter waited until he completed waiting on someone else to tell me I had to go to the 'other' counter for repair? Really? The other counter where there is no employee? Oh wait, there she is in the back on a personal phone call! - Go over to 'Service' counter where rude lady reluctantly ended her phone call after a few minutes, finally came and asked what I wanted. Upon informing rude woman who should have retired decades ago that I had brought my mower for repair, she gleamed for the only time as she informed me it would be two weeks. Really? to fix a lawn mower? As I am relatively new to Boardman, I knew of no other place to get mower repaired, so I reluctantly left my $20 deposit and a pointing finger on where I needed to drop off my mower. Was there ever a thank you? Not in this place! - Dropped mower off in back garage where an older gentleman who, admittedly was amiable enough, stashed my mower amongst the other unfortunates that had already previously done the same. - 14 days later I rec'd a call that the repair would be $110 and did I want them to move forward with it? As I gazed out on the cattle grazing on what used to be my lawn, I pondered my choices and agreed to let them do the work. Did I hear a thank you here? Nope, not in this place. I asked if it would be ready the next day, which would have made it available before the weekend and only received a smart a** response that if no one called me it wouldn't be ready. Hmmm. - 3 days later I rec'd a call that the mower - which incidentally is barely worth $110 - was ready to be picked up. Drove over and rude lady 1 was talking to rude lady 2, only half paying attention to the transaction of taking the balance of my $110. What's that? Did I hear a thank you for my business? Not in this place. - Went in back and had to help load mower into my truck. Surely now I'd get a thanks for your business?! Nope, NEVER happened. - Got home and started mower right away. Ran perfectly for about 6 minutes and then died. again, and again, and again, until it would start no more. This is easily the worst service I have received anywhere in this town where bad service is just an accepted way of life. There ARE other places to get mower repair and I can't imagine any of them could be worse than Agnew Lawn and Garden. Do yourself a favor and don't find out the hard way like I did
- DO-CUT SALES & SERVICEHow did it go? From the start it went lousy although I didn't know it at the time. I paid almost $6K for this mower and Husqvarna was offering a rebate on it that would have totaled $550.00. The day I bought it I made a down payment of $1K and signed the finance forms and I asked the sales person about the rebate forms and he told me that they handled that and would send them to Husqvarna for me and I said great. Well to make a long story short after waiting quite awhile for the check I asked the salesman about the rebate when I called Do-cut to come and pick up my mower on 5/4/15. Now I know this is quite along time to inquire about my rebate but it is what it is and believe me do-cut let me know it but they weren't at all concerned about me not getting the rebate. And other than the salesman lying to me telling me he never told me that they would send the rebate forms in that is all that they would say about it other than saying ...... Well that rebate is long over. I talked to the owner ( they have two stores ) and although he was sympathetic about it he echoed what his other store said. There was no negotiating ,no well I feel bad about it how about I give you a nice discount on some accessories or something like that. I offered him a peace keeping deal like ( I'll take care of my customer deal because he chose my dealership to spend him $6K and I feel bad about this). I said how about giving me a stihl chain saw that would retail what my rebate is worth and he would only have his cost into it but he nixed that deal and wined like a baby about how he couldn't afford to do this, no negotiating take no prisoners . I even talked to Husqvarna about and they didn't even care about what type of dealers that is selling their product ,all they said was that rebate is over. The person at customer service at Husky even hung up on me and I wasn't being rude or lude either. Now on to their service. This will be shorter because I will not be going back to this place at least I hope to the Lord I don't have to. They delivered my mower on well lets see the date is 5/08/15 on the invoice but that's when they completed repairs ( notice I didn't say fixed my mower ) they delivered it about a week later, they only have one delivery truck work must be booming. So after delivery I started to mow the grass and then stopped and went in the house for a drink of water, went back outside to finish the mowing the grass pushed the parking brake down and wouldn't you know it same thing I pull the sticks in and the motor would stall , so after moving the parking brake up and down several times I got it to move so I was able to finish mowing. So I call Do-cut and talk to the professional staff member and ask when they can come and pick it up and fix it and the professional staff member said I don't know maybe Friday and this was Monday when I placed the call. So I get off the phone and make a phone call to Do-cuts owner and I said look I have a mower with 15 hrs. on the meter and I can't mow my grass and it was just delivered from your service department today and your other store doesn't know for sure when they could pick it up so he said he would call the other store. . Well it wasn't to long before the store called and caller wasn't to happy that I ratted on him and went over his head and called the owner. Before we scheduled a pickup date I said I better make sure I can get it out of the garage so he says to me well you better make sure because we sure don't want to send the delivery guy out there for nothing so I thought well boo hoo hoo. So I started the Husky up and guess what I can't get it out of the garage so taking matters into my own hands I poked around and found out that the pivot bolt that holds the cam that is in between the switch and the lever was to tight loosened the bolt and now it works perfect and I didn't even go to Husqvarna school of fixing these things , I thought about calling Husqvarna and tell them I have a repair bill to send them for $550.00. Did I say this wouldn't take long but doggone once you get me on my soapbox you can't get me off it and I sure wanted to give the people in my area a blow by blow warning on what could await you if you should deal at this dealership they either need to warn you about their practices or pass out sample size packs or larger ( depends on how much you spend ) of some kind of lubricant with your purchase I know I was walking a little funny for a while, you have been warned. Now on to the BBB
