If your lawn is looking patchy, rough, or dead, the solution is probably reseeding your lawn to restore the grass and grow a healthy new lawn. Here’s how to know when is the best time to reseed.
Get matched with top Landscapers in Candor, NY
There are 6 highly-rated local landscapers.
Recent Lawn Landscaping Reviews in Candor
- Modern Scapes and HydroseedingI cannot recommend Modern Scapes highly enough! My wife and I decided the pandemic was a good time to do some major work on our backyard, which had been neglected since we moved in six years ago; it lacked shape and had drainage problems. We had seen a sign for Modern Scapes about a year prior, outside a house nearby, which had installed a new fence that looked far better than most do in our neighborhood--modern, striking, and clearly well-built. We called the number we had written down from the sign to make an appointment for an estimate. We met Joe, the business owner, and mmediately knew we were in excellent hands. He listened to our concerns and ideas, offered his own valuable insight, and together we made a plan, first for a new wood fence to define the back edge of the backyard along with a new drainage system, and then eventually to install a bluestone patio with a wood pergola. Every aspect of both projects was an absolute pleasure. Joe was clear about the dates he and his team would be working, and then kept to those dates (one of the projects even finished ahead of time). The pricing process was easy and clear, and Joe was wonderful to work with, personable and professional at every turn. But what's most notable are the results, which are spectacular. Joe is a perfectionist, and his attention to detail is apparent in all aspects of his work. He listened to all of our ideas--even our less clear ones--and found elegant ways to implement them. We ended up with a fence and a patio/pergola that people stop to compliment, all the time. As one of our friends said, after seeing the completed fence, "You just don't get a fence like that in Binghamton"--meaning that beautiful and well made. With Joe, you do
- Modern Scapes and HydroseedingJoe and his workers did an amazing job creating a new tree bed and planting trees on our property. He is thorough and works with an attention to detail. I absolutely would hire him again and highly recommend him to anyone.
- Modern Scapes and HydroseedingJoe does excellent work. He responds quickly and makes sure that the finished work is of upmost quality. I will definitely hire Joe again!
- Modern Scapes and HydroseedingWe hired Modern Scapes to build a fence and a deck at our new home. Joe was a pleasure to work with, the entire experience from the planning stages through completion was excellent! Joe and his team went above and beyond to make sure we were involved in all the steps along the way. Quality workmanship and attention to detail made for an amazing finished product. We absolutely love the work they did and would definitely hire them again for any projects we have in the future
- Modern Scapes and HydroseedingJoe was very responsive and professional in all interactions. He was very timely and got me in his schedule much sooner than anticipated. He did a beautiful job on a brand new sidewalk and took all the mess with him, and even put down grass on all the areas where the old side walks were previously. He went above and beyond my expectations, the quality of his work is unmatched
- Modern Scapes and HydroseedingCould not be happier Joe is a great guy very personable and knowledgeable his work is top notch highly recommend Modern Scapes and Hydroseeding will definitely use them again!!
- NORTHERN SCAPES INCOur back yard slopes downhill. There is a flat section near the house that was terraced: 2.5 foot retaining wall built out of railroad ties, and then flat stones laid on top of those for a short set of stairs leading down to next level. All of that was deteriorating, stones were loose, couldn't safely walk down much less haul the lawnmower down. Northern Scapes dug out the whole area, built a gravel base, then concrete blocks, then nice bluestone steps. That was two years ago: the steps are extremely solid, I expect them to outlive me. And attractive. It took a bit of time to get on their schedule. But the person who came out to do the estimate was punctual and professional, and the workers who spent two days on this project were pleasant young men who tidied up well
- Modern Scapes and HydroseedingWe have a large home and I had let the landscaping around the foundation go for a couple years. I found Modernscapes (Joe Smith) and got a quote. They removed a lot of heavy growth... much work involved. Dug out and fully mulched along the front and sides of the house. Also, one side had never been done and they did a fantastic job. They added a river rock border to the planting beds which really brings the work out and helps keep the mulch in place. The plantings are wonderful ... hostas, rose bush, ornamental grasses, asters, daisies, etc. In addition, we had about 5 ton of river rock added to our pool area. Its an above ground pool and the rock border truly shines. The bulk of the rock is under the decks of the pool... a very classy looking upgrade. They also removed a flower bed that we have not wanted since moving in. It is now seeded. Joe (owner) and James (laborer) were fantastic. Friendly, respectful, nice guys. Hard workers, listened and gave great advice. The cost was very fair and I am happy with it... I picked 'good' simply because I only got the one quote... I like Joe from the start. So... good price because they did a great job, it felt fair, and was done in a timely fashion. But, I cannot say if it was great as I have no comparison. Knowing what I know now (the outcome)... the price was worth the work for sure Punctuality... Excellent. Now, it was June when I decided to do this... so we had the work done in Sept. If you want to hire a landscaper and wait until June to call... expect you won't be seen 'the next week'. That said, Joe was on top of things... kept us posted and when we finalized a date, they were here on time, worked hard, and finished when they said they would. Overall...excellent. highly recommene
- Lexren General ContractingThe day of the excavating, Troy, the crew chief, contacted me at work to say that the sanitary sewer line was not in fact made of orangeburg (an inferior grade of material), but steel, which would have a much longer life span. (A previous vendor had told me the line was made of orangeburg(. For a mutually agreeable reduced price, I opted for them to simply install the cleanout access and the check valve near the house and not to dig up and replace the rest of the sanitary sewer line. The crew was quite expert at the excavation, which was right up against the house and near a gas line. The digging included extracting and replanting two large juniper shrubs, which survived, thanks to the speed and the surgical precision with which the crew worked
- Modern Scapes and HydroseedingJoseph Smith did exactly what we discussed and he left my property looking the same way it was before he did any work. You could't really tell any digging was done. Very pleased with the work that was performed. Joe is very hard working and thorough I would highly recommend him.
