Jack's Wholesale Windows

Founded 1970 • With Angi since August 2008

3.4

11830 Shaver Road

Schoolcraft, MI 49087

Jack's wholesale windows is a family owned and operated company, that has been in business since 1970. We pride ourselves and our company on top of the line products, warranties, and customer service. Our attention to detail, and "customer comes first" attitude makes us the top contender in the

03/05/2021

Ryan C.

Terrible! They put 11 windows in for the previous homeowner. During the warranty period 6 of the 11 windows failed. When I bought the house I called Jacks to have them warranty service the windows. They said the window company went out of business and they didn't have a contract with me so they could not warranty service the windows. I still needed the windows fixed so I paid $70 to have someone from their company come out and measure the failed windows for replacement. They ordered the windows which I paid $1,000 for and then waited 2 months for them to arrive. When the installer came to change the pains (for which I was charged another $70 for) we noticed that the windows that they ordered were double paned and the windows we have are triple paned. I had the installer call the office and he was told I would have to pay the difference for the triple pane and wait another 6-8 weeks. She said they might be able to get them faster but I would have to pay. I had requested that the installer change the windows to the double pane now since the others were so bad you can't even see through them so we can at least see through the windows while we wait 2 months. Sadie said no they would not do that. So I paid for them to do a job, they messed up (which happens to everyone) but then they won't even help to make that mistake right. They could have easily had their installer spend 1 hour at my house making the change and I would have been ok waiting and even paid the difference (though not happily). So I agreed to keep it as is with the double paned windows. I can't believe the "customer service" of this company! Do yourself a favor and find literally anyone else. These are not ethical people that run the company and will not support you if something goes wrong.

Description of Work
measure and change failed window pains

12/03/2020

Scott B.

I bought the very best replacement windows this place offered a few years ago. "#1 replacement window on the planet". The salesman mentioned many times about how great their lifetime warranty was and that even if a rock gets thrown through the window, they would replace the glass at no cost to the customer. screens were also supposed to be a lifetime warranty. Fast forward 3 years and I had one old window left to replace, so I have a sales rep come back out to give me a quote. The salesman also told my wife and me about the lifetime warranty and that they will replace any broken window at no cost. He gave me the persons name I needed to call to get the ball rolling on replacing a couple windows that had cracked. I was going to have them replace the over $5,000.00 window they came out to give me a quote for. Then, when the person returned our call about this warranty, she explained that they would no longer cover the lifetime warranty for the $9,000 worth of windows I had them install previously. They read the SMALL print on the bottom of the warranty. She said the warranty is a manufacturers warranty & they no longer do business with this manufacturer, so there wasn't any lifetime warranty on these windows . It clearly reads on the contract that JACK'S warranty covered the windows. This was hand written on our contract and was a very clear sales technique. BUT when there was an issue 3 years later, they would not cover anything & wanted to charge me more to replace the glass in the windows than the 2 other local glass companies I called to give a quote. The warranty person I was talking with asked about them installing the $5,000 window they had just quoted. I asked why I would ever do business with them again if they don't stand behind their products. She couldn't give any good answer. This company is VERY misleading. They train their sales people to falsely mislead their customers to get the business. ALSO, when I bought the original replacement windows, there was a deal Jack's advertised all over the TV, that if you bought 2 windows, you got the 3rd window free. I asked about that when I bought the windows & the salesperson talked around this and said this was figured in the offer. I can't express enough that if you decide to do business with this company, you will be VERY disappointed with the service after the sale. The warranty person I had been talking with did not care one way or the other if I did business with them again. I expressed my total dissatisfaction and she didn't seem to care. My opinion is that if you do business with this company, you will be left out on your own when you need any warranty issues. I will make sure to tell every person I run across that is looking for replacement windows how terrible this company is and how misleading they are. I would be ashamed of myself if I were Jack and done business like this.

Description of Work
replacement of entire house windows

07/27/2020

Connie M.

PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH JACK'S WHOLESALE WINDOWS!!! Within a few short years one problem after another surfaced, including mold between panes of glass and 2 of 3 door jams rotting from the inside out. They refuse to stand by their written warranty contract with one excuse after another. I faithfully patched, re-primed and re-painted, even caulked across the threshold but it kept getting worse and worse. I suspect the door jamb contained what is called Pesky Cyress, not at all water resistant. It was covered with primer when installed so I couldn't see. While they gave me their written manufacture and installation lifetime warranty, they never gave me the Home Guard paperwork which states they only guaranty the frames for 5 years. They won't stand by their own warranty and blames it on Home Guard. I had 25 year old materials they replaced that were in much better condition than these are after half the time. There are many other problems I could list but this is enough to get the warning out there.

Description of Work
I paid nearly $11,000 for windows and doors to be replaced with Lifetime Warranty.

Category replacement windows, doors

08/15/2018

Michelle B.

Worst company ever! They are not dependent, timely, communicative, and they lie about their great service and company values! They call to set up times to visit home, but instead stand you up, not once, but twice. They don't offer courtesy calls prior to showing up. Nor do they offer compensation to offset your horrible experience! They push blame to the sales person, the one who sold you the windows. Admitting the employee was in the wrong, but that is okay, nothing they can do about it. Connie with HR will "try to look into it", but instead also doesn't follow through and attempts to twist the conversation a different way. So if you talk to them, plan to record the conversation for proof!

Description of Work
Purchased 2 new Windows

01/05/2018

Tina T.

Terrible. Most unprofessional company I have ever had to deal with.

Description of Work
all new windows in house (8 total)

08/17/2016

Tom G.

It was the worst experience I've ever received in my life

Description of Work
They came out and undercut the other providers showed me there windows. Received a life time warranty service came out. Worked on the windows the windows was still leaking. They came at approximately 9 times to replace my windows. My heat kept running and running and I didn't realize my windows was having server air coming thru. They came out many times and replaced my windows. I'm totally unsatisfied with the service I received! They took the folder they gave me showing the times they came to my home. They wouldn't return my email, phone calls, etc... They said they where going out of business and never did go out of business. I was horrified to know they took something from my home. Terrible service!

Category window cleaning

06/01/2016

Michelle Q.

I had purchased windows from Jack's in 2008 with their lifetime warranty. Recently one window had a crack. So I immediately called to get it replaced. Six weeks later, still did not have the window replaced. I called weekly for status, and still got dodged about how there was no one available to install the window. Finally after week #7, a supervisor arrived to install the window. Upon installation, the window was broken. New window was ordered at that time, and week #8, still no replacement. I would not recommend, and I will be contacting BBB for resolution.

Description of Work
Sales rep came to home and measured windows.

05/19/2016

JILL R.

Do NOT use this company. The salesman came over and counted the windows twice. We signed the contract and the following week they came over for the install. It was late fall and pretty cold; with small children we decided it was best if we leave until the work was complete. When we returned they had completed the work. We went upstairs and I found dirty foot prints and tools on our bed. They had shorted us a window and a window that was in my son's room was actually supposed to go in the bathroom as it was frosted privacy glass. We called and they said the salesman counted 14 windows and that's what we got. I explained that the salesman counted wrong and as this was his mistake they should provided us with the window and also swap out the window in my son's room and put it in the right room. They were very rude and insinuated that this was all our fault and if we wanted the window we would have to pay for it and pay to swap out the window. They said they would have to come out, give us an estimate, order the window and then come out again to install. We also then noticed that the windows were nearly impossible to lock. We have to push down on the on the sliding window, push up on the top window and then really push on the lock and hoped it locked. We also experience alot of condensation and even ice building up on the windows as well as time went on. As a side note, my husband reminded me that one of the installers cut his finger doing the install and left the bloody paper towel on our kitchen counter. They said they would have to send someone else out to see what the problem was with the windows and THEN send someone else out to fix. At that point we were so disgusted with the poor service we just didn't want to deal with it. Recently, we were at a home show and the saleman asked us to call the office again as they wanted to make this right. I emailed the Schoolcraft office and got an immediate response that they wanted to resolve the situation. My hopes were high. The customer service person asked me to call. I called and again explained what happened. She stated I would have to call their Hammond, Indiana office since that's where the windows were purchased. We called and got the exact same response from 8 years ago!! You signed the contract so too bad on the shorted window, etc. I then sent another email and again explained the situation--NO RESPONSE. I went to their facebook page and AGAIN explained the situation and left a bad review --NO RESPONSE. Obviously, they could care less about their customers and as I've noticed here, they ignore bad reviews. I have worked in customer service in one capacity or another my entire career and would never even think of treating customers this way. If we make a mistake--at any of the companies I have worked-- we strive to resolve the situation because, 1) it's the right thing to do and 2) we want repeat business and new business --word of mouth and social media are powerful tools. This is no way to run a business. I do not think we are asking too much to get 1 small window, swap out the bathroom window and fix the poor installation.

