Kanters Carpet & Design Center

Founded 1948 • With Angi since October 2005

99 Fulton St

White Plains, NY 10606

Family owned and operated since 1948, we carry a complete line of products for all your flooring needs and window treatment needs. We are committed to offering customers the finest service, styles and savings in the industry. From start to finish Kanter's staff will assist you in sorting through the vast selection of nylons, wools, area rugs, laminates, hardwoods, and ceramic to find the look that's right for your home or office. We offer free estimates and a no pressure atmosphere for you to comfortably make selections that best fit you and your family. **Say you came in from Angie's list for a special discount**...

09/29/2017

Paul Z.

Ken and Brian helped me select samples from their vast showroom. They were patient and helpful when it took me several attempts to make a decision. Taking samples and seeing how they look at home and under various lighting (day/night) is essential. Carpets invariably look very different at home than they did in the showroom, and it is impossible to imagine how a given carpet will blend with its surroundings until you actually see it. Once I made my decision, ordering was quick and painless. Ken (the owner) came himself to measure my stairs. Within a couple of weeks, my carpet had arrived, and the installers, who were prompt, courteous and professional, got the job done efficiently and perfectly. I did spend a little more than I had originally budgeted for, largely because I chose a relatively expensive carpet. Overall, I am very pleased with the results, and would certainly use Kanters again.

Description of Work
Carpet stair runner installed on my hardwood stairs.

09/19/2016

Jeanne S.

Very well...timely and with good.selection of carpeting.

Description of Work
Laying a new stairway carpet.

06/08/2015

Michele M.

The team at Kanter provided excellent service, from selection of materials through to installation of the products, which included a subfloor, vinyl in the laundry room, and engineered wood in the basement and on the stairs. I would use their services again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Installed hardwood flooring in basement and on staircases

04/26/2015

Michele E.

The job was excellent from beginning to end. I had comparison shopped for carpet to replace the worn carpet on my open stairway. Susan helped me find a moderately priced carpet that would work on the type of steps that I have and also be compatible with my cat. She got me samples of carpet and gave me the boards to take home to see which of my selections would work best. When I was ready, someone came to measure and price out the job. The installers were wonderful and Kanter's also bound the portion of carpet that was unused so I could use it as an area rug. All the staff were great and helped make the decision much easier than expected.

Description of Work
Provided and Installed Carpet on Open Steps

03/31/2015

Patrick C.

My wife and I went to their showroom early on a Saturday morning and met with Joy. She was extremely helpful since we had no experience choosing carpet as we're first time homeowners. The selection of carpet was almost overwhelming but Joy did a great job of steering us in the right direction. We were able to narrow down our choice with her help and we were allowed to take home several samples to see how they'd look in our home. The measurement/estimate process was very fast. They were able to order the nylon and wool material right away which arrived within the two weeks in which we wanted the work done. Two staircases took approximately 4.5 hours to complete. The wanted to ensure I was happy with their work before they left. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced carpeting on two staircases in my townhouse.

02/24/2015

Katy G.

Everything went very well. After several months of work in our house, adding the carpet at the end was the perfect final touch. It really made the house feel like our home. We are very pleased.

Description of Work
Kanters installed carpet in three of our bedrooms, as well as our basement. They also installed our stair runner. I discussed a budget with them and they provided several choices from which I could pick. They were very professional and very helpful.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Thanks [member name removed], We enjoyed working with. Good luck in your new home.

10/27/2014

Alessandra T.

Carpet dream land, what a choice of carpets! Very good consultation by knowledgeable and friendly staff. Smooth installation, very clean work.

Description of Work
Installed new stair runner.

08/26/2014

Deborah A.

I first met with Ken, the owner, at the shop to discuss my options. I was moving into a 2 bedroom rental apartment and the landlord was not replacing the 14 yr. old carpeting which was threadbare and in deplorable condition. I was on a very limited budget but could not feasibly move in with the existing carpeting in place. Ken worked with me to find reasonably priced, decent carpeting for my needs. He came to the apartment personally to take the measurements. On the day of installation, the crew showed up on time and did an impeccable job at installing the carpet and cleaning up. The measurements were so on target that there was not a large amount of waste. It is now 2 years later and the carpeting is holding up nicely - no buckling whatsoever! Everyone that I dealt with was very friendly, accommodating and professional. I highly recommend Kanters and would definitely use them again in the future!

Description of Work
Measure and install padding and carpeting in 2 bedrooms, living room and hallway.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear everything looks great and you are happy. Enjoy it. Ken

05/07/2014

Lynn S.

Carpet of good quality but installation not perfect -- seams show more than the carpet they replaced which detracts some from the end product. But overall, good service.

Description of Work
Family business. Very responsive and helpful. Bit more pricey that big company quotes. Replaced carpet on stairs/hallway.

Category carpet installation

Thank you for taking the time to review. If you are having any issues with seams please feel free to give us a call and we will be happy to come look at them, we stand behind all of our work. The carpet we used is a construction called needlepoint. Its a very low pile loop which means even with our highly trained technicians it is impossible to make a seam unnoticeable like the carpet we replaced for you. Thank you again for everything and enjoy your carpet.

04/17/2014

THERESA S.

From start to finish they were very helpful. From the showroom to my house everything went well. They showed up on time both for the measuring and installation. There is a great variety of carpeting to be seen in their very large showroom. I have used them twice now and been very pleased each time.

Description of Work
They tore up my old carpeting in the downstairs hallway, staircase, & upper hallway & installed new padding & carpeting.

Category carpet installation

Thank you for the kind words [removed member name]. We are happy to help and look forward to working with you in the future.

MAGNA DRY CARPET CLEANING & RESTORATION

SANITIZE AND DISINFECT SPECIALISTS FOR HOMES AND FACILITIES! AND MAGNADRY HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR OVER 25 YEARS SERVICING WESTCHESTER COUNTY AND THE SURROUNDING AREAS. NO DAY LABORS ALL OF OUR MEN ARE SCREENED AND CERTIFIED AND HAVE A LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP WITH OUR COMPANY. FROM WATER DAMAGE FIRE SMOKE MOLD AND ASBESTOS WE DO IT ALL FORM REMEDIATION TO RESTORATION "IF IT ON THE FLOOR WE DO IT ALL CLEAN SERVICE AND INSTALL" 167826

Adeidson Wood Floors LLC

We specialize in everything under the sun concerning wood flooring. Sanding and refinishing, custom dual colors. Base boards, custom trim work, straight simple installations to personal custom layouts, & repairs on old busted up floors.

RM Tile

At RM Tile our customers needs are the utmost importance. Our team with 20+ years experience is committed to meeting those needs. We welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service. No job is to big or too small, please contact us for a free estimate!

MasterCard, American Express, Check, Visa

Carpet, laminate, hardwood flooring, area rugs, ceramic, in stock special, remnants, decorating, rug repair, carpet cleaning, carpet cutting, binding, serging & fringing. Full Hunter Douglas Studio dealer.