Landscapers in Candor
- Business Description:Based just outside of Binghamton, Ny. We provide beautifully landscaped outdoor living spaces, custom designed and installed. We offer complete landscaping and hardscaping services including hydroseeding. Whether the project is large or small, we recognize the importance of dedicated service. Our mission, is to provide creative landscapes that go above our customers expectations while maintaining the highest standards of craftsmanshipRecent Review:I cannot recommend Modern Scapes highly enough! My wife and I decided the pandemic was a good time to do some major work on our backyard, which had been neglected since we moved in six years ago; it lacked shape and had drainage problems. We had seen a sign for Modern Scapes about a year prior, outside a house nearby, which had installed a new fence that looked far better than most do in our neighborhood--modern, striking, and clearly well-built. We called the number we had written down from the sign to make an appointment for an estimate. We met Joe, the business owner, and mmediately knew we were in excellent hands. He listened to our concerns and ideas, offered his own valuable insight, and together we made a plan, first for a new wood fence to define the back edge of the backyard along with a new drainage system, and then eventually to install a bluestone patio with a wood pergola. Every aspect of both projects was an absolute pleasure. Joe was clear about the dates he and his team would be working, and then kept to those dates (one of the projects even finished ahead of time). The pricing process was easy and clear, and Joe was wonderful to work with, personable and professional at every turn. But what's most notable are the results, which are spectacular. Joe is a perfectionist, and his attention to detail is apparent in all aspects of his work. He listened to all of our ideas--even our less clear ones--and found elegant ways to implement them. We ended up with a fence and a patio/pergola that people stop to compliment, all the time. As one of our friends said, after seeing the completed fence, "You just don't get a fence like that in Binghamton"--meaning that beautiful and well made. With Joe, you doKevin H.
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoinRecent Review:Matthew was originally hired to assist my nephew in preperation for the Parochial High School Admissions exam. Building a relationship with Matthew was the best thing for my nephew. Matthew was very safe going into this situation creating a trusting a environment. Not knowing what he was walking into, Matthew quickly learned that my nephew’s academic inabilities were far more important than preparing for an high school entrance exam. Immediately Matthew begin working on creating a plan of action. He is very patient, yet intentional about holding my nephew accountable. Moreover, he follows up and send reminders for my nephew (I.e. don’t forget to bring your book home from school, remember to work on your math). Although we have a long way to go, it’s safe to say that we are seeing some progress. Thanks MatthewTyrone G.
- Business Description:Veteran owned. Offers many lawn care services including mowing, weed eating, mulching, edging, seeding, etc.Recent Review:It was really good and they were very dependable.Debbie D.
- Business Description:Water in your basement? Cracks in your foundation? Leaky foundation walls? Call Woodford - we can help! Woodford Bros., Inc. specializes in basement waterproofing, foundation repair, concrete leveling, Barn Restoration, and radon mitigation. Founded in 1962, Woodford's original focus was foundation and barns. Now, we do basement waterproofing, concrete leveling, radon mitigation, and basement finishing. That's why Tom and Mike got the name "Basement Brothers." Honesty and hard work are at ..Recent Review:Still waiting for someone to contact meKENT R.
