First Class Remodeling Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since January 2009

First Class Remodeling is a Family Owned and Operated home remodeling company serving Dutchess, Orange, Putnam and Westchester Counties. Licensed, insured and experienced, First Class Remodeling promises to deliver high end workmanship with dedicated and helpful service at affordable prices....

A Service Provider's profile image

+19 more images

home remodeling (63)tile installation (23)plumbers (20)woodworking (13)drywall (13)countertop installation (10)door installation (7)interior painting (6)lighting (6)flooring (6)window replacement (4)glass repair (4)

04/26/2022

Eamon F.

Sort and sweet version: John exceeded our expectations. From beginning to end it was a great experience. The workmanship was top notch. We will be hiring First class again in the future.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Work Completed On 04/26/2022

02/19/2022

Chris T.

We hired First Class Remodeling to do a bathroom remodel for us. John was very professional from our very first contact. He responded promptly, and he always punctually adhered to all appointments. He gave us a fair estimate that was very comprehensive and spelled out exactly what was and was not included. John did exactly what he said he would do and exceeded his estimated time frame. There were only a few very minor deviations from our contract that resulted in minimal additional cost. These were not John’s fault. We are extremely happy with the outcome. It’s scary to hire a contractor without prior knowledge of their work and reliability. We feel very fortunate to have selected John for our bathroom remodel and would not hesitate to use him again or recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category appliance repair, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/10/2022

01/29/2021

Margaret F.

We hired John to gut our bathroom and he did a fantastic job. He was always on time and only worked on our bathroom until it was done. He gave us some very helpful advice regarding the various fixtures we were thinking of and we couldn’t be happier. We would highly recommend him without hesitation. He gave us a fair quote and was worth every penny.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Work Completed On 01/28/2021

12/22/2020

Ruth O.

John was wonderful. He called me right away, and came to discuss the job. He listened to every concern I had and worked with me to redo my shower, sink vanity and toilet. He selected great quality tile, and fixtures. He was 100% reliable, professional and went above and beyond my expectations. I highly recommend him and hope to hire him again when needed. !

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

09/18/2020

David C.

John had to gut the entire bathroom. As with older homes, he ran into an unusual situation with the soffit over the shower. It was enclosed with plywood rather than sheetrock. He took it in stride and tore it out even though it took extra time. He had to sheetrock the entire room and move several pipes - drain and vent - to accommodate moving a wall to open our storage area. He did an expert job with the sheet rocking And an even more expert job with the floor and shower tile. He asked for our advice on some of the cuts for the shower tile on one of the walls to make sure we agreed with the way he thought it should go, which saved us from having to purchase another box of tiles. Installation of toilet and vanity was perfect. He even cut a section out of the vanity to accommodate for a heat/A.C. vent in the wall so as to not have to move it to another part of the wall. John was very professional. Came ready to work everyday and cleaned up afterwards. I highly recommend John for a bathroom remodel. Thanks John for a job very well done! Wish we could rate you A++++.

Description of Work
Remodel Bathroom

Category appliance repair, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

03/04/2020

Peter F.

John was on time every day. He was also prepared every day. The materials used were of very good quality. His work quality was excellent as was his knowledge of renovations. John is responsive to questions and easy to work with and I would hire him again without hesitation.

Description of Work
total bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 03/04/2020

12/12/2019

Pamela F.

John was very professional, knowledgeable, and dependable. He did all of our bathroom work in a timely fashion. The tile work looks beautiful!

Description of Work
complete bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 12/12/2019

03/23/2019

Mike M.

John did a full gut job and remodel of our upstairs bathroom. This was the first big renovation that we did on our house and John was an amazing partner in the endeavor. We were a bit overwhelmed with the project and he helped guide us through it. There were a few unexpected things that came up, and John was able to manage them without issue. I will be contacting John for any future projects in my home. He has the talent and experience to handle anything and I have already recommended him to family and friends. Do not hesitate to hire John to make your home more beautiful.

Description of Work
Bathroom gut and complete remodel

Category plumbing, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 01/18/2019

03/18/2019

Christine P.

John was amazing - punctual, clean, neat and professional. We would recommend him in a heartbeat. Both of our bathrooms came out amazing and he helped steer us in the right direction when we were questioning what to do. He has good ideas and his tile work is amazing!

Description of Work
John gutted and remodeled two bathrooms for us!

Category ceramic tile, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/18/2019

11/20/2018

Rajith M.