Description of Work
installed replacement windows

07/21/2015

JANET G.

They did a wonderful job! I felt bad because one of the guys who came to do the work was very tall and they didn't realize that it was a crawlspace they were working in and not a basement, but they handled it perfectly. I would consider using them again in the future for more glass block.

Description of Work
installed two glass block windows in crawl space

Category glass block

09/23/2014

Bryan P.

Excessively long and melodramatic. "Jacked" up retail quote to ridiculous amounts and then gave multiple levels of "discounts" to reach final quote. What a sales pitch! Most of which was fertilizer. Competitor beat their super secret don't tell anyone else price in the end. I suspect charlantism.

Description of Work
Bid on windows replacement

Category replacement windows

Dear [member name removed] We apologize for your inadequate experience with Jack's Wholesale Windows. We truly believe our prices stand behind our high quality products. If ever you have questions feel free to give us at 1-800-845-4937. Sincerely, Jack's Wholesale Windows

05/27/2014

Daniel F.

Good Salesman was very informative

Description of Work
Estimate on windows

Category replacement windows

Dear [member name removed], We truly appreciate your business, and we're grateful for the trust you've placed in us. Please don't hesitate to call if ever a problem should arise. Sincerely, Jack's Wholesale Windows

09/10/2013

Susan A.

These people really know what they are doing. We had gotten about 5 other estimates when I decided that we needed to call Jack's. All of the other places were either unprofessional or late or just really didn't care about our personal lives. When I called to schedule an appointment the girl who I talked to sat and had a 10 min conversation with me about what we were looking for and she acted as if she was really invested in the appointment herself. We had a sales person out THE NEXT DAY!! He took his time getting to know us and our dogs :) He measured everything up, gave us a TON of information, and then figured out a price that would work for us. He offered us financing options as well. Once my husband and I had the price, he stepped outside to give us a few minutes to discuss everything. There wasn't much discussion because this was the first guy who came in and really WOWed us with the product and the staff. After that, the ball was rolling on getting everything done. One of the office girls called to set everything up with the final measurements and the installation. The crew that came to install everything was more than professional and respectful. They even worked through the rain. I figured I would have a few things laying around the outside of the house when they were done but there was NOTHING! No sign that they had been there, I mean other than our GREAT looking house. It stands out above the rest now, ALL THANKS TO JACKS WHOLESALE WINDOWS!!!

Description of Work
we had windows, siding and entry doors done.

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

Dear (Member Name Removed), We truly appreciate your business, and we're grateful for the trust you've placed in us. Please don't hesitate to call if ever a problem should arise. Sincerely, Jack's Wholesale Windows

04/11/2013

Thomas M.

Pretty good. One of the slider screens seems to be a bit warped and we did not receive a free thermostat as promised.

Description of Work
Removal and install of 1 double slider window and 1 double pain window.

Category replacement windows

Thank you so much for your feedback! Im sorry to hear that the screens on your slider seem to be warped. You can call our office at any time our number is 1-800-845-4937. With our windows we have our life time warranty, which can be used on the screens as well. We will fix any damage free of charge for you! Also, i will print off your file right now and have that thermostat sent out to you, im sorry for the confusion! If you have any other questions or concerns please dont hesitate to ask, we are always here to make our customers happy.

02/25/2013

Kim W.

