SJ Waterproofing

Founded 1970 • With Angi since November 2013

Glassboro, NJ 08028

We are a family owned and operated business that has been in operation for over 50 years. We take pride in all of our work and ensure all of our customers are completely satisfied with all of the services provided. All estimates are given by one of the owners, and all work is supervised and completed by one of the owners. Your investment in your home, is our investment in our company. We are not done until the customer is 100% happy with the job. No job is to big or to small! Additional Email- info@sjwaterproofing.com...

10/07/2020

Carol P.

Three companies gave us estimates and SJ Waterproofing was the lowest price. Anthony explained in detail what he was going to do. It was similar to other two companies. He did it without cutting the drywall. He covered all the furniture. He flushed out the existing drainage system and disinfected the walls in effected area. He was very neat and respected the area as a living space. We called with concerns after the job was done. Anthony answered all our questions.

Description of Work
open foundation floor to install weep holes for better drainage

11/06/2018

Paul K.

Extremely well. Job was completed on time as promised. Very professional and left the home clean.

Description of Work
French drain

09/04/2018

Barbara V.

It went great. Thorough, professional.

Description of Work
cracks in basement floor sealed

04/23/2018

Walter P.

It was great. The owner of the company came to Pennsylvania to give me a proposal. It took a little bit to be abler to get on the schedule but on that day 3 workers showed up with lots of equipment and material. They worked non stop and were done in one day. SJ did an excellent job. I have not seen 1 drop of water come through the walls since they put the system in. I am very happy and wished i would have done it earlier as it would have saved me a lot of anxiety.

Description of Work
French Drain and new sump pump

12/06/2017

Kristina D.

I had a total of 4 contractors come out to provide estimates, out of all 4 contractors Kris with SJ Waterproofing was the first one to call me back within hours the same day. She understood the urgency and stress in my voice; she helped settle my nerves and scheduled for Phil Sr. to come the same week. Phil is friendly, well-versed in his field and most of all a point blank kind of guy. He provided an A or B option not trying to up sell, with the knowledge he provided helped me understand all the contractors estimates and what I truly needed Although the job itself was scary (I kept envisioning the house collapsing), I decided to go with SJ Waterproofing their pricing was competitive and I felt very comfortable that I was in good hands with SJ Waterproofing. I was very pleased with the professional and prompt service this company provided. The team work involved with Kris, Phil Sr., Anthony and their crew was very friendly, professional and completed as estimated. I can't say enough good things about this company and I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
My aunt had to go into a nursing facility, she lived in same home 40+yrs and never married and no children. Preparing the house to sell reality hit hard; I discovered the support beams in the crawl spaced had rotted and left side foundation was crumbling. Clearly this issue needed to be dealt asap! The project involved supporting/temporary beams, raising the house off the foundation, installing new beams, additional support beams, fixing entire left side of foundation and for peace of mind I had them dry lock the blocks.

09/26/2017

deb C.

Man who came for estimate was not having a good day, and had an attitude.

Description of Work
asking about basement problem

09/11/2017

david G.

It was good. We had a difficult time coordinating a time to schedule. We played phone tag for awhile, but once they actually came out, they did a good job.

Description of Work
They sealed a basement wall which had some water penetration from the outside.

09/05/2017

Tonya R.

Good. Would recommend to family and friends.

Description of Work
Mold Remediation

Category mold removal

08/23/2017

Thomas A.

They showed up right on time, took a good look at the condition of my foundation and explained exactly what I needed to do and that I could easily do it myself. No BS like from the other guy. Would definitely call again and recommend just based on their honesty.

Description of Work
Wanted a second opinion after getting an estimate from a basement refinisher on what needed to get done to my foundation

08/16/2017

Nelson L.

Interior French Drain installed - Great job performed at very reasonable price point (had two quotes and they came in lower even with additional services offered). The team came in on time and completed the work efficiently and at price quoted. They did a great job cleaning up afterwards and making the area look as if they weren't there (aside from the new french drain). They also removed an area of damaged walkway that was sloping towards the house and pooling water under the deck and replaced it with new concrete that looks really good. in short - Straightforward, honest company with very reasonable pricing for high quality work. Definite recommend- thanks!

