Reel-Strong Heating & Cooling

Founded 1925 • With Angi since December 2005

549 Lexington Ave

Cranford, NJ 07016

Family owned and operated for over 86 years-since 1925. Discover what "Reel" personal service is like! If you ever have a problem that is not solved to your satisfaction by our service technicians or office staff, you can speak to either of the owners, Clint or Pete Crane. We will take a personal interest in your problem and be responsible for providing a solution. We not only promise our customers prompt and efficient service- We Guarantee It! Respecting your space and time is our priority. When you trust us, you're trusting a hardworking, honest family who will do whatever it takes to satisfy our customers. We offer night and weekend emergency service at all times if our office is closed. Additional Email - info@reel-strong.com, pete@reel-strong.com. Additional Phone number - (888) 480-0901....

04/25/2017

h W.

Yes, I would recommend them. They were responsive. Probably about two workers. The workers were ok.

Description of Work
Tune up, and they installed the filter.

04/25/2017

h W.

Description of Work
Installed the air conditioning. The renovated air conditioning system. They re-installed the unit.

03/14/2017

Mary A.

Lousy, not only because of the technician sent but also the lack of customer service when I called Reel Strong to discuss the issue. They don't seem to back up their service especially with a longstanding customer.

Description of Work
Had appointment to have furnace cleaned in December 2016. Usually takes at over 1 hour and because it is an old oil furnace, there is always a distinct odor with the cleaning. Never been anyway different. I have been directly present for at least 20 cleanings and I know this to be a fact. Technician was in and out faster than one could say "furnace cleaning". Have had furnaces cleaned by Reel Strong company for 40+ years in 2 separate homes. The technician on this visit did not change air filter as required by job....he told me "it didn't need it" and when I questioned the technician further about the condition of the filter and chimney, he turned to his helper and told him "to go double check it, my eyes aren't that good". (Maybe you shouldn't be doing this type of work ??? What "else" can't you SEE). Helper brought filter upstairs and it was FILTHY...I could see it from across the room WITHOUT glasses. The furnace was not cleaned in the manner it was done in the past. When I called the company I was told by Mr. Crane that this particular technician was "fast" and when I told him that this type of service has never happened before Mr. Crane said he would send out Mike to double check the workmanship. Assistant in office confirmed in a later phone call that Mike was told to check my furnace and was given my cell phone number to stop in when he was in the area. To date, March 14 (3 months) this has NOT happened. I am wondering if Reel Strong really values its long standing customers who pay annual maintenance with no complaints and yet is NOT responsive when I contacted them 4 times about this issue.

07/19/2016

Erik G.

Description of Work
They came out for routine maintenance and determined that I should get a new boiler. Separate gentleman came out for the estimate of the new system and had some good ideas and said he would send an estimate. He seemed interested in doing the job, for sure. I never received the estimate. I called several times and office staff were very friendly and said gentleman would call back to give me status of estimate. One time they said he was there and would call back in a couple of minutes. Never heard from him. If you're suddenly not interested, just say so and let's not waste everyone's time. The person that referred me to this company said something similar happened to their neighbor that they also referred. Just bizarre.

06/14/2016

Donna T.

Description of Work
Still waiting to see if the job was well done (air conditioning)

11/06/2015

Joshua P.

Reel-strong did a great job. They were professional and clean. They showed up exactly when they said they were going to, and they minimized the intrusiveness of the ductwork allowing us to maximize our basement space. Their subcontractors operated with the same level of cleanliness and professionalism. Our inspections passed on the first try. We could not be happier with the services.

Description of Work
Reel-Strong installed air conditioning in our house (2 zones). We previously did not have air conditioning in our house, so they had to install the units and the duct work.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

10/09/2015

Leslie S.

Every time I have had a problem with the furnace someone has come out right away and did a good job. Only issue I have is that one year we tried to get a filter system installed. The sales guy came out and gave me the estimate and showed me the brochure, but then even though I called and called leaving many messages, he never (over months) called me back with an installation appointment. Finally gave up and got someone else. Could never understand why he would not return my calls.

Description of Work
Got furnace going after it had stopped running. Also did general maintenance.

09/14/2015

Vincent V.

Here on time did job and left. very good

Description of Work
Oil fired boiler cleaning

08/28/2015

Paul C.

They did a very professional job from start to finish. I have always used Reel-Strong for heating and cooling work and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replace central A/C unit

08/04/2015

Richard S.

Description of Work
check

06/19/2014

Erik G.

For the furnace tune ups they were very punctual professional and thorough. They take pride in their work. My parents were also very pleased with the work they did on their entire system replacement.

Description of Work
Tune up on furnace back in 2012 and a couple previous times. I recommended them to my parents and they just used them to replace furnace, AC and water heater in Scotch Plains.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

02/05/2014

Patrick A.

02/03/2014

Frances P.

I called and they booked me in for an appointment right away. Mike C was very kind and thorough with his assessment and explanation.

Description of Work
Inspected boiler because base boards weren't heating to their capacity. Adjusted boiler temperature to perform well vs outdoor cold temps.

09/19/2013

Mary A.

Reel Strong is a great company. Their office staff answers questions and all the service people are on-time and extremely pleasant.

Description of Work
Clean furnace and check chimney.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, chimney repair

12/19/2005

CONYEE L.

I THOUGHT THEY WERE FINE. THERE WAS A SMALL PROBLEM WITH THE INSTALLATION, BUT THEY MADE SURE TO COME OUT AND FIX IT. I THOUGHT THE PRICE WAS PRETTY GOOD; IT WAS ABOUT THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE, SO I CAN'T COMPLAIN.

Description of Work
THEY REPLACED OUR OLD BOILER.

Mann's Heating & AC Inc

When it comes to indoor comfort, you and your family deserve only the best. But you also want a quality heating and air conditioning system that provides value as well as comfort. This is where Manns Heating and Air Conditioning Inc comes in. We're proud of our years of service in Perth Amboy, providing residential and commercial customers alike with complete sales, service, and installation of high quality heating and air conditioning systems from Carrier. Our full service mechanical technicians are on the job quickly, thanks to our fleet of radio-dispatched trucks. And at Manns Heating and Air Conditioning Inc, we repair all makes and models. Be sure to ask your Manns Heating and Air Conditioning Inc representative about the availability of financing which can help you make your dream of year round comfort come true.

AJT Complete Construction LLC

At AJT Complete Construction, we take great pride in our experience, expertise, quality, and customer service. It is our mission to provide excellent workmanship and complete customer satisfaction from start to completion of a project. We offer free estimates and evaluations

Offers by AJT Complete Construction LLC on Angi
    Ryan & Son Chimneys

As an industry leader Bill Ryan has served on Boards of Directors for the past 17 years and is a Nationwide instructor of Chimney Inspections, chimney repair and chimney related technical classes. Ryan and Son Chimneys is a full service chimney company specializing in Chimney inspection (level 1, 2 and 3) chimney and fireplace restoration, chimney liners, caps, repairs, installations. Fireplace, wood and pellet stove installations. Pellet, gas and wood appliance service. Consulting, expert witness and hearth and chimney design services.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
    Satisfaction

Heating, air conditioning and fuel oil, including repairs, installations and new equipment sales, thermostats, humidifiers, high efficiency air cleaners and filters, gas burners, furnaces and heating boilers, combustion efficiency testing, tank inspection.

No 'licensed plumbing' service