They put in triple pane windows in 4 windows on the west side of our house. The installers did a great job on getting the windows put in and in a timely manner. Our problems lie elsewhere. I had asked for full screens on the windows in the living room and were told the 1/2 screens were all we needed and that we could just lift them up when we wanted to open the windows from the top. Well, we can however they do end up falling back down. We had a repairman out here twice for this and were even told to stick a piece of cardboard in the track to hold the screen up in place! That didn't work either. After talking to other window companies - we learned that triple pane windows really are not worth the extra money you pay for them. And we believe that now too because we have double pane windows throughout the rest of the house and they keep us just as warm and draft free as the triple panes that we paid so much for through Jack's. Now back to the screens...I also learned from other window companies that full screens are readily available so once again I contacted Jack's for these screens. After NUMEROUS calls there and several messages left which were not returned - there were so many that I started telling them that I would not leave any more messages because no one would call me back. That seemed to get a little bit of their attention. I finally did reach a gentleman there who was very helpful - he called me back each time he said he would and he did manage to get my screens made for my 2 windows. He told me it would have been so much easier had them made them when the windows were made - and I agreed but obviously other people at Jack's isn't aware of this. In the end, however, we do have windows that we are happy with and the full screens that we wanted all along - it just was a long road getting there.

Description of Work
They installed 4 triple pane windows in our house. Two were to have full screens in them and 2 with the regular 1/2 screen.

07/03/2012

Margaret P.

Jack's installed a house full of windows years ago with a "Lifetime Guarantee" They did replace some of the defective windows, however, we now have 20- twenty windows with broken seals and mold growing in them. According to Jacks, the "guarantee" is void because the company that manufactured the windows went out of business. After consulting The Google, we discovered that the window manufacture did indeed go out of business on a Friday.... and then reopened under a slightly different name and were in business with Jacks that following Monday! This whole company is a scam! Buyer beware!!!!!

Description of Work
Jack's installed 28 windows in my home. I should have been clued in when they arrived late and did a sloppy job. They balked at repairs saying they would be back in a week or so to replace a broken window and other windows that had gaps that let air in. A man called saying he was the owner demanding that the last of the money be payed today! He threatened to call my lender and complain about me which, he claimed would hurt my credit. I told Jacks I would pay the bill when the job was done and not before. He was very rude. I called my lender and told them the story. They said under no circumstance was I to pay the bill before the job was complete. When I reported that to jacks, he grudgingly sent workers to complete the job.

06/29/2012

Rebecca T.

We called to set up an estimate. I am the homeowner- I purchased my home before my husband was part of the picture. We work opposite schedules, and it is nearly impossible to catch us both at the same time. Jack's would not even schedule an appointment to come out to give an estimate without both of us at the home.

Description of Work
We tried to get an appointment for an estimate. They wouldn't even schedule one for us

06/20/2012

Jennifer M.

Horrible and would never use them again!!

Description of Work
I used Jack's Wholesale to replace 7 windows in my house shortly after I had purchased the house because the price was good and it came with a Lifetime Warranty on parts, labor, glass, defects, screens, etc. The install experience was a nightmare as they tore off my shutters and didn't replace them. They also didn't wrap the ends of their ladders and because I have an aluminum sided house they scratched the paint all up. When I called to complain about these things they told me that installer no longer worked for them & they would have to see what they could do. Weeks later & many, many calls, I had my blue house touched up with green paint to hide the scratches & I had purchased & installed my own new shutters. I had hoped to put this experience behind me as a lesson learned to NEVER use Jack's again and make sure I let anyone know that asked to not use them. However, I now have a window that has a bad seal. I called today (6/20/12) to ask what to do to get it fixed since I have a "Lifetime Warranty". To no real surprise to me, the manufacturer of my window no longer is in business, so I have no warranty. I can pay them a service call, pay for the glass to be replaced & then pay them to reseal it. I asked about my "Lifetime Warranty" and was told it was lifetime from the manufacturer and since they went out of business, I was out of luck. I mentioned that their salesperson put in writing "Lifetime Warranties on All: parts, labor, glass, defects, screen repair in showroom." Nothing in there says the manufacturer is issuing the warranty. I told the woman what I thought about their "warranty" and will give someone else my business to fix the window, but will be even more vigilant about badmouthing them & making sure I tell anyone that talks window replacement to NEVER, NEVER, bother with the con artists at Jack's Wholesale Windows!!!

04/30/2012

Dawn C.

