Bear Tree Svc Inc

Founded 1974 • With Angi since January 2006

42 Highland Ave

Port Washington, NY 11050

Locally owned & operated company that provides quality tree service at a fair price. Please contact us by phone first: 516-944-6333, and cell phone second: 516-850-4887, and please use our email address: jojomuscle@verizon.net as the last method of contact....

09/29/2018

Dara U.

Everything went smoothly. We had a tree wedged between the garage and our fence, which needed to be cut down, another tree that was overhanging the garage and one in the rear of the yard that overhung the neighbor's property that also needed removal, and four trees that needed pruning. Ted provided an estimate on the spot and we were able to schedule a time within the next couple of weeks. Ted and his team arrived on time and worked diligently over the next few hours. The workers were polite, and cleaned up the space well. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Tree pruning and tree removal

09/23/2018

Susie S.

Ted is easy to reach and he always answered my calls promptly. Price is reasonable. Cleaned up very well after works. They trimmed large branches from the tree which is very close to electrical wires. These men are very professional and they are very good at what they do. I am sorry I forgot these gentalmen’s names. Thank you so much for good works.

Description of Work
Cut down several small trees and trimmed branches from the big tree.

02/01/2018

Karen K.

It was perfect. Mr. Klumpp is a supreme professional. He will perform whatever you need with unbelievable excellence. He is outstanding. I needed many branches to be removed from my roof in order to get a new roof installed. He came promptly and completed the work efficiently. Clean-up was pristine. I have used Bear Tree service before and I will use again. His work is always A+ and his cost is reasonable.

Description of Work
Tree trimming, specifically to remove many heavy branches to prepare for a new roof.

04/18/2017

NORMAN L.

Excellently! After my initial call to Ted, the owner, he called back within the hour and then came to my home. His price was quite fair for the work I required and he was able to get started the next day. His crew did a great job, doing all I asked for, and a terrific clean up job when they were through. I will certainly use him again and will also recommend him to my friends and relatives.

Description of Work
Tall white ash tree removed, dead dwarf cherry tree removed and root system deep stump ground. cut off 6 feet of arbor vitae, trim several dead limbs on Dogwood

12/11/2016

Tom B.

Sometimes you just get a great feeling about a person. When Ted left, my mother and I both said at the same time: "I think that's the nicest guy I've ever met." We'll be using Ted and his company in the future.

Description of Work
I received a recommendation to call Ted for a consultation on the trees at my mom's house. After talking with Ted on a Saturday morning he agreed to stop by in the afternoon. He gave great suggestions with details on what we should request from any company in possibly removing a very large tree.

09/08/2016

bob T.

Ted returned calls promptly and answered all my questions beforehand. He and his workers showed up as scheduled and did an excellent job trimming a large maple tree in my front yard.

Description of Work
Large tree trimmed

09/08/2016

bob T.

Ted and his team did an excellent job cutting back the large limbs. They cleaned up and were very professional.

Description of Work
Our very large maple tree in the front yard was cut back and trimmed.

03/06/2016

Monica Y.

Showed up when he said he would. Price was what I expected. Job was done quickly and professionally. Cleaned up. Pleasantly surprised to get a refund because they finished earlier than proposed.

Description of Work
Removed 4 tree stumps, 2 bushes and a large clump of bamboo

01/31/2016

Christopher B.

Ted lives up to his reviews. Came out to give an estimate. He is a gentleman, a professional, and extremely knowledgable. Would recommend him in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Came out to give an estimate.

12/10/2015

victoria C.

They were responsive, professional, and reasonably priced. The men doing the work was fascinating. Given the way they moved between the trees, it was as if they were artists and acrobats. Additionally, they were extremely respectful of the trees and left the property spotless both days. I was very impressed.

Description of Work
Trimmed and removed trees.

11/09/2015

Harry S.

Bear Tree arrived as scheduled and promptly started unloading all of their equipment. The scheduling did take a few phone calls in order to book the appointment. No big deal on my end. Ted and two of his workers started by pruning/ trimming the front tree that belonged to my neighbor. They trimmed enough so that the tree would not need any service for the next 3-4 years. It was much needed as the branches were leaning on the Fios lines and ultimately against my roof shingles causing it to peel. Next, was the three tree stumps in front of my home. They brought in a grinder that chews up the stumps into tiny pieces. Bear Trees also used the grinder for the hedges around the house. The entire team removed all the hedges, branches, and even plowed the soil/ dirt back into place to keep everything clean and presentable. The team took all of two hours to complete the job required. I believe the amount charged for their services is very reasonable. I would definitely recommend them to anyone and would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Removed 7 hedges including grinding the stumps out and pruned the front tree.

10/04/2015

Scott W.

Went extremely well -- showed up on time for the estimate, showed up bright and early with his crew for the work, finished the job earlier than expected. Near perfect cleanup.

Description of Work
Removed dead limbs and extended limbs from three large trees, trimmed 3 others

09/23/2015

William R.

This is the second time we've used Bear Tree Service, and we've had excellent experiences both times. Ted Klumpp, the owner, came to give an estimate the same day I called, and his crew did the work the next afternoon. He patiently shaped two Japanese maples that our house's previous owner had let go (we bought the house one year ago). He made sure that he took off as much as I wanted and no more. Meanwhile, his crew took down some low-hanging limbs that were blocking a corner of the back yard. Several months ago we had Bear Tree Service remove a diseased maple tree and grind the stump. We've been very pleased with the service and the very reasonable prices.

