Stahl Mowery Construction

Founded 2007 • With Angi since April 2010

1991 State Route 309

Alger, OH 45812

Stahl Mowery is a full service General Contractor serving a 50 mile radius of Lima, Ohio. We use trusted subcontractors who we have built working relationships with over the past 15 years in the industry, to help keep our overhead down without sacrificing quality. We offer free estimates and emergency services, and employ a 24 hours answering service....

08/10/2017

Thomas S.

I had to follow-up several times to schedule a time for someone to look at what I wanted to get done. I was told that would get a quote within a week. It is now three weeks and no communication has been made. I have called several times with no response.

Description of Work
Remodeling work on our church and daycare.

Category contractors,picture framing,remodeling,siding,woodworking,doors

10/10/2016

John F.

called me back said would come give an estimate never showed up. called again two weeks later never called back

Description of Work
wanted a garage door replaced for starters

Category garage builders

08/30/2016

Ronica H.

Description of Work
Wanted simple quote on a loft in barn to be built. Delay in response and then never even received a quote after the fact.

Category siding

12/25/2015

paul F.

Unknown.

Description of Work
Made physical contact with the contractor to arrange for a quote and potentially proceed with work but the contractor never called back.

Category siding

10/21/2015

tim S.

Description of Work
New metal roof. Was very pleased with the Amish crews workmanship

Category contractors,drywall,picture framing,gutter repair,remodeling,siding,replacement windows,home builders,woodworking,home remodeling,doors

04/16/2015

Lisa H.

Description of Work
Called for estimate. Set time and date. nNver showed or called to cancel.

Category contractors,decks,drywall,picture framing,gutter repair,remodeling,siding,home remodeling

(removed member name)- I am sorry if there was confusion and apologize for not being able to help you. Our schedule could not accommodate making the repairs to your sold home within the time frame you requested (one week), and I was under the impression you had several other people coming to look at the repairs.

04/10/2015

Amy H.

Description of Work
Stahl Mowery helped us design a new kitchen and a new bath, a bath that used to be a pantry and had a pass-through. The kitchen had challenges, too. One wall was the back of the adjoining room's fireplace, and it jutted into the space by about three inches. We own an old house, and it had lots of windows and doors that made a continuous run of wall cabinets difficult. But Paul and John came up with elegant and innovative solutions. They covered up one of our kitchen windows, to give us the cabinets we needed. They covered up one of the doorways in the bathroom/pantry and put a shower stall there, while on the other side of the door frame, in the dining room, they preserved the beautiful oak door and antique fittings by turning the "passage to nowhere" into a liquor cabinet with custom shelves fitted into the door frame. They fleshed out the fireplace wall, which ended up presenting the team with big challenges when it came to ensuring that the sink was centered in the window on the adjacent wall, but they figured it out! The cabinets Stahl Mowery uses, Schrock, had asymmetrical lazy Susan corner cabinets that worked really well here. The cabinets are gorgeous. Schrock offers a wide range of designs, stains and storage options that fit our budget and gives us lots of fun, creative options for pots, pans, lids, dry goods and baking sheets. | |There were hiccups, as there always are with big jobs like this. Illness set back the installation of our drywall by about a week. The granite slab we had originally selected with Countertop Shop in Holland, Ohio was too small and we had to pick a new design. Their staff was helpful and knew what we had in mind, and was able to guide us to a piece that was, frankly, just as good if not better as our first choice. However, this, too, set us back several days. We were prepared for this, though, because Paul and John made sure to communicate with us about revised timelines. | |Stahl Mowery's subcontractors were friendly, cleaned as they went, and did excellent work. A few times, though, they did not show up when they said they would, either arriving later in the day or coming the following day. This is what accounts for the "B" rating on punctuality. | |Special kudos to their cabinetry man, Dan, who is extraordinarily skilled, deliberate and thoughtful. And a big thanks to Chris, the plumber/electrician, who went above and beyond his assigned role to assist us. | |Stahl Mowery helped us get a gorgeous, functional and efficient kitchen and bath combo through creativity, ingenuity, highly skilled work and friendly service. We're already thinking of how they can help us with our attic and unfinished garage!

03/02/2015

Kat R.