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing - installation of interior french drain / sump pump system

08/14/2017

D P E.

Workers came on time and performed trenching and laying of pipe with minimal disruption to lawn. The second trench was a bit less deep than the first, necessitating a follow up visit to cut off an exposed end, which is why I rated quality as good as opposed to excellent. It has solved my drainage problem of water pooling by foundation and partially solved problem of erosion on my slanted back yard (I need to get some regrading or terracing done in future.) Because it was very damp/overcast, one form of the concrete was removed before set enough, with minimal shifting of edge.

Description of Work
Running PVC drainage pipe from 2 downspouts below grade about 15 feet in length. Removing narrow cracked concrete slab and replacing with shorter new slab.

Category concrete repair, drain pipe

08/10/2017

Matt H.

I called SJ Waterproofing to get an estimate to fix the flooding in my basement, and two days later, Phil was at my front door. He was professional and polite and told me exactly what his solution to my problem would be. He provided an itemized quote and an idea of how long it would take. I was very happy the service call. Ultimately we went with another company (equally good reviews but a lower price for similar work), but I'd still recommend getting Phil out to look at your job.

Description of Work
French drain & sump pump install, basement waterproofing

05/24/2017

Robert J.

Excellent....great service, professional....I cannot say enough great things about this company. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
French drain installed

10/31/2016

Stephanie H.

Good. Fast workers. No more wet basement.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing. Installation of French Drain.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

05/19/2016

Carol O.

These guys are great. ?We used them for our home in Mt. Laurel and then when we purchased a shore house in Brigantine with a crawl space that needed some attention...we knew just who to call...SJ Waterproofing! ?The disinfected our crawl space, corrected a water problem and some other items in the crawl. ?I would trust Phil, Anthony, Lou and the crew at SJ with any project.

Description of Work
Disinfect the crawl space for mold. Install a portion of french drain and a sump pump. Vapor barrier.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, mold removal

05/13/2016

Maria P.

A friend referred me to Anthony at SJ Waterproofing after I purchased an older brick row home that needed a little work. ?They assured me that SJ was the company to handle our foundation and water issues. ?Anthony was on time for the inspection and worked down my list with me. ?He also pointed out a few other items that I was going to eventually need to address and explained the cost savings of taking care of them sooner rather then later. ?The previous owners had installed a bathroom in the walkout basement and neglected to properly waterproof it (one of the walls was an exterior wall). ?Anthony explained the process and addressed my concern of having the bathroom put back together. ?He said that his company would be able to handle ?it. ?The entire project took two days to complete. ?The brick veneer, stucco and bathroom all were completed to my satisfaction. ?I highly recommend SJ Waterproofing.

Description of Work
Install a brick veneer in one room. Re-stucco an interior wall. Waterproof a basement bathroom and some remodeling.

05/12/2016

The C.

Great!! The men at SJ Waterproofing worked like a well oiled machine. ?They arrived, got right to work, never stopped, except for a quick break while the new concrete was setting up and cleaned up. ?They were a ?no-nonsense crew. With our business being open 6 days a week, we were looking for the job to completed on a Saturday and only take one day. ?They assured us it would..and it did.

Description of Work
Removed some deteriorated asphalt and installed a concrete pad for a commercial building at our business and some exterior drainage on the property.

Category concrete repair, drain pipe

05/12/2016

Matt B.

SJ Waterproofing had done some work at our Auto Body business location and they did such a good job that we had them do some work at our home. We had some concrete steps that had been patched over the years and it just wasn't holding up. We hired SJ to remove the old and pour new steps with a landing and some sidewalk. The men were neat and clean in their work and very respectful of our property. I would definitely call them for any future projects that they are experienced with. Their prices were very reasonable too.

Description of Work
Install new concrete steps and a landing and some sidewalk.

Category concrete repair

05/07/2016

Frieda L.