- CORTLAND MOWER SALES INCMy 18 year old mower would not start. Since I had purchased a new mower for my home I was using this one at my weekend cottage. I was informed that the price would be around $500 to repair it. I was reluctant to allow the repair work because of the age of my mower, but the service manager said that it was still a very good mower and they don't "make them the new ones as good as this anymore". In spite of my trepidation I agreed to get the work done. After Cortland Mower keeping the mower over a month and charging me over $500 I picked it up and took it an hour away to my rural weekend cottage. The following weekend I went to start it and it would not start at all nor would the battery charge. I loaded it back in my truck and made the hour trip back to Cortland Mower. They kept the mower another two weeks and then informed me that it would be another $150+ for additional work that they had to do. I explained the age of the mower, what I had already paid, etc. The service manager would not compromise, admit any culpability, or even take $10 off the additional charges. At this point he threatened to sell the mower if I didn't pay the additional charges and pick it up. I really had no choice, but again tried to reason with him when I picked it up. When I challenged the veracity of the dealership over this shady transaction he became abusive. He personalized his comments and told me to get off his property. I asked him to call the local police so that we could jointly file a report and he refused. He told me that I could file any report I wanted to and then cursed me out. At that point I could see that he was very angry and I asked to just have someone help to load the mower on my pick up truck and I would leave. He refused and told me to load it myself. I informed him that I was a 60 year old military veteran with a heart condition and shouldn't push it up the pick up truck ramp myself. He said that he didn't care and then walked away. I pushed it up myself which left me breathless. I have thought about this for two months now and finally decided to report the incident to Angie's list. This is the first time that I have ever written a negative report on anyone, but I don't see any alternative. I could have saved money by going to a large dealership for the repair, but have been a good customer to Cortland Mower for twenty years. I even purchased this mower from them originally and would have purchased another from them if they said that the mower was not cost effective to fix. I even bought mower oil and batteries from them rather than the big box stores to keep the money in my community. The bottom line is that I have never been treated that badly or felt so abused as a customer in my entire life. I would never recommend Cortland Mower to anyone ever again and even considered legal recourse. I hope that no one ever has the same experience that I had with Cortland Mower and would caution anyone from using their service department
- Mc Cullough HardwareI had been calling around to get quotes on servicing my tractor and McCullough had the best pricing out of the quotes I had gotten. They sounded really nice on the phone and made it sound like it wouldn't be a problem to get my tractor in and out. I didn't get an exact time frame, but considering it was just a routine service job and a flat tire, I assumed it would be quick. It is now May 1st and I still don't have my tractor/mower back. I have been calling several times a week for the last few weeks to find out when it will be done and I keep getting told that "maybe tomorrow" it will be ready. I'm starting to feel like they take on as many jobs as possible and probably have more jobs lined up than time to complete them
Lawn Mower Repair Services in Petersburg
- Business Description:Specializing in residential lawn care and landscaping services in Columbiana, Mahoning and Surrounding counties. Stephen Turf Company takes pride in providing high quality and professional service to meet all of our client's needs. We strive to put you first! With over 10 years of industry experience, our abilities allow us to enhance your landscape in a variety of ways. Call today for a free consultation!Recent Review:My last lawn fert company was doing a terrible job, patches of crab grass all over and they left weeds all around the foundation of my garage. It looked terrible. I found these guys at a home improvement show and they came out right away to give me a quote. They where very friendly and quick. Not only do they have great customer service they also beat the price of my last lawn company. I would recommend them to anyone.Steve T.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Tractors, Farm Equipment, Ground Care Equipment,Zero Turn mowers, Bailers, Combines Sales, Service.Parts, AccessoriesRecent Review:Terrible, was berated by owners sonjoan p.
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts a..Recent Review:1st repair man said he fixed ice maker and did not. Said he could not do anything about sound. 2nd repair man had to replace ice maker and could not do anything about sound.Ellyn M.