My husband and I are so happy with Stahl Mowery Construction. After building our new home we hired them to build our Pole Barn. Their work is top notch and we appreciate their willingness to meet our every expectation. We would have to say if you are looking for the full package, meaning a company who is trustworthy, timely and does the best quality work for the best price, here they are! Again we are very satisfied with our new pole barn/garage. It is everything we expected it to be. We will definitely look no further for any of our future construction needs. Thanks you guys for everything and we would definitely recommend you to anyone looking to build!

Description of Work
Complete construction of a 30' x 45' Pole Barn/Garage including concrete floor, metal siding and trimming, two large garage doors, One extra large garage door, one entry door with covered porch.

Category concrete repair,decks,garage doors,siding,garage builders,home builders,woodworking,doors

03/02/2015

Kat R.

My husband and I are so happy with Stahl Mowery Construction. Their work is top notch and we appreciated their willingness to meet our every expectation. We would have to say if you are looking for the full package, meaning a company who is trustworthy, timely and does the best quality work for the best price, here they are! After building our new home, we hired Stahl Mowery Construction to build our large pole barn/garage. We will definitely look no further for any of our future construction needs. Thanks you guys for everything and we would definitely recommend you to anyone looking to build!

Description of Work
Complete construction of 30' x 45' pole barn including metal siding and trimming, two large garage doors, one extra large garage door, one walk in door with covered porch, and concrete floor.

Category concrete repair,decks,electrician,garage doors,lighting,siding,replacement windows,garage builders,home builders,woodworking,doors

Thank you so much for taking time to share your kind words. We loved working on this home, and later the post frame building. You were wonderful clients to work with, and have one of the most beautiful homes we ever built. Thank you for giving us the opportunity and trusting us to build your dream home,

02/22/2015

Chandra H.

One of the things we loved about working with Stahl-Mowery was the ideas they had. We had worked previously with an architect to get ideas and we actually liked Paul's ideas and plans better. I wanted a large open kitchen/sunroom addition with lots of windows and a patio door where I could see the countryside and we loved his ideas on how to achieve it. He also suggested a covered porch off of the kitchen/sunroom with a fan that is great for sitting outside. We enlarged and covered the front porch as well. It was a very large project because not only were we adding an addition, we were also bringing the rest of the house up to modern day standards as it had no central heat, very few lights and outlets and no upstairs bath. We added outlets/switches/lights to each room, the basement, the attic, as well as many ceiling fans. We had issues with old plaster that needed to be repaired/replaced. Most of the wood floors were refinished except for in the kitchen/dining room/laundry room where we had to put down new flooring. They added a laundry room with a closet and laundry tub vanity. The entire interior of the house was repainted as well. We took one of the upstairs bathrooms and made it into a bathroom. The toilet is enclosed in its own little room with a pocket door and we have a large shower, vanity and linen closet. We absolutely love the bathroom. However, our favorite room is the kitchen/sunroom. We had an idea for it from the architect but the architect still had a supporting wall in the plan (since we were knocking out the back corner of the house). I didn't care for it and Paul came up with exactly what was in my head for a large open room with an island, lots of large windows and a patio door. He took the architect's plans and made them so much better. He also enlarged the doorway to the rest of the house to make it as large as possible to add to the openness. They also insulated the whole house and put in insulation and ventilation/soffits in the attic in addition to a new floor in the that just had boards over the joists. So they turned a creepy attic into a large usable storage space. Their carpenter is a genius. The old house had cherry trim around the windows but white trim on the inside of the windows. When replacing the windows he carefully matched new wood with old to create a trim around and inside the window frame to match. He also matched the wood work in the addition so that, even though we wanted white to match our white shaker-style cabinets, the trim was the same style. Also in the upstairs bathroom because of the new walls, he has to match trim as well. He built a matching frame around a large mirror in the upstairs bath which we love. We did encounter numerous issues along the way. The garage floor was not sloped and so did not drain and we ended up with large frozen puddles right after it was completed that winter. In the process of taking off the end of the house, since we had no central heat, the pipes froze and burst in the basement and the water softener was ruined. The time frame was way longer than we anticipated. There would be days when no one was working because the subs were working elsewhere. There were smaller issues that are bound to arise when doing construction. So we had our share of frustrating times. However having said that, in the end we absolutely LOVE our "new" farmhouse. Everything that was an issue was addressed and fixed. The garage floor was jack-hammered up and redone at a slope. All the busted pipes and the water softener were replaced. Smaller details were addressed. We have two residences and the farm was going to be our weekend getaway house. But we love it so much that we spend most of our time there and in a couple years we plan to sell our other house and just live there. In the end, Paul told us he wanted us to be happy with the job and he would do whatever he had to do to get the job done right. I would hire him again knowing that the time frame might be longer than hoped but knowing that, in the end, the job would be done right.

