Drop Shade

Founded 1991 • With Angi since August 2011

4.2

2547 E Washburn Rd

North Las Vegas, NV 89081

Family owned & operated....

03/02/2018

Patricia C.

They did a great job installing them and I would use them.

Description of Work
They put shades on my patio that you roll up and down.

03/02/2016

Sandi O.

Description of Work
Installed and outside automatic retractable awning.

07/25/2015

Tom W.

The Sales Representative (Joey S) was excellent - He was knowledgable about his products, communicated clearly and was very responsive and "patient". I took more than a few days to make my decision, and Joey always answered my calls and questions (even returning emails at 9pm). I asked him to quote a "regular" and a more economical option. He did, quickly and without complaint or excuses. He was always very balanced in discussing the pros and cons of both - but never pushing too h****** the more expensive option (which would have made me walk away entirely). I eventually choose the more expensive, higher quality solution and JOEY WAS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT - it was worth the extra $ (and my Wife agreed too). The new screen is vastly superior to the screen it replaced, which I bought only 1 year ago from ANOTHER company. Joey even came to my home for final measurements on Saturday at 6pm, and the custom new drop shade was installed ONLY 6 DAYS LATER! The installation crew was very professional and courteous also. My only "nit-pick" is that I played "phone tag" with the installation scheduler (NOT JOEY), and the crew showed up earlier than expected . . . which was fine with me since I was home and wanted my new screen up.

Description of Work
Removed existing vertical drop shade and installed new custom drop shade/sun screen.

06/30/2015

Robert W.

Description of Work
typical sales person, personable gave info set up appt. Install crew were excellent. added feature w/o charge.

06/25/2015

Sharon S.

This was a painless experience. They came and gave us a reasonable estimate. We signed a contract and within the time promised they manufactured the solar screens, came and installed them.

Description of Work
Manufactured and installed four solar screens

Category window tinting

06/18/2015

Sandy P.

Wasnt very professional. We didnt really care for the style of shades they would install.

Description of Work
Came and did a quote.

Category awnings, window treatments

04/08/2015

richard S.

They're prompt. They did the work as described. Their price was good. Their clean up was a little messy. They could do better at a follow up call after they install it to check on it and their cleanup.

Description of Work
I used Drop Shade in February to install shades. It was an exterior patio cover, similar to an awning but it's a drop down shade.

Category window treatments

05/21/2014

Robert G.

I was very happy with them and they did everything like they were supposed to. They were good all the way across the board. They did very good work.

Description of Work
I used Drop Shade to put in a drop shade patio.

04/20/2013

Larry M.

would not reccomend went with Accent Awnings Mike was great 702 388-7423 $600 cheaper

Description of Work
they lost first estimate and had to come back then just shot out a high estimate to see if we would bite $4400 for 3 roll down patio shades

10/09/2012

Michael E.

One of the most rude individuals (Pat) from "DropShade" I have encountered in a long time. I advised him that I would be making the decision without my wife.He said it's company policy to have both spouses there and hung u p on me. I left two messages and he would not return my call. I would drop Drop Shade if you haven't already. Unfortunately, this is all too typical of Vegas vendors and service providers. On the other hand "Absolute Awnings" is a great company. Angie's list is powerful, my friend, so it's a shame your attitude got the best of you.

08/15/2012

George P.

sun

Description of Work
I tried to call their telephone number 702-472-8045 and 456-7742 for a free home estimate, but my phone calls were dropped. I then send to them in writing a request for free home estimate for sun shades, including installation, of 1 glass door and 2 windows with measurements. This morning a salesman called me back on the telephone. He told me that they are part of a factory and will only sale for at least 10 windows and doors, operating more like a whole sale business. They can not help me with only 3 shades. As a factory and operating a whole sale business, I believe they should not be even on the Angies List for general consumers.

08/03/2012

Carole M.

I am however very happy with the new drop shades and would recommend them to others. Just make sure that you have them mark the exact spot where you want the shades and how you want to operate them. In other words, not the general area. This is where I made the mistake. I thought that they would know that you don't want to go outside to roll up the shade. I did mention this to the salesman when came for estimate and also to the person that came and did the final measurements. But somehow, because the marks were on the outside of the patio structure the installer was confused.

Description of Work
I have a patio which faces west in the afternoon/evening. There is no shade so I had DropShade come and give me an estimate. Even though the price seemd a little high to me, I went ahead andt had them do the shades because of the quality. They gave a 3 week estimate of completion, and it was done in that amount of time. I gave a lower grade to responsiveness because during the installation, they started to install it on the outside of the patio with the wind up outside. I wanted it on the inside. When I expressed that it should be inside, they told me that they couldn't do that because they had already drilled some holes, and could not put it inside. They had drilled 3 holes so I told them to caulk it and put the shade inside.I called the salesman, and told him that having the wind up on the outside was unacceptable. He told me that it was safer that way, There was no diifference on the installation....that the measurements were the same inside or out. They ended up doing it as I wanted.

08/21/2011

Carol C.

Went to their factory shop and met with a very nice technician named Glen who was very knowledgeable. He followed us to our home and got detailed measurements and then supervised the whole install. Was a little late on the delivery but they still had them installed that day. All in all a very quality product from a very low key, professional and honest company.

Description of Work
Did a great job installing the retractable shades for our patio. We used the 95% fabric with tracks and it really blocked the heat and glare a lot. The system was bolted very securely to our existing patio and I was surprised how heavily it handled the strong winds. The framing used was a tan color and really matched our stucco columns. They even painted the electrical wire to match our stucco.

Category awnings, window treatments

Synergy Contracting (Gen and electrical)

Synergy is a Las Vegas native General and Electrical contractor. From custom home construction and remodeling to hanging ceiling fans and installing new lighting. Since 2007 we've served our community and have had an amazing on time track record. We are AngiesList award winners and Home Depot Pro referral representatives. We'd love to share our strengths with you and get you started on your next project.

Visionary Services

GNJ Electric LLC

GNJ Electric services range from a simple outlet swap out to full blown home renovations. Some services we offer but not limited to adding new outlets, installing new lights, panel upgrade, Tesla chargers, camera systems, hanging tvs , speaker systems and many more. Here at GNJ Electric work is always done right the first time, never taking shortcuts and keeping up with house keeping. Thats what separates GNJ Electric from the rest. GNJ Electric is a small owner operated business established in 2022 but have been doing electrical for almost 8 years.

100.00

We manufacture shade systems and are located in North Las Vegas. These include patio shades, window shades, interior shades, retractable awnings, drop draperies, solar screens and extremely large drop shade systems.