Called for an estimate, They set up a time to come out to do this. They told us to keep a window of 1-2 hours open for the salesman. My husband and I both took off from work early to meet with the salesman, Our apt was set for 1pm. We were both home at 12 noon and waited until 3pm and did not hear from or see the salesman. We called there office and were told that he should be on the way out and they were not sure why he missed the 1pm apt. After awhile they called us and said the salesman was having car issues and they would need to set up a time a few days later. They said for our trouble they would give us 4 sets of Michigan adventure tickets for free, we agreed to meeting again. They set up another 1pm apt to meet with us and again we left work early and were home at noon to wait, 1pm came and went... we just thought forget it! About 2pm the salesman arrived at the door. He said he was again having trouble with his car and that he was coming from a location out of town. He took a look at our windows and said they needed replacement asap. (This we knew) He went on and on about different things until I asked him lets get down to the price! He hemmed and hawed around the subject for a few minutes and then said "You know what, you seem like down to earth people. Ill give you a deal you cant refuse" We were all ears at this point! He said " If you sign right now we can do everything for $8900" We were in shock! (We had a few other companies out and the price was about half of that) We said wow!, that seems a bit high for our windows... He said and I quote "You must be high" and laughed. He was VERY rude after we turned him down and it took a good 20 minutes to get him to leave! After he left we called the company and made a complaint, we also asked about our tickets. We were told that we would receive them in the mail within a week and they NEVER came. A few days later they called us and offered us a price of $5100 for the same work, As you can see just by the price change they are a scam.... DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Description of Work
WINDOWS

04/12/2011

Jennifer P.

I am a forty-something single lady. I have built a home from the ground up, but recently downsized to an older home to help save money. I need new windows on my entire main floor. The sales rep that came in to quote me a price, in my opinion, was extremely unprofessional. I will also state, that he was not from the Grand Rapids office, but one of their other offices (which right away, he complained about the "long drive" to my home). Told me I needed to buy a window from him to pay for his gas, after driving an hour and forty minutes. I felt like when I was trying to talk to him, about what I was looking for, he didn't really listen. He really wanted me to reschedule my appointment for a time that my boyfriend (whom doesn't even live with me, or have anything to do with my house) could be there. He went outside to "test the windows for lead", but instead made a phone call to his office, and stood right outside my paper thin windows and bad mouthed me, I was horrified. Then he came in and asked me to use my bathroom and also for a drink of water. He opted not to do the full presentation as required by the company, as it would've taken over 2 hours, and they had told me to plan on an hour to an hour and a half, so I didn't schedule that much time in. So, he had instructed me to lie to the office when they were to place their follow-up call. I sat there in disbelief, that a salesperson, would actually be sitting there, telling me what to say on the phone. I still can't believe it. In the end, he pressured me relentlessly to at least buy one window from him to help him pay for his gas. I couldn't get this guy out of my house fast enough, and will certainly not make this mistake twice. In the end, I didn't really feel that there was a huge savings anyway. I will most definitely work with a different company that will treat me like a real customer. I would NOT recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
I had an a sales rep come out to my home to give me an estimate.

07/06/2010

diane Z.

exterior trim colol was incorrect-not as ordered. price of window high.. Took an extended period of time for window to be installed. would not recommend. Used Blackberry for rest of windows. Price was lower ,quality of window much better. Install was timely and done correctly. Blackberry of Kalamazoo got HIGH MARKS>

Description of Work
1 window replacement

Category replacement windows

Thank you for the information that you have posted here. I'm so sorry if you had ANY issues during your time with Jack's. If for any reason you are not happy with the installation of your windows, please call (269) 679-4379. We would be more than happy to fix any and all the probelms that you experianced. Thank you so much!

01/09/2010

Susan N.

They did a good job and we were happy with it. Good company.

Description of Work
They replaced a window in my house.

07/29/2009

Kevin S.

The salesman arrived in a timely fashion. He spent approximately an hour, despite numerous hints to 'move on' telling us irrelevant stories and talking about why we should get new windows (we had called them so obviously we knew we needed new windows). When we would not sign on the spot he became very insulting and rude. When asked to leave a written estimate stated "I'm here to sell windows not give written estimates". When asked to explain why no written estimate responded 'what don't you understand, do you expect the receptionist to come out'. Too bad, the window itself seemed to have some nice features but the hard sell and tantrum type behavior at the end made us feel as if we had dodged a bullet in not signing up for this company's service. Salesman also whined we did not give him ample time to present his product in spite of the fact that he was here over 2 hours. Over 2 hours of our life we will never get back. Do not recommend.

Description of Work
Salescall to consider window replacement.