Description of Work
We did a major renovation and addition to our farmhouse as well as building a three-car garage. Stahl-Mowery added a new kitchen/sunroom/laundry room addition. They also added an upstairs full bath, replaced some sub floor that had dry rot, put in all new wiring in the whole house (as some rooms had no outlets or switches), added a front and back porch, replaced/repaired plaster, refinished hardwood floor as well as installed new flooring, finished the attic with insulation, flooring, and soffit vents, replaced all the windows, got new siding/shutters, painted the whole house, re-trimmed the windows, added new lighting and ceiling fans, and installed new appliances in the kitchen. In addition they built a three-car garage.

Category appliance repair,decks,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,garage doors,gutter repair,hardwood floor,insulation,lighting,plastering,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,garage builders,woodworking,ceiling fans,home remodeling,interior painters,doors,sunrooms,epoxy flooring

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding as we ran into many unforeseen issues remodeling the older home. We really enjoyed working with you and on this challenging project. We are very happy with how the finished home turned out. We appreciate your kind words, the time you took to leave a review, and the trust you put into our company to "build" your dream home. Thank you for everything!

06/03/2014

vicki P.

It's good. It was done really well and efficient. They have a good quality work.

Description of Work
Stahl Mowery Construction provided me a roofing service.

Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the trust and loyalty you have shown us on the multiple projects we have done for you and your family.

09/17/2013

Donald R.

Quick and simple. Left estimate on door. Was not able to meet the company representitive. No call back.

Description of Work
Estimate of replacing roof. Work is to be done early 2014. I was getting future estimates.

Category remodeling,siding

02/26/2013

Kristin B.

called to get an estimate on a home remodel. company was very punctual to get someone out here and give me a quote. but never followed up with me and still have yet to hear back from them and this was probably 4 months ago. didnt really seem like they wanted my business,

Description of Work
no services were performed

Category siding,home remodeling

02/01/2013

Linda M.

Quite a bit of damage was done to my mobile home the end of June by straight line winds. Lot's of damage to my roof, foreign articles driven into my siding and my skirting blown away. Stahl Mowery gave me an estimate and I was impressed with the fact that they use Amish workers, too, but they normally do repairs on regular homes and not mobile homes, so I went with a company that not only sells manufactured homes, but does repairs and has been in the business for years. I have seen some of Stahl Mowery's work around town; mainly roofs, and they do very good work,

Description of Work
Mobile Home Repair Estimate

Category roofing,siding

12/19/2012

ginger O.

Stahl Mowery Construction came to our home to put a new roof on our home. Once he started the job, he quickly realized that the main beam of the roof was cracked. What started out as an ordinary job turned into a major undertaking. He and his crew had to remove most of the roof to the rafters, replace several beams, and add a new roof. Once Mr. Stahl realized the complexity of the job, he stopped all work, waited for our approval with his new estimate, and proceeded with the job. His work was excellent; his costs were reasonable; and he and his crew were very professional. We plan to contract him to do more work in our house in the very near future. We strongly recommend his company to everyone!

Description of Work
Replace our home's roof, major beams, and a few rafters.

Category roofing,woodworking

11/20/2012

Jill B.

I do not live in the house where service was needed, so I relied on Angie's List to find a contractor to repair the roof for the house. Tony with Stahl Mowery was very responsive. He called and talked to me about the problem and then sent me quotes by email. We were able to find a price that was covered by my insurance. The work was done immediately and was a very nice job. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Repaired roof and gutter damage from wind storm.

Category gutter repair,roofing

09/14/2012

vicki P.

