Reel-Strong Heating & Cooling

Founded 1925 • With Angi since December 2005

Family owned and operated for over 86 years-since 1925. Discover what "Reel" personal service is like! If you ever have a problem that is not solved to your satisfaction by our service technicians or office staff, you can speak to either of the owners, Clint or Pete Crane. We will take a personal interest in your problem and be responsible for providing a solution. We not only promise our customers prompt and efficient service- We Guarantee It! Respecting your space and time is our priority. When you trust us, you're trusting a hardworking, honest family who will do whatever it takes to satisfy our customers. We offer night and weekend emergency service at all times if our office is closed. Additional Email - info@reel-strong.com, pete@reel-strong.com. Additional Phone number - (888) 480-0901....

Approved Chimney LLC

Approved Chimney was established by Vick Jakupi to provide outstanding service to both residential and commercial clients with all their chimney needs. Starting out more than 11 years ago his experience and expertise has earned him the credentials from CSIA (Chimney Safety institute of America). Acquiring the proper licenses and certifications has put his business at the highest level in chimney services. At Approved Chimney we believe in the highest customer satisfaction when concerning all chimney needs. From the annual sweeping to the most enhanced relining or rebuilding of chimneys in New Jersey area. All of our technicians are trained and Certified Liner installers and work closely with the home owners in understanding of step by step procedures of the work taking place.

Build Up Construction

At Build Up Construction, our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Our team is committed to meeting those needs. We welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in roofing, chimney, siding and masonry projects you have. No job is too big or too small for our experienced team. Call today for a quote.

Ryan & Son Chimneys

As an industry leader Bill Ryan has served on Boards of Directors for the past 17 years and is a Nationwide instructor of Chimney Inspections, chimney repair and chimney related technical classes. Ryan and Son Chimneys is a full service chimney company specializing in Chimney inspection (level 1, 2 and 3) chimney and fireplace restoration, chimney liners, caps, repairs, installations. Fireplace, wood and pellet stove installations. Pellet, gas and wood appliance service. Consulting, expert witness and hearth and chimney design services.

04/25/2017

Yes, I would recommend them. They were responsive. Probably about two workers. The workers were ok.

Description of Work
Tune up, and they installed the filter.

03/14/2017

Lousy, not only because of the technician sent but also the lack of customer service when I called Reel Strong to discuss the issue. They don't seem to back up their service especially with a longstanding customer.

Description of Work
Had appointment to have furnace cleaned in December 2016. Usually takes at over 1 hour and because it is an old oil furnace, there is always a distinct odor with the cleaning. Never been anyway different. I have been directly present for at least 20 cleanings and I know this to be a fact. Technician was in and out faster than one could say "furnace cleaning". Have had furnaces cleaned by Reel Strong company for 40+ years in 2 separate homes. The technician on this visit did not change air filter as required by job....he told me "it didn't need it" and when I questioned the technician further about the condition of the filter and chimney, he turned to his helper and told him "to go double check it, my eyes aren't that good". (Maybe you shouldn't be doing this type of work ??? What "else" can't you SEE). Helper brought filter upstairs and it was FILTHY...I could see it from across the room WITHOUT glasses. The furnace was not cleaned in the manner it was done in the past. When I called the company I was told by Mr. Crane that this particular technician was "fast" and when I told him that this type of service has never happened before Mr. Crane said he would send out Mike to double check the workmanship. Assistant in office confirmed in a later phone call that Mike was told to check my furnace and was given my cell phone number to stop in when he was in the area. To date, March 14 (3 months) this has NOT happened. I am wondering if Reel Strong really values its long standing customers who pay annual maintenance with no complaints and yet is NOT responsive when I contacted them 4 times about this issue.

11/06/2015

Reel-strong did a great job. They were professional and clean. They showed up exactly when they said they were going to, and they minimized the intrusiveness of the ductwork allowing us to maximize our basement space. Their subcontractors operated with the same level of cleanliness and professionalism. Our inspections passed on the first try. We could not be happier with the services.

Description of Work
Reel-Strong installed air conditioning in our house (2 zones). We previously did not have air conditioning in our house, so they had to install the units and the duct work.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

10/09/2015

Every time I have had a problem with the furnace someone has come out right away and did a good job. Only issue I have is that one year we tried to get a filter system installed. The sales guy came out and gave me the estimate and showed me the brochure, but then even though I called and called leaving many messages, he never (over months) called me back with an installation appointment. Finally g...

Description of Work
Got furnace going after it had stopped running. Also did general maintenance.

09/14/2015

Here on time did job and left. very good

Description of Work
Oil fired boiler cleaning

08/28/2015

They did a very professional job from start to finish. I have always used Reel-Strong for heating and cooling work and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replace central A/C unit

Category heating & cooling contractor

06/19/2014

For the furnace tune ups they were very punctual professional and thorough. They take pride in their work. My parents were also very pleased with the work they did on their entire system replacement.

Description of Work
Tune up on furnace back in 2012 and a couple previous times. I recommended them to my parents and they just used them to replace furnace, AC and water heater in Scotch Plains.

Category heating & cooling contractor","water heater installer

02/03/2014

I called and they booked me in for an appointment right away. Mike C was very kind and thorough with his assessment and explanation.

Description of Work
Inspected boiler because base boards weren't heating to their capacity. Adjusted boiler temperature to perform well vs outdoor cold temps.

Category heating & cooling contractor

10/29/2013

Vrey profiessional, polite and prompt.

Description of Work
Helped repair hot water heater which was effected by water damage of a flooded basement. We have also had a new furnace installed approximately 2 years ago.

Category heating & cooling contractor","water heater installer

09/19/2013

Reel Strong is a great company. Their office staff answers questions and all the service people are on-time and extremely pleasant.

Description of Work
Clean furnace and check chimney.

Category heating & cooling contractor","chimney repair contractor

Heating, air conditioning and fuel oil, including repairs, installations and new equipment sales, thermostats, humidifiers, high efficiency air cleaners and filters, gas burners, furnaces and heating boilers, combustion efficiency testing, tank inspection.

No 'licensed plumbing' service