We contracted with SJ Waterproofing to repair a section of our existing drain system and to take care of an area on the exterior of our home that always has standing water for days after a heavy rain. They arrived on time came to the door walked us through what they were going to do, asked if we had any questions prior to starting and then got right to work. Once they were finished, Anthony came to get us to go over everything. He let us know what to expect over the next few days with respect to the wet concrete, etc., asked us if we had any questions and made certain that we knew to contact them at any time should we have a question or concern. We were very happy that everything went so smoothly.

Description of Work
Replaced a section of our perimeter drain system, and some exterior drainage.

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

05/06/2016

Lisa H.

We were very impressed with SJ Waterproofing from the minute they came to look at our basement and give us an estimate for repairs.? They were very knowledgeable, courteous, and professional.? They did not try to upsell us on anything more than what we actually needed and their price was very fair compared to other companies that we had give us a quote.? The technician that came to do out work was very punctual, courteous, knowledgeable, professional, and had a very professional appearance.? He went out of his was to minimize the mess that we would have from the repair and cleaned everything up when he was finished.? We were very satisfied with the work that he did and have not had any issues with water seepage since this work was performed.? We would highly recommend SJ Waterproofing!

Description of Work
Repaired a crack in the foundation to stop water seepage

Loretta S.

9/27/10 Hired SJ Waterproofing to reinforce a first floor bathroom for an upcoming re-model project for a bedroom/bathroom from the crawl space. The original contractor who built the home never handled the bathroom properly. It was designed as a handicapped bathroom and the original floor wasn't built with the proper material (we found out once the floor rotted and started to sag.) SJ Waterproofing had been referred to me by a family member as having knowledge in all types of structural issues. Our biggest concern at the time was making sure the foundation could support the "new bathroom" once the remodeling project started. Phil came out to inspect and when we explained what we ultimately wanted for the bedroom/bathroom, he not only knew how to support the area from under the crawl space, but explained to us what we needed to confirm with our contractor for bathroom remodel. He explained to us the type of floor/materials that should have been used the first time around so we wouldn't be in the position of needing a remodel. The guys did an excellent job and because of that we called them for several more projects. $3750.00 10/28/10 Hired SJ Waterproofing to come back to the house and do some disinfecting/decontaminating for the re-model project. There clean and thorough. They also worked their schedule to accommodate us as they knew the "rush" we were in at the time. $1675.00 3/4/13 Hired SJ Waterproofing to replace the sump pump and paint the basement walls. They recommended using a waterproof sealant. Again, they were professional, prompt and cleaned up after themselves. $2400.00

Description of Work
Reinforced first floor bathroom from the crawl space, sealing the foundation walls in the basement, installed a new pump and disinfected first floor bathroom during a remodel project.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, mold removal, foundation repair

Dave M.

The project went very well. We already had a french drain in the basement, but we had an issue with two windows that would fill up with water and leak in to the basement. Our basement was finished off so we were worried about damage. We also had a problem area on the exterior of the house where the discharge line for the pump would empty. It would stay soggy for days after a rain. Lou from SJ Waterproofing arrived on time, explained again what he was going to do with the windows by installing the drains and then explained about extended the discharge line on the exterior and running in underground away from the house. He was quick, efficient and clean. We would absolutely hire SJ Waterproofing again for another project.

Description of Work
Window well drains. Extend discharge line for sump pump. Some exterior drainage.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

Frances P. W.

