Altered Scapes Inc

Founded 2007 • With Angi since October 2007

4.3

6691 Blue Holly Drive

LEWIS CENTER, OH 43035

Altered Scapes team shares a passion for excellence and is dedicated to customer satisfaction. We are fully licensed and insured, and we truly care about the quality of work we provide. Rarely will you find a landscape company in which one call will take care of all your landscaping needs. When it

12/11/2013

Steven L.

The overall experience with this company was very bad. He performed the estimate in April on the drainage, seeding, and fertilization. His team came out pretty quickly and completed the slicer seeding. Scott told me I was fine to mow over it and never mentioned needing to water it or anything. That was wrong. I was told later that I should've waited weeks to mow over it, and avoided mowing over it if at all possible. During the estimate phase I told him I knew nothing about grass management and needed all the help I could get. I also signed up for several fertilization treatments. His team completed one, and it was great. For the second one, two guys showed up, got out of the truck, walked around part of the front lawn for five minutes, and left. He claimed he trusted his team and they laid down fertilizer, but my wife was there the entire time, and his team never came back to put any fertilizer down. He also never notified me that fertilization was done. The only way we knew it happened was by looking at the grass. There were no signs posted, and no invoice or note at the door. The worst part of the entire experience was the fact that the drains were not completed until July. He told me countless times that his team would be out that week to do the work, but he never showed up. I would give him the benefit of the doubt, wait a few days, and call him back. Sometimes he would pick up, sometimes he would not. Either way, the work was not done in a respectable timeframe. I kept my cool, and put a deadline on the work in my mind. I had other companies come out to estimate the drains, and hired another fertilization person. On the day I was prepared to call Scott and cancel, he actually showed up to do the work. His team came in, and did the work in 4 hours. I waited 3 months for 4 hours of work?! I inspected the work, and it looked ok. Over the past several months though, I have noticed that I will need to finish the job by having another company come out and partially redo part of one drain, and install cisterns on all of them. I also looked over the driveway, where he brought his equipment in. He left several small divots in the driveway that require fill ins or repaving. He also killed 2-3 of my plants while his team installed the drainage. He previously told me all the plants would be fine and he would be fine to work around them. His team even forgot to replant 2 of them! Also, his team tried to dump dirt into a brush pile, but the brush pile was not on our property. My wife stopped them before the team could do that part. Scott called me the day the work was done and told me he would be by that night to pick up the check. I almost laughed that it took him 3 months to do 4 hours of work, and then he wanted payment that night. I talked to him about my disappointment with the driveway, plants, and timeframe it took him to do the work. He only took $130 off of the price, and blamed the 3 months it took him to do the work, on bad weather. I do admit, there was a stretch of about 2 weeks where it rained hard every day, and there was no way to get the work done. BUT, this weather started 2 months after the original estimate. What made it worse was that I wanted the drainage done for the bad weather! Scott did offer to come out and build a small cistern around the drains to take care of excessive water runoff from the new downspout pipes, but I had no intention of letting his team back on my property. I also cancelled the remaining fertilization treatments.

Description of Work
Scott came out in April and gave me an estimate. He was very punctual on the estimate, took some measurements, and we talked about the work he would perform. I needed him to come in with a team and install drainage pipes, extending the current drainage pipes underground to some runoff places. I needed this done on 3 different downspout sites along the house, and then I needed him to slicer seed some of the yard and to do some fertilizing.

Category drain pipe, hardscaping

03/18/2013

lawrence A.

na

Description of Work
Scott did not write an estimate or communicate the costs to me until the job was finished. I did not plan on spending this much, but the work was more than I anticipated. They did a great job, and were very artistic with the vision of what they could do. I would defifnately set a budget or get a firm quote before the next project.

05/11/2011

Matt M.