If you're looking for a reliable, responsible, and responsive contractor, I would hire John. Excellent workmanship, very punctual and professional. Work included gutting the entire bathroom, tiling floor and shower, exhuast fan installation, replacing toilet and vanity etc. John does most of the work himself. I am happy with the quality of the work and wouldn't hesitate to refer him to a friend. Would definitely hire for future projects.

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodeling

Work Completed On 11/20/2018

11/05/2018

Kevin O.

We hired John off of Angie's List for a very large project. We did a complete remodel of two bathrooms, our Kitchen and our basement. We could not have been happier with the results. He is very detail oriented and had no problems as we continued changing the scope of the project. Final project came in line with the estimate and any extra were provided in detail. Used his expertise to help guide us to make the important decisions. I would not hesitate to hire him again and he has my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Kitchen/Bathroom/Basement Remodel

Work Completed On 11/05/2018

Review for First Class Remodeling Inc - 36 Mountain Pass Road, Hopewell Junction, NY - 37530398

04/27/2018

ashvin D.

John Boer, the owner of Firts Class Remodeling was pleasure to work with. Once contract was signed after discussing the work/price, the project was completd on time and came out beautiful. He works on project himself 100% time and he does quality work with great dedication. My bathroom work involved shower stall (48 by 34 in) tiled, Toilet and vanity replaced, exhaust and medicine cabinet replaced. I will not hesitate using him for any future house projects.

Description of Work
Bathroom Renovation

Work Completed On 04/27/2018

11/08/2017

Carol T.

Excellent! John Boer arrived punctually and set right to work. I had selected Spanish ceramic tiles which look hand-made: irregular, single tiles, with color design variations. John set the tiles with spacers and cut them to fit precisely around cabinets, molding, and electric outlets. Tomorrow he will remove the spacers, caulk along the counter, and grout. I am looking forward to John completing other tile projects in my home (bathroom wall tile; basement floor tile).

Description of Work
Back-splash tile installation in L-shaped kitchen.

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 11/07/2017

Review for First Class Remodeling Inc - 36 Mountain Pass Road, Hopewell Junction, NY - 36536550

09/25/2017

Leslie C.

Once again, John has proven to be an all-around perfect contractor! We tell him what we want, he gives us ideas, and we end up with something that is both more, and better than what we first envisioned. We have been able to downsize yet reclaim storage space in ways that really suit our needs. Prompt, good natured, neat and all around professional. so gad we found him! p.s. He also gave us more space in the wine rack he created for us two years ago out of a very old cabinet we cherished.

Description of Work
new sliding closet doors with upper storage cabinets

Category closet systems, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 09/20/2017

08/28/2017

Tina E.

More than happy with outcome. John and his employee arrived promptly on agreed start date and time, and every day thereafter. Today is scheduled to be last day of project - in total 5 days. The floor and bathtub tiling look great, photo pending finalization of grouting today. In addition he installed new bathroom door and closet door as well as much needed trim. Any services he may not provide, such as painting, he is armed with referral. Would definitely not only recommend, but also use again on future projects.

Description of Work
What a relief to find a reliable contractor who not only returned our call, but honored agreed meeting time. We learned of First Class Remodeling Inc from a friend who used them for their kitchen remodel. We are now on the last day of our bathroom remodel which entailed removal of old tub, horrendous tub wall, old cracked tiles on floor as well as dry wall repair due to water damage. Bathroom had 2 entry points, we requested one entry point be sealed and room needed installation of an air vent. John provided us a general estimate after our first meeting and a more finalized quote once we selected our materials - i.e. tiles, flooring. Certain items we purchased on our own - doors, molding, vanity, sink and made certain materials were present for when project commenced.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

08/09/2017

Jeffrey G.

Excellent job. John was very punctual and his work was very well done.

Description of Work
Ceramic Tile Installation in Kitchen, baths and entrance floor

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/09/2017

05/19/2017

Roger J.

John is the kind of contractor you want working on your project. When he starts the job he makes a commitment to your project. His work reflects precision and exactness, and his tiling skills are superb. Everyone who has seen our bathrooms wants to know who did the work.

Description of Work
We had 2 bathrooms totally remodeled.

Work Completed On 05/09/2017

03/15/2017

Elianne B.

We keep coming back to John because he does great work, is reliable and, as people who don't always think of all the details, John provides guidance and fills in the blanks for us. Everything he's suggested, that we didn't think of ourselves, has turned out great and we couldn't be happier with the results. We would recommend him without hesitation and will be calling on him again if we have any other projects.

