Cackalacky Construction

Pittsboro, NC 27312

Garage foundation, stamped driveway, and retaining wall

Garage foundation, stamped driveway, and retaining wall

stamped concrete
Poured foundation and slab for garage. Also did a stamped driveway with drain and retaining wall.

Veteran owned business that does: Concrete driveways and repair, sidewalks, stamped concrete, patios, pavers, footers, and driveways including gravel delivery. Thanks ...

4.3

4.3

4.4

concrete repair (19)concrete driveways (12)stamped concrete (6)hardscaping (4)mudjacking (3)excavating (3)stone & gravel (2)tree service (1)screen repair (1)roofing (1)masonry (1)lawn & landscaping (1)

12/14/2021

Luis G.

Working with Andy and team was smooth sailing. We needed a concrete slab foundation for our dream Greenhouse next to our Vegetable Garden. The crew ( three guys) was very respectful, efficient, maintained the work area clean and accesible and listened to our questions. They aimed at getting this unique project to its perfect measurement, angle and elevation. The work was all done in the time promised. Access to our site was a bit extra work but they didn’t complain. There was no damage to the surrounding area either. The next day they came to check that all was done properly to our satisfaction and remove what was left securing the concrete to dry out. Andy is a friendly and knowledgeable contractor. I’d hire him again without hesitation.

Description of Work
concrete foundation for customed made greenhouse

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 12/19/2021

12/09/2021

Steve H.

Terrible Terrible Terrible! Cackalacky construction is *not* a licensed contractor, they will *not* finish the job and they *will* extort you for more money. Andy (or Nate – he uses multiple names) signed a contract for a stamped concrete patio and stone firepit install. The contract was for a fixed amount and was based on labeled, measured drawings I provided to him. We both agreed on the size and scope of the patio and I gave him my choice of stone for the firepit. The first issue was the patio color – I wanted gray and evidently the concrete world was all out of gray color for stamped concrete, so I was convinced to do brown instead (to not delay the project). The concrete was poured and stamped, then the stone firepit could get going. The first significant issue we had was that he got the wrong stone and wanted to lay it completely wrong. I specifically requested a “stacked stone” look and he wanted to do irregular stone with wide grout joints – nothing at all like the look I requested. He then told me he got that stone, despite it not being the stone I requested, because they didn’t have the stone I wanted at the stone center. It was a 4 week lead time to get that stone at the time (I had sent him my stone selection *over* 4 weeks earlier). He found a similar looking stone that would work and that was in stock so he got that. What he didn’t tell me at the time was that the “replacement” stone was over twice as expensive – had he shared that, I would have told him not to proceed. The project got to a point where is was about 2/3 done and he stopped work and told me he needed more money (over 20% of the original budget!) if I wanted him to finish. When we contracted the project, I made it clear that the budget wasn’t flexible – I had a fixed amount of money for this project and the scope of the project would be dictated by what he could accomplish with that budget. We agreed on what he could do for that price. What Andy/Nate will do is cut corners to save time, spend all the money (I *stupidly* paid up front) by mis-managing the project and then tell you, when the project is 2/3 done, that he can’t continue unless you give him more money. Then he’ll walk off the job when you don’t give him more money, leaving the job site a complete mess (concrete spilled all over, bits of cut stone all over the yard and an incomplete project). Then he’ll stop emailing/texting/answering calls. I got completely ghosted because I wouldn’t be extorted for another 20% on top of the contracted price. It took months to get someone to come out and fix the mess. The stamped concrete looks *terrible*. The color is uneven with clear trowel marks everywhere, the stamp lines barely exist in some places and are double-stamped in others. The relief cuts were cut free-hand so they wave all over the place. He did a 4” border around the stamped, but just eyeballed it so it is just as wavy as the grout lines. The patio is an abomination and an embarrassment. He even used part of my backyard as a concrete washout so there’s a big pile of gravel in a corner of the yard! If there were negative stars I would give them. I cannot warn you strongly enough to not trust this person. Andy (Nate?) I hope you read this and are ashamed of the state in which you left my home.

Description of Work
Stamped concrete patio and fire pit

Category concrete repair,stamped concrete

Work Completed On 08/01/2021

Review for Cackalacky Construction - NC hwy 64, Pittsboro, NC - 39567264

10/14/2021

Joanna B.

We have had several different projects with Cackalacky Construction. We keep going back to them for all of our projects. They have been completed on time, within budget and incredibly professionally. Nate & his crews were extremely friendly, hard working knowledgeable in their crafts. I would trust this company with any upcoming project. We now have a beautiful driveway, garage, patio and sidewalk thanks to Cackalacky.

Description of Work
Driveway, Sidewalk, Patio & Garage Built

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways,picture framing,mudjacking,hardscaping,stamped concrete

Work Completed On 10/14/2021

09/24/2021

Cheryl A.

It was great. Andy worked with me on the plan and came up with a great option for our drainage issue that fit in my budget. The day of .. everyone was on time and did amazing work .. such attention to details. Love it!!

Description of Work
concrete driveway replacement

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways

Work Completed On 09/27/2021

09/24/2021

Paul G.

I got Cackalacky construction From Angi.com. They had good reviews. Andy (AKA Nate) gave us a good price, not the lowest but he would do all I wanted done. I wanted a slate patio removed and a stamped patio and a short walkway on the side of my garage installed. The walkway required a small tree removal which he said he could just pull out on throw in his dump truck. When it came time to write up a contract he canceled the appointments three times and finally came two days before the work was to start. He said the job would take two days. They came on a monday and took out the old patio and put in the forms. They couldn't do the concrete because of a storm in the area. They came the next day and poured and stamped the concrete. I raised concerns with Steve, one of Andy's workers because Andy wasn't there, about some areas but was told they would be fine after the concrete was power washed. A week later they came back to power wash and seal the patio.They didn't have a power washer so I let them yours mine. They didt have any sealer because it was the 5th of july and the place was closed. The areas I was concerned about still look bad. Andy said if they still looked bad after the sealing he would grind them smooth. After the sealing they were just as bad so Andy said he was going away for a week and would come by after and work it. So a few weeks later he sent two people over and they say that if they try to grind the concrete it will make it worse. Out of frustration I told them if you can't fix it then tear it up and redo it. They call Nate and he tells them that he will have to come the next week and look at it. The next Friday he comes, my wife is home, doesn't tell her he's there, goes in the back and is taking pictures.I was on the phone with my wife when he set off the motion alarm we have so we know our dog is at the door. My wife went out and told him I want to talk to him. He said he wouldn't talk to me and started to leave. My wife got him to stay and talked to him. He gave her the same song and dance he gave me about grinding and "DETAILING",whatever that is, the concrete and of course it will be next week.That was 4 weeks ago. One last thing. His idea of removing the old patio was to carefully pack up all the slate he can reuse and bury the rest around the edge of the patio. The first good rain we had, they all came to the surface. I can't replant the grass till I get all the big pieces out. And the tree he removed sat on the side of my house till I cut it up. I had to tell him twice that my trash collection would not take it before he put stump on one of his trailers. There was never a dump truck at my house. I don,t know if he even has one! Andy did tell my wife that the job was 85% good. I think more like 50%. But if 85% is good enough for you by all means use cackalacky construction. To all who read this if you have a job done good or bad please leave a review. A lot of people rely on them when looking for someone to do the work.

Description of Work
Stamped Concrete Patio

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 09/19/2021

Review for Cackalacky Construction - NC hwy 64, Pittsboro, NC - 39485674

09/17/2021

Sarah T.

Cackalacky Construction poured a concrete patio and an over 60 ft long retaining wall with drainage. Over a year later they are both in great shape! The price was fair and crew easy to work with.

Description of Work
Retaining wall and concrete patio

Category concrete repair,hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/22/2021

09/13/2021

John P.

Excellent work! Everything was done well and in a very timely manner. Our driveway looks great and the new culvert that desperately needed to be fixed is as good as new. We also had them remove old fencing and level off area for our new lawn. Overall we are very satisfied with the way everything turned out and will definitely hire again in the future when we need work done.

Description of Work
grading, spreading gravel, remove and replace culvert pipe to fix drainage, take out fence

Category excavators,pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 09/13/2021

Review for Cackalacky Construction - NC hwy 64, Pittsboro, NC - 39479398

09/10/2021

Dale J.

The driveway replacement and widening got a little off track from the beginning because the framing wasn't laid out by his workers according to my drawing and measurements. However, the best part about working with Andy was that he recognized that it wasn't laid out correctly once the concrete had been poured and he did not hesitate to commit to making sure it was corrected as soon as possible. My stamped concrete patio turned out beautiful! Andy is honest, committed to doing quality work, and his pricing is very competitive. It's hard to find good contractors that keep appointments, commit to quality work and customer satisfaction, and do it with a great attitude and a friendly smile.

Description of Work
concrete driveway removal and replacement, stamped patio. Also replenish gravel in back parking area.

Category concrete driveways,pavers, gravel,stamped concrete

Work Completed On 09/11/2021

Thank you for the review. There was a little bit of confusion on the dimensions of the driveway with my guys. Ultimately you were very patient with us to come back and fix the driveway and I am very appreciative for that. Hopefully you guys enjoy the extra parking and the stamped patio!

09/09/2021

stephen D.

The demo, concrete and framing work went well with Cackalacky.

Description of Work
removed 4 trees, demolition of shed, grading, poured slab and footing for workshop and framed and sheathed the roof

Category concrete repair,excavators,picture framing

Work Completed On 09/09/2021

09/09/2021

Nathan P.

Cackalacky Construction did a great job of clearing the area, which involved demolition of an old building along with tree removal, leveling the ground for my new workshop and pouring a nice even slab. Great communication thorough-out the project, Nathan was a pleasure to work with and provided a high quality service and product - would highly recommend and would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
shed demolition, remove 7 trees, pour concrete foundation/slab for workshop

Category concrete repair,excavators,tree service