- Business Description:Residential, commercial, industrial tree and landscape service
- Business Description:Locally owned and operated lawn equipment repair shop providing maintenance and repairs to residential and commercial lawn and landscaping equipment.
- Business Description:Superior Subcontracting ServicesRecent Review:Kept making promises of when the job would be started then would keep putting the start date.Edward S.
- Business Description:At R.E.S. Construction, our goal is to not only help you design and build your dream home, but to make the process easy and enjoyable for you. We can budget your new home or remodel project to meet your exact financial needs. We can help with your selection of the perfect building lot. You'll find us competitively priced, well-organized, and quick to completion on your new commercial building or remodel or build-out. We are a full-service design/build company with a wide range of experience...Recent Review:<p>This is one the best firms I have ever worked with. Pleasant and professional and gets the job done on time. In addition, they pay attention to detail and are clean. There was no left over debris or material on site. They are honest and fair in pricing. They will work with you on design and color patterns. Excellent Excellent</p> <br /Joe C.
- Business Description:Outdoor power equipmentRecent Review:During every phase of the repair, employees were rude, unfriendly, unappreciative, unresponsive, and most importantly unable to fix what I paid an excessive amount of money for. Here's how my experience went: <br /> - Loaded broken lawn mower into truck and drove to Agnew Lawn and Garden. There was one person behind a counter and one customer ahead of me. Even though it was obvious I was there for a repair, the man at the counter waited until he completed waiting on someone else to tell me I had to go to the 'other' counter for repair? Really? The other counter where there is no employee? Oh wait, there she is in the back on a personal phone call! <br /> - Go over to 'Service' counter where rude lady reluctantly ended her phone call after a few minutes, finally came and asked what I wanted. Upon informing rude woman who should have retired decades ago that I had brought my mower for repair, she gleamed for the only time as she informed me it would be two weeks. Really? to fix a lawn mower? As I am relatively new to Boardman, I knew of no other place to get mower repaired, so I reluctantly left my $20 deposit and a pointing finger on where I needed to drop off my mower. Was there ever a thank you? Not in this place! <br /> - Dropped mower off in back garage where an older gentleman who, admittedly was amiable enough, stashed my mower amongst the other unfortunates that had already previously done the same. <br /> - 14 days later I rec'd a call that the repair would be $110 and did I want them to move forward with it? As I gazed out on the cattle grazing on what used to be my lawn, I pondered my choices and agreed to let them do the work. Did I hear a thank you here? Nope, not in this place. I asked if it would be ready the next day, which would have made it available before the weekend and only received a smart a** response that if no one called me it wouldn't be ready. Hmmm. <br /> - 3 days later I rec'd a call that the mower - which incidentally is barely worth $110 - was ready to be picked up. Drove over and rude lady 1 was talking to rude lady 2, only half paying attention to the transaction of taking the balance of my $110. What's that? Did I hear a thank you for my business? Not in this place. <br /> - Went in back and had to help load mower into my truck. Surely now I'd get a thanks for your business?! Nope, NEVER happened. <br /> - Got home and started mower right away. Ran perfectly for about 6 minutes and then died. again, and again, and again, until it would start no more. <br /> This is easily the worst service I have received anywhere in this town where bad service is just an accepted way of life. There ARE other places to get mower repair and I can't imagine any of them could be worse than Agnew Lawn and Garden. Do yourself a favor and don't find out the hard way like I did. <br /> <br /> <br /Robert M.
- Business Description:1. We are Welding and Fabricating Co. 2. We have 3-11 employees(depending on the economy) 3. We only use subcontractors for work needed that we can't perform. 4. We are a manufacturing Co. that builds & sells 5 gallon water bottle storage racks 5. Pricing accordingly to each specific purchase or job. 6. Angie" List Members discount n/a at this time. 7. we are small, family company and treat our employees as such
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
If your lawn mower will not start, it may have a clogged air filter or bad spark plug. A lawn mower repair pro walks through how to fix and avoid problems.
Reel lawn mowers make a comeback over power mowers thanks to their operating ease and affordability. Learn if a rotary mower is a smart choice for you.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- New Springfield
- New Middletown
- East Palestine
- New Waterford
- North Lima
- New Castle
lawn mower repair shops in Petersburg
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- AGNEW FARM EQUIPMENT7700 MARKET ST
- AGNEW FARM EQUIPMENT
- Black Sheep Enterprise430 5th St
- Black Sheep Enterprise
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- No Limit Repair Shop, LLC7730 Southern Blvd
- No Limit Repair Shop, LLC
- Watson's Inc7130 East State Street
- Watson's Inc