We had previous experience working with Scott and his team at our previous home and loved the results. We recently moved into a new home and noticed that the previous owners installed the patio themselves. That being said, we knew we had to hire a professional company to come out and start from scratch and built it right. We did our due diligence and met with a couple of different companies regarding the project. Scott was the only person that truly listened to us and seemed to actually care. You can really see that he is passionate about his work and we really liked that. It was an easy decision to work with Scott and his team for a second time! Scott designed patio based on our needs and wants and did a great job adjusting to our design ideas during installation. He was very flexible with change and was very accommodating. We challenged Scott and his team as they had to excavate several different patio jobs from previous homeowners that were unexpected. This took place before they could even lay the patio. The team showed up everyday as they said they would and even worked on Saturday's to complete the job. We are VERY happy with the results and HIGHLY recommend Altered Scapes to anybody. We know from experience that the do great quality work and are passionate about each and every job.

Description of Work
Brickpaver Patio, Landscape lighting, excavation, landscape design, plantings, complete backyard living area.

Category decks, landscaping, lighting, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

01/27/2010

MARCA R.

Went very well! I was so happy to have a "new" backyard. Makes it look amazing. Excellant results and would recommend. Time frame was met- and he discounted out quote for reusing materials.

Description of Work
Scott and his crew came out and completely redid our backyard. Pulled away debris, leveled our formally bumpy yard, put in "playground" mulch, a new brick sidewalk, and new beds where there were none.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

07/10/2008

MARCA R.

Scott and his crew were on site every morning by 7:30 and were only 1 day beyond estimated completion due to rain. His cost maintained exactly per the estimate with the only change coming because of a change in desired material on our part. Scott listened to our needs and proposed a design that fix perfectly. He offered professional insight & suggestion to any areas of uncertainty and provided us options when we wanted something changed. Scott and his crew have the proper experience, talent & equipment to efficiently provide only the most desirable & professional results. We could not be happier with final product and would recommend Altered Scapes to anyone without hesitation.

Description of Work
Altered Scapes replaced an existing brick sidewalk adjacent to the foundation of our home that had settled considerably; causing water to drain toward the house and seep into the basement. The primary effort surrounded re-grading the elevation for proper drainage and to match the brick pattern of a newer, adjoining section of walk in the front of the home. In addition, flowerbeds were to be incorporated between the walk and the foundation, downspout drainage was run to the curb and buried beneath the walk and an additional walk was laid in the rear of the home to join an existing patio and deck.

Category landscaping, masonry, hardscaping

06/27/2008

PETER M.

They were very creative. I was very pleased with their great ideas. They do good work. It was an ok experience. I was just not happy that they did not do a follow-up.

Description of Work
They installed a new walkway for us. They also removed some trees. They also installed some lighting and did some small landscaping.

06/27/2008

PETER M.

Category hardscaping

10/22/2007

PATRICK P.

wonderfully. Scott delivered the proposal, we set a time line and he maintained it. We had a couple challenges after we started with making the design work. Scott had great suggestions that we affordable. The end product is amazing. He really understood our needs and desired look and feel and brought it to life.

Description of Work
Removed old patio and created a beautiful landscaped private patio area.

10/22/2007

PATRICK P.

Description of Work
Removed old patio and created a beautiful landscaped private patio area.

Category hardscaping

DLG Property Services, LLC

2022 Super Service Award

Landscape Design Solutions, LLC

Provide the best client experience for each of our client's from our initial meeting to completion of the project. Attention to detail & being consistent on our landscape services is what brings our client's back to us each year. We are always striving to improve our techniques to help our clients understand what we can do for them & their landscape needs. Through education & researching new design software we can provide a client experience that is unrivaled. Whether it is transforming your back yard into an outdoor living space, renovating your landscape or just having a patio installed we can meet and exceed your expectations. Allow us the opportunity to serve you in your landscape needs. We can create a landscape that adds value to your home & enjoyment for you & your family for years to come.

Curt’s Brick & Stone LLC

Specializing in pavers and stamped concrete. We are patio and driveway specialists. In business since 2002, we have served over 1000 residential customers. We have 6 full-time employees and some seasonal help as well.

Residential & Commercial Landscape Design & Installation; Walkways & Driveway Construction; Nursery Grown Trees & Shrubs; Installed Design & Build Retaining Walls; Water gardens; Walls, Brick and Stone work; Spectacular patios and BBQs; Landscape Lighting; Mulching & Mulch Bed Weed Control

Maintenance.