- Business Description:My recently formed company, Ogata Solutions, was created as an extension of years of remodeling work. In 2016 I undertook three total home remodels, facilitating the subcontractor scheduling, and maintaining vigil while the general contractor was away. Now that I am here in Ithaca I plan to grow my presence in the community by serving clients with best industry practices and safety at the top of mind. My sustainability background and business acumen gained during my master's matriculation in ..Recent Review:It went horrible!! My sister called this “company” to get work done on a railing that was wobbling on a front porch for my 84 yr old mother.. Evan came over to “fix” the railing. What he did was put a block of wood under the bottom portion of the railing and screwed it in the concrete steps. It took him about an hr or so. He charged her $100. I came home from work and noticed the railing was still very wobbly. It was wobbling at the top part of the railing as it was previously. I’m shocked that Evan left it like that. So I fixed the top part of the railing by wedging wood in between the railing and house and screwed it in the house. The railing is very sturdy now. Mom went up and down the stairs really good. She’s very happy with it. All done right? Nope! A couple weeks later, this morning I get a notification on my phone from my camera that there is motion detected on the front porch. I look to see and it was Evan, looking at the bottom of the railing. I came downstairs to talk to him. He said he’s here to put a brace at the bottom of the railing. I said it’s sturdy now, I fixed it. He said I’ll just put a brace here at the bottom, it’ll take just 5 mins. I said there’s no need, it’s fixed and moms happy with it. He said I’m not gonna charge anything, I don’t know what your problem is? I’m like wow?! I said we don’t need anymore work done to it, it’s done. Then proceeded to argue with me. He said I don’t even know who the f.. you are? I got a call from Jolynn to come fix it. Which was not true. I said how are you going to talk to a customer like that? He said your not my customer Jolynn is. I said I live here, she does not!! I said you charged her $100 for this and it’s still wobbly. I could’ve done it better myself. He said then why didn’t you? He said why didn’t you call me not to come over? I said I didn’t know about you at all. You just showed up here this morning. He told me that he was going to call my sister and come back to do the job.!? I said no you’re not!! I live here, do not come back here again! He was arguing with me all the way to his car. He’s very rude, swearing at me, unprofessional, very confrontational, persistent etc. When I first told him I don’t need any work done & I was happy the way it was, he should have been professional and said ok, thankyou and left. I would never recommend him for anything. Very bad customer service. No clue how he has a businessJoan R.
- Business Description:ARCBAZAR provides online architectural design. Services include: New Residential, Remodeling, Interior Design, Landscape, and Commercial Spaces. Clients launch a competition for a project online at ARCBAZAR.com by providing a brief description and images/dimensions. Several Architects & Designers participate in the competition. By the end, Clients receive multiple design packages and choose the best solution. To view completed projects, please visit www.arcbazar.coRecent Review:Good for initial idea generation - will not replace an architect familiar with local Building CodesJeffrey P.
- Business Description:Moore and Brown Pressure Washing Service can pressure wash barns, houses, porches/decks side walks and anything else you need cleaned. We also provide full Interior and Exterior Painting services and we're focused on making your home look beautiful. Our company believes in value. We're dedicated to each of our customers and will treat your home as if it were our own. If you are interested in getting anything in your home touched up or repaired we are your people! We are great at communicat..Recent Review:Guys arrived late and were missing a few tools that would have made the job more time efficient. They were polite and hard workers, but business ethic needs improvement ( 2 no shows with no updates, late arrival, no written contract or proof of insurance- other than verbal). Their price was very reasonable. I think they are new, but have potential. If we hire again, I will make sure I have the papers first and make sure they hold their end up with timely arrival timesTina H.
- Business Description:Heating ventilation air conditioning contractor. Smaller but growing company with emphasis on integrity and customer relations. All major credit cards accepted. Financing available. In late spring we start our lawn mowing season
- Business Description:We offer lawncare services including mowing, trimming and brush removal. We offer free estimates and great pricing to our customers. We are an owner-operated up and coming business.
- Business Description:Tree removal, Tree trimming, hedge trimming, Mulching, Edging, Lawn Mowing, Grass trimming, Painting. Owen's Landscaping has negotiable prices for professional and swift work. We have over 4 years of experience and knowledge and always guarantee the consumers expectations to be exactly what they asked for
Explore our Solution Center for helpful landscaper articles
When it comes to repairing your lawn’s bare spots, overseeding can be the solution. Overseeding is a simple way to reinvigorate your lawn and restore your dead, patchy grass back to a lush, green carpet again.
A roof warranty is a lifesaver when it comes to conducting repairs, so you’ll want to keep your manufacturer’s warranty and your contractor’s warranty in good standing. Follow this guide to learn about common factors that void a roof warranty.
Find Landscapers in
- Newark Valley
- Van Etten
- South Waverly
- Johnson City
Landscapers in Candor
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- H&A Concepts
Candor, New York
- H&A Concepts
- J&E Snow Removal Landscaping and Remodeling17 Riverview lane
Binghamton, New York
- J&E Snow Removal Landscaping and Remodeling
- Loso's Landscaping895 State Route 369 Lot 100
Chenango Forks, New York
- Loso's Landscaping
- SDR General Contracting19 Reflection Lake Rd
Little Meadows, Pennsylvania
- Sensible Maintenance Solutions337 Rockefeller Rd.
Richford, New York
- Starkrete Stamped Coating2701 North St
Endicott, New York
- STEFANO PAVING & LANDSCAPING1690 BORNT HILL RD
Endicott, New York
- SVT Renters & Remodelers Inc1250 Upper Front St # 207
Binghamton, New York
- SDR General Contracting
- TURF GROW2177 AIRPORT RD
Binghamton, New York
- TURF GROW
- United Construction and Remodeling9 Espial Dr
Binghamton, New York
- United Construction and Remodeling
- Vanderpool Renovations and services 69 Beaver Pond Rd
- Vanderpool Renovations and services