If you want to tear down a building, deconstruction can be a better option than demolition. Deconstruction is environmentally friendly, can help the community, and save your money. Learn how to deconstruct a house step-by-step.
Get matched with top home builders in Dixfield, ME
There are 4 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Dixfield
- Home Front Building & InspectionBest contractors I’ve ever hired. Excellent work and they were a joy to have around. Well worth every cent.
- Halldale BuildersGlenn and his team we incredible! We were a new build and a big undertaking with 3 stories and a large deck on the third floor. They completed all of our framing and making the project fully weather tight. We appreciated Glenn and his teams advice along the way, this project would not have been a success without their recommendations. Following the completion of their work Glenn has remained in touch to provide additional guidance and support, and offered to help us with any obstacles we may face as we work to finish this project. Great experience and highly recommended read less
- All Season Home Improvement CoWe felt so comfortable with Bob's initial estimate that we stopped searching and hired All Season immediately. When we were ready for the roof, Bob sent his best crew to begin. Al was the amazing one as he took great pride in the quality of his work.
- All Season Home Improvement CoFrom taking a crude sketch to providing extra construction details he all season team provided excellent customer service, timely performed, skilled craftsman ship and outstanding value.
- Halldale BuildersHalldale Builders performed work to add an in--law apartment onto our existing home, consisting of one bedroom, great room, kitchen area, bath. They joined the buildings with a mud room on the inside and a farmer's porch stretching the length of both buildings on the exterior. They do impeccable wood work. My closets, window and door trim, floor boards are all beautiful. They built cathedral ceilings in tongue and groove pine which are gorgeous. They installed a LifeProof floor which I am very pleased with. After the initial experience, we increased our budget and plans extensively to include more features. The construction included a complex roof which they managed without issue. They always had good suggestions and made the whole process worry-free. Any problems were quickly met with solutions. The owner, Glenn, helped me manage work being done through other companies, for example, we swapped out our heating system for an entirely new system to span both buildings. These builders have all the right contacts for cement work, electrical, plumbing, etc. I would wholeheartedly recommend Halldale Builders for any home construction project. These guys are perfectionists and truly care about the quality of their work and customer satisfaction. Perhaps the best testament of their work....We are in their queue waiting to get work done on the original house when they can fit us in read less
- Upright Building ServicesVery well - it took longer than Fred had projected, but he did a careful job and didn't charge for anything extra except when he ran into the rot which hadn't been projected in the price and required additional materials.
- Upright Building ServicesFred did an exceptional job on this addition. I had used him in the past for replacement window job, and ceiling insulation/ridge vent job, both jobs were exceptional. The project overall went well. We did have some delays, due to material order delays and a mistake on account of the building material supplier but Fred went out of his way to correct the situation, going the extra mile every time. We worked from the estimate very closely; Fred delivered exactly what was promised. I had the option of picking out the flooring and tile withing a predetermined price range. That process went well. I requested changes to the project tht required extra costs, eg., cabinetry, extra wide counter. The devil is in the details. The changes took time to do, the project ran over time-wise. This was largely due to the extras I asked for, and Fred's meticulous manner in completing work. The work had to be done right, and Fred wasn't satisfied till the job was done right. I am sure the labor estimates were low in certain areas, especially exterior siding, and countertop placement. Fred absorbed these costs, and remained true to his estimate on the price. The proof in the pudding is the look of the completed project. . The addition blends in perfectly with the existing house. The roof lines are perfect. Both interior and exterior workmanship were excellent. I received excellent value for the money spent. If you want a job to be done right, Fred Hilchey and Upright Building Services is the place to go. Fred is due to return to check in on a couple of minor touch ups. Quality is paramount with this guy. He keeps his word and is a man of integrity, something sorely lacking in other contractors. He cares about the finished product and the customer read less
- Halldale BuildersHalldale Builders was completely professional and my son is now the proud owner of an energy efficient, very well-built, and very beautiful new home. The construction is outstanding, and every detail is well-thought out and completed. We highly recommend this company if you would like to have the complete package of finding the best materials at the best price. The owner does happen to be my 2nd cousin, but we were treated the same way I have no doubt he treats all of his customers; with integrity, thoughtfulness, and pride in his company's workmanship. *Now that I have made these comments, I see at the end a box to verify I am not related to the owner in any way, as said before I am related, so that would make him, technically a 2nd cousin once removed from my son, but I don't think for a moment that that should matter. I know he is completely satisfied with the work and am posting this for him as he doesn't have internet access at home as yet. read less
- Halldale BuildersDrove to Maine the next day. He kept in touch and he arrived a half an hour early. He crawled through spaces that most would not dare tread. He reviewed and inspected all areas of concern. He was very honest and comforting. He pointed out that many items were not as bad as feared and also laid out a plan that would accomplish long range goals getting the place where we want it to be. He let me know that he would provide names for trustworthy specialists in the areas that need some immediate attention. There were quite a few folks there including another contractor representing the Sellers. When Glenn spoke, everyone listened. He also brought his partner, Matt Lincoln, who was very helpful. If you are looking for a contractor that is going to give it to you straight, I highly recommend Glenn and Matt of Halldale Builders. They both totally exceeded my expectations. I hope to use their services in the near and distant future read less
- Halldale BuildersHalldale Builders built our home 16 years ago. This was a new experience for us. They led us from start to finish through the entire process. They use quality material, are absolutely precise, knowledgeable, detail-oriented, and the result was our dream home. Everything was timely and came in a little under cost. They are very clean workers, aware of workplace safety & cleanliness. They have done a couple other small jobs for us, and the new floors were the latest upgrade. I would recommend Halldale Builders, absolutely!! Please ask to visit our home...we love to show it off!! read less
House Builders in Dixfield
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:My name is Clyde Fowler, Jr. and I grew up in Randolph, ME. I started Fowler's Roofing 13 years ago and have been providing roofing services, masonry work, and full construction work all over the state of Maine for over 17 years. My staff and crews are very reliable and professional. When we approach a job from the free estimate to the finished product the number one goal is establishing trust with the homeowner and to provide them with 100% satisfaction. We are proud members of the Better Bu.. read lessRecent Review:This process could not have gone any better. The salesman Chris Tupper was great to work with from day one. From the beginning to the end Chris went out of his way to help us with our new garage. He was very helpful when my wife had certain demands (colors) and came through. He thoroughly explained all aspects of the build. The crew that put the building up in 3 days were awesome. Kept the yard clean when done you never new they were there. Chris came by after build to check on things. I would use and recommend Fowler’s in a minute. Thanks read lessjeffrey p.
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in home remodeling (standard to custom), we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! From remodels and home additions, to dekcs and garages, and everything in between, give us a call or click to schedule a free estimate today! read lessRecent Review:It was excellent. They did a wonderful job, they followed up with the work, I was very happy, I would recommend them and I would hire them again in the future.bONNIE L.
- Business Description:Remodeling, General Construction and Carpentry. Sole Proprietor, but works with other subcontracted building professionals and uses licensed subcontractors for plumbing and Electrical work. Works hourly and/or provides free estimates, and free consultation. Strong emphasis on quality workmanship, and has solid references. All work is guaranteed accompanied by workmanship warranty specific to the job compleeted. We stand behind our product. Asa is an easy going carpenter who is a seriou.. read lessRecent Review:The project went great; I'm very happy with the final product. It lines up exactly with what I was looking for at the start of the project and looks better than I could have planned because of some great design suggestions from Wagner Home Renovation along the way. We ended up creating two separate closets from the previous closet incorporating some previously unused space in the condo as well. Both closets are accessed through very nice double doors. The laundry closet and general/clothes closet both look great. Wagner Home Renovation used high quality repurposed wood from a previous project and black iron rods to give the general/clothes closet great character. All of the work was very well done, and blends into the existing paint and trim-work so well, you can't even tell any work has been done. As an example, they added a wooden keystone at the enlarged entranceway near the new closets that was a very nice touch and feels like it was always there. They were able to save me money throughout the project by offering to use repurposed wood from previous projects that was often better quality than what would normally be used. Wagner Home Renovation does high-quality work and has a genuine interest in how well the end result turns out. They have a great attention for detail, offer great design ideas and options, and are responsive, honest, budget-conscious, flexible, reliable and easy to work with. I highly recommend them read lessGrant M.
- Business Description:drywall , building, remodeling, painting, eletricalRecent Review:It was horrible. Paul held up the renovation for over two months because he often did not show up or made excuses why he had to leave early. He was a one-man show, which meant this added to the time for the job. This was not know to us when we hired him. Also, our contractor had to fire him at the end of the job because he just could not finish it. The work that he did do is some of the worse drywall I have ever seen. We were not on site until after the painting was done and could not believe the lack of professionalism. We had to hire another person to try and fix his bad job and get things repainted. Terrible experience read lessLynn K.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repair read lessRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR .. read lessRecent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:Quality Home Builders serves Western Maine with an unparalleled commitment to quality and attention to detail. We take the time to do the job right, the FIRST time. We build standard stick framed homes, real log homes, garages, additions, decks, porches, and finished basements. It is my goal to make sure that every customer is 100% satisfied with the quality of our work and the timeliness of the job read less
- Business Description:Design Build Contractors for Lakefront and Oceanfront Properties
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
Need a little help learning how to price construction jobs? If you’re a general contractor looking for some guidance on how to win the bidding process and make more profit per job, we’ve got you covered. Keep reading for more.
Generating new leads is vital to the success of any contractor business. Whether you’re an electrician or plumber, new leads don’t have to be hard to come by. Learn how to grow your business in this guide for general contractors.
Find home builders in
- Bryant Pond
- Livermore Falls
- West Paris
- South Paris
- Mount Vernon
home builders in Dixfield
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- E.L.B. Construction Inc.370 Bailey Hill Rd 479 Dallas Hill Rd, Rangeley Me 04970
- Ed Bodeau & Son Contractors1297 PEQUAWKET TRL
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- E.L.B. Construction Inc.
- Gunn's construction68 Ferrin Rd
- Gunn's construction
- I&B construction and handy man services152 Mudgett Dr
Hyde Park, Vermont
- I&B construction and handy man services
- Maine RemodelingPO Box 41 138 Main Street
- MAINE TIMBER WORKS823 Augusta Road
- Marrone Electrical Service35 Canal St Ste D
- Marshall Enterprises257 New Settlement Rd
- McCarthy Point Builders38 Kenneth Ln
- McNaughton Bros. Construction Corp.368 Central Street
- Michael Wales & Daughter Construction480 New Portland Hill Road
New Portland, Maine
- Midcoast Home Designs168 Head Tide Rd
- Mike Smith bldg&remodeling incp.o.box 234
West Paris, Maine
- Morse Family Contracting209 Adams Rd
- Maine Remodeling
- Quality Home Builders of ME LLCPO Box 40
West Bethel, Maine
- Quality Home Builders of ME LLC