We have a home that is over 100 years old with a stone foundation. We purchased the home in the late 1960"s and the basement had been a few areas that were finished off. As time went on, we started to get water during heavy rains and then eventually started to get water every time it rained. The paneling and carpeting and everything else started to suffer. We could no longer use the basement for what we had intended to. When we had finally had enough, we decided to call 3 companies for estimates. SJ Waterproofing was by far the most knowledgeable and reasonable, not only because of their price, but because they could do ALL the work themselves. It was clear that from the moment Phil made his inspection and sat down and explained to us what needed to be done to restore the basement to a healthy and safe living area, we had called the right company, He explained that what we could see as being damaged was only part of it. Because the paneling was covering the stone walls, we really had no idea the shape they were in. (One of the other companies wanted to cut the paneling 3' high around the perimeter and leave the rest). Phil's concern was the paneling was very likely mold infested on the back side(where we couldn't see it) and it was hiding the condition of the stone foundation. (there were exposed areas of the stone foundation and they were crumbling and had a white powder all over them) As the conversation went on, there wasn't a question we asked that he couldn't answer. It was obvious that the company who sent the guy out who wanted to cut the sheet rock..sent a salesman, he couldn't answer our questions and relied on pictures and literature, instead of just talking to us. Phil was clearly speaking from lots of experience and indicated it was his trade. He recommended what he called "gutting" the basement to expose the foundation all the way around and SJ Waterproofing would clean the walls and re-parge them as well as applying a waterproofing sealant to restore the foundation. He also recommended installing an interior perimeter drain system. There was section of the concrete floor that was crumbling as well. He recommended pouring a new floor in that area while they were there doing the other work. He explained that it needed to be done and the cost savings to do everything at once and by the same company was beneficial. The project took a total of three days and the men worked from the moment they arrived to the moment they left. It's been 12 years and we have not had a problem since.

Description of Work
Clean out our basement, installed a french drain with sump pumps, restored the foundation and poured a section of a basement floor.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, foundation repair

04/28/2016

Gina A.

The guys were great. They installed a french drain around the entire basement and applied a sealant to our walls. From the moment they arrived, they were professional, clean, and respectful of us and our property. We had received multiple estimates for our project and the prices ranged from SJ's of $5800 up to almost $15,000...for the same work. We couldn't believe it. It was such a pleasant experience for us as homeowners, from the time Phil came to assess our project through to the completion when Anthony, Luis and the men were leaving the property. We are so thrilled with the result we wanted to make sure we let others know about SJ Waterproofing.

Description of Work
Installed a drain system in our basement and sealed our walls.

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

03/28/2016

colleen F.

633SJ Waterproofing came in and removed all signs of water damage. They cleaned the area prepped, sealed and painted the basement exactly to our specifications. Their men are incredibly polite and careful with your property. They worked the entire time they were there and we couldn't have asked for better treatment. I recommend them all the time.

Description of Work
Waterproofed my basement

Basement Gurus

We have over 30 years of combined experience. We are family owned and operated and certified. We aim to please we want 100% guaranteed satisfaction.

Aqua Dry Basement Waterproofing

Aqua Dry specializes in Basement & Crawlspace Waterproofing Science and we are Foundation Repair Experts: We invite you to take advantage of our one time free estimate / inspection offer and the most competitive financing options. We realize damp, wet, smelly basements can be very frustrating. That's why we offer a 21 point inspection to determine the cause of the water intrusion and mold growth. Aqua Dry has achieved the highest accolades for their proactive technology, hands on craftsmanship and superior mold remediation practices. Go from Wet to dry in 2 days or less. Our motto is to affordably solve your water intrusion concerns, in addition too, designing the best defense to combat against all Microbial growth and Mycotoxins. Finally, there is "One Local Waterproofing Expert" who cares about your home and your families health. As we continue to provide the most effective methods in achieving a healthy proactive Basement environment - Call Now 215-432-7122

Offers by Aqua Dry Basement Waterproofing on Angi
    Dry Tech Waterproofing Solutions

We are a locally owned and operated basement waterproofing company with over 25 years experience. With over 10 years of servicing the tri-state area, we have many satisfied customers. In addition to our quality workmanship, our warranty is among the best in the industry! Call now for your FREE, no obligation, in home estimate.

13VH05425900
    New Jersey
    New Jersey: General
    03/31/2023
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Basement & Crawl Space Waterproofing, Foundation/Structural Repairs; Masonry Repairs and Historical Restoration; Sump Pumps and Battery Back-Up Systems; Bilco Doors and Egress Windows installed; Sealants/Painting, Mold Remediation; Garage & Attic Clean Ups, Termite Damage, Wood Repair including Floor Joists, Sill Plates and Subflooring, Exterior Drainage; Downspout Extensions & Grading.