We had experienced a lot of damage to our siding June 29 during the big wind storm. There was also interior damage that required drywalling and painting. We tried contacting several companies, but no one returned our call to come give an estimate. Finally we were bold enough to call Stahl-Mowrey. Because we know they have worked on several bigger projects, we (falsely) assumed they'd be out of our price range. Our call was returned that same day and we had an initial meeting the next day. Paul was easy to communicate with via phone, text, and e-mail as we narrowed down the contract to meet our specific needs. Meanwhile the materials were delivered about 1 1/2 weeks later and the crew was there about 1 week after that. They began the project on time despite the rain that was going on then. Each day the crew showed up early and worked all day. They were patient as I shared my concerns and/or questions. All work was completed in a timely, professional manner. When we needed to add some extra work (putting up some special foundation board) they took care of picking up the materials and installing it, as well, even though it was something the crew had never worked with before. The entire project, of siding our two story house, drywalling and painting a room, hanging shutters and foundation board took just over two weeks. In addition, the jobsite was cleaned up well, which was important to me since we have children and pets.

Description of Work
We had siding removed and replaced, as well as insullation installed. We had shutters and foundation board put up. We had a room re-drywalled and painted. We did NOT have gutters installed, though they did work on removing and replacing the downspouts on our two-story house.

Category drywall,remodeling,siding

07/30/2012

Christa P.

I am so happy with my newly remodeled home. Everything looks wonderful! I love my new kitchen and the wonderful woodwork.

Description of Work
I hired Stahl Mowery Construction to remodel my down stairs. They removed walls, took out a chimney, completely changed my kitchen and replaced all my doors and trim. I also hired them to build a deck and replace siding.

Category contractors,decks,drywall,siding,replacement windows,home builders,woodworking,home remodeling,doors

07/06/2012

Rita S.

The entire job went very smooth. They were quick to respond to my roof which was missing many shingles. Stahl Mowery Construction showed up as promised, and finished the entire roof and siding repairs , as well as the new gutters and downspouts in two short days.

Description of Work
After a wind storm in the spring, I lost both siding and roofing. I hired Stahl Mowery Construction to to repair the damage. They tore off the existing shingles and replaced with a beautiful dimensional shingles. They found the exact siding to match and replaced all the siding that had blown off, taking the extra time to patch the siding in without replacing it all. While here, I had them put up new seamless gutters and leaf guard, as well as replacing four basement windows.

Category gutter repair,roofing,siding,replacement windows,home builders

07/05/2012

Teresa L.

We contracted Stahl Mowery Construction to build a new home for us in 2010. We contacted the owner, Paul Mattson with our initial ideas and for an estimate. Not only was the estimate competitive, my initial impression was one of honesty and strong work ethics. They completed the framing, insulation and drywall work as well as installed all windows and doors . All work was done in a timely manner and communication was exceptional, we were kept informed of all progress and details as the work was completed. As often happens with such projects small issues arose which were handled promptly and efficiently by Paul Mattson. Our input and ideas were always taken seriously and their opinions and expertise were/was always offered and usually taken. A manufacturers defect in materials looked to be an issue but Stahl Mowery handled the situation via the manufacturer and retailer. A beautiful home was the result of our dealings with Stahl Mowery Construction. We highly recommend and will definitely work with them again.

Description of Work
We contracted Stahl Mowery Construction to build a new home for us. From the beginning including blueprints designed from our ideas and specifications, as well as the framing of the house, insulation, drywall, and installation of windows and doors. Our plans were customized from a standard plan and many ideas were put together to build a custom home.

Category drywall,picture framing,garage doors,roofing,siding,replacement windows,garage builders,home builders,doors

Graymire Painting

Specializing in interior / exterior painting, wallpaper removal, pressure washing, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Buckeye Elite Property Services

Buckeye Elite is pleased to work with the Hancock County Heartland Board of Realtors to service your radon needs. Buying or selling a house? We want radon testing and mitigation to be hassle free for you and the realtor.

Offers by Buckeye Elite Property Services on Angi
    D SQUARED CONSTRUCTION

As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! D Squared Construction LLC is a high end construction company, we do not cut corners or sub out work. Our hourly rate is$45.00 per person per hour, we know we will not be your cheapest option, however we will strive to be the BEST you can get! Call or click to schedule an estimate today! Secondary Phone: 567-674-2991

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Stahl Mowery Construction provides General Contracting services in Lima, Ohio and all surrounding areas. We are a full service contractor offering new construction, room additions, kitchen and bath design and renovations, garages, pole barns, exterior renovations such as siding, roofing, soffits and windows for your home or your place of business. We are a family owned and operated General Contractor that has served locally for over 15 years. Being a smaller construction company we have a low o