Finger Lakes Floor Refinshing

Founded 1987 • With Angi since August 2010

Expert wood floor sanding and refinishing. Reasonable prices. Free estimates. Tom Duddy is the sole proprietor....

02/02/2017

William K.

The flooring came out great. Tom moved the furniture and kept the cleanup to a minimum. Tom was hard working and professional throughout the flooring process.

Description of Work
Hardwood flooring was sanded and polished.

01/31/2017

steven B.

Description of Work
they did floor danding and refinishing

04/07/2016

Gale H.

Description of Work
Family room floor and stairs were sanded and re-stained. They did an excellent job on that. Unfortunately, quote did not include stair banisters and workman said he had no time to do them, promised to tell us how to finish the job, but never did. We had to repaint the baseboards and stair paint after work was done, and still need to find time to finish the banister 6 months later.

05/20/2013

Christopher S.

I initally called Mr Duddy for an estimate on getting all the hardwood floors in my house sanded and resealed, he was very responsive and came out to take a look at the floors within a few days. The entire house has hardwood flooring except in the kitchen and 2 bathrooms. There were several surface scratches in one room from the previous owner's furniture and some old pet stains in another room. Most rooms had markings on the floor from when they had been covered with carpet at some point in the past. He was very thorough and straightforward when explaining to me what he would be able do to remove the imperfections. His estimate was right around the amount that I wanted to spend and was lower than another I had received from someone else. Mr Duddy was very flexible and able to complete the job around my unusual work schedule. He was careful to put up plastic sheeting over all doorways to help keep the dust out of other rooms and vacuumed up the dust each day before leaving. I was very satisfied with the work he performed, he was able to remove all the scratches and most of the stains. One pet stain was very persistent not able to be completely removed without replacing the floorboards however it was lightened significantly and is still a big improvement. I was very pleased with the end result, the oil based finish he used made the floors look as good as new.

Description of Work
sanded and resurfaced all hardwood flooring throughout my house

06/28/2012

Lois D.

He responed to the phone call and came right over in the evening as promised. We needed the floors done asap and he assured us they would be done. He created no dust and was very careful of our furnishings. He cleaned up after himself and left nothing laying around. Our floors look as good today as the day he did them. We have a grandson who plays with his todays and rides his bike on them and they still shine.

Description of Work
He had to do a repair before he started to the one door sill. The floor had big scratches and had proably been not taken care of for years.

04/24/2012

Bronwen E.

Absolutely excellent.

Description of Work
They refinished a wood floor.

06/17/2011

Lois D.

Floorws were sanded and had 3 coats fo poly and all scratches and stains were gone.

Description of Work
I found Tom in the yellow pages. He responed to my call and came right over and gave us an estimate and set a date with us to start. He called to confirm the appt. and was here the next morning. He went straight to work and sealed the dining room with plastic in the doorways & taped the radiators and we had no dust in the rrest of our home. Every night the area was all cleaned up and all trash from the floor was removed. I would use his services again. Tom refinished our hardwood floor in the dining room which had scratches and some small stains. Now it looks like new

Flooring & hardwood.

No installation or sales of flooring

Satisfaction