Description of Work
We've worked with John a few times. He re-did the bathroom in my old condo and finished the basement and did some upgrades to the kitchen in our new home.

Category drywall, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/02/2017

Review for First Class Remodeling Inc - 36 Mountain Pass Road, Hopewell Junction, NY - 34617355

02/08/2017

Robert J.

Outstanding ! Beautiful workmanship with attention to every detail. John was able to take our wants and wishes and make them a reality.

Description of Work
Remodeled Bathroom from the ground up. Sheetrock and tile included.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, lighting, plumbing, ceiling fans, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/08/2017

02/06/2017

Mary D.

He started the project on 9/29/2014 for a bathroom remodel. While he was doing the demo he broke through the wall into my mom's bedroom and tried to fix it with plaster. He never took any money off from the damage. I informed him that I wanted a light switch that had a plug. He hired a sub contractor to do the electrical. When the work was complete and I noticed that he never installed the light switch. His excuse was that I never mentioned the light switch. I had to hire another electrician to complete the installation for the light switch. The electrician that I hired informed me that someone stuffed toilet paper inside the wall behind the light switch outlet. There is mold that started growing around the tub. There is water leaking in the basement and the tub was not draining properly. The vanity was not measured properly because the doors are not opening how they should. The floor started separating where the floor meets the tub. I went to change a lightbulb and noticed that he cracked the fixture. Instead of mentioning this he just turned the fixture around so that way we would not notice. He came when he finished the work because we noticed that water was going downstairs. He stated that was because we did not close the shower curtain which was not true. We tried to contact him several times about this.

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom

Work Completed On 06/10/2016

[Member Name Removed], in response to your complaints let me start by saying when I finished the bathroom back on 10/08/14 you told me that you were very happy with the job. The complaints that you now have written about are not necessarily the way you described them. First, the hole you are referring to was actually a nail that popped on your mother's wall that was adjacent to the bathroom wall that we were doing demolition on. It is not uncommon for that to happen, that is why I have it written in my contract that we are not responsible should that occur. However, I did fix it by spackling it. As for the leak, when your mother called a few months later to say she had seen a few drops of water outside the tub I went back to check on it and ran the tub for a long time. I didn't see any water and had you and your mother see for yourselves that there were no leaks below the tub. That is when I explained it could have been from the curtain not being closed completely while showering. I didn't hear from you until a year and a half later when your mother left me a message to ask if I could stop by. I called her back and asked what was the problem because I was very busy and I didn't know when I would be able to stop. She said that it wasn't urgent just to stop by when I get a chance. I called her back about a month later and left a message, but never heard back from her and that was about a year and a half ago. Regarding the switch, the electrician went over all the outlets and switches with you and you approved then. He even purchased a special hand sensor switch that you later asked for in replacement of the basic one, which we did not even charge you for. Once the walls were up and finished and the electrician was gone that was when your mother wanted an extra switch. I told her it could be done but that it was going to be an extra charge and she choose not to do it. You also state that there was newspaper inside the wall. There would be no reason for me to put newspaper inside brand new walls. I did a partial remodeling where the only walls I replaced were in the room where the tub is in. I did not redo any walls in the adjacent room where the sink and vanity are in. Any other complaints you now have I was unaware of because you nor your mother ever called me back. [Member Name Removed], I have been able to remain in business for over 30 years due to my pride in my workmanship, and I go above and beyond to accommodate my customers to the best of my ability.

10/09/2016

Max T.

John was very responsive from the very beginning. He promptly came to give the estimates and after signing the contract everything was completed in less then a month - old kitchen was removed first; then new cabinets and granite countertops were installed in the kitchen. I'm happy with the quality and speed of his work. I definitely will hire again if need in future.

Description of Work
I needed to replace old kitchen cabinets and countertops in my apartment.

Work Completed On 10/09/2016

02/04/2016

There were no hiccups in this project. It went great!

Description of Work
John did an excellent job remodeling my master bath. He doubled the size of my shower, did all the tile work. All for a very reasonable price. He's worth his weight in gold.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/28/2016

01/03/2016

Ruth C.

The whole experience was very positive and smooth. John was professional though out. Happy to work around the timing of the cutting and delivery of the countertops. Issues with damage to some the cabinet doors was resolved quickly with no fuss. The quality of the work was very high. The end result was a beautiful kitchen. We were very pleased with the results. I would have no problem recommending John.

Description of Work
Fitted a kitchen - lower and upper cabinets, new soffit, plumbing, electrics, lights, tiling.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling