Preferred Exteriors and Renovations Inc

Founded 2006 • With Angi since May 2013

4.4

Preferred Exteriors and Renovations, Inc., is a full service siding specialists company owned by Duane Poole. Preferred Exteriors is a Rochester, Syracuse siding and general contractor that has extensive construction experience in residential and commercial construction. Chances are you have driven by some of the siding, roofing or drywall work they have performed and never even knew....

Martin Construction

Insulation Solutions

You never stop paying for your insulation choice. Our green solutions can reduce your heating and cooling cost by 25-50 %. See what we can do for you today

Proctor Roofing

Additional DBA - Proctor Contracting Inc.

01/01/2016

Description of Work
$7500 dollars have been paid and a contract for $11,000 was signed. The work has not been performed yet. It appears it will not be completed due to winter conditions. I am requesting a refund and will engage with the contractor again in the spring. Please call me at 609-209-7891

Category siding

We have reached out to [Member Name Removed] and corrected the issue; work will commence in April. We look forward to completing this project and working with [Member Name Removed] again in the future.

10/27/2015

Description of Work
New roof; very smoothly.

Category roofing,siding

10/08/2015

We hired Preferred Exteriors (Duane Poole) to construct an addition on our house. The addition was 24x14, 2 stories with a basement extension of the same size. The job was for the framing, exterior and interior construction including hanging the drywall. We completed the interior finishing (sheetrock finishing, painting, flooring, and trim) as a way to save money and we also wanted to match the existing trim and finish of the main dwelling. A lot of the trim work involved custom moldings of which we hand made. After interviewing numerous contractors and obtaining quotes from all we decided to hire Duane and his crew. Duane was very responsive with the quote and spent a great deal of time working with us to meet our very limited budget. While he was not able to get to our exact budget he was within a couple of thousand dollars of where we needed to be. Given the scope of our project his quote was exceptional. We started construction in December of 2014 and completed construction in May of 2015. Duane subcontracted the excavation, basement foundation, and electrical work. All were excellently done and we have not had any issues to date. We hired a plumber based on Duane'e recommendation and he did the rough-in for two bathrooms. Again an excellent job was performed and we have no issues. We have since used both the plumber and electrician for additional work because of their outstanding performance. The majority of the work was performed by Sean Mulligan who is part of Duane's crew. Sean did an outstanding job which actually made the finish work much easier that I had anticipated. The overall framing was within 1/8" over the total 24' span. This made laying the hardwood floors very easy as there was no messing around trying to deal with out of square floors or walls. In addition to the framing, Sean also did the insulation, windows, doors, and a lot of the sheetrock. Sean was also very easy to work with. He kept us apprised of any situations he encountered and freely discussed with us any issues that we felt needed to be addressed. All of this was performed during one of the worst winters in CNY in decades. Sean is a real asset to Duane's team and I cannot speak highly enough of him. The only slight criticism we had was that there was one occasion where communications between Duane and his siding crew was a little lacking regarding out of scope work that lead to some confusion. We had anticipated this situation when we started and discussed it with Duane but he did not tell this crew. This one situation required me to call Duane so he could remedy this of which he did immediately. So not a big issue. Overall we are extremely happy with the work that they performed given the terrible weather they performed it in. They were prompt, worked hard, did outstanding work, (Thanks Sean!!) and showed genuine concern that we were happy with the outcome. I highly recommend them for a project of this scope.

Description of Work
Constructed a two story addition with basement for a traditional 4-square 2 story house.

Category bathtub refinishing,drywall,flooring contractor,picture framing,hardwood floor,insulation,remodeling,siding,replacement windows,doors,basement remodeling

06/24/2015

Was on time, spent time with me to discuss issues with roof, did not pressure to replace entire roof but provided estimate and reasonable lifespan of current roof. Will use in future to replace roof when ready.

Description of Work
Repaired significant leak in roof, assessed overall condition, cleaned gutters and repaired one gutter leak- as promised.

Category gutter cleaning,gutter repair,roofing,siding

04/06/2015

It all started with a terrible water leak from the roof and it was noticed by a portion of the ceiling caving into the family room. I stayed home from work to get this resolved and called over 10 roofers and most didn't call me back. So i located Preferred Exteriors and Renovations, Duane and Bob. Great guys. Bob came out a couple of hours later, mind you they are located at least 45 min. from Rochester. They didn't charge me extra for milage. Bob came out shovled off the roof told me about the problem and gave me a break down and pictures. I failed to mention that I had a complete tear off of my roof 3 years ago. The prior roofer left off shingles and flashing causing the extensive damage to my roof and interior of my home. Not only when Preferred Exteriors and Renovations fixed the roof they did it quickly and cleanly! I was exetremly pleased with the results. They kept in touch with me the through the whole process. Their prices were very reasonable as I had two other quotes for the same job. I would definitely use them again! Actually I will use them again this coming summer for my gutters.

Description of Work
Repair to roof-had to re-roof and do a fix where flashing was left off from the previous roofer. Sorry not sure of the sqft but it was sizable.

Category roofing,siding

08/27/2014

Nothing to report except they never got back to me.

Description of Work
Nothing....they never returned my communications

Category siding

We have no record of this member reaching us. We noticed he has a South Carolina address. He may have us confused with another company. EDIT: It appears the memebr tried to reach us via message on Angies list. He left a message with an out of area phone number and an address with no town or state just a road name. Many of our Angies lists updates go to our spam box . We check every few days but this is one we may have missed. We strongly encourage contacting us via phone call or email us directly in addition to contact through Angies list.

06/23/2014

Work done as specified, on schedule and on budget. No problems encountered.

Description of Work
Removed garage door, frame door opening, install new window, install new siding.

Category contractors,siding,replacement windows

05/14/2014

They were very professional. The quality was good and the price was really good.

Description of Work
We have used Preferred Exteriors and Renovations Inc. They did siding and new gutters for our house.

Category gutter repair,siding

04/25/2014

Wonderful!. The house was built in 1853 and it took a special type of roofer to deal with the problems of aging rotting wood- slanted house. Duame Poole and his men showed up on time with a large crew, trucks, semi tractor and got right to work. We are so impressed with the job. Just the roof over the porch had 5 layers of asphalt shingles- 1 layer of wood shingles from the 1800's and rotted crossbeams. They set in new crossbeams and did a great job. They even put air vents on the roof which were never there. The entire crew were very cautious in every aspect of the job. The men were very polite and very clean- cleaning up the work area spotless.. Poole Construction does everything! We are having them back to drywall the one room and back limestone mud room.. The original plaster in the bedroom has cracked . crumbling to the floor.. We only wish we knew about them earlier. Would have saved a lot of heartaches from bad contractors. Duane Poole is a very humble- down to earth man along with the rest of his crew. Not fast talking like some city slickers that came to the house. We had several come over and Duane was the less expensive yet his operation looks like we paid 16,000- which was close to the price one contractor gave us. Honorable. A person with integrity. Highly recommend! We will hire him for any job around the house. Large or small This company is insured and bonded.

Description of Work
Roofed my entire Historical house built in 1858

09/19/2013

Very professional and did quality work. Communication was great throughout the job. Workers were highly experienced and went above and beyond to meet our expectations. I interviewed several contractors prior to hiring Duane. He is knowledgable, experienced and honest. Thank you Duane, we love our "new house"!

Description of Work
Siding

Category siding

Siding Contractor, Preferred Exteriors, Renovations, Siding Installation, Siding Repairs, Siding- Fiber Cement, Syracuse, Wolcott, Vinyl, Fiber Cement, Wood, Hardiplank. Drywall, Windows , Additions, Sunrooms

Please Inquire