Description of Work
Pruned two Japanese maple trees and a weeping cherry. Removed drooping limbs and dead branches from two old, tall trees.

09/16/2015

Anthony C.

Yet another amazing job by Bear Tree Service. We had them remove a tree and some very large bushes in the spring and we knew he was the man for our next job. His men climbed and cut the branches of a massive 5 story gum tree that was overshadowing our backyard. They did such an amazing job our neighbor came out and had them cut the tree back further on their property. When you see these massive branches coming down you can't believe only two men handled the entire thing seamlessly. When they were all done, not a single twig was left in the yard everything was cleaned up immaculately. We can't rave about this company enough for their service. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Tree trimming

08/17/2015

DAVID T.

Ted the owner came with the workers and insured and artistic pruning of our overgrow trees and bushes. I was extrermely happy with the result. I highly recommend this company

Description of Work
Trimmed trees and bushes

07/30/2015

robert F.

It went very well. I feel his price is fair, fairer than most. His workers cleaned up well and they had a very good knowledge of tree types and tree pruning. I live in a heavily wooded area and they opened it up a bit. I plan to have them come back for further work in the fall.

Description of Work
Cut a dead tree, prune many other trees and hedges.

07/21/2015

Tasha A.

I met and spoke to Ted. I sent him a message through Angie's list and he contacted me quickly. I had a huge tree in my backyard that needed pruning. He came and gave me an estimate and I hired him. Scheduling was easy and the workers showed up on time. They did a great job with the tree and cleaned up afterwards. I would definitely hired this company again in the future. Ted was very professional, courteous, and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
The provider pruned a large tree I have in my yard.

07/20/2015

William R.

It was an outstanding experience from first to last. We were initially scheduled with a different arborist, but that one didn't show up and didn't call to reschedule, so we called Ted Klumpp at Bear Tree Service. He came the same day to see the tree. He confirmed that it needed to come down, and his estimate was lower than we expected. A few days later his team took down the tree in the morning and ground the stump in the afternoon. We were very pleased with how clean they left the site. We will use their service again whenever the need arises.

Description of Work
Took down a diseased tree and ground the stump.

07/13/2015

Katy C.

This is the 3rd tree service I've used in the past 15 years. They were by far the most careful and professional of all the people I've met. And I thought all the other tree service companies were pretty good.. They were available the following week after I accepted the quote. the yard was clean and no other plants were damaged.

Description of Work
Cut down a large tree and removed it.

06/19/2015

Tatiana S.

Absolutely great service. Ted, the owner came out to survey and give me a quote. He was extremely professional and knowledgeable about his craft and how to enhance and protect my property. He and his crew arrived on time on the scheduled day and did a wonderful, thoughtful job. The work was done exactly as planned and they were considerate of my property and my neighbors. After the work was finished the crew did a completely thorough cleanup. I would recommend Bear Tree Svc. without hesitation!

Description of Work
Trimmed and topped several trees.

06/10/2015

Alice G.

They arrived on time and did a great job trimming both trees. I was especially impressed that they took the time to listen to what I wanted, clipped a few branches to show me what might work (I needed convincing; they were right), then followed through with a beautiful trimming, cutting the tree back all the way around, taking out excess branches and offshoots, and leaving a pretty screen of shoots to block the neighbors' view. I've had lots of compliments from the neighbors about the work, and how pretty the trees look now.

Description of Work
Trimmed and pruned two big late-blooming dogwood trees (ironwood trees) in the back yard.

05/15/2015

Alex D.

The owner is amazing. Very professional, responsive, stayed in contact throughout the whole process. While I wound up not using his service due to my being called away, I recommend him and I will use Bear Tree in the future. Straight talking, honest,creative and thoughtful. Excellent price quote too!

Description of Work
Kept in touch and showed right on time to give an extremely good estimate. Gave great suggestions!

04/24/2015

Anthony C.

Mr. Klumpp came and provided with me an estimate as well as his opinion for removing and trimming trees and bushes on our property. He then booked an appointment for a week later to have his men come and perform the work. They removed a cherry tree, two small bushes underneath, ground down the stump, trimmed a large cedar tree, and removed two large 15' bushes as well. Everything was done quickly and neatly, they did not even leave a twig behind. My next door neighbor was so impressed by his team that he had them cut down a tree in his yard the same day. The price was great and they whole team was a pleasure to work with. We will definitely be recommending this business and will be using them for any future projects.

Description of Work
Removed a cherry tree, trim a cedar tree, and remove two 15' bushes.

10/16/2014

Rob D.

Did not end up doing job but I want to point out that Ted is a real pro. He gets back to you quickly and in a professional manner.

Description of Work
Tree work quote

10/10/2014

David W.

Ted of Bear Tree Service had his crew do the work promptly and professionally. It was difficult to work in the garden of my brownstone and to remove all the branches through the parlor floor of my house but it was done with no damage and the yard and house were left completely clean. They were quick and courteous.

Description of Work
Bear Tree Service cut and removed a large weed tree from my yard.