04/10/2009

Marnie P.

We visited the showroom on a Saturday to learn about the windows that would qualify for the Energy Star tax credit. Basically, we were told that "all" of their windows qualified, and they'd been selling these particular windows for 7 years. We scheduled an appointment for a representative to visit our home to measure windows and work up an estimate. This was accomplished on the following Thursday. The salesman was prompt and courteous. We discussed which windows we were looking to replace and what type of windows we were looking for. He took measurements and started calculating the estimate. There seemed to be no pricing difference based on the size of the window: a 24" x 36" double hung cost the same as a 40" x 60" double hung. The initial figure for 4 double-hung and one picture/slider combo was $5800. Then the "discounts" started kicking in: a buy one/get one free "sale" cut the window cost in half; another discount for placing an advertising sign in our yard; yet another discount for keeping him from making a return sales call, after we asked to be given the weekend to think about it. It was as if he was consulting the Big Book of Hard Sell techniques: promising the moon and the stars, guilting us because his commission would be cut in half if he had to make a return visit, trying to "divide and conquer" by directing all conversation to one of us, thinking that one would sell the other, telling us that "this is the just the way Jack does business; I'm just doing what Jack tells me to do." We asked how long the buy one/get one free "sale" was going on, and he said he didn't know...Jack makes that decision. Finally, when we had decided that we'd had enough, he offered to "split his commission" with us if we'd sign that night. That was the pathetic last straw. We did get him to "hold" the price he quoted until 10:30 the next morning, when he would call. He thought he was going to talk to me, but we decided later to let my husband handle it. The salesman was surprised when my husband answered his call the next morning, and unbelievably asked him why I wasn't available. He told the salesman that we had decided not to use their company. Period. The salesman then asked why, and was told that we were angered and insulted by the hard-sell technique, and that if the product and price were that great, they wouldn't need to push so hard for a commitment on the first visit. Again, he gave the excuse "that's just the way Jack does business." What really angered us about the whole situation was that we had approached them about possibly giving them our business, and they repaid that by insulting us with a hard-sell, acting like they were doing us a favor. When will salespeople realize that they will get so much farther with friendliness than pushiness?

Description of Work
We are just beginning to shop for replacement windows, so we scheduled an appointment for a free estimate.

08/27/2008

Timothy K.

We were forced to replace our original bay window in the summer of 2007, and despite a questionable reputation, we called Jack's Wholesale Windows. Boy am I glad we did. We had five estimates on the work and by far the Jack's salesperson, Denny, was the most knowledgeable and professional of all the salespeople. While their estimate wasn't the lowest, primarily due to the quality, Denny matched the lowest quote (on a clearly inferior window) just to get our business. That was just the first step of a great process. Our window was custom made and the installation was set, and surprisingly the installers were on time and very efficient. They even went above and beyond to do some extra trim work to make sure it looked good that most of the other companies had balked at. As promised, the new bay not only looked great, but it did a wonderful job of temperature control, essentially giving us our living room back. If this had been the end of it, I doubt that I would have written this. But the story continues about a year later, about a month ago this summer. Due to the heavy rains we had this spring, we developed a leak in the bay. I thought it was simply a matter of needed to be caulked, so we tried that a couple of times to no avail. Thinking that I was going to have to pay for a service call, I dialed up Jack's service line and requested a visit. I was surprised that they insisted to get someone here the very next morning, and when they showed up, they pointed out the problem with our soffit. Not their problem, more of a problem with the gutter system, but they again insisted on trying something to make it right. They custom installed a piece of metal designed to protect the roof line and redirect the water, all in about 20 minutes. When finished, they refused payment and told me to call if any more water should come in, as well as scolding me for not calling them sooner. I have no idea where any questions about their products or service have come from. The entire process has been fantastic, from sales, installation, and to service. I could not be happier and will absolutely call them for any future window work. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Custom bay window with birch interior trim. Approximately 10' x 5'6".

Category replacement windows

Thank you so much for you input! We love getting your feedback! If you have any questions or concerns in the future we are always here to help you :)

05/22/2008

cassey V.

They cleaned up after themselves, they were very quick too. It only took them two or three hours to replace all the windows. There were only three guys doing the work.

Description of Work
They replaced all the windows in our home and a big bay window as well. There were seven regular windows.